7 HOURS AGO Real talk—my room was clean... then I needed a shirt: http://t.co/zfG1nfcONo

10 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

11 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

COMMENTS

My BFF prefers her summer camp bud to me

I feel betrayed. She won’t stop talking about this girl…

**MOD** **MOD** **MOD** I just recently moved to a new school. I don't know how to make new friends because I am really shy. Plus, I feel like nobody wants to talk to me; like I'm a bother. How do I overcome my shyness and make new friends?

Hey! try making it your goal to talk to at least one new person per day. bonus points for more. people are bound to warm up to you if you persist! I know you can do it!

Helen S.

by tigersfan40 on 8/27/2012 7:48:53 PM

Yes! And make sure to get your point across.

Hey this friend of yours
Made you betray me
Forget about her
Or I'll tell mommy

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/20/2012 6:18:35 PM

I'm in a similiar situation, except I made the new friend. I met her online, and I consider her my best friend. I get along with her way better than my school friends, and yes I talk about her to them. Does she act the same around you, except for mentioning her friend? If so, I don't see the problem.

by FatDancingPanda on 6/23/2012 3:08:15 PM

I think you should talk to your friend about this. It is prob a misunderstanding between you and your friend.

by Lexrox13 on 6/20/2012 8:07:37 PM

LafaDees
Just going into Middle School?
Don't know what's the trend?
Love is coming your way?
Friends pretending they're not?
You people need me I'm fun and very stylish and has had TONS of experience with friends. Middle School isn't a deal ITS A BIG ONE join now! :0 Smile Tong

by GeenieD on 6/14/2012 9:20:14 PM

I understand what your going through i have two best friends and sometimes they make me feel jealous by running off together and they always call each other before me like one time i was face timing one of my bff's and the other called her so she just hung up on me and didnt call back so i down i agree with carol

by mackandally on 6/14/2012 5:30:12 PM

my bff goes to camp with her other best friend but i dont see how it matters i have other friends too its not the end of the world maybe you should try making other friends.

by Miepster99 on 6/8/2012 1:32:20 PM

okay so i have a friend,lets call her penny, who is a decent friend to me but it always seems like im always trying to prove to her that im good enough, but when she is around her friends she seems to become the one reaching for the other girls approval. I wasnt invited to one of my friends birthday party, but penny was. Penny keeps messaging me on facebook rubbing it in my face. the day before i was joking and told penny on fb that the girl who didnt invite me hated me. the day of the party penny started messaging me, and im positive that she showed the girl hosting the party my message. Today I messaged her and said "you showed Livie the message i sent you a couple days ago, right?" after about 15 minutes of convo, she never answered after this. What is going on?

by sakeluvz on 6/6/2012 11:29:29 PM

Hey anikadandekar, let them know you don't want anymore of their suggestions, and when they say stuff like "do you want to look bad?", reply with "I want to look the way I want to look not the way you want me to". You could also try ignoring them and changing the subject when they start commenting on your outfits. And give them tips on their ensembles every once in while so they can see how it feels. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MODMODMOD
okay this is my sitch- my so my so-called "friends"
always tell me what i should change about my clothes. For example, say i wear my shirt tucked into my skirt one day they'll say "Untuck ur shirt it doesnt look good" they always pretend like their trying to give a friendly suggestion but their actually hurting my feelings. And i have tried to tell them "thanks for the suggestion but i like it this way" but then they keep on saying stuff like "it looks bad, do you want to look bad?" Untuck it" this stuff happens almost everyday and i dont really like it what do i do? Lynae P.

by anikadandekar on 6/5/2012 8:09:48 PM

how do u become an advice queen? also do the advice queens anwser MOD questions? i would luv to become one! LUV U ALLSmile

by lizzierox on 6/5/2012 4:54:30 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!
I hate seeing my panty lines when I'm wearing yoga pants. Should I ask my mom if I can wear a thong? How could I bring up the subject of wanting to wear a thong? What do I say?

Hey Girl!

I feel ya-thongs are definitely necessary to avoid panty lines. Bringing up thongs with your mom can be awk, but you need to talk to her about it. She might be a little surprised (no mom wants their daughter to grow up too quick), but she'll listen. Bring it up by saying you need to go underwear shopping. Mention you want a thong and tell her the real reason why: to prevent panty lines. She should understand.

Marisa D.

by TheMentalistgurl on 6/5/2012 2:39:26 PM

ModModMod
how do you know if a mod has answered a question

Hey girlie,

You gotta' go back to the page/article you asked it on and if it's there, it should have a mod answer.
  If it's not there, then they likely haven't gotten a chance to answer that one. Jordan S.

by Beachlover1417 on 6/4/2012 11:45:45 PM

hey how do you join the mod group that anwsers peoples questions? id really like to join! luv u allSmile lizzie

by lizzierox on 6/4/2012 4:30:32 PM

Hey Makeup Artist #1, yep you can become a moderator by getting an internship through GL. Click this link to find out more about internships. Good luck!

is it possible to become a MOD girl(just like you)???
thx Lynae P.

by Makeup Artist #1 on 6/2/2012 4:33:24 PM

Please help me. My friends father went to rehab recently and she has to move far away to live with her mom now and leave me. I really don't want to tell my parents about this because she is very upset about it and embarassed but it seems like something I have to do. I'm afraid my parents won't let me hang out with her anymore and am thinking about not telling them. Is this an okay desicion? Please help me I'm really confused.

Hey Girl,

i'm sorry to hear about your friend's situation. Your parents may be more understanding than you think. While they may not be okay with you visiting her. I'm sure they'd let your friend visit you.

Best of luck

simone s.

by katiez123 on 5/31/2012 4:23:27 PM

OK so my best friend has been acting wired lately like she will get mad at me for jest looking at her phone or talking to someone she doesn't like.then she jest went off and started being friends with my enemy. is it something i did to make her not my friend?

Hey girl, no I wouldn't take it personally. Talk to her and see what's going on. She could just need to have a heart to heart.

lauren r.

by texgirl12345 on 5/30/2012 6:56:28 PM

Hello, good students! If you get good grades and want to KEEP getting good grades or are trying to get better grades, you should join the club, HOW TO BE AN A STUDENT! We will talk about tips and studying together. Together, we can all be A students!

by Glitterheart16 on 5/26/2012 9:07:35 PM

Hey StellaBella101, no there's nothing wrong with you. It's completely normal to have feelings for a girl, especially if you're really close to her. I think it's sweet that you care about her so much. Some people aren't lucky enough to have friends like you in their life. Is there anyone else you're interested in? Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I have a huge crush on my girl best friend. I'm bi. I think I live her so I stayed away from her but my feelings didn't go away and I became suicidal. After months I finally apologized to her and we talk again. I know she's straight and who she likes and she knows I'm bi but not who I like. I decided that even If it is killin me on the inside thy she doesn't like me I will be her friend and make sure a guy likes her as humanly close as I like her. Are these feelings okay or is there something wrong with me? Lynae P.

by Stellabella101 on 5/26/2012 3:07:27 PM

MOD MOD!
Okay, so, I feel like everyone always sleeps so prettily (girls, of course), but when I sleep, my face is smushed into pillows and stuffed animals and I feel self concious about it. But I feelw eird because that is the only way I can sleep. When I sleep all "Sleeping Beauty" I can't selpp!

Hey girl,

If that's how you're comfortable, don't worry about how you look! No one sees you anyway, so the only thing that matters is your comfort and rest Smile

Meghan D.

by New_York_City on 5/25/2012 11:04:24 PM

Moderator!
I'm in fifth grade and I have a crush on this guy. I've known him since first grade. We have inside jokes and give each other looks instead of words during class. I was so sure I was in love until the new girl came along.
During recess, I told her I liked him. She ran up to my guy friend, and told him, who told my crush.
After recess, a bunch of guy friends were prodding me for information and asking me if I like him. "No way!" I would reply. Maybe I hurt his feelings. Or something else.
Heand I are going to the same middle school, so I have another chance.
I really like him and just want to be friends again. What do I do? How can I get him to notice me again?

Hey girl,

It's not your fault that the other girl blabbed, I'm so sorry that happened! If you want to tell him the truth, that might be the best option, but you can tell him you want to be friends again and that you didn't mean for things to get as awkward as they did. He'll understand that it's not your fault! If you're at the same school next year, you'll have plenty of time to be friends again, and I'm sure that after the summer, he'll forget all about what happened Smile

Meghan D.

by Effervescent on 5/25/2012 10:39:01 PM

I have 3 questions. First, i have a bit of lower tummy fat, what are some good exercises to help get rid of it? Next, this weekend I'm having a luau party and some of my classmates and my boyfriend are coming and it's going to be outside, but it's supposed to be hot. How should I do my hair? because when i put it in a ponytail shorter strands stick out after i run around for awhile. Third, I'm going to be playing volleyball if I make the team but since we'll have to wear spandex im going to have to learn how to put a tampon in. especially for this summer and swimming. how do you do that?

Hey girl,

Here's an ab workout you can do: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/06/10/Get-rock-solid-abs-by-July-4th.aspx As for the luau, if it's going to be hot, there's nothing wrong with a ponytail! if strands stick out, try a little hairspray to keep them in place! As for the tampon, there's nothing wrong with asking your mom for help! She knows best, and it might be embarrassing to bring it up, but she'll be able to help!

Meghan D.

by pinkguitar98 on 5/25/2012 9:49:31 PM

Anyone else see the typo? "What's bat is that she was boasting about it..." I'm pretty sure it's supposed to say bad not bat.

by foxface911 on 5/25/2012 7:42:54 PM

Hola Chicas! Join my Lana Del Rey Fans club! If you loooove Lana Del Rey... this is the club for u! Here we will talk about our favorite songs by her, how her fashion has impacted us, and how cool she is!

by artistchic99 on 5/25/2012 5:45:04 PM

Hey girlies! I'm Rosellen, and I'm a girlslife advice queen! Ask me advice on (and I mean it!) ANYTHING you have questions on! Any trouble you have, I'm totally here to help ya through it chicas! I answer everything from family trouble to boy drama, from shopping advice to friend trouble! Absolutely nothing will remain unanswered! Post your question on one of my advice clubs and I'll post the answer to your profile ASAP!
Ask away, and I hope you see you join my club!
Love ya bunches!