1 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

2 HOURS AGO #DudesDecoded—What "going out" reallllly means: http://t.co/82lzQAmYHK

3 HOURS AGO Hey craft-inista! DIY your own coconut scrub: http://t.co/3U1lijdXGz

COMMENTS

June / July 2012

PLL star Lucy Hale covers our summer fun issue...

i love this website

by minb3456 on 7/2/2012 7:44:41 PM

i'm never getting off this website

by minb3456 on 7/2/2012 7:42:38 PM

Modmodmod
When does the next issue of GL get sent out?
Thanks!<3

Hey girl!

The August/September issue of GL should be sent out within the next week or two. Keep an eye on your mailbox!
Rachael A.

by EgirlH.97 on 7/2/2012 8:07:13 AM

Mod Mod Mod
My birthdays coming up and people keep asking what I would like for my birthday and there are tons of stuff that I want but, I don't want to sound rude!What should I do?!!

hey! Just tell the truth and say what you want. As long as it's not too extravagant you won't sound rude Smile

Helen S.

by iluvhungergames on 6/30/2012 1:16:45 PM

Mod
do you have any articles on one direction?

Hey girl!  One direction is all over our website, since we're big fans Smile try searching "one direction" in the search box on the top right of the website to check them out!  xxoo
Maggie P.

by radiolovergirl on 6/28/2012 1:14:19 PM

who is A??? I so wanna know....O.o

by lacefedora on 6/21/2012 7:26:22 PM

Mod Mod Mod I still haven't received my mag yet don't know what to do help thx.

Hey Girl--

If you have missed an issue, call us at 1-888-999-3222 (toll-free, Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST), email us at subscriptions@girlslife.com, or write to us at: Girls' Life (GL), Subscription Office, 4529 Harford Road, Baltimore, MD 21214.

If you have recently ordered a new subscription of Girls' Life (GL) and have not yet received your first issue, please be aware that it takes up to eight weeks to start your subscription. If more than 10 weeks have passed since you placed your order and you still have not received your first issue, please call 1-888-999-3222 or email subscriptions@girlslife.com to notify Customer Service.

Good luck

simone s.

by crazygirlk12 on 6/21/2012 2:44:30 PM

I wish that i could win a prize...I never got anything...

by GLrulesmylife on 6/21/2012 2:30:56 AM

Mod Mod Mod!!
I want to be on facebook, but my parents don't like facebook. I'm not sure how to ask them or how to bring it up. And whenever I do think about saying it, they say how they hate facebook! Any help?

Hey girl, my parents were totally against Facebook, too. So I know it sounds crazy, but what I did was to make a PowerPoint presentation to show them the positive side of Facebook. It worked, and they let me get one. Now, you don't have to be quite that extreme - I would suggest coming up with a list of reasons why Facebook is good so that when you ask them, you can calmly and politely state your case. Just make sure your reasons are legit. For instance, mention that it'll give you a resource to contact your friends about homework questions in the evenings. Or you can talk about how it lets you keep in contact with your besties who have moved away or changed schools. Good luck!
Carrie R.

by beachlover123 on 6/20/2012 1:44:48 PM

GL, Thank you for the hottie you showed in the magazine. I just wish there were more of them. You should do a summer issue showing hot guys with just their swim shorts on. Please, please do it. Smile

by luckykel on 6/19/2012 12:35:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
OK so there was this contest to win a camelback water bottle on page 88 of the June/July issue. I can't find the contest on the website. SO...... Is it a July contest? I need to know!!!

Hey girl!

Here's the link to the contest! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/05/10/Stay-cool-win-big.aspx
Rachael A.

by elkakey on 6/18/2012 12:29:53 PM

I love Lucy Hale. She is awesome in Pretty Little Liars. I am watching an episode right now

by hungergamesfan on 6/18/2012 11:05:14 AM

I'm re-subscribing. how long will it be till i get my June-July issue??

by XxRainbowEaterzxX on 6/17/2012 5:43:09 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I haven't gotten the June/ July issue yet. I started subscribing in... November? Maybe December? I ordered for a year. I think.

Hey girl,

Go to this page: https://secure.girlslife.com/ and from there you can check to see when your subscription expires. You should be getting it in the mail soon, so try to be a little patient. If you don't get it by July, definitely have your parents give GL a call to see what the deal is.
Kelly G.

by Sarah510 on 6/15/2012 9:07:57 AM

where the heck is the 'win today' box?????????????????????

by Seracktea on 6/11/2012 7:24:29 PM

i love this mag! :3

by oliver3427 on 6/8/2012 4:38:14 PM

Mod
What about the "What to wear to make him stare?"

Hey girl,

The link will be up soon, don't worry!
Kelly G.

by Graciegang on 6/8/2012 2:10:35 PM

I havent got my june/july issue t

Hey girl!

Sorry about that! Give it two weeks and if you still haven't gotten it let us know again!
Rachael A.

by beautifullife on 6/8/2012 10:20:00 AM

I think you should put more One Direction because they are really cute and I love their music <3

by lanilulu on 6/6/2012 7:49:46 PM

2 questions! 1) How do I go about suggesting that my school start the year round school, you know like no summers and long holidays and stuff? I was thinkin of sending an email, but I wasn't really sure! I honestly think it'd be muc better for my community!
2) How do I start a club at school? My school diesn't have many extracurriculars besides sports, and I wanna start a do something club! The website has an easy set up, but I don't know if I shoukd discuss it with the school an get it as an official extracurricular or just have it as something I do and spread it by word of mouth through students! Thanks MOD! <3

Hey chica,

I wish I could help you out here, but really these are questions better answered by your school administrators.  Email your principal or propose your idea and talk with a teacher about having them mentor your club (all extracurricular school functions must have teacher mentors.)
Jordan S.

by selgomez1997 on 6/5/2012 9:46:15 PM

I'm goin to warped tour (on my birthday this yearr! Smile ) hehe, and I have some q's! 1.How many bands do you think we can cram in one day? We have quite a few that we wanna see! 2.My bestie plans on wearing her gladiator sandals! I tried to tell her her feet are gonna hurt, but she wouldn't listen! This is her first warped tour and her first concert, but she just thinks I'm exagerating about how much shes gonna get stepped on! I don't wanna leave early or stand at the back just cuz she made a stupid decision to wear sandals, what should I say to convince her to wear sneaks??? 3. What should I say when I meet bands?! It's always awkward for me! All I can ever say is hi! lol! I also wanna give Derek from Mayday Parade a bracelet, what should I say to him when I do??? Thanks soo much MOD!!! <3

hey! sooo fun! I'm about to head off to a music festival myself in a few days (bonnaroo ;)) 1) It depends on how committed you are to seeing every minute of every show. I would say prioritize your favorite artists, write down when they're playing, and go check out other bands, hopping from stage to stage when you get bored Smile 2) ohh that's rough, beg her to wear sneakers, and if she still doesn't listen, bring an extra pair for when she realizes you were right. 3) say "great show" or "you guys rocked" You can say to him that you're a huge fan and wanted to make him something to thank him for sharing his awesome music Smile have so so so much fun!

Helen S.

by selgomez1997 on 6/4/2012 5:04:05 PM

I still haven't gotten my June/July issue, and I saw it in a nearby store last week. What should I do?

Hey girl!

You may need to check and see when your subscription expires! That could be why you haven't received it. If your subscription is still good and your issue doesn't come soon, you can go to this link: https://secure.girlslife.com/

Here, you can report your missing issue, renew your subscription, or find out when your subscription expires. Thanks for letting us know!
Rachael A.

by KatieKay on 6/4/2012 2:21:47 PM

I still haven't got my june/july issue yet

by Tweety624 on 6/3/2012 11:08:25 AM

Mod mod
On customer service, it said to wait for the 30th of each month before reporting a missing issue. I waited till the 30th but when I go to report a missing issue, it says that my subscription does not contain the last three current issues. I'm really confused because I got the last issue. Help!

Hey girl,

If your subscription report seems funky to ya, contact customer service directly using the info at the bottom of this page. We'll help you through it! Smile

Lauren C.

by AMERICANPIEKITTY on 6/1/2012 12:59:06 AM

MOD MOD MOD...
Everytime i tell my twin bro that i love him he says "ok" Or "Whatever." Does my own brother hate me?

Hey babe,

Nope! That's just how boys are, unfortunately. They're usually not good at expressing their feelings - especially boys that are siblings! Don't worry, girlie. I'm sure he loves you just the same Smile
Kelly G.

by AnnaB1234 on 5/28/2012 4:54:38 PM

Mod Smile
Has the June/July issue been mailed out yet? I haven't got mine and was just wondering. Thanks! Smile

Hey! I think so. Let me know in a few weeks if you still haven't gotten it!

Helen S.

by Reutmkel on 5/25/2012 7:50:53 PM

my public pool opens soon and im goin with my two besties, one of which is bringin some supposedly hot guys with her! How can i be less nervous and get them to like me!? they're from a diff town so lucky fir us they aren't hicks like most of the guys where i live! this might be one of few chances for a long time of meeting a guy i have similar interests in and i don't wanna blow it! thanks so much!

Hey girlie,

Take a deep breath and don't even think about blowing it! Instead, look at it as a day by the pool with your besties. The hot guys are just a perk Smile Be yourself and don't put pressure on yourself by thinking, "Ok, I need to be cool and fun and pretty so they like me. I have to make them like me." Like I said, BE YOURSELF. They'll see right through any acts or phony behavior anyway! Ask them questions about themselves and casually get to know them. Play games in the pool and go grab a snack with one of them when you get hungry. Basically, just keep it relaxed and show them you're laid back and normal Smile It'll go just fine!!!!
Lauren C.

by selgomez1997 on 5/24/2012 10:23:58 PM

I didn't get the June/July2012 issue yet. Did it come out yet? I also didn't get the febuary/March but I did get the April/may 2012 but late.....like the 3rd week may...?????? I'm confused.

by kolive99 on 5/22/2012 5:52:23 PM

MOD
I'm subscribed to Girl's Life, and I've already gotten the last issue. I've been checking the mail every day, and it still hasn't came. Is it normal for the magazine to come this late?? Thanks.

Hey girl,

I'm so sorry your GL issues hasn't come yet! You can contact the customer service team through this link about when your issues will arrive. If you got your other issues, this one should be one its way soon Smile https://secure.girlslife.com/

Meghan D.

by americanpiekitty on 5/18/2012 11:23:15 PM

I want to work in special effects when I get older! What classes should I take in my bext three years of high school to help me? And what should I do once I graduate high school? I'm kind of interested in being an apprentice for a special effects studio, but A. I'm not sure how to go about doing so, and B. I live in central Illinois, meaning I'd have to move, I wouldn't mind moving if it weren't for the cost! I'm not going to have much money roght out of high school! Thanks soooo much!

Hey girl,

I'm not too familiar with special effects programs, but if you go to your school's guidance counselor, they can help you with course planning as well as financial aid opportunities for college.

Meghan D.

by selgomez1997 on 5/18/2012 9:03:47 PM

How do you sign up to win the books? I would really love to know!!! please and thank you! =)

by kaylalute2011 on 5/16/2012 11:39:40 PM

cant wait till pll awesome preview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by lovergurlluvsyooh on 5/12/2012 6:43:06 PM

Hey LLL328, I'm not exactly sure how long it has to be. The last winner wrote a shorty story, so probably not super lengthy. Just send in your best work. Good luck girly!!! Xoxo

Will this fiction contest be like the other one? I'm really excited and full of ideas, I've already begun writing some down! I was wondering if there would be any prompt or certain length? Give me any info you can, and thank you so much!
I am very excited I <3 writing! Lynae P.

by LLL328 on 5/12/2012 1:08:03 PM

MY NEW ISSUE CAME! :3

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 5/12/2012 12:41:38 PM

Mod Mod Mod
When will I receive this issue in the mail?
Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Hey girl,

You should receive it in the next few weeks!

Meghan D.

by Girlygirl0906 on 5/12/2012 12:22:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
When are you going to put up the link for the new fiction contest? Thanks!

Hey girl,

I don't know the exact date, but it should be soon when the issue is released!

Meghan D.

by Emilicious on 5/12/2012 1:03:33 AM

cant wait to get mines!!!!!!

by cutiepie14231 on 5/11/2012 9:43:29 PM

*****ATTENTION WALKING DEAD GIRLS*****

Do you enjoy The Walking Dead series or/and the novels? Or are you interested in knowing what the show is about? If so, then join The Walking Dead Fan Club. We talk all about the show and the novels. If you love watching zombies or gory zombies, then I promise you'll love this club. Laughing

by Princess Keziyah on 5/11/2012 9:08:27 PM

I love this issue! Bought it yesterday! Smile

by neena4 on 5/11/2012 7:06:59 PM

Put someone NEW on the cover! Like Debby ryan!

by FrenchRose on 5/11/2012 6:07:18 PM

I just got this today! Thank you soooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by MusicIsLove123 on 5/11/2012 5:35:31 PM

omg! I was the one in the asking for help part about the bowling and laser tag!

by ljbdaisy on 5/11/2012 4:34:10 PM

I have never have seen the Pretty LIttle Liars and now that i saw the trailer.... I AM SO WATCHING IT!!! It look amazing!!!

by *Lyhsa* on 5/11/2012 11:36:34 AM

What? I need this mag! I need to wait 4 days!

by lilyyum on 5/11/2012 11:10:14 AM

I got my issue in the mail on Wednesday! Smile So good! You should go out and buy it, defff.

by New_York_City on 5/11/2012 9:34:55 AM

i got this one a couple days ago

by Payton K on 5/11/2012 8:17:02 AM

Be sure to enter for the book Monument 14, I won an advance copy and it was really good!

by puffinlover99 on 5/11/2012 7:42:50 AM

i got my Girlslife magazine june/july mag YESTERDAY! WOOO HOOO! I <3 IT!!

by angie333 on 5/11/2012 12:34:41 AM