1 HOURS AGO 10 must-do makeup rules you've never heard of: http://t.co/5WVBDTgQD6

14 HOURS AGO Anna & Elsa are servin' up some major hairspo! #PrincessStat: http://t.co/dQpwHoErKm

17 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

COMMENTS

Babysitting bucks: Make money, hunnie!

You’re ready to get this sitting thing started…but how do you do that, exactly?

Mod mod!
I'm 11 years old. Do you think this is old enough to babysit? If you ask my sister she would say NO because she argues with me every second. But my sisters friends, whenever they come to my house sometimes my mom says "I'll be in the shower, can you watch them for a few minutes?" similar things also happen when I go to their house, and I wound say I am good. I still haven't found the nerves to ask mom yet. If you think eleven is too young, there's a thirteen year old in my neighbor hood, and we are VERY good friends. If she agrees we could babysit together. What do you think would work for me?

Hey girl!

11 is a great age to begin as a mother's helper. This is like babysitting while a parent is still in the house. Definitely ask your mom about it- if you show her that you're interested, she could help you sign up for a local safe sitter class. You'll want to do your research because babysitting is a big responsibility. You can check out our babysitting tips here to get started:

Good luck!!!

Jess D.

by Ivy shimmer on 5/28/2013 10:11:44 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
So there is this music camp down at a lake where I live. I really really want to go to it because a lot of my friends are going and my band director says that it is a great opportunity. Only problem is that it is $375, and that is the reduced price as long as I get the money in by May 14th. I need to save that much money and that is hard for me because I can't get a job because I'm 15. I asked my parents if I could go to the camp and if we could split the bill like I pay a certain percent (but no less that 50%) But so far they aren't willing to split it, and I have no idea how to earn that much money by then. HELP!!!!

Helen S.

by koolkat534 on 1/5/2013 2:53:32 PM

For all of the girls like me who live in an apartment complex/ building, here's a tip for you. If there is a place where people can post flyers, make a flyer/business card of some sort and post it there to bring in customers. Hope that helps!

by cupcake_mutt13 on 12/2/2012 11:21:31 PM

I have business cards and a Red Cross babysitter-certified. Smile I usually only babysit my mom's friend's twin boys. I charge $8 an hour since there's two boys. They are four years old and I don't have to do any chores, except feed them, and sometimes bathe or put them to bed. When I do that, their mom pays me about $10 per hour. (WITHOUT ME ASKING!!!!) I love their mom, she is like one of my friends, not just my mom's! She is really nice and pays WELL! Smile Laughing

by lowes2000 on 11/30/2012 11:40:50 AM

i want to earn some money through baby sitting and i sat through an 8 hour straight baby sitting class so that i could be CPR certified and my mom doesn't trust me too watch my little sis who's 7 and super easy to manage. i think if i try outside of the house babysitting people will judge me by my age and think I'm too young! Meghan D.

by halfbloodprincessmar on 9/15/2012 12:04:53 AM

U used to babysit for this one family but now they moved away! I tried finding babysitting jobs but they haven't called me back yet? Any advice?

Hey girl,

Try asking your parents to spread the word to their friends or coworkers that you're an available babysitter. They probably know lots of couples with kids. You can also make up some posters advertising your services and post them around town with a contact number so they can reach you!
Kelly G.

by prettyangel1997 on 7/11/2012 10:58:18 AM

i did mt first babysitting job3 weeks ago.i got paid $30 for babysitting two kids from8 am to 1:30 pm. Mod! Mod! MOD! YOU COULD SAY to parent "if you ever want to get away iam aviable for babysitting if you need me" and for the amount say "what is best for me and you price wise" thats how i got 30 dollars.hope this worked for others girls.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by buddy1689 on 7/6/2012 2:42:35 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod! Smile
So, I'm 13 and starting to babysit for the first time. I have this neighbor who I think would be a could client, but I'm not quite sure how to tell the parent that I'm available for babysitting. Also, how do I spread the word that I'm available for babysitting now. I could really use some extra money and I love kids, but to babysit I need someone TO babysit. If I could tell people at my church, what is an un-awkward way to tell the parents? ThanksSmile

Hey! Just say that you'd like to start babysitting as a way to earn some extra money. and just spread the word by telling other people like at your church. You can also ask your parents to tell their friendsSmile good luck!

Helen S.

by the-chica-is-here on 6/25/2012 7:17:57 PM

Hey im in Girl Scouts and my leader is setting up a date where we can all get CPR certified!!! Woohoo!

by loppyears12 on 6/22/2012 12:26:40 AM

i have a hard time finding a babysitting job. i had 1 or 2 but they havent called back. i am 12 years old and i want to start earning money i just dont know how to do it. please help me i really really need the money!

by movintoparis on 6/21/2012 7:22:57 PM

i really want to babysit to make some xtra money this summer, but i'm 12 and can't go to a training course beccause none are offered near where i live. all my sibs have taken the course though. would it be ok if i just too a course with them as my teachers? they still have the books and stuff you get when you take the course. plz answer. i really need the money.

Hey girl,

Those courses are taught by professionals and give out certificates of completion-- which your sisters can't do. Try finding a course near you or a first aid course.

best of luck

put your hand over your mouth
make a wish
post this on 10 other polls
look at your hand

by sharie7 on 6/14/2012 1:15:23 PM

MODMODMOD:
I need $80 to pay for a dance intensive this summer. My mom suggested that I wash cars. I'm worried because I don't know how and my close cousin(our moms are identical twins) also washes cars. How can I make $80 without taking her customers or making her mad? Thanks so much!

Hey Girl!

Just make sure that the customers know that you're not your cousin! Then they'll want you to wash your car, and won't think its her. Also tell your cousin you want to wash cars too...maybe you two could work together!

SarahO.

by Vjazzy08 on 6/7/2012 9:20:00 AM

Hey nsw15, you can also try pet sitting, washing your neighbor's cars, having a yard sale and selling your old clothes to a thrift store or goodwill. Hope some of this helps! Xoxo

Heyyy....I need money because I'm going down to Ocean City 4 10 days in the summer with my friends.....I real wanna babysit 2 make the money but people think I'm 2 young.....even though I'm only 10(turning 11 in a couple days)...wht should I do? Lynae P.

by nsw115 on 6/2/2012 2:19:04 PM

When I babysit I don't really set a rate... People usually just give me money at the end... lol

by tessascuzin287 on 5/31/2012 6:39:18 PM

When I babysit, usually the parents are generous and pay me like $10 an hour. I feel bad taking so much money, but I don't know what to say. Should I set a price per hour myself instead of just taking what they pay me?

by katiep123 on 5/25/2012 4:16:15 PM

put your hand over your mouth
make a wish
post this on 10 other polls
look at your hand

by red716 on 5/25/2012 9:35:59 AM

Modmodmod ;D
Well I really wanna babysit because I am really responsible, good with kids, and an looking for money. But I'm only 12!!! I think some people might think in too young even though I am really mature for my age and responsible. Got any tips?? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Try starting with family members or neighbors who trust you! That way, you can build up experience and references, which you can talk about with parents later on if you need to prove that you're responsible and good at babysitting Smile You could also take a babysitting/CPR course to get certified - that looks GREAT and will help parents trust you even more. And since you're younger, it might be better to try babysitting for toddlers or kids, not babies. (They need a little more attention/work/skill, so parents might feel better leaving them with an older babysitter.) You can do this! <3
Lauren C.

by Lilmissamazing on 5/24/2012 10:52:23 PM

I would normally charge about $6 dollars for babysitting, but how much should i charge for babysitting while a toddler's mom is home but busy?

Hey girl,

Being a mother's helper would probably pay a bit less than babysitting, but every parent charges different rates, so negotiate with her!

Meghan D.

by sarahaqua17 on 5/11/2012 11:47:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
I have nextdoor nieghbors and well I don't payed a penny and they can be such a handful.When they're fighting their dad doesn't do a thing!I get so annoyed and I want an actuall paying babysitting job!I want to get paid but how can I advertise?

Hey here are some tips!

Helen S.

by bugie91344 on 5/11/2012 4:35:48 PM

I have a way older sis so I babysit over night. $10 (and a guitar lesson) for two kids. not bad for family. But I don't really know many people who need babysitters.

by twiggyskittles on 5/9/2012 10:54:23 PM

HEY EVERYONE!!! Do you want a club that you can ask questions and get help within a day and get all kinds of tips? Then join club BE AMAZING. In this club you can get tips, if you have questions then answers and you can just BE AMAZING!!! Laughing

by Princess Keziyah on 5/9/2012 11:18:08 AM

I would babysit, but my parents wont let me do anyone else other than church people. but there are alredy some people there that babysit. So yea...

by Ndadgirl on 5/8/2012 5:11:16 PM

*****CALLING ALL WRESTLING DIVAS*****

Do you enjoy watching wrestling? Do you think it's pretty awesome? Then join Wrestling Divas Only!!! In this club we talk all about wrestling. We talk about the weekly events and you can tell your opinion on the events, situations, matches and more! Who said only guys like wrestling? Join Wrestling Divas Only!!!

by Princess Keziyah on 5/8/2012 11:08:43 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD
Can you please hide this question?
QUESTION HIDDEN Smile

Hey girlie,

That area is full of nerve endings, more or less depending on the girl.  When they get touched, our brain sets off feel-good chemicals, generally resulting in that feeling.

It's not a bad thing at all!  It's completely natural.
Jordan S.

by futurewriter16 on 5/7/2012 7:57:34 PM

so you have a ton of junk lying around your house and nothing to do with it. Plus you want some new jewelry without spending a ton. What do you do? Join my club and find out how to turn ordinary stuff around your house into funky and creative jewelry! it's called DIY Green

by kpianoplayer on 5/7/2012 7:25:28 PM

Do you like rock and roll? Any type-from the 70's to now? If so, then join my club, rock music that rocks...we will talk about anything, but especially rock music! you can apply for any position.

by rockchik333 on 5/7/2012 7:02:56 AM

I don't put a set price, instead I leave it up for the parents to decide! Easier and me, and them.

by zoogs97 on 5/6/2012 8:13:15 PM

I get my babysitting jobs mostly through my parents' friends. I charge $5 an hour if there's only one kid, but for each additional kid I add 50 cents an hour.

by supersingershannon on 5/6/2012 6:52:02 PM

I actually don't have a set price and I let the family decide what they feel is right to pay me. I have only ever had problems because of that once when a family never paid me. That and other things made me not babysit for them again.

by cece-marie on 5/5/2012 6:53:11 PM

Great tips!!! Smile

by coolkid1 on 5/5/2012 3:53:38 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATTENTION <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Do you love One direction? Is your greatest ambition in life to marry each and everyone of them? Than you are a directioner and therefore you should join my brand new club, One directioners unite! where we shall discuss our love for the band ^^ Custom positions are open. See you there!

by kayla9 on 5/5/2012 2:43:46 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD
I don't like babysitting... but I need extra cash. Do you have any ideas??
Thanks, Sammy

Hey unicornninja,  is it possible for you to bump up your babysitting prices? If not try walking your neighbors’ dogs, having a bake or yard sale, and donating your old clothes to goodwill. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by unicornninja on 5/5/2012 2:38:52 PM

lol i already have like $537

by smileygirl555 on 5/5/2012 11:50:41 AM

I think $8 an hour is a fair price, but with my neighbor who I babysit for her one kid once or twice a month, she does $10 an hour. Helen S.

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 5/4/2012 6:19:54 PM

I put an add in the newspaper and got a job within days! They have three kids so I charged 8 dollars

by taytay3299 on 5/4/2012 5:58:26 PM

Also, a little tip: if you yourself get asked by text/email/Facebook message, I suggest you use proper grammar and spelling. It'll show your clients that you take time and that you pride yourself in being proffesional. Also, don't specify that you charge per kid. What if one day you babysit 2 of 3 kids? Then you'll be out of money! I'd have a set payment no matter what. If you need anymore tips just come to me. (:

by EgirlH.97 on 5/4/2012 4:45:02 PM

I babysit occasionally and I charge $8 an hour. I only have one family as of right now, and I was babysitting for them quite often, but I haven't in a little over a month. I will probably babysit more for them in the summer. It's two kids: a girl(6) and a boy(8). If you need tips on babysitting just ask me(: Jess D.

by EgirlH.97 on 5/4/2012 4:39:30 PM

hey girlies!!! I have much experience on this one! I usually charged $10 an hour and the people usually agree with me too! Good Luck!

by Cruegirl97 on 5/4/2012 4:29:47 PM

I am getting a summer job 2! Of course its babysitting but still it pays a lot. Smile Anyone who reads this its pretty fun babysitting and it pays you get money I have been babysitting for 1 year and its still fun Smile I recomend it! Smile

by rowanaurelia on 5/4/2012 4:02:17 PM

im sooo lucky!!!! the family i sit for has 3 kids and I only ask for $5/hour, but they insist on giving me $10/hour!!! I loooooove my clients!!!

by sweetpea185 on 5/4/2012 2:22:06 PM

For me it depends on how many kids and how old they are, if they are around 5 years old and there is one or 2 kids I usaully make $10 an hour.

Hello, Now if you don't like reading about people advertising their advice pages and clubs, don't read forward though you probably will anyway because your curious.

I have an advice queen page called rainyseattlegirl whether you need help on your next english paper or need inspiration for a novel I'm here to help. I have straights A's in english have written two novels and have won school writing contests.

by rainyseattlegirl on 5/4/2012 1:38:56 PM

I babysit for a family with 4 kids! They pay $2.50 per kid per hour! So I am making $10 an hour! 2/4 of the kids take naps half the day so I am getting off pretty easily! Smile

by peytonsweetness on 5/4/2012 12:01:11 PM

Hey girlies! please join my club, The Agency!!!!
For all you Middle School chicas who need advice on boys, beauty, friends, fitness or just some peeps to help you keep your cool during tough times. Along with the newest trends and gossip, you'll be hot stuff.

by ostar21 on 5/4/2012 10:52:47 AM

I don't have a set price I usually tell them they can charge whatever. That way you can get even more then if you set a price, but sometimes you might get charged less that way. Its risky but I would suggest it because I usually get between 8-10 per hr.. good luck! Smile

by jgal123 on 5/4/2012 10:35:58 AM

I agree with lilyyum!!! More kid tips not just... this stuff.

by Sarah510 on 5/4/2012 8:38:23 AM

uh...the girls face looks weird in the pic. but great tips!

by musikluvr17 on 5/4/2012 8:02:49 AM

so I'm 12 and have had my babysitting license for almost a year now and have only babysat my cousin. My friends all get paid different for their babysitting jobs and one even get paid like 100$ after just a few hours. I just got a babysitting job for a girl (5) and a boy (6) for 4 hours. How much should I charge.

Hey girl, I'd talk to the parents of the kids and ask for whatever they feel comfortable with for now. Then, you can use that as a starting off point and determine your rate a little further down the road. Good luck! xx

Jess D.

by CottonCandyCutie on 5/4/2012 7:26:10 AM

Sweet tips! But I more need kid tips!

by lilyyum on 5/4/2012 12:12:16 AM