8 HOURS AGO Get a lil mysterious with 4 non-verbal flirting tricks: http://t.co/NbbiVk3aZP

11 HOURS AGO 5 #DIY options for your Thanksgiving table centerpiece: http://t.co/NS6hhu9ckR

12 HOURS AGO 5 Xmas smoothies that prove holiday treats CAN be healthy: http://t.co/YDVZvghmQg

COMMENTS

The secret to looking good and feeling great this summer

And ya know what? It's not upping your workout routine or going on a diet...

i'm only 12 and i'm skinny my family from my dad side is skinny to but i feel unhealthy i tell my mom sometimes being skinny isn't always being healthy so i beg her to take me to the gym ( i bike to school and back but i don't think its enough) she refuses and she says " oh well your to skinny if you exercise you'll turn to mist " i dont know what to do now i tried a million times to convice her can you please help me?

by jaynasa on 12/29/2012 12:11:03 PM

Mod MOD MOD
I kinda have an awkward body shape, sometimes called a pear, I have slight shoulders and ribs and then really wide hips and wide thighs. I love my curves, I feel beautiful with them, but I hate how wide my thighs are and how much wider they get when I sit down. Can I do anything about this without starving myself or losing my hips?

Hey girl, pear is the best body shape. I have the same one. It's just how your body is, you have to learn to love your body because its 100% beautiful. Starving yourself is never an option, so please never consider that! When i was toning my thighs I did lots of leg lifts and squats. There are some great thigh exercises online.

lauren r.

by Nerdbird34 on 12/2/2012 9:44:48 AM

Am I overweight? I'm 14 1/2 and my height is 5'2. I am a freshman in high school. I am almost 120 pounds!

hey girl,

I would talk to a doc to see what a healthy weight for you would be. Just stay healthy and focus on a healthy lifestyle, not on weight!

Meghan D.

by purplesumrow on 11/24/2012 9:48:58 PM

This is a really great article and it's really true, that you should always be proud to be you. I play soccer and I dance and my doc says I;m the perfect weight for my height & age but I feel like I look like I weigh more than I do it's weird but when I read this article it made me smile great job Girlslife!

by cookiemonstah123 on 8/13/2012 2:01:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I'm going to camp in a week and I'm supposed to get my period sometime during it! I don't know what to do about it while I'm there, I usually take motrin so I'm not miserable, but we're not allowed to have it in the cabin with us! Do I have to ask my counselor to take me to the nurse to get it or what?

Definitely. Talk to your counselor and ask if you can have some motrin that is kept at the nurse station. They'll allow you access to it while youre at the camp. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by bluefreckles on 7/14/2012 9:50:12 PM

Hey I need help I have been having discharge for over a year and still havent gotten my period . Im really worried . I NEED HELP DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENING PLEASE HELP
~ worried

by kstar759 on 7/13/2012 6:05:11 PM

Please help me with this when i laugh really hard I snort sometimes and it makes me look really weird what should I do?............also I have been having discharge for about six months hair down south and boobs do I need to be prepared for my period ...........please answer

Hey girl,

I can't predict when your period comes, so you might want to ask a doc if you're not sure! And as for your laugh, I'm sure it's fine! It's unique, and other people probably appreciate that Smile

Meghan D.

by maggie2000 on 6/22/2012 10:39:29 PM

Hey Effervescent, yeah all that sounds like fun.google some face masks recipes. They usually include stuff like sugar, milk and honey. So it shouldn't be hard to make. You could put nail polish, makeup, and jewelry in their gift bags along with gift cards. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Hey, miss moderator!
I want to host a slumber party with a spa theme for my girls. I'm planning on having stations for different spa treatments. Such as manicures, pedicures, facials, massages, foot soaks, hair styling, and doing their makeup. Does that sound good? Also, I don't know what sort of facials I should make that have ingredients that you can find in your kitchen. I was also thinking about giving my friends party favors in pretty bags before they left in the morning, but I don't know what I should put in them! Help? Lynae P.

by Effervescent on 5/26/2012 2:37:33 PM

Hey Olympians, there's nothing you can naturally do to reduce the size of your breasts. You can wear clothing to lessen the appearance of them. Like bigger shirts, and crew neck tees versus low cut ones. For a bathing suit, try wearing a one piece or a tankini. And I'm not sure why you're comments don't post. Let me know if you have anymore questions girl! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!! Im really thin but I have a big chest is there any possible way to make it smaller without surgery???? Im really insecure about it and im dont like the way any bathing suit looks on me please help!!! Oh and my mods never show up why is that?? Lynae P.

by olympians on 5/26/2012 1:23:30 PM

i am 12 turning 13 soon and i am 5'4 and weigh 105! my mom says i need to gain weight but i am not that skinn. i am playing 2 sports right now and 1 in the summer. i want a nice look for the summer when i go swimming and i dont know how to! i dont really have any curves and i really want them so is there any way to get them??

Hey girl,

While you can't gain curves, you can always fake them by wearing a waist belt over dresses and tops. If your mom thinks you need to gain weight, visit a doctor or nutritionist to see what they say about your weight and healthy ways to get fat if they think you need it.

Meghan D.

by kendall4003930 on 5/25/2012 11:29:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
Ok, so I went to go get my Jr High shots a couple days ago and I also got a check up, and the Dr. made a weight chart. There was thin, normal, almost over weight, and over weight, and the Dr. said I was thin and very petite for my age.
But I don't understand.
I eat a lot of food ever day, and I LOVE donuts and cake and frosting and eat junk food non-stop. In fact I am even trying to eat healthier and as much as I love fruit, I sometimes will go a couple days without fruit.
What is going on with my body? How would I be underweight? Is there a chance I could have diabetes? A fast metabolism? And last, is it bad to have a fast metabolism?

Hey girlie,

It isn't bad to have a fast metabolism at all! Especially since you just got back from the doc and didn't make any recommendations to gain weight, change your diet or habits, etc. He didn't suggest you might have diabetes either - he just said you were thin and petite. That doesn't even mean "underweight" - just thin! Every girl is different and, as long as you're getting a well-rounded diet full of healthy stuff like fruits, veggies, and lean proteins, you're on the right track. Eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full - don't stress! <3333
Lauren C.

by kipinoy on 5/24/2012 8:29:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Haha well I would just like to know what "MOD" stands for, and if I am asking you something, how will I know when and if you reply? Thanks!!!

Hello! "MOD" stands for moderator and you will know if I have replied by looking back where you posted your question! xoxo Kerra
Kerra S.

by JB_rice123 on 5/23/2012 10:37:35 PM

Why are my comments not showing!

by raegan232 on 5/23/2012 12:15:20 AM

This post is awesome feeling super inspired!

by swan32 on 5/22/2012 6:53:21 PM

MODMODMOD!!!
I'm 12 and i have an adam's apple! is it normal and will it show alot when i grow up? Is there a way to hide it?
Thanks!

Hey girlie,

This is totally normal! Girls CAN have Adam's Apples - it's a little more rare but it's not only guys who have them Smile Your hormones are fluctuating right now because you're going through puberty, and an excess of a certain hormone could cause your Adam's Apple to be a little more "out there." If you're concerned or have questions about exactly what is causing it, try asking your doctor! You might feel a little awkward bringing it up, but trust me your doctor has heard it all - and he/she won't think you're silly for asking about it Smile As for hiding it, you can always opt for turtleneck shirts or light scarves to cover it up. But honestly, if you don't make a big deal about it, no one else will notice like you're noticing it. Self confidence, babe! You (and yes, even your Adam's Apple) are gorgeous!
Lauren C.

by fizzydee12 on 5/19/2012 10:33:05 PM

Mod Mod Mod...
Okay so I'm a really quiet girl and I'm not super funny. I can talk to people but not in like a full conversation kind. I really like this guy and he's quiet at the cattle shows since I don't go to school with him but when he is with like a group of 4 he is really funny and loud. I only know that through my friend that went on a dairy trip with him and some others. I don't know how to talk to him and make him like me even though I'm super quiet. Also, are there any ways that I can become a tiny bit more outgoing too? Thanks!

Hey babe,

You just have to find common ground that you two share, like interests or skills, and then the conversation should flow from there.  There's no reason to be shy!  Just remember that everyone is willing to make a new friend, everyone likes conversation.  Just let it happen and don't overanalyze the conversation or the situation and you're all set!
Jordan S.

by Cowsrule11 on 5/19/2012 7:10:15 PM

****************mod mod mod mod mod MODMOD mod mod mod mod mod********************
I think my boobs a re too different sizes and I can notice it I don't know about what others think and it makes me self concionsce and I don't want to tell anybody. I haven't told anyone. What do I do about it?

Hey babe,

That's completely normal.  Nearly every single girl has a slight difference in the size of each breast, it tends to even out until it's almost unnoticeable as time goes on.
Jordan S.

by Jojo1120 on 5/19/2012 5:52:35 PM

Im 12 and its not like 'oh im so fat!!' or 'if i dont look hot in a swimsuit i'll never get that guys attention' i work out because the sports i do are fun. everyone i know is like 'oh your too skinny, 76 isnt healthy'. im tiny!!

by WhiteStripe3 on 5/19/2012 3:11:19 PM

Hey fearless;), yeah I think the wii fit will help you. I know many people who have used it to shed pounds. I've also heard it's fun. Try it chica! Xoxo

so i have the wii fit and i wanted to know if you actually get a work out from it?? Lynae P.

by fearless;) on 5/19/2012 2:57:10 PM

Please help! Sometimes i get made fun of like: your skin is too white! but its not. I still want to get a tan though, but not from the sun or a tanning bed, so, do you no where the sunless tan lotion is? please respond!
thanks!

Hey girl,

Great choice to use sunless tanner instead of harmful UV rays! You can get sunless tanning products at most drugstores or beauty stores. Try a gradual tan lotion if it's your first time so you don't end up darker than you intended!

Meghan D.

by tiffanyanna02 on 5/19/2012 11:26:38 AM

I run for exercise, and I'm 12. I'm not obese or anything, I just like it. I run like a mile or so when I can and I keep fit. It's a really fun hobby/sport, and great exercise. I vote it best for girls and women. Helen S.

by glitterstars456 on 5/18/2012 5:52:43 PM

HEY ALL MIDDLE SCHOOLERS! Come join ClubMiddleSchoolGals! We will help you get through Middle School with helpful tips, fun officers, and superb advice! Have a question? Go ahead and hit us! We have some good stuff up our sleeve(: We will help you in all areas of life, and we are ready to make some awesome friends! Please join.♥

by Featherr.♥ on 5/17/2012 10:10:27 PM

modmodmodd!!
so i have red hair, there fore i am REALLY pale. i have absolutely NO idea how to get tan! i dont wanna get like kim kardashian tan, but i wanna get tanner than the paleness color i am now! got any ideas for redheads to get at least a little tan?? thanks!

Hey girlie,

The only safe, healthy way to tan is EXACTLY the tan you should go for - the sunless tanner! Tanning lotions are great because you can go darker by using them more often (and layering the color), or go subtle by using it once and washing your skin soon after applying so it doesn't set in as much. You're in total control! Check out our fave fake-bake picks to get started Smile

Lauren C.

by lilmissamazing on 5/17/2012 5:27:37 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATTENTION <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Do you love One direction? Is your greatest ambition in life to marry each and everyone of them? Than you are a directioner and therefore you should join my brand new club, One directioners unite! where we shall discuss our love for the band ^^ Only one position left. See you there!

by kayla9 on 5/16/2012 11:25:26 PM

This is really good advice, I'll remember this, definitely!
Check out my Advice Queen Page? (Its on my profile "Just_me12" is the name)

by just_me12 on 5/16/2012 11:09:03 PM

It's really hard to feel confident. I need to start thinking of 'working out' as just having fun.

by PaintedDestiny on 5/16/2012 6:50:17 PM

I have no reason to wear a bikini... when I swim it's competetively and I have to wear a one piece and I wouldn't look good in a bikini anyways!!!

by HungerGamesRox99 on 5/16/2012 6:24:12 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Okay so I'm 13 and everyone says that I'm skinny. I'm glad I'm skinny and not fat or anything, but I don't really feel like I have much muscle. I play volleyball but my club season is over and I don't do any other sports. I don't have a ton of time to do camps or anything like that either. Any suggestions o how to have stronger muscles or get more muscles? Thank You!!!

Hey girl, lifting weights helps build muscle a lot. I play volleyball and soccer and those sports helped me get toned, but never gain the muscle that I wanted. Now i lift weights and it has helped me gain muscle where I want while still looking toned. Of course I don't look like a body builder, nor do i want to. Lifting weights naturally doesn't cause you to look like that either, so don't worry!

lauren r.

by Cowsrule11 on 5/16/2012 5:51:10 PM

Yea but it's hard to feel confident about yourself!!!! I wear a tight tankini top and boy-shorts. I add style to them to make them make me look more fashionable. This way I am covered and confident but still look really cute and get some "stares". Working out it a hassle. I am healthy, a fine weight, and look fine. I try to just stop obsessing about how I look and try and have fun instead. Smile

by BabyDahl13 on 5/16/2012 5:44:49 PM

What can you look in a mascara?
I want one and i don't know which one to buy. i don't want my eyelashes to fall off or anything.
and what the best way to put eyeliner?

Hey girl, go with a hypoallergenic eyeliner and mascara. Those are not irritating for your eyes or skin. The best way to put on eyeliner is just a thin stroke on your bottom lid, and another thin stroke on your top lid right above your eyelashes. If you want to get fancy with different kind of eyeliner styles, there are lots of tutorials online.

lauren r.

by cuteangel7892 on 5/16/2012 5:43:05 PM

The last paragraph is false. No one stares at a girl's smile in a bikini. Survey as many people as you want and the first thing they'll notice wont be your 'smile'

by Smasheroo on 5/16/2012 3:28:13 PM

Hey Chicas! If you want some advice on how to get fit, then join my club, How To Get Fit In No Time! I just made this club, and I do not have one member. This was one of my first clubs ever made, so If ya wanna get fit fast, join my club!

by girlscupcakespitbulls on 5/16/2012 1:20:20 PM