3 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

4 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

5 HOURS AGO You've never had a crush...should you be worried: http://t.co/HCuRItau98

COMMENTS

Help! I'm the annoying friend

It’s really bugging my besties, but I don’t know how to change…

MOD, My best friends think I am bossy when i say something to them when they boss me around. Some times my teachers tell me to say certain things when she is out of the room. I need help on what I should do.

Hey girl! Try using a super friendly and understanging tone when you talk to your friend. For example, instead of telling your friend to do page 12 for homework, tell her that the teacher wants the class to do page 12 for homework. If she knows your intentions are to help, not to demand, she'll respond a lot better. Good luck!

Melissa T.

by bforsyth on 6/27/2013 1:56:46 PM

I feel your pain.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/20/2012 6:32:15 PM

sounds like me, execpt my friends just ignore me, it sucks!!!
by colorqueen101 on 5/20/2012 9:52:19 AM

hey colorqueen101! I totally understand what you are going through! That happened to me a few years back. The only thing you need to know is that you should just BE YOURSELF if your friends won't accept that, that's their problem. You don't need to be judged by them! If they won't accept you for who you are, it's time to find new friends! xxoo

by snoopyrocks on 7/24/2012 11:50:32 AM

um i wanna try to be the nice sweet normal one out of my whole friends so what should i do to be nicer and start fresh this school year

by nyneerox17 on 7/16/2012 9:12:33 PM

A lot of people are known for being anoying, bu anoying means more fun, more wild, theres always something, and in some cases your always there. I love having anoying friends, in some ways there the best kind, and even i can be anoying sometime. And if that doesnt help. Who cares what other people think? I know i know maybe your saing i do, i used to say that, but rethink it. Because in reality it only matters whats u think, are you proud of the person you are? If you are, then continue being that person. If your not, its summer, theres time to change a little, but no matte what, be yourself if people dont like u for you, then screw them there not worth it! And thats the honest truth.

by 1tennischik on 7/12/2012 11:51:51 PM

MOD,
I'm seriously bumming! It seems like every time I make a BFF they move away! In 2nd grade I made friends with a girl and she moved, in 5th grade I was BFFs with 3 girls and they all moved away! in 7th grade my BFFL ( Best Friend For Life) moved away too! And now my BFF is moving to a different school! I know I will still she her but it still isn't the same! My other friends are just that, friends. One is a flip-flopper who one second will be giving me her lunch and laughing at my jokes, and the next she is screaming and making fun of me! My other friend is only my friend when there is no one else around. And yet another friend is awesome except for the fact that she won't let me forget one thing that I did that I regret! I'm not sure what to do anymore!!! Frown I need help!

Hey girlie!  That is a bummer, I'm sorry that a lot of your friends have moved away Frown  Why don't you take the opportunity in the summer to try to make some new friends, because the friends you described don't sound that great!  You could go to camp, take a class, or try a new sport- all perfect ways to make new friends! Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by snoopyfan2015 on 6/28/2012 1:00:53 PM

This kind of creeped me out because the exact same thing is going on with me! I'm know for being the weird and annoying one out of my group of friends by some people and I'm also moving this summer! I'm glad I'll have a fresh start at my new school where no one will know except for my brother and one boy who just happens to be my parents friends son that's in 5th grade. MY advice to you and I? You can be perky and energetic but try now to be annoying and get on people's nerves. Good luck at your new school and wish me luck too!;D

by Smurfy Murphy on 6/23/2012 7:47:19 PM

hey! I think your friends should just except you, and your funky personallity b/c I have a funky peronallity, and my friends like it so if they dont like it deal with it. GO FUNKY PERSONALLITIES, WOO, THEY ROCK!

by Lexrox13 on 6/20/2012 9:25:46 PM

Hi! I can sooo relate to you b/c I also have like the weirdest personality. Sometimes I think I can annoy or weird my friends out too, but friends like you for who you are and they should exept you like that.

Also I have moved befor I was younger than you (prob) and I had a deep connection with my friends and where I lived. It does suck when you move at first but it eventually gets better, but you obviosly will miss your old house and friends. The first time I slept in my new house it was weird I got this acquweird feeling and a bad headache, (thats normal for me I get cronic head pain, not fun) but I knew I would eventually like it. When you go to school for the first time you might feel like the odd one out but it goes away and for sure you will make some new friends, but try and keep in contact with your old ones (it makes it easier).

by Lexrox13 on 6/20/2012 9:17:11 PM

MOD,
My bestfriend told me last week that i am very boring and i don't like to do anything fun. When she likes to be annoying, immature, and shes too hyper and crazy. Shes always making fights with her ex-bff and flirts with my crush. i am very calm, and mature, and i like to stay still, and it doesnt take much to please me. Am i boring??? Frown

Hey girl,

Are you sure this girl should be your best friend? It sounds like you're not that fond of her either. A lot of girls can be completely different from each other and still be great girl pals, but maybe your differences aren't really clicking. Try to hang out in a group next time and that way you've got a bunch of other chickies who might make your friend less overwhelming to deal with. Don't be afraid to branch out - while it can be a great combo to have a BFF who's totally diff, it can also be comforting to have a bestie who has a lot more in common!
Kelly G.

by lindseym3r5 on 6/1/2012 12:44:38 AM

I am like you too sort of. Everyone says I am so cute and that really gets annoyin. Plus there is this girl in my P. E class who is like the meanest person in the world. She always calls people bad words like B and F!!!! And when we were playing soccer she's like you could have made that goal. Then she tries making a goal like 3 times she always MISSES! What on earth is Wrong with that girl. She always acts like a tomboy and think shes all that because she hangs with boys that are older!!! -_-

by kymmy on 5/31/2012 7:42:41 PM

MODMODMOD!
I am loud ad and annoying but also very smart and mature. My bestie is also loud and annoying but is SUPER frustrating and is not very smart, gets obsessive about things and is barely "half full".
I don't want to be her friend anymore and I'm friends with a lot of people but she sort of made them all her friends and I don't really like them either anymore. There is one group of really girly girls that I want to hang out with but I'm afraid they wot like me because one of them hates me and spreads lots of rumors so of she spreads a rumor about me they might not want to hang with me. People say in pretty but I know 4 sure I'm fat. I'm 5"6 and 130 pounds but also muscular. I wear ok clothes but thy wear super girly clothes like super short shorts, strapless tops and sometimes high heels. (we are 12/13, aka grade 7). I wear skinny jeans, my shorts are mid thigh and my shorts are stylish but not like theirs. I wear keys and boots. Will they like me??????

Hey girl,

Don't stress out so much! True friends won't care about how you look, and you shouldn't want to make friends who are superficial or spread rumors. It's best if you spread yourself out and make friends in all kinds of groups - don't limit yourself to any one crowd. Just work on being yourself and friends will naturally flock to you!
Kelly G.

by RachelHeartsHarryPotter on 5/30/2012 2:51:14 AM

Ther isnthis girl who I really don't like she is always annoying and very mean to me . But she thinks she and I are bffs . For example when we were playing golly ball it was my turn to surve I hit it and it did not make itmover the net. She said nice going you should try getting it over the net. Then it was her turn and she missed to . So my real BFF told her she should take her own advisee and she called her a b**** . My friends and I are so tiers of it sent do we do

by Danceismylife123 on 5/26/2012 9:58:19 PM

MOD
hey, so I always feel like people hate me and it seems like they ignore me. They always seems to smile at me and the they stop smiling. And they seem to ignore me like exclude me from the circle. what is this?
And i seem unpopular...
also i look really ugly when I am in pictures. You can see my pores and some pimples and blackheads. My hair looks horrible how do you de-poof or defrizz hair?

Hey girl,

You are very likeable and awesome, and there are tons of people who love you! If they're excluding you, try finding some new friends who share your interests and want to spend time with you! if you're worried about pimples, talk to your parents about seeing a doctor or dermatologist, but it's normal to break out when you're young, so try washing your face with salycylic acid! As for de-frizzing hair, try using a flatiron or a serum. This article has some good frizz tips, and you can find tons more on our beauty channel! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/06/24/Combat-humidity-for-every-hair-type.aspx

Meghan D.

by coldplay12 on 5/25/2012 10:26:28 PM

MoD MOD MOD!!!!
I'm going to be going to New York from California this summer via airplane. I used to not be afraid of airplanes, but now, after hearing about all the terrorist and tragic accidents in airplanes (9/11 incident), I've been really scared to go on an airplane, but I don't wanna ruin our family's vacation. WHat should I do? THanks

Hey Girl!

I totally understand your fear of flying because I'm right with you! But there's nothing worry about! The reason security is so tight at airports is to make sure that passengers are safe. Also, planes are actually the safest form of transportation. There are a ton more car crashes a year, but that doesn't stop you from driving in cars! You'll be fine, and don't let your fear stop you from having a great vacation!

SarahO.

by Emilicious on 5/25/2012 2:52:17 AM

MODMODMODMOD
Okay, hi! I have a few questions.
1- I'm a vegetarian now, and really want to tslk to my parents to see if I can go vegan-or at least try it for parts of the summer. Do you have any ideas, and how to talk to them about it?
2- There's this kid in my class (High school), who's always going on about how "Weird, and ugly", he, and his friends think I am. They always do it when they think I'm not listening, but I always hear them, and their words really hurt. School's ending soon, but I've had to put up with this since middle school, and it's gotten really bad this school year. And, yeah I'm sorta nervous for next year. Is there any way I can get them to stop?
3- I love wearing knee socks with shorts-but I'm a fairly short person, and it makes my legs look sorta...well shorter. xD Is there anyway (Without wearing heels) I can try, and make my legs look longer while doing this?
Thanks so much, and sorry for the question overload!

Don't be sorry about the question overload, I will try my best to answer them all!

1) If you're already a vegetarian you are half way there to being a vegan. Do not feel like this is something you can't talk to your parents about. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a vegan therefore it is a light conversation you could have over dinner with your parents. Let them know why you want to become vegan (how healthy it is ect..). Perhaps you could convince them to try being vegans with you for the summer?

2) Stand up for yourself Smile No one has the right to call you anything you don't want them to. Have you tried confronting this boy? You know what they always say about boys picking on girls they actually like! Perhaps this is his way of showing his feelings for you! It sounds like it is becoming a big problem though. If you feel you can't confront him yourself go find a teacher you can trust or an older student! Do not feel like you have to be by yourself in this!

3) we are all born with different body shapes. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this! Try looking in different fashion magazines for outfit ideas that help make your legs look longer!

I hope I was able to help. Keep your head up and keep smiling. A person who smiles is a beautiful person! Good Luck! xoxo Kerra
Kerra S.

by MidnightMockingbird on 5/23/2012 11:36:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
These two girls who live on my street bully me all the time.All they do is torment me and try to make my life miserable.At one point I would come home crying everyday.These girls once destroyed a fort that me and a couple of my friends made.They've sweared at me and just made me feel like I'm worthless.It's gotten much worse over the years and I just think that I want to leave or just have something happen to me.I think I may have been suffering from depressoin at one time.This isn't the first time I've been bullied like the sixth and I'm only 11 1/2. I've told my mom about all of this but nothing ever happens about it.Please help me!I just don't know what to do anymore!

Hey girl, I'm so sorry to hear that! That's terrible! I think next time you should tell a parent and point these girls out so your parents know and can talk to their parents or can witness them being mean and call them out on it. Make sure they do something! Don't let them get to you, because you know YOU are better than them! If you are feeling depressed I think you should talk to your school's counselor to discuss your feelings, it will help a lot!

lauren r.

by Rilu on 5/23/2012 7:20:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm gonna be a freshman next year, and I'm kind of scared. I feel like I'm gonna seem like a loser. I'm really weird, really smart, and kinda have a lot of weird friends. I guess I'm kinda pretty, but I also haven't had my first kiss. I want to change my image completely, but I'm afraid I'm stuck being a weirdo who has never had a boyfriend. What do I do??

Hey girl, don't be worried! It's a great experience. It takes a little getting used to, but over all you will love it. Let me tell you straight off, the weirdest people get the furthest in life because they are original, creative people. Don't change who you are just to fit in, its the worst thing you can do. Do the things you want to do, follow your own passions. You will meet people with the same likes and have a great time hanging out with them. I'm a weirdo too, and I didn't have my first real boyfriend until college. It's nothing to be ashamed of. You have your whole life ahead of you. Take chances, have fun and meet new people. You'll find someone just like you! Trust me.

lauren r.

by heyygurly321 on 5/23/2012 6:16:21 PM

MOD!!! Thanks a bunch Smile

Hey girl, I think the best thing for your to do is wait it out. Some people just go through phases where they "act out" which is definitely possible. But if you keep getting a feeling that it's possible maybe talk to her about it. Tell her the way she acts out like that makes you feel uncomfortable but you love her just the same.
lauren r.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 5/23/2012 5:55:37 PM

I have a really- and I mean REALLY- painful headache. Paracetemol isn't doing a darn thing. How can I get rid of it? Thanks.

Hey girl!

Sounds like you're dealing with some pretty serious pain! No girl should have to deal with that. Sounds like you need a doctor's opinion. Ask a parent or trusted adult about making a doctor's appointment and getting rid of this awful pain once and for all!
Rachael A.

by catluverforlife on 5/23/2012 2:28:37 PM

How to kick the habit: Avoid caffeine, reduce sugar, reduce the because I'm so awesome talk and this should tone it all down.

by rainyseattlegirl on 5/23/2012 11:39:12 AM

I'm like that too. But, my friends like me being random and Energizer-bunnyish, but I don't. I'm trying to work on toning it down over the summer.

by PaintedDestiny on 5/22/2012 7:42:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok there is this guy I really like but here is the problem...1- I don't know how to talk to him. Well I do but I don't really know WHAT to talk about!!!
2- People say that opposites well we are total opposites.
is it possible that we could be bf and gf????
Please help!!!

Hey Girly!

Eek-we've all been there. The good news is that you can talk about almost anything. Talk about school, your friends, your favorite sports. Does he have any siblings? Who is his favorite singer? You can start a conversation with almost anything. Hmm..is it possible for you to be bf/gf? You'll know after you start talking more.

Marisa D.

by ceceandrocky20 on 5/21/2012 10:11:57 AM

sames! but for some odd reason it just gets me friends. charisma maybe, but be your self and know when to quit

p.s. the "a" button is broken so this took some copying and pasting

by LAUR700 on 5/21/2012 7:33:35 AM

I have only have 2 friends and one is younger than me and practically copies everything I do. I've told her to stop but she doesn't get it. Anything and everything I buy she has to buy, but she does not even have to blink an eye to get it, everything is handed to her. And then she acts like she worked so hard to get it but she doesn't! Then my other friend rarely wants to hang out with me she chooses to hang out with the other girls in school and not me. Then she brags about everything she does with them and then never invites me to hang out with them. She also makes fun of my clothes and asked why I don't buy my clothes in the mall, and that I should not buy my clothes in target and ect. The truth is I would just rather spend my money on something else, and not spend all of it. But she does not understand that. Anything I say to her she always has a better answer for what she has or what she did. What should I do not have any friends or just excuse the issues?

Hey Girl!

You should have a talk with both of your friends. Tell the younger one you don't like when she copies everything you do. Try going shopping with her and pointing out things you think she might like. It will help her develop her own sense of style. Remember, although it's annoying she is copying you, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Your other friend isn't being very nice. Tell her it hurts your feelings that she never invites you to hang out and when she makes fun of your clothes. She might not have realized her words had upset you.

Marisa D.

by Makeupandfashionlover123 on 5/21/2012 6:15:25 AM

Same My best freinds say that is mean when the guys laugh and my guy friends ignore me and dont look at me to pretend they dont know me when by BFF's laugh!!!!!!!!
sometimes they BOTH ignore me!
so annoying to them cuz im awesome!!

by smilygirl008 on 5/20/2012 8:27:41 PM

hey girlies!!! please join my club,The Agency!!!!
For all you Middle School chicas who need advice on boys, beauty, friends, fitness or just some peeps to help you keep your cool during tough times. Along with the newest trends and gossip, you'll be hot stuff!

by ostar21 on 5/20/2012 5:24:20 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod
first i would like to write that the girl's story up there is the story of my life! which brings me to the fact that people keep trying to change me. i hate it a lot. For instance am a messy person. My teachers complain and so does my mother. it's not really bugging anyone but me. what should i do. i can't help who i am, or can i?

Hey girl,

If teachers and parents are telling you to be less messy, they aren't changing your personality, or who you are. They're trying to help you break a bad habit so you will be more organized in later life! You can definitely be neater if you try, so set goals for yourself of parts of your room, locker etc. to clean.

Meghan D.

by akaprincess on 5/20/2012 12:30:40 PM

MOD~MOD~MOD!!
Ok so my boyfriend wants to makeout, and we've been dating for a while and i want to. I'm just not sure how you make out and i dont wanna ask him because thats awkward.

Hey girl,

It is different for everyone and can be scary the first time, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine. I'm sure your bf is as nervous as you are!

Meghan D.

by Celtics_Ball on 5/20/2012 9:59:19 AM

sounds like me, execpt my friends just ignore me, it sucks!!!

by colorqueen101 on 5/20/2012 9:52:19 AM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATTENTION <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Do you love One direction? Is your greatest ambition in life to marry each and everyone of them? Than you are a directioner and therefore you should join my brand new club, One directioners unite! where we shall discuss our love for the band ^^ See you there!

by kayla9 on 5/20/2012 3:48:20 AM