8 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

9 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

10 HOURS AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

COMMENTS

HS valedictorian Daniela Pelaez fights to be an American girl

She’s first in her class, landed a spot in the Ivy League and…is being kicked outta the country? What’s wrong with this picture…

If anybody needs advice on anything, comment on my profile and I'll reply ASAP. Thanks!Smile

by olivia192000 on 6/11/2012 10:15:53 AM

Why is she being punished for coming here illegally? She was under aged when she came here. I'll have you know most immigrants in the US are just here for a better life not to make other ppl's worse. Lowering crime rate. yeah right! *roles eyes* She should be allowed to stay plus if she does the US could get a better rep for themselves. She is a smart girl she is now my role model along with many great ppl. By the way anyone no how we can get these comments sent to the immigration aggency for her case or at least send them to her to show her most of us support her?

by cutie00 on 6/3/2012 11:43:42 AM

Mod Mod Mod Me and my BFF got into a HUGE FIGHT. We belong to the same country club, so we're at the beach and pool together every single day. The only problem is, I love tanning at the beach and reading magazines, but she loves swimming in the pool all day! How should we compromise?

Hey girl,

Why don't you try splitting your time together evenly? You can either take turns each day (you tan and read one day and swim the next) or switch it up each day (tan/read for a few hours then swim!). Also, it's okay to have some alone time. Let her know that you enjoy spending so much time together, but sometimes you just want to take time by yourself and relax at the beach.
Kelly G.

by MusicIsLove123 on 5/30/2012 8:10:07 AM

PUT YOURSELF in her position how would you feel?!?! Exactly ....… how she did not to be rude but is it really her fault ? And aren't US schools I don't know really low on grades ?! She doesn't deserve hate she deserves a medal for all the good grades!!! 98.6% of my school gets lower grades and most catholic schools in Glendale , CA have immigrant student too

by KatnissGirlonFire on 5/29/2012 11:05:15 PM

to all you people saying she shouldn't stay, is it her fault that she wasn't registered? is it her fault that her parents weren't responsible? no! so the blame shouldn't be put on her! she has worked her butt off to get good grades and to become the perfect high school student. in order to become a citizen don't you have to take a simple U.S. history test! a test that most american citizens would probably fail if they took it! this girl deserves to be here more than some people born here.

by the band geek on 5/29/2012 7:16:10 PM

I really dont have an opinion on this but I have heard people saying she is just taking the spot of a deserving US citizen who has worked hard and tried to get in college.

by luckykel on 5/29/2012 3:01:37 PM

I don't think it's fair for her to stay in the US because of her good grades. Her family should pay the consequences of not getting her citizenship. If the government allows this, this is a slap on the face to all the other people who got citizenship the RIGHT way, THEN came to the US. Immigration is a big issue. The US is the land of the free but only if you follow its laws, which include coming to the US legally. Im sorry, but i think she should be sent back. I halfway like but don't like that Dartmouth gave a her a full scholarship because they could be using that scholarship money for people who are legal AND need that money for college. It's not fair to those people in the US. American's tax money go to immigrants who are illegal instead of Americans who need that money. I think that once she applied for her citizenship in Columbia and it gets granted, she should come back. I think its good she is a smart girl but other LEGAL Americans are smart too.

by missdancer414 on 5/28/2012 2:37:15 AM

I understand the government's decision, but I don't agree with it. It does make sense to be suspicious, because, even though she has good grades she is still here illegaly. There are so many illegal people in the States now that its crazy! But, like she said, this is the only home she knows and I don't see why America would deny her. I thought that America is the country of the 'free'. What 'free'? No one is free to do as they wish anymore, the government has too much control now. If Congress and the presidents had upheld the constitution then we wouldn't have so many problems like this. They should do a full background check and see what her past is and decide from there. If they did one, then kudos to them. If they didn't, well, our country is being controled by idiots.

by Aislinn120 on 5/27/2012 10:59:30 PM

i think she deserves some privileges since she does well in school.

Hello, good students! If you get good grades and want to KEEP getting good grades or are trying to get better grades, you should join the club, HOW TO BE AN A STUDENT! We will talk about tips and studying together. Together, we can all be A students!

by Glitterheart16 on 5/27/2012 8:45:45 PM

I'm really torn, too. She should really go to college, especially being valedictorian and getting a 5 AP on her US History test, but her parents should have got citizenship right when they came into the US. I do feel extremely bad for her, but there is not much we can do to help her. Her parents didn't become a citizen of the US, now it's biting her 12 years later. Sorry, but this is the parents fault, really. I know she didn't know she was illegal, but her parents did.

by blueangelxoxo on 5/27/2012 8:34:12 PM