12 HOURS AGO #ThatAwkwardMoment when your bestie's ex tries to hit on you...Here's how to deal: http://t.co/cNRReCECR5

15 HOURS AGO Look cool as ice in Anna & Elsa's hottest hairstyles #Frozen: http://t.co/zkJh1LxAEF

16 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

COMMENTS

Teens in tanning beds: Yay or nay?

New York is currently considering a law that would ban minors from using tanning beds. Are you in favor?

Nay!!! These are super harmful!! They cause cancer and other skin problems! You will never find me in one. @sami_McDoodle, they are very bad for you!

by Supersid on 5/19/2012 9:25:56 AM

Nay! It's actually really bad for you, and if you see people who become addicted to tanningbeds, they look like they were dipped in a deepfryer. Why can't girls these days just enjoy their skin color or do a little natural sun tanning, or buy a self tanner?

by Blushing-Beauty on 5/19/2012 9:23:17 AM

Nay! Lots of my friends have recently started tanning, and I don't think they should! Society needs to teach girls that you are pretty when you have pale skin too! It's really terrible because if you start this young, who knows what's gonna happen in 15 years! I'm not gonna lie, my skin is naturally "tan" so there is really no need for me to tan, but I still use at home bronzed and lotion. There are so many bronzers out there, that you shouldn't need to go tanning for weeks just to get a small difference in skintone.

by Hutchfan97 on 5/19/2012 9:05:55 AM

NO, tanning beds can give skin cancer, and people will regret it when they are older. They should have to wait until they are 18 or older. If you don't tan naturally than maybe your not meant to be tanning. Just use a lotion.

by Starrgirl1 on 5/19/2012 8:41:17 AM

alright, i dont use tanning booths. my mom n dad would KILL me. like literally. if the harmful stuff and cancer doesnt kill me first. i have no interest in using a tanning booth, i think its bad. n that six year old....thats insane. even if the mok didnt let her daughter tan, she shouldnt have brought her anyway. get someone to watch her, seriously. i think they should have a law saying that people under 18 shouldn't be allowed. just be happy with ur skin. and if u sit in the sun for a while, ull get the same result. just remember sunscreen!!! ;)

by musikluvr17 on 5/19/2012 8:09:51 AM

Yay! I don't tan but I find it stupid that people tan but outing a law on tanning is a great idea but children 14-17 should have the parent with them to prevent fraud.

by twise8484 on 5/19/2012 7:24:54 AM

It's awful! Anyone foolish enough to tan is going to pay the price later on in life Frown Karmmmma! Fake it. . . use self-tanning lotions and sprays - it looks the same and is a million times better for your health.

by BBMarie on 5/19/2012 7:14:58 AM

Tanning is terrible. People think that if they aren't getting a sunburn that it does not hurt their skin. This is wrong. Anytime your skin has a color change it is harmful. That color is caused by your DNA being mutated. It only takes one bad mutation to cause cancer. I think this ban is a great idea because it is protecting minors from harm. Also, tanning beds are not safer than the sun. The sun is millions of miles away. The tanning bed is a few inches.

by infinitepineapples on 5/19/2012 2:26:30 AM

It's still not a safe way too tan. (NAY!!!!!!) Plus you age alot faster when you tan like that. BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by charlotte12sky4 on 5/19/2012 1:58:28 AM

Nay to tanning beds... it's so stupid. Why not just use tanning lotion? It's safe and works just as well. Those are scary statistics for cancer...

by musicluva246 on 5/19/2012 1:34:17 AM