8 HOURS AGO RT @Fanlala: See what questions @PeytonList answered yesterday for @girlslifemag! http://t.co/YwPnWyG3Ra

12 HOURS AGO Play up your pony with this runway trick: http://t.co/0g7gDEHONT #GLBeauty

13 HOURS AGO These pretty playmakers offer unlimited outfit options—which is what we all need, right? Win @OfficialNFLShop gear: http://t.co/enRZCWDOfv

COMMENTS

Why do guys want girls to make the first move?

Seems like a standoff to see who will ask who out first? Here's how to make that boy budge...

lol i agree i made the first move and i am shy around guys...lol it was on e-mail but when imet him i shared my pens lol

by sym10 on 3/10/2013 7:17:49 PM

ohmygosh. theres girls commenting with like older people problems (like highschool) and they're in like 6th grade
-_- slow down with the boys and enjoy being a kid.

Have a great day Lovies, <3 Kayla.

by kaylablaze33098 on 6/25/2012 4:15:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Okay so recently during baseball season,my dad coached this team,and there is this boy on the team that I really liked. He is a grade higher than me and a year-year and a half older than me. He's only talked to me twice,one we were making jokes of my shoes,and the second time it was the last time I got to see him,at the end of baseball season year party. He stared at me a while then when I got up he asked if I could refill his drink and then he said I was nice and all. The next time I'll get to see him is this coming up school year. I'll be in 6th grade and he'll be in 7th. Should I make the first move or just leave it be and find someone else next year? Thanks.

Hey girl!

I recommend focusing on having fun this summer since you won't see him until the fall. When next school year arrives, try and talk to him or text him if you have his number. There's nothing wrong with making the first move. If you don't try, you'll never know!
Rachael A.

by Rx7871 on 6/18/2012 11:35:46 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I finally got a bf, he's really nice and stuff but we talk mostly over text. We were hanging out the other day and he seemed uninterested. He was boring and would barely talk, but we can text for hours. I tried to start conversations but he wouldn't keep them going. He told me he doesn't really know what to do, b/c I'm different from all the other girls he's dated. I don't know why he's acting like this or what to do with him. He's asking me what to do but I have no idea!

Hey girl,

If he's shy, try letting him start the conversation, or choose a topic you know he's interested in. If he's more comfortable, the conversation might start flowing better! But if it seems like he really doesn't want to talk to you, let him know that's not okay and that if you're going to be in a relationship, you need to be able to have in-person conversations.

Meghan D.

by iluvflowers on 6/15/2012 6:35:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
okay, so ive been dating this really nice kid for about 1 week now (but we talked for about 2 weeks). Today after hanging out we were texting and he said "aw thanks and can i get a pic of u qn" so first things first: what kind of picture does he mean?! like just one of me or like a certain kind of picture, if you know what i mean!i am not that kind of girl and i dont think he is that kind of guy! and then what does qn stand for or was it just a typing error?? If you could help me out asap it would be really nice, thanks!!

Hey girlie,

Why not just ask him?  That way if he is asking for the type that you're not comfortable in sending, you can tell him right then that you're not that type of girl.  I honestly have no idea what "qn" is, it was likely just a typing error.

Jordan S.

by srs226 on 5/26/2012 8:19:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I really like this guy in my swimming. The problem is, he's a year older than me, and next year he's going to middle school. He's really nice to me, and I don't know if he likes me or not. Swimming is over, and I almost never get to see him. How can I talk to him without him thinking I'm a stalker?

Hey girl,

Why not ask him for his phone number or email address to keep in touch over the summer? It won't seem weird, it will just seem like you want to stay friends! You can start a conversation about anything casual and it shouldn't be weird, but if it seems like he's not into the conversation, he might just want to be friends. Use the summer as a time to hang out with your friends, and don't worry about him too much -- whatever is supposed to happen will happen!

Meghan D.

by glitterunicorn on 5/26/2012 10:00:55 AM

Hey Bluejayee221, it can be awkward when your friend is getting romantic with their boyfriend. Since your girlfriends are always with their guys why dont you scheldue a girls night for all of you. You all could get dressed up hang out and no boys would be allowed. Whenever you are hanging with your friends and their boyfriends, try to bring up topics or do things that you all enjoy. So instead of feeling like the third wheel, it will just feel like friends hanging together. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!
All of my friends have boyfriends,( except for a few who aren't guys or girly stuff) and I'm feeling left out. Whenever I sit with one of my friends and her bf, it gets super awkward and I end up leaving. I'm happy for my friends and all, but how can I feel less like the only girl who doesn't have a boyfriend? Lynae P.

by Bluejaye221 on 5/19/2012 3:33:53 PM

I really like this guy, but we barely talk, we only have one class together and he doesnt talk to me until the last 2 minutes of class, and i wanna get his number but i don't know how, and I can't just go up to him and ask him, I know i would mess this up, what do i do/say to get his number? thank you! Smile

Maybe pretend you need help with that class? Ask him for his number in case you have any questions you need to ask him. I think thats your best bet Smile xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by katzrock112 on 5/16/2012 9:39:16 PM

Mod MOd MOD MOD MOD!
There's this guy I really like and he told me he likes me too. We text a lot and flirt but there isn't a lot of time to talk at school and it's kind of awkward. We're always with our own groups so it's hard to hang out. Any Advie?

Hey girl,

why not set up a study date or group date? If there are other people it will be less awkward, and if you're doing homework, you'll be productive and get to spend time together! Try introducing each other to your friends so that your "groups" will be less divided.

Meghan D.

by soccerreb on 5/12/2012 12:04:09 AM

I have a boyfriend who I've been dating about 6 months. He's really sweet and considerate, kinda shy, and obviously cares about me a lot, but we don't have a lot in common and I don't really feel like we have a lot of chemistry. To make things even more complicated, I'm starting to like one of my guy friends. He's really nice and outgoing and I always have fun with him, and he acts kind of flirty, but he's a huge flirt who acts that way with everyone. And he's two years older than me and graduating this year, and I don't see him much out of school, so I feel like there's not really a chance of us being any more than friends. I got his number from his sister but he doesn't know I have it and I feel really stupid and guilty about it because I'm dating someone. I'm really confused. is it worth even considering breaking up with my boyfriend, or should I just try to get over him? I feel like it wouldn't work out if we dated or I even asked him out, but I really like him.

Hey girl,

Before you make a decision, you should try to separate your feelings about your boyfriend from your feelings about this new guy. Did your relationship have problems before you starting liking your friend? If you've been on the rocks for a while, it might be time for you to take some time apart. But if you still care about him, it might be worth giving your relationship another try! Just don't let this guy get in the way of your relationship, because whether you stay together should be about what's between the two of you.

Meghan D.

by coldplay_girl on 5/11/2012 11:00:08 PM

I'm not the best at making the first move! XD
*ATTENTION BAKERS*
Love baking. I do! Join Cupcakes 101 where I post weekly recipes. Our VP has left (darn) so join the club and tell me on my profile if you want the position. We also have another position up for grabs so just check out the club and tell me on my profile if you want it. Enough with that, JOIN CUPCAKES 101!

by purplenurple88 on 5/11/2012 10:37:13 PM

Do you like rock and roll? Any type-from the 70's to now? If so, then join my club, rock music that rocks...we will talk about anything, but especially rock music! you can apply for any position.

by rockchik333 on 5/11/2012 10:23:13 PM

okay soo there is this guy i really like but i feel really bad cuz i think i made him upset or mad at me!!! We r in 8th grade now but last year in 7th grade he txted me a couple times and i was kinda mean and said..."why did u txt me?" and he was like "idk i just wanted to" soo i just said okay well bye. And then another time he asked me for a hug in class and i said no but he kept asking and he was sitting really close to me!!!I feel really bad now cuz i was being dumb and didnt realize that he may have liked me...and now i dont kno what to do becuz whenever i try to txt him he never ansers and he bareley talks to me!sometimes i catch him looking at me tho!!!Smile What should i do,I REALLY WANT TO ASK HIM TO SEMI TOO,but im not sure what he will say and i dont think i will have the nerve to either!

Hey girl,

If you want to ask him, you should ask him -- the worst that can happen is that he says no! You can apologize for what you said and tell him it was just because you were nervous, he should understand! If you don't ask him to go to the dance with you, you should at least dance a couple times with him! Good luck!

Meghan D.

by peacenluv22 on 5/11/2012 9:37:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! So i think I like my BGF. We've been friends for a long time and I used to like him but gave up because I thought it would never work out. He talks to me a lot and seems to like me but he does the same thing to one of my ex-best friends who is super mean but looks EXACTLY like me. What do I do?

Hey girl,

It sounds like he might be confused about his feelings, but if you like him and think it might work out, maybe you should tell him! But if you're not sure, you could just wait and keep seeing how he acts around you when you are hanging out as friends. You could also go on a group date with some other friends -- if he pays a lot of attention to you, that's a good sign!

Meghan D.

by kenzi143 on 5/11/2012 9:16:12 PM

*****ATTENTION WALKING DEAD GIRLS*****

Do you enjoy The Walking Dead series or/and the novels? Or are you interested in knowing what the show is about? If so, then join The Walking Dead Fan Club. We talk all about the show and the novels. If you love watching zombies or gory zombies, then I promise you'll love this club. Laughing

by Princess Keziyah on 5/11/2012 8:33:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
i really like my ex it has only been around 2 and a half months since we broke up i used to hate him but latley he has been super nice to me and we laugh together again and we had a really good trustworthy relationship and now i miss it and him what should i do i can't tell anyone because they either think i hate him or they would think im wierd and stupid for liking my ex

Hey! Trust me, tons of girls like their exes it's totally normal. I bet you'd be surprised if you'd just talk to them about it Smile

Helen S.

by Esparkle on 5/11/2012 8:11:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
ok so theres this boy. him and i are great friends. we laugh and walk in the halls together. his sister embarressed him about liking me by going "ooooo!" when she caught him walking with me. and now he wont flirt with me or anything. how can i tell him or make him understand that to ignor her.and that its ok the be freinds with me ect. help! thanks!

Hey! I think if you ignore it, he probably will Smile

Helen S.

by kathapple17 on 5/11/2012 7:33:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Okay so tomorrow the middle school at my K-8th school has our athletics dance and its going to be kind of hot in the gym because this dance unlike normal middle school dances includes our 5th grader and its in our gym(our ventilation really sucks) so it'll be really hot!! What should I wear cause I sweat a lot and don't want to look all sweaty if someone asks me to slow dance with them!?!?!? Also should I just stick to simple foundation because it'll be so hot? I also don't have any jean shorts yet and it has to be something appropriate to wear to a Catholic school dance as if it's not appropriate they'll kick me out!
Tanks,
HungerGamesRox99

Hey! staying simple with makeup will be best, I agree with you. You could wear a long, airy skirt! It's pretty, modest, and you'll keep cool Smile

Helen S.

by HungerGamesRox99 on 5/11/2012 7:07:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
My bgf, aka my crush, has an older sister who is graduating this year and tonight is her prom. She is going with her guy friend. Her guy friend has a younger sister thats in my bgf's and my grade. My bgf's sister thought it would be cool if he took her guy friends sister. They are close friends like me and him and I am also friends with her. But I'm freakin out! Because if he asks her to prom I will be devastated!! My prom is a couple years away but I am still worried. I know she would say yes. She doesn't know I like him. What do I do??? I like him sooooo much!!

Hey! Are you friends with the guy's sister? You should talk to her  and explain your situation, maybe she'll end up putting in a good word for YOU instead ;)

Helen S.

by HorseGirl2998 on 5/11/2012 6:56:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok so I really like this guy,he's in my grade, homeroom and most of my classes. I want to tell him I like him, but am to nervous to tell him! How do I get over this nervousness! I'm afraid if I tell him we'll stop being friends. Help!

hey! In my experience, it's more fun to have a crush than to tell a boy about it. It really does make things awkward. Even if he likes you back these relationships don't last very long, and then things get awkward anyway. I think it's better to have guy friends, because those relationships last, and can turn into something more naturally when the time is right Smile

Helen S.

by willow5366 on 5/11/2012 6:30:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Please help!!!!!! There is this guy i really like but he has a girlfriend now and we just happen to be exes this guy and me i really like him but we only have like 2 weeks of school left and then for middle school I am going to a different school than everyone!! I REALLY like him what should i do!?!??!?!?!?!?!? Please reply ASAP!

Hey! I think you should try to move on from him, if you're leaving and he has a gf, crushing on him is just going to hurt! Good luck chica!

Helen S.

by Redkyffin on 5/11/2012 6:15:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
okay so i really like this guy and weve been friends forever.(: hes super sweet and really popular. i want to ask him out before schools out (so i can have a summer romance) waht should i do? i was going to ask him out today but i chickened out. how should i ask him out! Thanks XOXOXO

Hey! Just ask him if he'd like to do something soon. make it specific like a movie or ice cream, and just keep it casual. Don't make him feel like it's the end of the world if he says no.

Helen S.

by wakeboardchick7 on 5/11/2012 5:52:17 PM

Okay this is hard for us too!

by lilyyum on 5/11/2012 5:38:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I shouldn't tell my crush I like him? We never talk. Plus it's a little late to start being friends within five days since school's out for us. Help?!?!?!?!?!

Hey! Yeah that does sound like it would be a little rushed to me. even so it can't hurt to say hi, right?

Helen S.