1 HOURS AGO How to spot a true frenemy: http://t.co/apoJQwHCkS pic.twitter.com/e4J3WWZrVI

2 HOURS AGO #Exclusive: Watch @MaddieandTae rock an acoustic performance of #YourSideOfTown here: http://t.co/Z9kdlvCPd2 pic.twitter.com/U1V6uQrp0u

2 HOURS AGO So you went on a date last night...is today too soon to text? Find out here: http://t.co/GZP5peFuXo pic.twitter.com/Z5uWF2PDbe

COMMENTS

Teens in tanning beds: Yay or nay?

New York is currently considering a law that would ban minors from using tanning beds. Are you in favor?

i hate laws like this. There is a point when the government needs to back off and let parents make these desicions. I go to a tanning bed, me and my mom both know the risks and she signed for me. tanning is MY personal choice.

by Tokyogirl98 on 5/20/2012 6:44:43 PM

I think this law is a good idea. Although I'm kind of skeptical as to how much good it will do because if kids really want to tan, they can always just lay out in the sun. I don't use tanning beds and I never will.

by supersingershannon on 5/20/2012 6:01:46 PM

Yes, I agree that they should be banned. They are very unsafe and unhealthy.

by LovePeaceHope on 5/20/2012 5:28:06 PM

total nay!! people get cancer and die from doing those.... people might feel beautiful after going to a tanning bed but it is dangerous and can kill you!!! dont do it! i dont mean to be a fuddy-duddy but its true!

hey girlies!!! please join my club,The Agency!!!!
For all you Middle School chicas who need advice on boys, beauty, friends, fitness or just some peeps to help you keep your cool during tough times. Along with the newest trends and gossip, you'll be hot stuff!

by ostar21 on 5/20/2012 5:26:57 PM

I dont think tanning beds are good but banning them for some people seems kind of harsh. It just seems weird where they would ban that but then still let you get birth control without requiring parental consent even if you are 12.

And that lady who was arrested for letting her 6 yo go with her was just plain scary looking.

by luckykel on 5/20/2012 12:56:58 PM

Nay!If you want to have skin cancer fine go ahead.Not under 18 though.It's harmful and new studies show you can get addicted.The problem with parents having to give parental consent is that they don't know the risks or they did it as kids and nothing happened to them.In schools they have to beef up the skin cancer education in health classes so less kids have to deal with skin cancer

by Rilu on 5/20/2012 12:24:35 PM

I think that tanning beds in general are a BIG no-no. It's giving you the WORST rays the sun has to offer, and you never know the dose your getting NOR do you know how clean they are. I actually think tanning beds are WORSE then regular tanning. I also think beautiful, clear, pale skin is better than a cliche'd tan.

by XxUTookMahFonexX on 5/20/2012 11:40:23 AM

okay so first: Yes, it IS the parent's responsibility to keep their kids from tanning.
But maybe tanning beds are a good thing. The world is so incredibly overpopulated, and so many people are getting cancer from tanning beds, maybe these things could help keep the population down. so I say, let teens tan.

by Nikichic on 5/20/2012 2:58:54 AM

Ikd where I stand, I know some people like tanning, But it's their decision. They should just be sure they are aware of what can happen and permission from parents

by promqueen105 on 5/20/2012 12:53:04 AM

@trident7 Why would you do that to yourself?! Thats just gross! You're going to end up looking like a walking raisin, and trust me, a guy would rather have a pale girl than an orange one!

by katester on 5/20/2012 12:12:18 AM

A lack of vitamin C can get you down in the dumps. Try combating the blues with a sunny glass of OJ! Juicy mangos and delicious kiwis are also packed with vitamin C.

Fall is almost here! Cute clothes, pumpkins and cider, OH MY! What makes you most excited for the fun change of seasons?

A person should change their shampoo every six months because the hair will get used to it and does not get clean.

DIY alert: Stick out this season with stylish school supplies!

Show off your unique style this year with four too-cool-for-school DIYs from Duck Tape.

CLICK HERE to deck our your desk, luxe up your locker and more.