4 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

7 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

8 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

Babysitting bucks: Make money, hunnie!

You’re ready to get this sitting thing started…but how do you do that, exactly?

Mod mod!
I'm 11 years old. Do you think this is old enough to babysit? If you ask my sister she would say NO because she argues with me every second. But my sisters friends, whenever they come to my house sometimes my mom says "I'll be in the shower, can you watch them for a few minutes?" similar things also happen when I go to their house, and I wound say I am good. I still haven't found the nerves to ask mom yet. If you think eleven is too young, there's a thirteen year old in my neighbor hood, and we are VERY good friends. If she agrees we could babysit together. What do you think would work for me?

Hey girl!

11 is a great age to begin as a mother's helper. This is like babysitting while a parent is still in the house. Definitely ask your mom about it- if you show her that you're interested, she could help you sign up for a local safe sitter class. You'll want to do your research because babysitting is a big responsibility. You can check out our babysitting tips here to get started:

Good luck!!!

Jess D.

by Ivy shimmer on 5/28/2013 10:11:44 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
So there is this music camp down at a lake where I live. I really really want to go to it because a lot of my friends are going and my band director says that it is a great opportunity. Only problem is that it is $375, and that is the reduced price as long as I get the money in by May 14th. I need to save that much money and that is hard for me because I can't get a job because I'm 15. I asked my parents if I could go to the camp and if we could split the bill like I pay a certain percent (but no less that 50%) But so far they aren't willing to split it, and I have no idea how to earn that much money by then. HELP!!!!

Helen S.

by koolkat534 on 1/5/2013 2:53:32 PM

For all of the girls like me who live in an apartment complex/ building, here's a tip for you. If there is a place where people can post flyers, make a flyer/business card of some sort and post it there to bring in customers. Hope that helps!

by cupcake_mutt13 on 12/2/2012 11:21:31 PM

I have business cards and a Red Cross babysitter-certified. Smile I usually only babysit my mom's friend's twin boys. I charge $8 an hour since there's two boys. They are four years old and I don't have to do any chores, except feed them, and sometimes bathe or put them to bed. When I do that, their mom pays me about $10 per hour. (WITHOUT ME ASKING!!!!) I love their mom, she is like one of my friends, not just my mom's! She is really nice and pays WELL! Smile Laughing

by lowes2000 on 11/30/2012 11:40:50 AM

i want to earn some money through baby sitting and i sat through an 8 hour straight baby sitting class so that i could be CPR certified and my mom doesn't trust me too watch my little sis who's 7 and super easy to manage. i think if i try outside of the house babysitting people will judge me by my age and think I'm too young! Meghan D.

by halfbloodprincessmar on 9/15/2012 12:04:53 AM

U used to babysit for this one family but now they moved away! I tried finding babysitting jobs but they haven't called me back yet? Any advice?

Hey girl,

Try asking your parents to spread the word to their friends or coworkers that you're an available babysitter. They probably know lots of couples with kids. You can also make up some posters advertising your services and post them around town with a contact number so they can reach you!
Kelly G.

by prettyangel1997 on 7/11/2012 10:58:18 AM

i did mt first babysitting job3 weeks ago.i got paid $30 for babysitting two kids from8 am to 1:30 pm. Mod! Mod! MOD! YOU COULD SAY to parent "if you ever want to get away iam aviable for babysitting if you need me" and for the amount say "what is best for me and you price wise" thats how i got 30 dollars.hope this worked for others girls.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by buddy1689 on 7/6/2012 2:42:35 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod! Smile
So, I'm 13 and starting to babysit for the first time. I have this neighbor who I think would be a could client, but I'm not quite sure how to tell the parent that I'm available for babysitting. Also, how do I spread the word that I'm available for babysitting now. I could really use some extra money and I love kids, but to babysit I need someone TO babysit. If I could tell people at my church, what is an un-awkward way to tell the parents? ThanksSmile

Hey! Just say that you'd like to start babysitting as a way to earn some extra money. and just spread the word by telling other people like at your church. You can also ask your parents to tell their friendsSmile good luck!

Helen S.

by the-chica-is-here on 6/25/2012 7:17:57 PM

Hey im in Girl Scouts and my leader is setting up a date where we can all get CPR certified!!! Woohoo!

by loppyears12 on 6/22/2012 12:26:40 AM

i have a hard time finding a babysitting job. i had 1 or 2 but they havent called back. i am 12 years old and i want to start earning money i just dont know how to do it. please help me i really really need the money!

by movintoparis on 6/21/2012 7:22:57 PM