AN HOUR AGO 10 last minute costumes straight from your closet: http://t.co/PUCimvKw1G

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 block the cold with tough @UrbanOGcom ankle booties: http://t.co/Q1Z32YfVEN

3 HOURS AGO 3 teas to make you feel flawless: http://t.co/YOHoHTs1XQ

COMMENTS

HS valedictorian Daniela Pelaez fights to be an American girl

She’s first in her class, landed a spot in the Ivy League and…is being kicked outta the country? What’s wrong with this picture…

That is so unfair!

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 5/27/2012 9:26:43 AM

I am SO sick of people saying that her, or other people from other countries who have lived here THERE WHOLE LIVES aren't citizens. I read this article in GL. The whole purpose of only allowing people born in the US or accepted for citizenship is to lower our crime rate! But she's obviously not a criminal. She's a smart girl, and I seem to recall she was valedictorian, isn't that enough?

by hermione&ron on 5/27/2012 9:14:39 AM

this is sad, and I feel for her (& I know I'm gunna get bad rep for this) but she should really just take the test & get her green card instead of going to all this trouble. If she got a 5 on the AP history test, then just take the citizenship test and get it over with. One day in a class taking a test vs. getting the whole nation ralled up and going to the Supreme Court. hmmm, which is the better choice? This wouldn't be happening if her family would've just come here legally. Even jumping the border and then getting citizenship. Something!

by Kalulah on 5/27/2012 8:02:29 AM

That's no fair. We're all a mash up of something, and she's no different. Go, go Daniela! I hope that you get to stay in the end!

by OMGabi on 5/27/2012 6:44:07 AM

Raven.y I think you misunderstud. This act applies if you arrived in this country illegally, I am not american at all but because I am legal I do not apply to this.

by rainyseattlegirl on 5/27/2012 3:49:25 AM

That is so unfair! truely we are ALL not American because I'm half british a quarter irish and a quarter native American, where does it say I'm "American"? i mean come on, if all you need is her to be "American" then she's American! it's as simple as that. just because she looks a little difrent and she came from somewhere else doesn't mean she's uncapable! this is totally UNFAIR! Daniela I'm rooting for you!

by Raven.y on 5/27/2012 1:11:08 AM