1 HOURS AGO #BeautySpy: GL reader Anna I. shares her pretty, natural makeup routine: http://t.co/P3yvII6nCn pic.twitter.com/V6ISX6wkEM

2 HOURS AGO The only workout you need this summer: http://t.co/VmVICwjUfc pic.twitter.com/TmQrLcmwB2

3 HOURS AGO This story brings a whole new meaning to lifesaver: http://t.co/j4fDRmuQ66 pic.twitter.com/E8ZchgAuao

COMMENTS

In the News: FDA will finally start monitoring beauty products

A sigh of relief or too little, too late?

i have the exact same results as @15hayhay; i tried Firefox. thanks so much!

xoxo,
natalie :<)

by soccerlover99 on 5/4/2012 12:54:20 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD
Hi! I need help! My sisters wedding is in 2 days!and i have a hair problem...My hair is really dark so it looks like i kinda have a mustache in the light..how do i get rid of it! help!

Hey girlie,

Check out this article! Dark facial hair, even on girls, is actually super common. There's nothing wrong with taking care of it by bleaching or waxing, if it bothers you or makes you feel insecure. I get mine waxed along with my eyebrows and it makes me feel fresh and clean, which totally helps me feel more confident Smile

Lauren C.

by bluejaygirl101 on 5/3/2012 10:22:27 PM

Mod! Mod!! Mod! Mod! Mod!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel really weird especially the past couple months I've been very concerned and worried on the way I look. In other words, I've been obsessed with beauty and who is pretty and what it means to be beautiful. Whenever I look in the mirror I can't help but feel so disappointed that I'm not pretty. My friends know about this and one of my friends said that she wouldn't consider me to be beautiful but not to worry about it. But I can't help it. Is there any way I could change my appearance for the better without surgery? Because who's going to like an ugly person? Sorry to bother you.

Hey girlie,

It's totally normal to go through phases where you compare yourself to others, you feel insecure, and you get super focused on being "beautiful" or being "the best." The truth is, there's always going to be someone more beautiful, faster, smarter, younger, more stylish, richer...you get the idea. The most important thing though is not to become the BEST in every way and not to spend hours comparing yourself to others. Instead, it's about working up the confidence in yourself that makes you have that special "something" that catches the attention of the people around you. And of course this can be done without surgery! Some people use natural-looking makeup and clothes that express their personality. Others use sports, painting, writing, or cooking to express their unique personalities. Lots of people feel better about themselves after listening to their favorite music. Whatever it is that reminds you of your strengths, your passions, and who you are as a person...that's what you need to focus on! Surround yourself with people that make you feel beautiful and special - and carry yourself with confidence like you have a lot to offer the world. Because you do!!!!
Lauren C.

by Icecreamluver on 5/3/2012 9:17:11 PM

while it WILL be better for our skin it will be WAY more expensive

by alicia1998 on 5/3/2012 8:10:08 PM

Mod Mod Mod When I take the new Retro Fashion Trend Quiz it never gives me my results. Why is this happening and can you see if it can be fixed? Thank you so much. Love you Mods you are always soo helpful!!

Hey babe,

Thanks for letting us know! Try using another internet browser for now and see if that works. But we'll look into it! <3
Lauren C.

by 15hayhay on 5/3/2012 7:03:56 PM

uh...yea they are a little late but better late then never right? at least they will stop them from putting toxic waste into mascara....right?

by madsgirl155 on 5/3/2012 6:37:12 PM

yeah very late, but as everyone else has said, better late than never!

by Alykat18 on 5/3/2012 6:17:10 PM

uh gross i dont wear mascara thankfully!

by Payton K on 5/3/2012 4:58:10 PM

It's never too late to make the world a better plce; even if it's a small thing Smile

by Zabcia on 5/3/2012 4:35:05 PM

I think the FDA is a little late in doing this, but better late than never.

by supersingershannon on 5/3/2012 4:15:25 PM