2 HOURS AGO Real talk—my room was clean... then I needed a shirt: http://t.co/zfG1nfcONo

5 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

6 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

COMMENTS

How to ace a test

5 tips to make The Big One a breeze….

for my summer homework i have to go to a musuem but i need one that invalves science, free and i can go there by a train also i really want to make this guy in my class like me have any tips plssss

by nyneerox17 on 7/22/2012 12:42:32 AM

MOD- MOD- MOD- MOD- MOD- MOD- MOD-
Can you please post the school stuff like earlier then you really do? 'Cause my school starts August 21st. And I would love for you guys to post those things earlier so i can go shopping for the perf stuff. PLEASE!

Hey girlie,

Thanks for your suggestion! I'll totally pass it on to our editors! Smile
Lauren C.

by starlight1 on 7/19/2012 3:40:00 PM

Wow! This is a GREAT article! I always get way to stressed when tests comes and it makes me mess up! Thanks GL! If you love books, are looking for a new book to read, or have a book to recommend, join my Book Recommendation Club! Thanks!Laughing

by olivia192000 on 7/6/2012 6:32:06 AM

I have my finals next week and I am starting to freak out about them. I hope I can get through them following this steps.

by toto858 on 6/13/2012 4:21:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm going to my local community college this fall for school and I'm a little nervous. I'm only 14 and I'm afraid people will think I'm immature just because I'm younger. I have lots of older friends that go to the college and they already think I'm "childish." Any tips?

Hey Girl!

That's so awesome that you're going to college so early, congrats! If you act older and mature, people will treat you that way. They shouldn't think you're childish just because you're younger if you act maturely.

SarahO.

by 1corinthiansgurl on 6/1/2012 3:51:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD Please answer Im going to be in 9th grade and i still haven't had a boyfriend. Im shy in school but not out of school. Its really hard for me to talk to guys and they dont know Im not so quiet in school. What should I do?

Hey girl, well first of all, no rush! You have your whole life ahead of you to find guys. But to get started you could just start making close guy friends. Just a little flirting, but nothing too too much. That way, you can start to see what its like to really start talking to guys in HS and what not. Hang out in groups where there are girls and guys, that always helps. Don't worry, you'll find a great guy soon enough. My first boyfriend wasn't until junior year, so don't feel bad! Just enjoy yourself and your friends =]

lauren r.

by emmyemc on 5/30/2012 7:39:18 PM

Does anyone need advice, tips or how-to in a hurry? Join Advice Now! We give you the answers you need without the tedious wait!

by Taylorbb77 on 5/28/2012 3:04:08 PM

MOD!!!!!!!!!
Ok, i found out 2 days ago that my parents are divorced and have been for almost 8 yrs. They kept it a secret so me and my three siblings could live in a family. My parents know i know, but i can't tell my 14 yr old bro(i'm 13)or my 11 yr old bro, OR my 10 yr old sis! It sucks, and i feel so betrayed that my parents hae been divorced all this time and we still have to live with my dad(he's really mean). HOW AM I GONNA SURVIVE THE SUMMER!?!?

Hey girlie,

First off, you gotta handle this discreetly so your sibs don't catch on. If your parents want to keep it a secret from them, that's their choice and it's probably for the best. So first off, it might be smart to have a long convo about this alone with mom and dad. Ask any questions you have and be honest about how you're feeling right now - hurt, betrayed, confused, whatever. Then, throughout the summer, keep a journal (with a lock and key, if you're worried about the sibs finding it) filled with your thoughts and concerns about this. It'll REALLY help to get it all out of your head and onto paper - just the act of writing it will help you make sense of what you're feeling. You can't fix this situation and you can't pretend you didn't find out about it, but you can deal with your emotions in a healthy way. And remember, you JUST found out, so it feels fresh and super confusing right now - but over time, it will become normal <3 Promise!
Lauren C.

by Danerka on 5/27/2012 11:08:10 AM

Aww... I wish this was posted two weeks ago. It really would have helped me on my finals... Frown

by Bridgge2010 on 5/25/2012 5:14:14 PM

Mod mod mod I need help my exams are in a couple of weeks, (Canadian school ends in late June) and I have NO IDEA how to study. I need help on ways to remember the material!

Hey girlie,

This article is for the beginning of the school year, but every one of these tips can help you too!

1. Get organized. Put your notes for each class in order. Then make a study guide (in outline form) for each class, so you know what to study and where to start. Ask your teachers to review your outlines if you want, to make sure you've covered it all!

2. Create a schedule. Write down what you're going to study and how much you're going to do each day. That way, you won't be shocked when an exam creeps up on you.. you'll have been working for a week or so already! The worst would be to leave studying to the night before.

3. Study groups/friends are...well, your friend. If studying alone isn't working for you, ask some classmates to get together and study together. Bouncing ideas off each other and coming up with clever ways to remember info can REALLY help!
Lauren C.

by kimichik on 5/25/2012 12:10:08 AM

Mod Mod Mod
Thanks Marisa, I really don't have much of a choice about those A's next year...it's expected after my sister got a final GPA of 3.9 or something, number 15 in her class of 250 or so...
I find it really funny how you think I'll be motivated by a cute shirt, as if all girls are really that materialistic. I mean really who cares what you wear? I mean yeah don't wear gross stuff but it should be more about like what makes you really happy. Buying a new shirt is going to make you happy for what? 10 minutes? I'd much rather write a story, hang out with my friends, or play my flute!

by LLL328 on 5/24/2012 5:47:36 PM

I feel like I just failed my algebra test...
Does it matter though, since I'm in 8th grade? One B or C won't hurt...except my parents won't be happpy at alllll! Ugh, I don't like math though, how can I like somethng that's totally not me I'm artsy... (music, writing, drawing/painting)...Just tell me something

Hey Girl,

Failing a test is never good. But as long as you studied and tried to get the help you needed, don't feel too bad about it. In the long run (college applications), failing a middle school test won't go on your record. However, math will continue to build on what your currently learning. See you teach to catch up and understand where you're going wrong. If it continues to be a problem, ask your parents about a tutor. Not everyone likes every subject in school. It's hard to motivate ourselves to do something we're not excited about. Encourage yourself by saying you'll buy a cute shirt if you ace the next math test or get all A's next year.

Marisa D.

by LLL328 on 5/24/2012 5:02:42 PM

Some really odd things are going on with my body. Every time I eat, I feel sick and have to go to the bathroom for like 5 minutes. But right after, I feel perfectly fine. Like I just drank a can of grape juice and that happened. Is this a normal part of growing up? Feeling sick when you eat? Cause that sounds odd. Also, from my thighs to my toes feels really sore at random parts of the day. Is THIS normal? Some things that might help you answer, are, my mom is a diabetic and I'm in relatively good shape, not overweight and I don't eat the best but I eat fairly well. Plus I take dance classes. Thanks so much, Mod!

Hey Gal,

Getting sick after every meal is not the norm. It's possible you have a stomach virus. You def. want to make an appointment with your doc. Could your legs be feeling sore because of your dance class? You're working plenty of muscles, so that could be it. Ask your doc about that, too.

Marisa D.

by svds on 5/24/2012 3:33:25 PM

Good tips! just one more: eat and drink b4 a test! if you can, bring mentos, gum and water with you!

by sweettooth825 on 5/24/2012 11:42:10 AM

These are awesome suggestions! Luckily, I just finished my last Big One today, and I feel relieved! I got good grades tooSmile READY FOR SUMMER, BABY!:p

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 5/23/2012 10:03:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm having a hard time in algebra...I don't learn the way my teacher teaches. And when I ask for help, sometimes it helps, but usually she to explains it the same way, or we don't have enough time. The only real problem is that we learn differently, and that i'm in an advanced class that moves quickly. How can I finish out the year strong?

Hey Girl!

I totally understand having a tough time in math! If the way your teacher is teaching you doesn't make sense to you then ask a classmate! Working with your friends can be super helpful and you guys may have different areas of confusion. Good luck!

SarahO.

by horseygirl1414 on 5/23/2012 9:44:28 PM

These are really awesome tips! Laughing Too bad...I already took my state tests. Haha :p

by fungirl123 on 5/23/2012 9:28:49 PM

yay! 1st comment!........i might use these for my test (^-^)

by cutiepie14231 on 5/23/2012 9:16:17 PM