16 HOURS AGO Bust out a brand new you! How, you may ask? We have all the answers right here!: http://t.co/hC70M42weR

16 HOURS AGO Who run the world? Girls (& tampons)!: http://t.co/sF2jsA3yCU

17 HOURS AGO RT @Amber_Montana: Thanks for including me in your magazine this month @girlslifemag! pic.twitter.com/i536Du2w8k

COMMENTS

Crush confession: The whole school knows who I like!

Should I embrace it or hide it to spare myself from humiliation?

MOd!MoD!Mod! Lauren C!
Hey! So I'm going to be playing in kne of my soccer games and my crush and his team are playin against us. He is the goalie Smile after the game my dad who is the coach gives a little talk to the players on my team so I won't have a lot of time to talk to my crush after the game ( if I even see him after the game) but if I do talk to him what should I say?!

hey! I'm not Lauren, but maybe I can help you out Smile Tell him he played really well, and you guys can talk about the game together, or maybe soccer in general and which teams you're into!

Helen S.

by augie on 5/11/2012 12:41:27 PM

Thanks Lauren C. ! <3 I think I'll try to get to know him better Smile

You're welcome! Smile I think that's a great idea, good luck girl!
Lauren C.

by augie on 5/10/2012 11:01:08 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!
My boyfriend broke up with me a couple months ago. If he was to ask me out again, do you think I should say yes? My friends and fam say no but I still really like him. We still talk and stuff...

Hey girlie,

This is a super personal decision that only you can make. Consider your feelings for him now - you say you still really like him, so that's step one. But why didn't things work out before? Has he grown or changed since you broke up last time? Are you willing to go through all this hurt again, if things don't work out a second time too? Will you always wonder how things would've gone if you don't give him a chance? You have to weigh the options and go with whichever one makes you the happiest. Just learn from the breakup last time so you don't feel SO upset if it happens again <3
Lauren C.

by TheMentalistgurl on 5/10/2012 7:23:27 PM

ahhaa yeah that's happened to me. several times. and it's really embarrassing when he's a popular guy in the grade above you. but i might end up dating him Laughing

by purplefroyoaintpink on 5/10/2012 6:54:50 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
I have been thinking about telling my crush I like him. Is it okay for a girl to tell a guy she likes him? Some people say that it's totally acceptable. While some others say that it isn't. What do you think?

Hey girlie,

Check out this Ask Bill & Dave article. Basically... it depends. I know, totally lame answer! But it depends on the guy. Just like you might prefer blonds while your bestie prefers brown haired guys, some guys like confident "make-the-first-move" girls while others prefer to do it themselves. Try to get to know your crush better as friends first and see which type he might be!

Lauren C.

by Gabriella123 on 5/10/2012 4:39:32 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
Ok so I play soccer and my crush was on my team last spring. He was pretty nice to me and is cool. My parents won't let me date and I'm ok with that.But I kind of wanted to get to know him better and be friends. I'm playing again this spring but he is on another team. I'm homeschooled so I don't go to school with these kids in the league. Anyway some of my teammates this spring who go to school with my crush say he is a total jerk! Whenever I ask why they hate him they avoid the question. Do you have any idea why they might hate him? I thought he was really nice! Thanks in advance Smile this is kind of a silly question!

Hey girlie,

It's not a silly question! It's good to do research on your crush to make sure he's actually as cool as he seems, but sometimes the answers aren't very good. The truth is, people can act one way around one group of people and TOTALLY different around another group. It's possible that he never showed you how he really behaves since you didn't see him every day in school, while it's also possible that the kids in school don't know the "real" him. It's tough to say. The best thing to do would be getting to know him better on your own. Keep in mind what your teammates have said about him, but at the same time try to judge for yourself <3 While sometimes a person's reputation lets you know you should stay away from him, you can't let someone's reputation cloud your opinion of them ALL the time!

Lauren C.

by augie on 5/10/2012 1:07:19 AM

Okay me and my BFG like each other. I told him I liked him. But we decided to just stay friends because we are in the same social circle and it would be awkward to treat each other differently then the other people. Now all my friends expect me to be depressed, their saying stuff like, "Oh, Hermione, it's okay! I'm here for you if you need to talk blah blah blah..." And this is not the first time I have told a guy I liked him. Why is it such a big deal now? Please help

Hey babe,

Ignore them.  If you're feeling okay, there's no reason to feel the way they think you should.  They probably just think that because they know the whole situation and because he's in your circle, that they're involved more, when they really shouldn't be.
Jordan S.

by hermionegirl12 on 5/7/2012 8:07:32 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
so there's this guy that I think may like me but I'm not exactly sure. We were in this play together and backstage he would talk to me and my friends, but there was this scene that mostly all the characters were on stage and then we would come out later. at that time he would always talk to me, make me laugh and stuff. on the second night of our play I started to freak out a lil bit and he came over and started to calm me down and helped me with me lines. I catch him starting at me sometimes too. But the play is over and I don't get to see him much cuz we dont have classes together and it's like somedays he doesn't talk to me and then others he does. I'm not sure if I like him either, it's like wen he doesn't talk to me I sorta like him and wen he does talk to me I want to be friends. I'm so confused sorry this was long. Thanks!!

Hey girlie,

Try being a little more out-going and getting to know him better as friends! That's the best way to decide between "just friends" and "crush status" - getting closer to him, figuring out if you have chemistry or if you have enough in common, and spending more time talking to him. Add him on Facebook so you can chat, or smile at him in the halls. Make small talk in the lunch line or get your crew to sit next to his at lunch sometime. Ask for his help with homework for a class you've both taken (maybe he did it last year or is in another period) or ask him a question about a club/sports event that he's involved with. Get creative and think of ways you can start short convos with him. This will help you grow closer to him, figure out your feelings, and will also keep you on his mind - which is great if you end up liking him for sure Smile
Lauren C.

by forevercolors on 5/5/2012 10:59:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
thank you so much...i'm going to go for it! <3

You're welcome, babe! We're here for ya anytime! Smile
Lauren C.

by Alykat18 on 5/5/2012 10:50:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
ok this is really something i need to talk about. ok there is this boy. i use to hate him. untill last year we became friends...best friends actlly. i talk to him everyday and well sometime we will admit to eachother that we like eachother but then i freak out and say no we r just friends. mainly cause he isn't cute and i'm afraid of what people will think(mainly my mom) but then i'll start thinking about what a great guy he is and i really think that i should give it a shot but i'm just afraid i will make things awkard and i'm afraid of what my mom will say just pleaasee help!! thanks...

Hey girlie,

You can't make decisions about love based on what other people will think! You have to do what is right for YOU. If he's a great guy, who has lots in common with you, who treats you with respect, makes you laugh, makes you happy... go for it! It's normal to judge people a LITTLE bit based on appearances, but what's underneath matters so much more. Since you know him well and you really like him, the right thing to do is to admit that to yourself - and don't let the opinions of others get in the way of that Smile Plus, if you really like him, you can tell your mom all of his wonderful qualities and how he treats you well. She'll care so much more about that than his looks!
Lauren C.