AN HOUR AGO Look in on lovescopes, friendship forecasts, and more: http://t.co/z37Z6NffkZ

2 HOURS AGO Why he talks to you on summer vacay—but not in school: http://t.co/QHqdQINuLZ

3 HOURS AGO 7 celeb-inspired ways to cure summer boredom: http://t.co/PvDFmaO4oD

COMMENTS

Why hasn't your crush asked you out yet?

He’s mega flirty and he says he likes you, but hasn’t made a move. Here’s how to snag that sweetie…

Mod Mod Mod...
Okay, so I show cattle and there is this guy that is 14 and I'm 13. I've liked him for 2 years now but I haven't told anyone. My mom and sister think I like him but I don't want them to think that. We are both really shy so we don't talk much and I'm kinda scared to talk to him. There are also a bunch of people that would make fun of me too if they knew I liked him. We don't have a lot of time at shows either because we are always working. He is also always hanging out with his older cousin that is going to be a senior in high school next year. I don't know how to talk to him since he is always with older people. I really like him but I also don't go to school with him so I only see him in the summer and only like 3 times a month. Any Advice? Thank You sooooo much!

Hey! It sounds to me like you really like this guy Smile congrats, it can be fun to have a crush. The best way to deal with this is to be his friend and see if something more happens naturally. I have seen so many girls get hurt and ruin friendships because they "had to know" if someone liked them, and they asked the guy about it and made the whole situation awkward. I even did that myself when I was younger. It's better to have a secret crush on your friend than to have a public crush on your ex-friend. good luck!

Helen S.

by Cowsrule11 on 5/18/2012 6:16:12 PM

So today these 2 guys (one's my kinda boyfriend who I don't have feelings for, but I enjoy hanging with him and I don't want to lose him as a friend and the other is this guy who I have a crush on, but is my BFF's brother) both asked me to the upcoming dance. My kinda BF asked me first, to which I declined saying I didn't know if my friends had dates and I didn't want to stand out. Soon after my BFF's bro whispers something to my kinda BF, then 10 min later he asks me. Here's the thing; I don't remember how I replied. I had to get somewhere and I think I nicely declined but IDK! Also, we hung out after school and my BFF brought up the formal and asked her bro if he had a date. I feel really guilty that I said no and I'm scared I'm gonna lose friends! Please help!

Hey! It sounds to me like you declined really politely, so if that guy gets mad at you he's being a jerk. As for not remembering what you said, just don't bring it up and if you said yes, he will eventually have to bring it up again if you don't.

Helen S.

by emmyie11 on 5/18/2012 6:09:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD i constantly compare myself to other girls, especially celebrities. There are these group of female singers that i really want to look like, and i fight against my looks so i can look more like them (for example, i wear more eyeliner and i tweeze my eyebrows more). the problem is that it always hurts me that i'm not as skinny or tall or as pretty as them, even though my family says i am. should i believe my family?

hey! You absolutely should believe your family. The truth is, you aren't any of those singers, you're you. They have tons of problems and issues that are directly related to how they look. For example, a lot of their career depends on them looking a certain way, and that kind of pressure is exhausting. People and the media are constantly treating them as if they have nothing else to offer besides their looks. Even if the articles say differently, the objectifying photo shoots for magazines are selling an image, not a person. I'm not saying celebrities have terrible lives, I'm saying they have different lives, and I don't always envy them for that. You don't have a team of stylists making you look perfect every day, and what makes you beautiful is your ability to love yourself. You are perfect just the way you are Smile

Helen S.

by PuppyCT on 5/18/2012 5:06:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
There's this guy I sit next to in homeroom and one of my other classes. We are not in the same social circles at all and don't really talk. Recently, like the past week and a half it's like he all of a sudden noticed me. He started casually talking to me. Today he gave me like 2 fist bumps and a high five. I don't know if he's flirting with me or just being nice. I don't want to be a fool and flirt with him if he doesn't like me. He broke up with his girlfriend about 2 months ago and is single. We only have a few days left of school before summer when I might only see him a couple times a month. What should I do????
Thanks so much and sorry for this being long!

hey! no problem this isn't long at all. It sounds to me like you really like this guy Smile congrats, it can be fun to have a crush. The best way to deal with this is to be his friend and see if something more happens naturally. I have seen so many girls get hurt and ruin friendships because they "had to know" if someone liked them, and they asked the guy about it and made the whole situation awkward. I even did that myself when I was younger. It's better to have a secret crush on your friend than to have a public crush on your ex-friend. good luck!

Helen S.

by sweetheart118 on 5/18/2012 4:42:17 PM

MODMODMOD
So there's this guy who I really like! We text and stuff, but I don't know if he likes me. The one big thing we have in common is the type of music we like, so we talk about that a lot. I'm just scared that if I tell him that I like him, and he doesn't share the same feelings, we won't be friends anymore, or talk anymore. What should I do?

Helen S.

by Blushing-Beauty on 5/18/2012 4:08:25 PM

MODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!! Ok so i told my crush today (through note) that i liked him... and when I saw him i thought it would be okward but when i said hey he said where's the love? and i think he tried to hug (and he hugs his close friends) me but instead i gave him a high five...So do you think he likes me or he hasn't read the note or has just accepted me as a friend (which i mentioned in the note to)Please de-code him! thanks!

Hey! I think he's accepting you as a friend, and maybe likes you a little too, but just didn't want to make a big declaration out of it. it's great that it's not awkward, so run with it, stay friends, and now that he knows maybe he'll ask you out soon Smile

Helen S.

by physicschick on 5/18/2012 3:33:30 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!
I have a crush on this guy in my english and computer class. He use to sit by me but doesn't anymore. He's done a few things but I don't know if he was just being nice or flirting, like he's told me he liked my hair, one time he walked by and poked my shoulder, and he's asked me to help him with a computer assignment even though he already had it right. I want to start talking to him, but i don't know how. He's super talkative and outgoing and I'm the complete opposite. I thought about about asking him if her needs help on the computer assignments since he has problems with that but the only problem is he sits next this one girl (They flirt a few times but you scan tell she's not that into him) and i don't know if it would be awkward. What can I do?
Thanks!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Hey! I think that sounds like a great way to start a conversation with him. Just remember if you think of him like one of your friends at first, it'll be way easier to talk to him. I hope you have a wonderful day too Smile

Helen S.

by misbubbles on 5/18/2012 3:30:50 PM

so you have a ton of junk lying around your house and nothing to do with it. Plus you want some new jewelry without spending a ton. What do you do? Join my club and find out how to turn ordinary stuff around your house into funky and creative stuff! The club is called DIY Green!

by kpianoplayer on 5/18/2012 3:22:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
There is this super cute really nice awmzing guy that i really like! We tell a lot of things i can trust him with my life. he is one of my best guy friends for sure! We sit next to each other in a lot of classes but the teacher ends up always moving us away from each other because we laugh so much together. The teacher had to finally tell him if he talked to me one more time he would get moved. One time he grabbed my pencil while i was writing and said this is a spicy hot pencil the kissed it! i told him to keep the pencil....he has used the same pencil ever since then. He also kissed my eraser which he also keptSmile we have a bunch of inside jokes thats just between us to. one time he even gave me a random hug and said i love you cuz i gave him a pencil. We walk to class together and even if we arent going to the same class we walk togther. Do think he is just being his goofy self or is he sending me signals and flirting with me? Thx!

Hey Gal!

That's great you feel so comfortable with him. It sounds like he is being goofy with you but also sending you some signals. Are YOU interested in him as more than a friend? Text him and ask about his plans for the weekend. Suggest seeing a movie. If he says yes, then you might be on the road to a relationship. If he seems unsure, he may just want to say friends. Either way, this is a good guy to have around.

Marisa D.

by HopeIsNotHopeless on 5/18/2012 3:18:45 PM

MOD MOD!!!
Ok so I live in Florida, and obviously it gets hot outside. Whenever I walk home from school I sweat so much that's its noticeable and really embarrassing!! And whats worse is that I sweat more on one side than the other. I've switched deodorants but I don't know if I'm using the right brand/kind for me.What can I do to reduce sweating so much and not having more sweat on one side than the other?

Hey Girl!

I feel ya-I sweat nonstop during the summer. You want to make sure your deodorant is an anti-persperant, which will help you stop sweating. Many deodorants only take care of the smell. If that doesn't help at all, talk to you 'rents about getting a prescription deodorant. It will be way stronger and should fix your problem.

Marisa D.