10 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

13 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

14 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

Teens in tanning beds: Yay or nay?

New York is currently considering a law that would ban minors from using tanning beds. Are you in favor?

Mod,md,mod,mod. MOD. Mod.
Hello! So I have a sort of dilemma. In about 75 days,school will start again. And I have to buy uniforms. So,now I'm like a size,13 or 11. I need to loose 15 pounds and drop like,a couple of sizes. My goal is maybe a 9? Or even a 7. Is this reasonable??? And I don't want to build more muscle in my thighs because from a side view they're already round from the muscle. I just need to drop to the size I said so it'll be easier to find uniforms!!!! I'm NOT gonna be 13 and in a woman's size. I refuse. But I have no clue what exercises to do. I'm planning on riding my bike and I'm cutting down on portion sizes. But,I don't want to gain bulky muscle and make it worse. I need something that like,would get me legs and stuff like,Sarah Hyland. Can you PLEASE help me go back to the size I originally used to fit in. And sorry this is long. But,I REALLY need help.

Hey girl!

You're definitely right about exercising and eating right; just make sure you stay healthy! Check out this part of the website for some helpful workout tips: http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx. Also no matter how much you workout, you may never look like the celebrity you want to. Every girl is built differently, but remember that all shapes and sizes are beautiful!

SarahO.

by sweetautumnsunshine on 5/22/2012 11:06:53 AM

Totally NAY all the way!!! people don't realize how bad it really is for you, and if a guy judges you on how dark your skin is, he's really not worth it. besides, people in France and some other European countries think that going all natural, pale or tan, is really the best. why can't people in America realize this too!!!!

by fallsb-ball on 5/21/2012 7:47:05 PM

@ Nikichic okay so you think ppl should tan so they can get cancer and die because the world is overpopulated...wow okay no offense girly but that's so dumb it's not even funny.

by Princess Keziyah on 5/21/2012 7:03:45 PM

@kirby<3
I tan alllllll year round what i do is that i put on sunscreen and do outside activities on sunny days like riding a bike,taking the dog on a walk,tossing a beach ball around with your besties, or even falling asleep outside! Remember to wear shorts,tank top, and some shades to have fun in the sun. Hope i helped! Xoxo

by YayaYuiki on 5/21/2012 6:22:00 PM

Mod Mod Mod I haven't had my period in a while!!! I have had it for about three years now. It usually pretty regular and my mom is starting to get worried. She said she is going to take me to the doctor and I am really scared! Could this be serious?

Hey babe,

Your flow won't be regular until years into your period.  It's probably nothing to worry about but it is a good idea for your mom to have it checked out.
Jordan S.

by 15hayhay on 5/21/2012 6:16:28 PM

oh god i will never in my life and i havent its bad my aunt almost died from using one so dont do it

by mlshay on 5/21/2012 4:36:16 PM

I am 12 and i am as white as a ghost. and i don not tan. like at all. i would love to get a tan but naturally. does anybody have any tips on how i can get tan naturally?

by kirby<3 on 5/21/2012 3:46:22 PM

This is great!!! The fact is that teens will hate it now, but they will thank the law makers in 15 years, when their skin isn't wrinkled, blotchy, and cancerous because of these horrible beds.

by zwinky on 5/21/2012 1:14:38 PM

I Definately think teens tanning is stupid and only destroying their bodies and tanning regularly pretty much guarantees cancer! I think all states should have a rule like that! If girls are worried that guys won't like them for that, everyone will be like that! Though with a law like this, I think there should be that with proof of a prom coming up, people can tan a few times just for prom, because almost ALL people use tanning beds just for prom.

by Scooby239 on 5/21/2012 11:25:32 AM

I HATE tanning beds, and I will never use one in my entire life, no matter what. Natural sun tan just looks.... more natural. Anybody could tell if you were pale one day and the next you walked out a tanning salon with a beach bum look. Plus, if you even need more persuasion, you have to pay to use a tanning bed, while a couple hours laying in the sun is free. Tanning bed also send out Ultra Violet rays that can give you cancer and damage ti your body. Just look up 'addictive tanning woman' on Google and you'll find some really gross pictures and articles about a woman who tanned WAY too much.

...need I say more?