Bridget M.

is modding

5 HOURS AGO #Quiz—which classic Christmas flick are you? http://t.co/i0LF5xdOKg

8 HOURS AGO .@CodySimpson has some major exciting news: http://t.co/BsrYGeIaoe

9 HOURS AGO This throwback Christmas pic of @FifthHarmony is die for #SOCUTE: http://t.co/9GKHuKVpHl #5H #harmonizers

COMMENTS

I wanna be... an author!

We got bestselling YA fantasy author Caroline Stevermer to tell us what her writing gig is really like…

I would love to be an author <3

by myfatsquirrel on 5/25/2012 9:27:48 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
Ok so my friend and I really want to start our own business! We both really like to do nails and think we are pretty good! So do you think starting our own mani pedi business is a good idea? If so how do we get started? If not do you have other good ideas? Please help!

hey! right now I think you should offer to do nails for pretty cheap, maybe 50 cents? It's actually an investment for you because each customer is more practice to improve your skills. Look into cosmetology schools early on so you two can plan your career Smile

Helen S.

by Because on 5/25/2012 5:45:57 PM

I really want to be a writer. Just not full time. This doesn't answer all of my questions though. Not even close. I do want to ask her something.
Has she read Chronicals of Chrestomanci by: Diana Wynne Jones?
(Because it's awesome. Highly recommend it.)

by silverroseart on 5/25/2012 4:23:35 PM

I loved this article! I want to be an author since the 5th grade. I write the same way she does! It's annoying sometimes. I wrote a book and am in the process of basically rewriting it because the plot line totally changed... ugh XD but I love it <3

by unicornninja on 5/24/2012 11:21:57 PM

I'm writing a book right now. Patricia is right in saying that you can't edit a book if you haven't finished the rough draft. But that doesn't mean you can't let your ideas evolve; I'm on my third revision and will stay to the end. It's funny how books start. Mine came from an idea of writing a book that would interest my crush. Now it's a passion that I lose myself into when I listen to music, always envisioning what to write and invent next. Abraham's Daughter by Arcade Fire is the best song in the world to listen to for my book. Never give up and don't let others influence you from your main plot and idea for your book. Also, if you are striving for success in your book (I hope that you are), check out the style of VERY popular books. Don't copy the subject and idea but study the style. For example, first person present style with lots of thoughts (from Hunger Games)written out is a great way to write. It helps readers relate to the main character... Good luck everyone!Smile

by OceanWavez on 5/24/2012 10:56:50 PM

This is so cool! I have been wanting to write stories since I was writing spelling stories in fifth grade! I entered a writing contest with a story about unicorns with some buddies, but never got any results. GO WANNABE WRITERS!

by HelenaPS on 5/24/2012 9:04:25 PM

I love articles like this...
Anything on writing is useful
I want to be an author, too!
And this really made me feel more confident because I was just thinking about how impossible my dream is and how in comparison my first draft looks terrible(because I kind of write like Caroline Stevermer)...but I will keep writing and praying and maybe one day my dreams will come true! Smile

by AcutieBookworm on 5/24/2012 4:18:32 PM

i so want to be a writer. I have since age 9.

by jster on 5/24/2012 3:53:51 PM

Hey my name is Taylor and started a club called Ask Taylor. Its a place where you can ask me anything and I will get back to you faster than MOD will. Come check it out!!!!!

by taytay3299 on 5/24/2012 3:52:30 PM

This is really great advice it's my dream to be an author too, I have never wanted anything more in my entire life!!

by IThinkILoveYou... on 5/24/2012 5:04:49 AM