Bridget M.

is modding

34 MINUTES AGO 6 cute stocking stuffers for all your gal pals: http://t.co/a7uTfASA6g

1 HOURS AGO Whose holiday vid was better, @ArianaGrande's Santa Tell Me or @FifthHarmony's All I Want For Christmas? http://t.co/zTYoe8PNZP

2 HOURS AGO How should you show your Christmas spirit?! Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/OK7oR7U3tz

COMMENTS

Why hasn't your crush asked you out yet?

He’s mega flirty and he says he likes you, but hasn’t made a move. Here’s how to snag that sweetie…

Mod!!!
One of my friends who I haven't seen in forever, visited my house with his mom! My older sister was sitting right next to him, but he kept staring at me, and I looked at him and he waved, which for some reason made me smile HUGE. and throughout the entire day they stood at my house, and he was playing baseball, and he told them to go practice running, which made no sense, and he came and sat by me, an talked to me for like an hour and a half, until he finally had to leave. As he was in his car driving away, he turned around and looked directly at me, and waved goodbye. I waved back, then ran inside! My cousin told me he was flirting, but I had no idea!!! If I did, I would have gotten his number! My mom has his mom's number though...
What should I do???

Hey girl! He definitely was flirting, or at least trying to
get to know you! When you see him again, let him know you’re interested, by
asking for his number! Don’t let him make all the moves!

Melissa T.

by abbyrocks1998 on 7/9/2013 2:32:46 PM

MOD!!!! How do you get a guy's name without being obvious?? Me and my cuz need an answer soon!We are on vacation and saw two cute guys... we even played marco polo. But we dont know their nsmes!!Help!

Hey girls!  Ask their names! Next time you see them, tell them you had a great time hanging out and introduce yourselves, they'll probably do the same!  xoxo

Kate G.

by pet44 on 7/3/2012 1:25:15 AM

first of all, this is the story of my life. theres this boy who likes me and i like him too, but we are both very shy, and i need to make the first move. secondly, i dont think i should make the first move because my ex is moving away. he always said he was leaving, but he always came back. now i think he is because he says hes definitely leaving. im going to miss him since were such good friends, but i honestly don't know if i should believe him. i really want to move on to my new crush, but i dont think i can because im shy, and i can't let go of my ex. I REALLY WANT TO GET OVER MY EX SOOOOOOOO BAD

by sillybean on 6/18/2012 4:39:47 PM

I like a guy and he likes me.. He's gonna be a sophomore when im a freshman this year. He says we can't date until i get there. And we can date only if things go right. What do i do? i dont wanna wait to date him.

by XxRainbowEaterzxX on 6/13/2012 10:43:01 PM

MOD I like this guy and he knows I like him because I told him and he said he likes me too and his brother told me that his brother is too shy to ask me out so his brother told me that I should make the first move. What would be a first move? We hang out at the pool with our friends and talk on the phone a lot so what would a first move be?

Hey babe,

Why don't you try asking him to hang out one-on-one instead of with your friends? Ask him if he'd like to go bowling or play mini golf or go to the movies. Since you talk a lot it will be easy to just slip that into the conversation.
Kelly G.

by FigureSkater08 on 6/8/2012 3:36:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I really like this guy. he would flirt with me A LOT in school. i never saw him flirt with anyone else. i told my friend how he flirted and she said that he probably likes me because that's exactly what her bf did before they were dating. I don't know what to believe. he always gets really really close to me as if he's about to kiss me. do you think he might acually like me?

I think he might. What youve described so far sounds very flirty. So I say flirt back and see what happens! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by musicgeek on 6/2/2012 10:03:37 PM

Hey TGurl.99, aww don't be nervous. I'm sure he wants to chat with you in person too. And just think he's probably shy. When I get nervous before meeting a guy, I just remember that they like me too and there's nothing to be afraid of. You can do it girly! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD.!
I have this huge crush and we text alot.! But, I can't talk to him in person it is just to scary. School is out now and he went into high school. I am almost 13 and he turned 14 2 days ago. I really want to talk to him in person but I don't know when I will ever see him againFrown help. Lynae P.

by TGuRl.99 on 6/2/2012 8:26:04 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I wanna text this guy. Bur honestly I dont know how. I text him hi once every 1 or 2 weeks, but he never responds. We always flirt with each other, and we are close. He sometimes reponds to other people, but never to me. I feel like Im being annoying. Please Help :/

Hey babe,

Maybe text him an actual question or go right into a conversation, instead of just saying hi, how are you.  That's actually really hard to respond to, especially since the conversation tends to die right after that.
Jordan S.

by Kitkatgurl44 on 5/26/2012 5:47:28 PM

okay so,
i went on a school trip w/ my class and when we were there
MOD MOD MOD MODMOD MOD
i sarted messing around and pretending to "date" this one guy. i would hug him and stuff im only 11 but apparently we were getting "married" and we would joke and stuff about it. later though, when we got back to school and i kept doing it he actually once in a while hugged me back. but then he got flirty and ALL of his friends and mine, said he liked me and that we looked cute. and evrytime someone asked him if he liked mehe would just smile. to tell u the truth its actually kina creepy/cute. idk if i like him back. i think i might!!! what do i do?1!

Hey girl,

If you like him back then definitely go for it!  Flirt back and joke with him and show your interest and see if he makes a move.
Jordan S.

by glam on 5/21/2012 6:24:56 PM

Hey coldplay_girl, try to catch him whenever he's alone. If you see him walking by himself go up and talk to him. You could even try setting up times to hang with him. When you see him you could say stuff like "do you wanna eat lunch together today?" or "let's meet after school". You can flirt by complimenting him, joking around and asking him questions about girls and his interests. Hope this helps chica!! Xoxo

There's this guy I really like, and both of us are going on a trip with the Spanish club next weekend. We're friends and sit at the same table at lunch, but we don't hang out together a lot. I'm on friendly terms with most of his close friends, but I don't usually hang out with them unless it's in a big group that includes my friends or in class we have together. How can I spend some time with him when he's always surrounded by his friends, and how can I flirt with him without leaving my friends behind to hang out with his, which would be awkward and probably kind of obvious? Lynae P.

by coldplay_girl on 5/19/2012 1:59:53 PM

MODMODMOD
I have a small crush on this guy in my neighnorhood, we text often, but not all the time. I told him i was moving soon and he was sad. he asked me if i would ever see him again, and i said yes. then he said i was acting wierd. I knew i was because i had a crush on him. He asked if i liked him, and i dont think i responded. So, maybe hes flirting with me, or hes just wanting to know if im flirting with him. What should I do????
Thanks!

Hey girl,

He probably likes you, but doesn't want to do anything since you're moving. If you want to stay in touch while you're gone, you should tell him that so that you can exchange phone numbers or email addresses before you go.

Meghan D.

by tiffanyanna02 on 5/19/2012 11:53:54 AM

MOD MOD HELLO MOD MOD!
I have three guy sitches:
Guy 1:Smart guy that I told I liked him and we agreed to be friends. it's been six months and we have one week left in school and he still ignores me.
Guy 2:Athlete who has a bunch of girls on his arms and yet he says I'm better than the other girls. I dont want to wind up another one of his future toys.
Guy 3:He is Guy 1's friend and he always playfully messes with me and I respond back. I really like him and I think he was flirting, any advice?
Please and thanks
~<3

Hey girl,

If you agreed not to get involved with Guy 1, I wouldn't worry about him ignoring you and would just move on to other guys! As for Guy 2, if you want to give him a chance, don't let his reputation stop you! Reputations are based on rumors that are likely to be untrue, and if he's complimenting you, he might be a genuinely nice guy! But if you really like Guy 3, I think you have your answer, so if he flirts with you and you like him, flirt back! Since summer's coming soon, now is the perfect time to exchange phone numbers or even to tell him you like him. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by drama_mama12 on 5/19/2012 12:02:54 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
do you know any workouts that take away some fat from your calves? im a ballerina and ballerinas usually have big calves(compared to their thighs), but i don't like it and i get self conscious. its not that big of a deal but if i could make my calves smaller, that would be great!!!!! Smile

Hey girl,

If you're a dancer, you probably don't want your calves to get smaller, because you'll lose all of the awesome muscle you've built! Since you're a ballerina, here's a ballet-inspired workout that includes calf exercises! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/10/20/Get-en-pointe-with-a-ballet-inspired-workout.aspx

Meghan D.

by glamqueen on 5/18/2012 11:17:20 PM

MOD in the J/J issue of GL on page seven the editors tell what their summer must haves are and Brooke said it a sundress .. i really like the sundress in that picture can you tell me where to buy it??

Hey girl,

I actually haven't seen that issue yet, so I'm not sure where that specific dress is from, but check out our fashion channel for tons of other great dress recommendations!

Meghan D.

by Payton K on 5/18/2012 9:57:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
ok i'm 13 yrs old and there is this boy that i just can't get off of my mind! he's in my grade and i see him in the halls before and talked a little bit and i really want to get to know him more. i just don't know how to do it lol. the school year's almost over and i would like to hang out with him during the summer....i just have nooo idea how to ask him to hang out or like what we could do or anything! please help! oh and my BGF is one of his friends and he told me that he said i was cuteSmile

Hey girl,

If you're nervous about asking him out but have a guy friend in common, why not suggest that the three of you hang out together? That way, you can grow more comfortable around him but still have your friend there.

Meghan D.

by Alykat18 on 5/18/2012 9:57:46 PM

MOD on page 7 of the J/J issue of GL where the editors tell what their summer must have is BRooke says the perfect dress and i really like the dress they show in the picture can you tell me wheere to get it??? THANKS!!

Hey girl,

I actually have not seen that issue yet, so I'm not sure where that specific dress is from, but check out our fashion channel for tons of other fashion recommendations!

Meghan D.

by Payton K on 5/18/2012 9:40:11 PM

Mod mod mod
Okay, so I want to shave my legs but I don't want to ask my mom. Also, the other day I slow danced with this kid and realized I liked him and he said he really liked me. He asked me out and I said no. I realize that was a huge mistake but we never talk so how do I tell him I like him without everyone knowing. I would txt him but he broke his phone. I'm also afraid of people judging me on who I like. People keep saying he likes this other girl and I think so too. But does he still like me? How do I communicate with him?

Hey girl,

Check out this post on talking to your mom about shaving: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/05/27/shaving-talk-with-mom.aspx?cp=all. As for the boy, if you tell him you turned him down because you were nervous, he might understand and still want to go with you! But if you don't want everyone else to know that you like him, that might not be a good sign, because if you go out with him, people will find out! If someone is going to judge you based on who you like, just ignore them, because that's silly, and you are allowed to like whomever you want! And as for communicating with him, the best thing is to talk in person!

Meghan D.

by lolapuppys on 5/18/2012 9:25:21 PM

MODMOMOD in the J/J edition of GL there is a page (like 7 i think) where the editors tell what what their must have summer thing is and Brooke said the perfect sndress and thee picture IS the perfect dress i just dont know where to find it can you tell me Thanks!

Hey girl,

Meghan D.

by Payton K on 5/18/2012 9:20:44 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!
I'm in the 8th grade and my school is having a 7th/8th grade semi-formal dance in a couple of weeks. My crush asked me if i wanted to go with him, so obviously i said yes Laughing two things: 1)they normally play some slow songs at the dance, but i dont know how to dance...and 2)where can i find a really cute dress?

hey! 1) Just look around and do what other people are doing, as long as your comfortable and 2) try H&M, Delias, Urban Outfitters, Target, and Goodwill Smile

Helen S.

by harley6671 on 5/18/2012 8:32:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I need help! So my crush is one year older, he goes to my school. Problem is, hes going to high school very soon and I won't be going to the same high school! So I only have 15 more days with him including summer. Well, he really wants to hangout soon. I really want to hangout with him too but problem is, my mom wont let me do anything or go anywhere! So how can I hangout with him? PLEASE HELP!!!
thxx! xoxo

hey! maybe you guys could skype or im or text eachother?

Helen S.

by KatieBieber on 5/18/2012 6:51:41 PM

Mod Mod Mod...
Okay, so I show cattle and there is this guy that is 14 and I'm 13. I've liked him for 2 years now but I haven't told anyone. My mom and sister think I like him but I don't want them to think that. We are both really shy so we don't talk much and I'm kinda scared to talk to him. There are also a bunch of people that would make fun of me too if they knew I liked him. We don't have a lot of time at shows either because we are always working. He is also always hanging out with his older cousin that is going to be a senior in high school next year. I don't know how to talk to him since he is always with older people. I really like him but I also don't go to school with him so I only see him in the summer and only like 3 times a month. Any Advice? Thank You sooooo much!

Hey! It sounds to me like you really like this guy Smile congrats, it can be fun to have a crush. The best way to deal with this is to be his friend and see if something more happens naturally. I have seen so many girls get hurt and ruin friendships because they "had to know" if someone liked them, and they asked the guy about it and made the whole situation awkward. I even did that myself when I was younger. It's better to have a secret crush on your friend than to have a public crush on your ex-friend. good luck!

Helen S.

by Cowsrule11 on 5/18/2012 6:16:12 PM

So today these 2 guys (one's my kinda boyfriend who I don't have feelings for, but I enjoy hanging with him and I don't want to lose him as a friend and the other is this guy who I have a crush on, but is my BFF's brother) both asked me to the upcoming dance. My kinda BF asked me first, to which I declined saying I didn't know if my friends had dates and I didn't want to stand out. Soon after my BFF's bro whispers something to my kinda BF, then 10 min later he asks me. Here's the thing; I don't remember how I replied. I had to get somewhere and I think I nicely declined but IDK! Also, we hung out after school and my BFF brought up the formal and asked her bro if he had a date. I feel really guilty that I said no and I'm scared I'm gonna lose friends! Please help!

Hey! It sounds to me like you declined really politely, so if that guy gets mad at you he's being a jerk. As for not remembering what you said, just don't bring it up and if you said yes, he will eventually have to bring it up again if you don't.

Helen S.

by emmyie11 on 5/18/2012 6:09:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD i constantly compare myself to other girls, especially celebrities. There are these group of female singers that i really want to look like, and i fight against my looks so i can look more like them (for example, i wear more eyeliner and i tweeze my eyebrows more). the problem is that it always hurts me that i'm not as skinny or tall or as pretty as them, even though my family says i am. should i believe my family?

hey! You absolutely should believe your family. The truth is, you aren't any of those singers, you're you. They have tons of problems and issues that are directly related to how they look. For example, a lot of their career depends on them looking a certain way, and that kind of pressure is exhausting. People and the media are constantly treating them as if they have nothing else to offer besides their looks. Even if the articles say differently, the objectifying photo shoots for magazines are selling an image, not a person. I'm not saying celebrities have terrible lives, I'm saying they have different lives, and I don't always envy them for that. You don't have a team of stylists making you look perfect every day, and what makes you beautiful is your ability to love yourself. You are perfect just the way you are Smile

Helen S.

by PuppyCT on 5/18/2012 5:06:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
There's this guy I sit next to in homeroom and one of my other classes. We are not in the same social circles at all and don't really talk. Recently, like the past week and a half it's like he all of a sudden noticed me. He started casually talking to me. Today he gave me like 2 fist bumps and a high five. I don't know if he's flirting with me or just being nice. I don't want to be a fool and flirt with him if he doesn't like me. He broke up with his girlfriend about 2 months ago and is single. We only have a few days left of school before summer when I might only see him a couple times a month. What should I do????
Thanks so much and sorry for this being long!

hey! no problem this isn't long at all. It sounds to me like you really like this guy Smile congrats, it can be fun to have a crush. The best way to deal with this is to be his friend and see if something more happens naturally. I have seen so many girls get hurt and ruin friendships because they "had to know" if someone liked them, and they asked the guy about it and made the whole situation awkward. I even did that myself when I was younger. It's better to have a secret crush on your friend than to have a public crush on your ex-friend. good luck!

Helen S.

by sweetheart118 on 5/18/2012 4:42:17 PM

MODMODMOD
So there's this guy who I really like! We text and stuff, but I don't know if he likes me. The one big thing we have in common is the type of music we like, so we talk about that a lot. I'm just scared that if I tell him that I like him, and he doesn't share the same feelings, we won't be friends anymore, or talk anymore. What should I do?

Helen S.

by Blushing-Beauty on 5/18/2012 4:08:25 PM

MODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!! Ok so i told my crush today (through note) that i liked him... and when I saw him i thought it would be okward but when i said hey he said where's the love? and i think he tried to hug (and he hugs his close friends) me but instead i gave him a high five...So do you think he likes me or he hasn't read the note or has just accepted me as a friend (which i mentioned in the note to)Please de-code him! thanks!

Hey! I think he's accepting you as a friend, and maybe likes you a little too, but just didn't want to make a big declaration out of it. it's great that it's not awkward, so run with it, stay friends, and now that he knows maybe he'll ask you out soon Smile

Helen S.

by physicschick on 5/18/2012 3:33:30 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!
I have a crush on this guy in my english and computer class. He use to sit by me but doesn't anymore. He's done a few things but I don't know if he was just being nice or flirting, like he's told me he liked my hair, one time he walked by and poked my shoulder, and he's asked me to help him with a computer assignment even though he already had it right. I want to start talking to him, but i don't know how. He's super talkative and outgoing and I'm the complete opposite. I thought about about asking him if her needs help on the computer assignments since he has problems with that but the only problem is he sits next this one girl (They flirt a few times but you scan tell she's not that into him) and i don't know if it would be awkward. What can I do?
Thanks!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Hey! I think that sounds like a great way to start a conversation with him. Just remember if you think of him like one of your friends at first, it'll be way easier to talk to him. I hope you have a wonderful day too Smile

Helen S.

by misbubbles on 5/18/2012 3:30:50 PM

so you have a ton of junk lying around your house and nothing to do with it. Plus you want some new jewelry without spending a ton. What do you do? Join my club and find out how to turn ordinary stuff around your house into funky and creative stuff! The club is called DIY Green!

by kpianoplayer on 5/18/2012 3:22:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
There is this super cute really nice awmzing guy that i really like! We tell a lot of things i can trust him with my life. he is one of my best guy friends for sure! We sit next to each other in a lot of classes but the teacher ends up always moving us away from each other because we laugh so much together. The teacher had to finally tell him if he talked to me one more time he would get moved. One time he grabbed my pencil while i was writing and said this is a spicy hot pencil the kissed it! i told him to keep the pencil....he has used the same pencil ever since then. He also kissed my eraser which he also keptSmile we have a bunch of inside jokes thats just between us to. one time he even gave me a random hug and said i love you cuz i gave him a pencil. We walk to class together and even if we arent going to the same class we walk togther. Do think he is just being his goofy self or is he sending me signals and flirting with me? Thx!

Hey Gal!

That's great you feel so comfortable with him. It sounds like he is being goofy with you but also sending you some signals. Are YOU interested in him as more than a friend? Text him and ask about his plans for the weekend. Suggest seeing a movie. If he says yes, then you might be on the road to a relationship. If he seems unsure, he may just want to say friends. Either way, this is a good guy to have around.

Marisa D.

by HopeIsNotHopeless on 5/18/2012 3:18:45 PM

MOD MOD!!!
Ok so I live in Florida, and obviously it gets hot outside. Whenever I walk home from school I sweat so much that's its noticeable and really embarrassing!! And whats worse is that I sweat more on one side than the other. I've switched deodorants but I don't know if I'm using the right brand/kind for me.What can I do to reduce sweating so much and not having more sweat on one side than the other?

Hey Girl!

I feel ya-I sweat nonstop during the summer. You want to make sure your deodorant is an anti-persperant, which will help you stop sweating. Many deodorants only take care of the smell. If that doesn't help at all, talk to you 'rents about getting a prescription deodorant. It will be way stronger and should fix your problem.

Marisa D.

by candygirl16 on 5/18/2012 3:10:06 PM

Yesterday was my school picnic at an amusement park.. I met up with guys I went to elementary school with (now I'm in 7th grade and at different middle schools in the district than the guys) With them was a guy who seemed really cool. I didn't know him so it was awkward. I got paired up with him to ride a roller coaster and we weren't on the same cart as our friends. Our friends and other people he knew were making hearts around us and stuff like that just making it more awkward. But he seemed really nice and all. That night when I got home, his friend (who I went to elm school with) messaged me on Facebook giving me his number and telling me to text him. He was begging me so I told him he could just give him my number. This morning his friend called me on his phone saying he thought I seemed cool and that he liked me. The whole time in the background I could hear the guy yelling at him but never denying it. I want to get to know him better without awkwardness. Any ideas?

Hey Girl!

First, I'm way jealous you get to have a school picnic at an amusement park! That sounds awesome. And you got to meet a guy, too! I'm sorry your friends have made the situation awkward, but you can make the best of it. It sounds like he is going to be texting you pretty soon, so get ready. Try to get to know him and remind your friends it's your business, not theirs. If you think you're starting to like him, ask him to see a movie, just you two. You'll feel much more relaxed without having your friends gawk at you. You could have a summer fling in no time!

Marisa D.

by Scooby239 on 5/18/2012 2:27:39 PM

Do you like rock and roll? Any type-from the 70's to now? If so, then join my club, rock music that rocks...we will talk about anything, but especially rock music! you can apply for any position.

by rockchik333 on 5/18/2012 6:39:32 AM