26 MINUTES AGO Looking for your next thriller? Enter to win a copy of Undertow by @SharkProse: http://t.co/FHGFzSDntG

31 MINUTES AGO ✨Wishing all of you lovely GLgirls a very Happy Thanksgiving… now brb while I go smash this turkey like http://t.co/ST2zE75Utb

AN HOUR AGO Which celeb should be at your Thanksgiving table? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/SOWYDAC76v

COMMENTS

Do parents know best when it comes to guys?

Or are they just not giving him a chance?

MOD MOD
just wondering...is it okay to date one of your "friends" ex's if your "friend" is the one that broke up with him...(for cheating)? also know that me and this girl used to be really good friends until she said mean things about me behind my back, so we dont hangout anymore. but in school shes still in my group of friends and some of my friends in the group are friends with her...so i would hate to date this guy and they all turn against me because ex's are off limits.

Hey girl! Typically, friend's exs are considered off-limits.  Maybe talk to this girl privately and ask if she would not be happy with you dating this boy.  You definitely want to keep your friends around, so I'd would think some more before deciding to do anything. Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by polkadot1011 on 7/19/2012 1:59:06 AM

mod mod mod!
im 14, and i dont live in america. although im america, i live in uzbekistan. having a crush on a guy here is a lot...well....more different, since all my friends r from different countries at some point, either they leave the country for good, or i do, which i will either in a year or 4. idk, but when it comes to having a crush on a guy, i have and i do currently have..with school, and the situation of the possiblity that i could or 'he' could leave the country anytime (because of choice, or visa issues) is it worth it? i mean yeah i believe in long-distance-relationships and i think i could do something like that..but im only 14 (going on 15 in fall) and plus starting 9th grade this fall i rlly want to focus on studies. Will a guy distract me too much from that?? i just dont want to go through more heartbreaks or go down in my grades just cuz i have a crush on a guy or date a guy who could leave the county just as sudden as i could... thx^_^ xoxo - mic

hey! Here's my advice: dating and having crushes is an important part of growing up, so i don't necessarily think you should avoid thinking about boys, but I also think you don't have to put too much emphasis on them. A lot of girls get bogged down very young by having serious relationships too soon, and it limits their dating perspective. I wish I had gone on more dates in high school instead of just hanging out with one guy. Don't bother with long distance stuff, just play the field for a while, and you'll be able to focus more on your studies that way too Smile

Helen S.

by uzbekistan on 6/18/2012 7:24:15 PM

MOD!!!!
I've been sad a lot lately. Before me and my boyfriend used to hug and hold hands everyday. Ever since Spring Break everything,it just stopped. I can't talk to him alone because it's like wherever I go my friends go. And I don't want to make the first move, just because I shouldn't have to. I really, really love this boy and don't want to break up with him. Help me! I'm so confused on what to do.

Hey! I think you should swallow your pride and hold his hand. If you really love him, it shouldn't matter whether he initiates or you do. if the problem persists, ask him about it. Being direct is the best way to solve this kind of problem Smile

Helen S.

by bayleesaysrawr on 6/4/2012 6:54:20 PM

Mod
I am dating this incredible guy. All my friends love him and so do my parents. Everybody is so supportive of our relationship except my brothers. Whenever he is over they do everything they can to avoid talking to him and when anybody brings him up around them the say how they don't want him to come over anymore and that's hurtful to me thinking I am making my little brothers uncomfortable by bringing him over. Why might they not like him and how can I make it better?

Hey girl!

You're a great sister for being concerned about your little brothers' opinions. Seems like they are probably just a little uncomfortable with the fact that you have a boyfriend. Maybe they're still at that stage in their life where boys and girls think the other has cooties! (So silly!) Or maybe they're feeling a little left out that you've been spending a lot of time with a new guy. When your boyfriend isn't around, make sure you're spending quality time with your brothers to show them you care about them. And when your boyfriend does come over, try to include your brothers in an activity you're doing. That will probably help them warm up to your boyfriend. Good luck!
Rachael A.

by immarunner1881 on 5/28/2012 2:34:59 AM

Hey kathapple17, let your parents know he is just a friend and nothing more. When you see him tell him you'd like to keep in contact with him over the summer and wanted his number. I'm sure he'll be glad to give it to you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!
ok so im realy good friends with this guy and i luv talking to him. the thing is once school is overwith for the weekend i never realy get to talk to him. this is because one, i dont hav his # and two, my parents wont let me have his # anyways. so how do i get his # without sounding werid or somthing and how in the world do i get my parents to let me keep his # on my phone?! please help! Lynae P.

by kathapple17 on 5/26/2012 3:54:05 PM

Modmodmodmod!!!!! Ok so just a few months ago I met this amazing guy and a few weeks ago he asked me out and I really liked him and I already know him really well and he is everything that I want. But my mom and dad won't let me date until im 16 and I am almost 14 so they won't let me go on a date but they let me call him my bf but they won't le me go on a date or anywhere with him other than youth group and church which I was going to before. Last week before youth group me him and two other friends went to the gas station across the street and he kissed me. It was just a really small quick one but if our parents found out they would freak. What do I say if they ask? They said I cant do that.

by Gemstoneonyx on 5/26/2012 3:45:47 PM

For eighth hour in science we're working on projects with laptops, so we get to sit where ever we want. My bff always sits by me and she always insists her ex sits with us too. But one of her exes friends is my crush and he sits by us too. One time when her ex ditched him he sat by us even though his friend wasn't there. He always talks to me out of class when im by him. Does he like me? How do I flirt with him without being too obvious?

by spiece2 on 5/25/2012 6:26:03 PM

MOD!!!
I get nervous around my bf and he noticed it too. He keeps asking me if I am okay and I respond yeah. He is my first bf and I want to be able to talk with him. How can I calm my nerves and get to know him better? (likes, dislikes, etc.) Thanks!

hey! Think about how you act around your friends and try channeling that with him. Forget worrying about saying the wrong thing and just focus on being yourself around him. If you show him your personality, he'll be more open with his Smile

Helen S.

by Bridgge2010 on 5/25/2012 4:53:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So this guy finally made a move on the last day of school. I've been waiting all year, so of course I said yes. Now it's break and I don't have to opportunity to see him everyday. I'm not allowed to text him after 9, which I can deal with. It makes sense. But my mom says that I shouldn't text him at all, that I should call him. And both my parents are wanting to read through my messages and it's not like I'm doing anything bad, it's just that some of it I'd like to keep private, you know? Also, I doubt that I'll ever be able to actually go out with him, even if there was to be parents breathing down our backs the whole time. This is my first relationship, but I want my parents to give me some freedom, and trust me to be smart and make good decisions. How can I get them to do that?
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Hey Girl!

Sometimes letting go is hard for parents so the best thing to do is show them how mature and responsible you are. That could mean doing chores around your house without your parents asking--anything to show them that you are growing up, which should include a bit more freedom. Also if you think something is super unfair (like parents monitoring your date) trying reasoning with them. If you sit them down and let them know how you're feeling they're more likely to listen to you!

SarahO.

by BieberFever23 on 5/24/2012 6:56:31 AM

Mod Mod Mod
So... I haven't had a boyfriend since last July. I think I'm pretty, nice, and outgoing. Why don't any boys like me? The only boys that actually do like me are really creepy (if you know what I mean.) And I would like a nice guy to like me. How do I get a boyfriend? It's been really bringing me down the last few months and I need help.

I am a true believer in the the motto " the best thing comes to those who wait." Stop looking for a boyfriend and the right boy will come into your life unexpectedly! Also you do not need a  boy to make you happy. My mom always tells me life is like ice cream and a boyfriend is like the cheery on top of the ice cream, you do not need the cherry to have amazing ice cream! You sound like a wonderful person and i'm sure there are plenty of  people who love you! Start focusing more on the people around you who love you and the rest will fall into place, i promise! Good Luck! xoxo Kerra
Kerra S.

by Kaleidoscope_eyes on 5/24/2012 12:29:40 AM

So these girls at school hate me and I don't know why...well I don't know if she likes my crush too and that she told her friends to 'destroy her!' or something.
Because I was pretty sure my crush liked me too and then he started walking this girl to school and once she was sitting with her friends and he came to sit next to her and when he wasn't looking she gave me an evil smile! :/ But me and my crush haven't even talked since long ago so why would she consider me as competition? Also my crush was waiting for his teaher and he flashed me a smile?? he's so confusing????
What do I do??
Thanks!!!

Hey Girly!

I'm sorry those girls at your school haven't been very nice. Boys can make us crazy! It's neither yours nor her fault that you both like the same guy. She definitely doesn't have any claim over him. You can keep talking to him (especially if he flashed you a smile!), but if he continues to give you mixed signals, forget about him. He's definitely not worth you fighting over.

Marisa D.

by imblonde5678 on 5/21/2012 9:32:35 AM

Mod Mod Mod...
Okay so I really like this guy that I show cattle with. At one of our shows we stay the night at the barn. My sister is a junior and she has a group af friends that she hangs out with all night, but I'm 13 so I'm a little young since they are all juniors and seniors in hight school. I kinda want to be in their group but my sister isn't going to really be with them this year because she's mad at them. I want to have my own group kinda but there are only 5 people that are around 13 or 14 or so and one of them is the guy I like. Any Advice? Thanks!!!

Hey Girl!

A sleepover at the barn? That sounds pretty cool. I would stay with people your own age, especially because that's the group your crush is in. Ask him if he's excited to spend the night. This is a great chance to get to know him better. Plan some fun activities for the event-bring some scary stories, a cool book, and whatever else you can think of. Have a blast!!

Marisa D.

by Cowsrule11 on 5/21/2012 8:45:15 AM

hey girlies!!! please join my club,The Agency!!!!
For all you Middle School chicas who need advice on boys, beauty, friends, fitness or just some peeps to help you keep your cool during tough times. Along with the newest trends and gossip, you'll be hot stuff!

by ostar21 on 5/20/2012 5:24:44 PM

MOD can you give me a link to a workout that will tone my body for bikini season

Hey girl,

Here is a post with 15 ways to tone up by swimsuit season! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/05/14/13-ways-to-tone-up-this-summer.aspx

Meghan D.

by Payton K on 5/20/2012 12:35:23 PM

mod mod mod mod mod
Um it has recently come to notice that i really like my frenemy. And i really don't know how to come to terms with it. And plus my friend already asked him out in fact am the one who encouraged her and he said no. not only am i afraid of rejection but also hurting my friend's feelings. help please.

Hey girl,

If you're afraid of hurting your friend's feelings, you should probably talk to her before you make a move. Is it really worth sacrificing a friendship for a chance with a guy? If you want to ask him out, rejection is a possibility, but so is a chance at something great! There's no rush, though, so if you're not sure how he feels, keep hanging out as friends and see how he acts around you.

Meghan D.

by akaprincess on 5/20/2012 12:26:13 PM

If he dumped you, why would you want to get back together?

by curlygirl16 on 5/20/2012 10:37:13 AM

MOD MOD MOD I have never had a boyfriend before but on a school trip my friends and my crush were on a bus playing truth or dare and he told them he liked me. So they told him that I like him too and now he's going to ask me out but I don't know anything about having a boyfriend!

Hey girl,

Do you like him? If not, you should tell him the truth now to avoid hurting his feelings later! If you do like him, don't worry about knowing what to do. It will be fun, and all you have to do is hang out and spend time with the person you like! There's no right way to have a relationship, and I'm sure he's just as nervous as you are Smile

Meghan D.

by romanticbookworm13 on 5/20/2012 9:56:07 AM

I have that plaid shirt the girl is wearing 😄 I got it at Hollister

by thumperella14 on 5/20/2012 9:04:34 AM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATTENTION <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Do you love One direction? Is your greatest ambition in life to marry each and everyone of them? Than you are a directioner and therefore you should join my brand new club, One directioners unite! where we shall discuss our love for the band ^^ See you there!

by kayla9 on 5/20/2012 3:47:48 AM