2 HOURS AGO Are you and your BFFL too much alike!? Take the #quiz, and see if you're stuck in the clone zone: http://t.co/BpmROLyNcN

3 HOURS AGO Sneak a peek at your future in this week's horoscopes: http://t.co/9XlQA9FGQg

4 HOURS AGO Celebs aren't the only ones who can get away with tights and shorts: http://t.co/MGug4WMOI1

COMMENTS

Keep in touch with your cuties all summer long

5 tips to keep you 'n' your girls tighter than ever this summer break...

MOD MOD MOD!
Ok so I have a decent group of friends, right? But during the summer months i never even talk to them and it bothers me- the reason being is they all have facebook and I don't so they like talk to each other everyday on there and I'm left in the dark- and when I try texting them i feel like I'm intruding on them or something- they seem to have all these inside jokes by the end of the summer that idk about and i feel like a loner- is there anything i should do or am i being entirely too sensitive?

Hey girlie,

You're not being too sensitive! It's totally normal to feel left out in situations like these. The best thing to do is be more proactive about keeping in touch. Sure they might love Facebook, but it's not the only way to stay in touch with friends. Text or call them - and instead of just awkwardly talking, ask them to hang out. In person! Just because it's summer doesn't mean you have to stop hanging out with your friends, so keep in touch by going to see movies, hitting up the pool, getting ice cream, etc. It takes some work to keep a friendship alive, so give it a shot! <3

Lauren C.

by Justmecheyenne on 8/19/2012 7:54:12 AM

mod mod mod mod mod!
So my best friend and I are fighting A LOT lately. She says really awful things about me behind my back and told one of my darkest secrets to people I hardly even know. She kind of bullies people a lot, too. She's so self centered and isn't happy for me when something amazing happens. ...But she's still one of my best friends and we have a HUGE concert together coming up next year. I don't want all of our future plans and things to go to waste... and I still want to be her friend. How do I get her to be nicer or at least take her rude ways down a little?

Hey girl,

Before you make any decisions, talk to your friend and see what's up! She might not realize that she's hurting your feelings. But if she blows you off and doesn't listen, it might be time to incorporate some new pals into your life.

Meghan D.

by kaleidoscope_eyes on 8/3/2012 10:20:43 PM

MOD!
Okay so there is this girl that I have been friends with for a long time, but we sort of split last year because we had no classes together... At the beginning of summer I called her to see if she wanted to hang out, but she couldn't at the moment and said she would call me back, but she never did. Do you think she just forgot or just doesn't want to be friends?

Hey girl! She may have just forgotten, so why not call her up again (since it's a couple months later) and ask her to hang.  If she still says no, you two might have drifted apart, but if she says yes, you get a friend back! xoxo

Kate G.

by taytaychicken331 on 8/3/2012 1:10:16 AM

MOD Kate
Hi I have another question... this same friend has been best friends with a girl since they were little and I am friends with both of them. I have been friends with them for about 3 years. I am good friends with them separately, but when we hang out together, they talk about a lot of inside jokes and talk to each other. I think the reason why the friend I talked about before was giving me the cold shoulder was because she thought I was trying to break up their friendship. How do I let her know that I'm NOT and I just want to be friends with both of them? And in future situations, how can I make hanging out fun for all three of us together?
Thanks so much!! Hannah

Hey chica! Try inviting them both along to do something fun (a movie night, for baking, to tie dye tee shirts). It might not be fun at first, but if the three of you become close, they'll start including you in the inside jokes. Make sure whatever you are doing has an activity ALL of you like- you'll want to do it, so you won't feel as left out.  Actions speak louder than words.  Hanging as a group (and letting them hang alone, as well as hanging with one of them at a time), will show you are comfortable in your relationships with them, which will make them more comfortable, too.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by bballstar14 on 7/31/2012 10:34:18 AM

*MOD MOD MOD*
Hello, I need some advice. I have a friend that has been acting a little cold towards me lately, not mean, just not her usual nice. I really value her as a friend and a person. It's summer so I haven't seen her in a while, so what do you think I should say to her? I'm thinking of inviting her over to go on a walk with my dog and talk. Is that a good idea/what do you suggest?
Thanks! Hannah

Hey chica! Sounds like a great idea.  This girl might have other stuff going on in her life, so asking her over for something casual sounds perfect! xoxo

Kate G.

by bballstar14 on 7/31/2012 10:18:04 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD
I feel like my BFF hates me! there is this girtl that really doesnt like me and they are really close too and i feel like she is driving us apart. she never anwsers my texts and is always standing me up. i invited her to sleepover one nite and told me she was in new york but my other friend who slept over told me that she said she was soo bored and had nothing to do at home. and on my birthday she said she was going to s.c. but my friend saw her in her yard with the girl that hates me. I really still want to be her friend but i dont know how to confront her about what happened and about her friend. what should i do?!?!?!?!?

Hey girlie,

Check out these two articles - one about your BFF starting to hang out with someone totally not your type, and one about moving on after your "BFF" downgrades to "just a friend" (or even less than that). It's a rough transition when a friend pulls away, but you're not alone - this happens a lot while we're growing up! Try not to let it get you down. Take this opportunity to meet new people, get involved in something different, and branch out! <3

Lauren C.

by lizzierox on 7/26/2012 5:05:28 PM

MOD!!!!! MOD!!!!!!!!! MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My friend and I own a website. It's about fashion and stuff. So we post like pictures and stuff but, I feel like I do it for her and she gets all the credit for it. I want to tell her about it but I don't want to hurt her feelings. I just wish there was some way i could tell her without being mean. Please help!
Sincerely,
Katie Jo

Hey girlie,

Who is it that you want to "get the credit" from? Site visitors? Friends? Family? Teachers? Whoever it is, try to come up with a way to make yourself a little more known on the website. Maybe at the end of your blog posts, you could sign your name. Or talk to your friend about creating an "About Us" page, so you can write up a little bio about each person. That could be a great way to make sure visitors know it's a team effort! There's nothing wrong with chatting with your friend and telling her you want it to be a little clearer - you put a lot of energy into the site, so you should feel comfortable with the way it comes across <3
Lauren C.

by fashion_bug on 7/22/2012 10:42:41 PM

I'm not the best at making friends. It's not like I'm some person who doesn't talk to anyone, I do but I can be very timid and shy, especially at the beginning of the school year. I do have a few friends but most of them are not at all like me. I get bored with them & just stick w/ them cuz Im too afraid of trying to be with the people who I know are exactly who I'd love to be friends with. I'm an extreme introvert & I guess it just takes me awhile to get used to people & by the end of the year I may have found only one person who I can really talk to & have a good time with. This year I really want to be able to chat up those girls & not be afraid to be with new people who I can be myself around & not someone I have to fake bcuz Im too afraid. I need advice so I dont feel so insecure & can become a lot more confident this upcoming school year.

by KaylaJune on 7/22/2012 1:40:34 AM

Thanks, Kate G!

by CristinaHoran on 7/17/2012 12:03:41 PM

This will sound completely stupid but not stupid at the same time. It has nothing to do with this^^^^^^ though. What do you do when someone tell you they would like to see you die like John tucker? Don't laugh. Okay. It happened over the Internet. It was two people and I know one of them in real life. One girl told me to go die and said that twice an the second time she wanted to try and be funny and told me to die like John Tucker and the other girl who I know in real life said she would love to see that happen. They probably didn't mean it seriously but it doesn't matter it hurt. I told the girl in real life that that is low and sick and wishing death upon someone is wrong. I don't want my parents involved in this because I know I can handle this myself with some guidance from my favorite people; GirlsLife! So I there's anything I could just tell them to make them realize that it wasn't right what they said and that death really isn't a joke.

Hey girl! You're right, that joke was super unfunny.  Let the girls know you don't appreciate their humor and that your feelings were really hurt.  Hopefully they'll understand, but if they don't, don't sweat it.  Take a break from chatting with these girls- find some friends who don't joke about people dying.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.