AN HOUR AGO 20 major fashion fails: http://t.co/T7nMCBwQDd

13 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

16 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

COMMENTS

My BFF is a liar, liar, pants on fire

I don’t know why she does it. I just want her to stop…

This year my BFF left school and then came back. We hung out for like the first few days she was back but then she met a girl named Ava. We all tried to get along but than Ava started hating me, for no reason at all. Then my friend tried making me jealous by writing things on her hand like AA4EVA. We have gotten in fights before and her only defense is trying to get everyone to go against me. So now, two months later we are friends again. I am worried she will turn her back on me again and turn my friends against me. Should we still be friends?
I need help.

Hey girl!

There's no reason your friend should be treating you this way! I think you need to be totally honest with her and tell her that if she doesn't quit hating on you for no reason then you're not sure if you can stay friends with her. Ask her if there is a reason she occasionally treats you that way. If she has a reason, talk through it. If she promises not to turn her back on you again, give her one more shot. But if it happens again, it's probably best to end the friendship and move on to other people who won't hurt you. Good luck!
Rachael A.

by HungerGamesForeva on 6/4/2012 12:57:37 AM

My friend tells me stories and then if I ask her again another day she changes it, I'm pretty sure she's lying. But I don't know how to talk to her about it, I confronted her before and she could not believe that I thought she lied to me, then she tried to make it feel like it was my fault that I asked her about it. She sayed she was a good friend and would never do that, but I can't stand her changing her stories! For example she ALWAYS tells me that she can't hang out because she has to watch her little sister, which is fine but then the next day she will say that she went to the movies shopping ect. with other friends. What should I do??

Hey babe,

The fact that she desperately tried to turn it against you in the past is definitely a sign that she wasn't being entirely honest.

Let her know that you've noticed inconsistences in her stories and you want to make sure she's telling you everything so that you can do your best to help or understand.
Jordan S.

by Makeupandfashionlover123 on 5/21/2012 6:04:59 PM

MOD!! MOD!! MOD!!!!
I have a problem! I am a part of this Sunday school committee and for many circumstances I realize that I need to quit. The committee is really bogging me down in more ways than one. I mean, I'm running events for kids to give them knowledge when I myself realize that I don't even know half the things they're talking about. I don't want to be hypocritical so I decided I wanted to take a leave from the group so I could learn and then maybe come back in the future. What's the best way for me to quit? Should I do it in person or over email? I'm afraid if I do it in person she might force me to join again as she is quite manipulative. Thanks in advance!

Hey babe,

If it's not making you happy then there really isn't any reason to continue.  There's no way that she can manipulate you if you stand strong and know that you want to leave.  It really is most respectful to quit in person with a week or two weeks notice.
Jordan S.

by frannyfrog on 5/19/2012 7:35:29 PM

Mod Mod Mod
There's this girl, and I really loathe her. We have mutual friends, and second period together, so she follows me and hangs out with my group of friends. But she's rude, narcissistic, and nobody likes her. Last year she was best friends with my current best friend, and she shattered her completely. Now my best friend hates her but is too nice to stand up to her. I'm willing to (more than willing to, actually). I've given her hints, but she's playing dumb. Should I just straight up tell her that I don't like her, or take a different approach?

Hey! If you act too harshly you'll regret it later, I speak from experience. You're annoyed by her, but that's not the end of the world. I suggest you just "kill her with kindness" as they say.  If she starts to try to do more things with your friend group, you shouldn't lead her on if you don't like her, but  if you only have to see her a few times during the day I say the best approach is to be friendly.

Helen S.

by BellaS19008 on 5/18/2012 8:20:38 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
There is this guy I REALLY like. but idk if he likes me back. How do I find out with out sounding or looking wierd? And my friend is always saying that I like this other guy when I don't at all like him. I had to lie to her get her to stop. I HATE to lie but that was the only way for her to stop but she still does. How do I make her stop???
PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey Gal!

Finding out if a guy likes you can be a little tricky. Be flirty with him. If he flirts back, he probably likes you, too. To move your relationship forward, try texting him. See where it goes from there. As for your friend, ask her why she keeps saying you like this guy. Make it clear her spreading rumors makes you uncomfortable and that you would like her to stop. Remind her she would definitely not want it done to herself.

Marisa D.

by ceceandrocky20 on 5/18/2012 10:23:03 AM

Hey girl who wants to get a tattoo,
So you want to get a tattoo. Well I am againts them but that is just me. remember what ever you get you have to live with FOREVER!!! AND!!!! as you get older (like 50's and older)your tattoo will look different than when you just got it. I see people 50 and older with tattoos that look VERY wierd because their skin has changed SOOO much from the time they got to now. Just PLEASE keep this in mind when you make decide.

by ceceandrocky20 on 5/18/2012 10:09:27 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
im thinking about getting a tattoo and im 18 and my parents say its fine. But 2 big things i dont understand 1.where do i put it without anyone seeing it cause i want my bf to see it but where do i put it Tong 2.what should i have (i thought about a cheetah but idk)

Hey girlie,

1. This depends what you're getting and what size it will be. Personally, I like the inside of the wrist and the inside of the ankle. Some people also get them behind their ear or on the back of their neck/shoulder and it looks good.

2. This is a super personal decision and should be something that has a LOT of meaning to you. You'll have to live with it forever, after all! Some people choose to get a tribute to a family member/friend, some get a symbol of an organization/job/group that has affected their lives, and some people get something that makes them feel inspired/stronger, like a quote or an anchor. It's totally up to you! Think hard about it Smile
Lauren C.

by mlshay on 5/17/2012 4:56:59 PM

Sara510, That is so rude! You are posting mean comments ALL over GL. You don't have to be mean to everyone! My gosh, it is just UNBELIEVABLE how rude you are to the girls on this website. It's a shame your profile isn't publicly visible, because if it was visible, I would've posted this on your profile, not on a public article. And just so you know, most of us AREN'T mean and nasty popular girls, but you are, to the people on GL. And don't tell us to "Shut up and get on with our lives" because that is just mean and not helpful to anyone. Just for the sake of everyone on GL, stop being mean to us. And I have seen a ton of your mean comments. If you want to reply, reply on my profile.

by New_York_City on 5/16/2012 10:37:55 AM

MOD MOD MOD My fish just died today. It was the best fish ever. It lived up to 4 years old. I really miss my fish. i stayed home from school today. i don't think i should get another fish, but should I? thanx!
-Kaley

Hey Kaley!

I'm so sorry about your fish. It's really difficult getting over the loss of a family pet. I hope your day at home gave you some time to feel better. As for getting another fish-it's your choice! If you think you'd be good solo for a while, then you don't need one. If you're super eager to have another family pet, head down to Pet's Mart (as long as your parents are okay with it, of course).

Marisa D.

by girlscupcakespitbulls on 5/16/2012 8:32:04 AM

Thanks Marisa! You helped a lot!

by The_Spark on 5/16/2012 2:12:13 AM