9 HOURS AGO Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/5YPicHugUv

10 HOURS AGO Find out your body confidence: #GLQuizzes http://t.co/rxV4mmtlqo

11 HOURS AGO Keep those brows in check! Follow these tricks on how to keep up with them: http://t.co/MaRLHigakT

COMMENTS

In the News: FDA will finally start monitoring beauty products

A sigh of relief or too little, too late?

MODMODMOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are E.L.F. products safe?? my friend stopped using products because they are made in another country and when i use them (from other country)she say's im messing up my skin!!!! how can i prove to her some of the stuff she says is wrong???? -Thanks in Advance!

Hey girlie, as far as I know E.L.F. products are safe. If you have really sensitive skin, your skin might react badly to some of the products, but that could happen with any brand. If she's saying things you know aren't true, do your research. Find proof that she's wrong and show it to her. That'll teach her to do her own research before she talks next time.

Lauren T.

by autumncupcake11 on 6/2/2013 8:28:17 PM

OF COURSE THEY'RE A LITTLE TOO LATE!!!!!

by XxUTookMahFonexX on 10/13/2012 11:55:53 AM

What about Maybelline mascara!?!?! :-(

by MD129003 on 10/7/2012 12:25:55 PM

How come the FDA hasn't done this sooner?

by cheetah#1 on 8/2/2012 8:53:13 PM

the fda should have done this years ago.
does anyone know any makeup brands that are pretty safe?

by smileyface27 on 7/11/2012 6:52:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I have really dry skin. And i have these bumps on my arms and i can only use certain lotions and soaps. And if i use it (lotion) alot i get eczema. Do you any way i can get rid of them i have had them for a couple years and people make funn of them?1

Hey girl,

If you have eczema that OTC products can't help, try talking to a doctor or dermatologist. They can give you a prescription to help it go away!

Meghan D.

by cet on 6/22/2012 5:10:40 PM

what kinds of beauty products are harmful? like what ones should i avoid other than mascara?

by soccersav11 on 6/22/2012 2:35:56 PM

I have acne on my face and back. Do u know of any good bodywashes that will clear up my back? And idk wht face wash to use because my nose is oily but the rest of my face is dry can u help?

Hey girlie,

Check out this article for tips on zapping back acne, plus this one for a combination skin face wash. (That's what your oily + dry conundrum means - combination skin!) Good luck babe! Smile And don't forget, if none of these work, the best person to ask for advice is a doctor or dermatologist <3
Lauren C.

by kmoore5 on 5/26/2012 9:00:55 PM

Hey coldplay12, check out the brands like Clinique, Bare Minerals, and Cleure for good makeup. Hope this helps! Xoxo

so, what are good non-allergenic make-up. like mascara? and i'm looking for a natural look! THANKS Lynae P.

by coldplay12 on 5/26/2012 2:12:00 PM

Mod-
I have bad skin, and nothing i've tried seems to work! I tend to get acne on my face, chest, and upper back. I've been using a clean and clear body wash (which has worked great for acne on my body) but nothing seems to help with the acne on my face! My skin is SUPER oily, but some spots are dry. I've been using a face wash and (i've seen some improvement on my skin) but it makes my face so dryed out! now i'm afraid to use it, i don't wanny dry out again. Do you know of any cheap face washes that work for my skin type? Thanks so much! Smile

Hey girl,

Check this out: Find the PERFECT Face Wash and Moisturizer for your Skin. It has suggestions for both oily skin and dry and sensitive skin!
Kelly G.

by kaylarocks2000 on 5/25/2012 1:56:29 PM

in my hometown in england all the makeup was safe and now in america im always checking the labels on mascara and lip gloss

by emroxlol on 5/24/2012 1:42:59 AM

MOD MOD MOD The Fashion Retro Quiz works now thanks soo much!Smile

Yayyy so glad! Smile Have a great night, girl!
Lauren C.

by 15hayhay on 5/13/2012 12:45:05 AM

I recently did a science project on harmful chemicals in cosmetics. I learned the most shocking scary things, It is incredible how harmful some of the chemicals are. I can't believe they let the chemicals through in the first place!!!

by Shakat on 5/8/2012 6:15:26 PM

better late than never...

by swimminchica on 5/6/2012 1:39:05 PM

They are a little late Frown O well I only wear mascara, concealer, lipstick, and eyeliner. I will definetly check all my make up products to see if they are okay!

by sgirl26 on 5/5/2012 1:25:19 PM

Thanks Lauren C. For your advise. I appreciate it. Smile

by Icecreamluver on 5/4/2012 9:48:31 PM

Ehh better late then never. I don't use a lot of makeup for this reason.

Hello, Now if you don't like reading about people advertising their advice pages and clubs, don't read forward though you probably will anyway because your curious.

I have an advice queen page called rainyseattlegirl whether you need help on your next english paper or need inspiration for a novel I'm here to help. I have straights A's in english have written two novels and have won school writing contests.

by rainyseattlegirl on 5/4/2012 1:45:27 PM

It would make sense if they started banning earlier, since they're aware that companies use toxic ingredients in beauty and it's highly harmful to all those girls and women who use tons of makeup, so that was a big mistake. But you know what, at least they realized that and made the decision to monitor the products, so good for you U.S!
I live in Canada and I am pretty sure they regulate cosmetics as well. I should find out!

by lemontwist213 on 5/4/2012 11:17:37 AM

All my besties starting wearing makeup at their 12 bday. I'm almost 12 and really want but I want to at my 13th bday. The thing is my mum wants me to wait till I'm 14 and a half. She keeps asking me if I'm ok with that but I say I am cuz I don't want to get in a fight with her. Any ways to tell her that I want to be a lithe younger and wear makeup without something bad happening?

hey! You should tell your mom how you really feel. Don't be confrontational, but let her know that you actually would like to wear makeup soon. Who knows? she might be understandingSmile

Helen S.

by CottonCandyCutie on 5/4/2012 7:33:35 AM

* MOD *
So I have the same mascara as all of my friends (greatlash Maybelline) and for them it looks great and never clumps or smudges/flakes and makes their lashes look longer. For me, it clumps up a lot, makes me look like i'm just wearing mascara not looking like i have long lashes, and flakes and smudges so much during the day by time i come home i kinda look like a raccoon. I think i have like an issue with mascara or something, this happens with every mascara I've gotten so far!! What do you think I should use/do?

Hey girl! Maybe try a different application process. Ask your friends how they apply mascara, and see if they can teach you. Or, try wiggling the wand back and forth in a sideways motion from the roots of your lashes out, rather than just brushing it on. Hopefully that helps! xx

Jess D.

by squigglegiggle13 on 5/4/2012 1:28:49 AM

i have the exact same results as @15hayhay; i tried Firefox. thanks so much!

xoxo,
natalie :<)

by soccerlover99 on 5/4/2012 12:54:20 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD
Hi! I need help! My sisters wedding is in 2 days!and i have a hair problem...My hair is really dark so it looks like i kinda have a mustache in the light..how do i get rid of it! help!

Hey girlie,

Check out this article! Dark facial hair, even on girls, is actually super common. There's nothing wrong with taking care of it by bleaching or waxing, if it bothers you or makes you feel insecure. I get mine waxed along with my eyebrows and it makes me feel fresh and clean, which totally helps me feel more confident Smile

Lauren C.

by bluejaygirl101 on 5/3/2012 10:22:27 PM

Mod! Mod!! Mod! Mod! Mod!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel really weird especially the past couple months I've been very concerned and worried on the way I look. In other words, I've been obsessed with beauty and who is pretty and what it means to be beautiful. Whenever I look in the mirror I can't help but feel so disappointed that I'm not pretty. My friends know about this and one of my friends said that she wouldn't consider me to be beautiful but not to worry about it. But I can't help it. Is there any way I could change my appearance for the better without surgery? Because who's going to like an ugly person? Sorry to bother you.

Hey girlie,

It's totally normal to go through phases where you compare yourself to others, you feel insecure, and you get super focused on being "beautiful" or being "the best." The truth is, there's always going to be someone more beautiful, faster, smarter, younger, more stylish, richer...you get the idea. The most important thing though is not to become the BEST in every way and not to spend hours comparing yourself to others. Instead, it's about working up the confidence in yourself that makes you have that special "something" that catches the attention of the people around you. And of course this can be done without surgery! Some people use natural-looking makeup and clothes that express their personality. Others use sports, painting, writing, or cooking to express their unique personalities. Lots of people feel better about themselves after listening to their favorite music. Whatever it is that reminds you of your strengths, your passions, and who you are as a person...that's what you need to focus on! Surround yourself with people that make you feel beautiful and special - and carry yourself with confidence like you have a lot to offer the world. Because you do!!!!
Lauren C.

by Icecreamluver on 5/3/2012 9:17:11 PM

while it WILL be better for our skin it will be WAY more expensive

by alicia1998 on 5/3/2012 8:10:08 PM

Mod Mod Mod When I take the new Retro Fashion Trend Quiz it never gives me my results. Why is this happening and can you see if it can be fixed? Thank you so much. Love you Mods you are always soo helpful!!

Hey babe,

Thanks for letting us know! Try using another internet browser for now and see if that works. But we'll look into it! <3
Lauren C.

by 15hayhay on 5/3/2012 7:03:56 PM

uh...yea they are a little late but better late then never right? at least they will stop them from putting toxic waste into mascara....right?

by madsgirl155 on 5/3/2012 6:37:12 PM

yeah very late, but as everyone else has said, better late than never!

by Alykat18 on 5/3/2012 6:17:10 PM

uh gross i dont wear mascara thankfully!

by Payton K on 5/3/2012 4:58:10 PM

It's never too late to make the world a better plce; even if it's a small thing Smile

by Zabcia on 5/3/2012 4:35:05 PM

I think the FDA is a little late in doing this, but better late than never.

by supersingershannon on 5/3/2012 4:15:25 PM

uh, yea i think they are a little late. but better late than never rite?

by musikluvr17 on 5/3/2012 4:14:17 PM

I don't wear mascara everyday, but this is kinda freaky..

by juegee on 5/3/2012 4:02:34 PM

I think the FDA is a little late on the action.

by otter77 on 5/3/2012 3:07:18 PM