10 HOURS AGO Get a lil mysterious with 4 non-verbal flirting tricks: http://t.co/NbbiVk3aZP

13 HOURS AGO 5 #DIY options for your Thanksgiving table centerpiece: http://t.co/NS6hhu9ckR

14 HOURS AGO 5 Xmas smoothies that prove holiday treats CAN be healthy: http://t.co/YDVZvghmQg

COMMENTS

Keep in touch with your cuties all summer long

5 tips to keep you 'n' your girls tighter than ever this summer break...

MOD MOD MOD!
Ok so I have a decent group of friends, right? But during the summer months i never even talk to them and it bothers me- the reason being is they all have facebook and I don't so they like talk to each other everyday on there and I'm left in the dark- and when I try texting them i feel like I'm intruding on them or something- they seem to have all these inside jokes by the end of the summer that idk about and i feel like a loner- is there anything i should do or am i being entirely too sensitive?

Hey girlie,

You're not being too sensitive! It's totally normal to feel left out in situations like these. The best thing to do is be more proactive about keeping in touch. Sure they might love Facebook, but it's not the only way to stay in touch with friends. Text or call them - and instead of just awkwardly talking, ask them to hang out. In person! Just because it's summer doesn't mean you have to stop hanging out with your friends, so keep in touch by going to see movies, hitting up the pool, getting ice cream, etc. It takes some work to keep a friendship alive, so give it a shot! <3

Lauren C.

by Justmecheyenne on 8/19/2012 7:54:12 AM

mod mod mod mod mod!
So my best friend and I are fighting A LOT lately. She says really awful things about me behind my back and told one of my darkest secrets to people I hardly even know. She kind of bullies people a lot, too. She's so self centered and isn't happy for me when something amazing happens. ...But she's still one of my best friends and we have a HUGE concert together coming up next year. I don't want all of our future plans and things to go to waste... and I still want to be her friend. How do I get her to be nicer or at least take her rude ways down a little?

Hey girl,

Before you make any decisions, talk to your friend and see what's up! She might not realize that she's hurting your feelings. But if she blows you off and doesn't listen, it might be time to incorporate some new pals into your life.

Meghan D.

by kaleidoscope_eyes on 8/3/2012 10:20:43 PM

MOD!
Okay so there is this girl that I have been friends with for a long time, but we sort of split last year because we had no classes together... At the beginning of summer I called her to see if she wanted to hang out, but she couldn't at the moment and said she would call me back, but she never did. Do you think she just forgot or just doesn't want to be friends?

Hey girl! She may have just forgotten, so why not call her up again (since it's a couple months later) and ask her to hang.  If she still says no, you two might have drifted apart, but if she says yes, you get a friend back! xoxo

Kate G.

by taytaychicken331 on 8/3/2012 1:10:16 AM

MOD Kate
Hi I have another question... this same friend has been best friends with a girl since they were little and I am friends with both of them. I have been friends with them for about 3 years. I am good friends with them separately, but when we hang out together, they talk about a lot of inside jokes and talk to each other. I think the reason why the friend I talked about before was giving me the cold shoulder was because she thought I was trying to break up their friendship. How do I let her know that I'm NOT and I just want to be friends with both of them? And in future situations, how can I make hanging out fun for all three of us together?
Thanks so much!! Hannah

Hey chica! Try inviting them both along to do something fun (a movie night, for baking, to tie dye tee shirts). It might not be fun at first, but if the three of you become close, they'll start including you in the inside jokes. Make sure whatever you are doing has an activity ALL of you like- you'll want to do it, so you won't feel as left out.  Actions speak louder than words.  Hanging as a group (and letting them hang alone, as well as hanging with one of them at a time), will show you are comfortable in your relationships with them, which will make them more comfortable, too.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by bballstar14 on 7/31/2012 10:34:18 AM

*MOD MOD MOD*
Hello, I need some advice. I have a friend that has been acting a little cold towards me lately, not mean, just not her usual nice. I really value her as a friend and a person. It's summer so I haven't seen her in a while, so what do you think I should say to her? I'm thinking of inviting her over to go on a walk with my dog and talk. Is that a good idea/what do you suggest?
Thanks! Hannah

Hey chica! Sounds like a great idea.  This girl might have other stuff going on in her life, so asking her over for something casual sounds perfect! xoxo

Kate G.

by bballstar14 on 7/31/2012 10:18:04 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD
I feel like my BFF hates me! there is this girtl that really doesnt like me and they are really close too and i feel like she is driving us apart. she never anwsers my texts and is always standing me up. i invited her to sleepover one nite and told me she was in new york but my other friend who slept over told me that she said she was soo bored and had nothing to do at home. and on my birthday she said she was going to s.c. but my friend saw her in her yard with the girl that hates me. I really still want to be her friend but i dont know how to confront her about what happened and about her friend. what should i do?!?!?!?!?

Hey girlie,

Check out these two articles - one about your BFF starting to hang out with someone totally not your type, and one about moving on after your "BFF" downgrades to "just a friend" (or even less than that). It's a rough transition when a friend pulls away, but you're not alone - this happens a lot while we're growing up! Try not to let it get you down. Take this opportunity to meet new people, get involved in something different, and branch out! <3

Lauren C.

by lizzierox on 7/26/2012 5:05:28 PM

MOD!!!!! MOD!!!!!!!!! MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My friend and I own a website. It's about fashion and stuff. So we post like pictures and stuff but, I feel like I do it for her and she gets all the credit for it. I want to tell her about it but I don't want to hurt her feelings. I just wish there was some way i could tell her without being mean. Please help!
Sincerely,
Katie Jo

Hey girlie,

Who is it that you want to "get the credit" from? Site visitors? Friends? Family? Teachers? Whoever it is, try to come up with a way to make yourself a little more known on the website. Maybe at the end of your blog posts, you could sign your name. Or talk to your friend about creating an "About Us" page, so you can write up a little bio about each person. That could be a great way to make sure visitors know it's a team effort! There's nothing wrong with chatting with your friend and telling her you want it to be a little clearer - you put a lot of energy into the site, so you should feel comfortable with the way it comes across <3
Lauren C.

by fashion_bug on 7/22/2012 10:42:41 PM

I'm not the best at making friends. It's not like I'm some person who doesn't talk to anyone, I do but I can be very timid and shy, especially at the beginning of the school year. I do have a few friends but most of them are not at all like me. I get bored with them & just stick w/ them cuz Im too afraid of trying to be with the people who I know are exactly who I'd love to be friends with. I'm an extreme introvert & I guess it just takes me awhile to get used to people & by the end of the year I may have found only one person who I can really talk to & have a good time with. This year I really want to be able to chat up those girls & not be afraid to be with new people who I can be myself around & not someone I have to fake bcuz Im too afraid. I need advice so I dont feel so insecure & can become a lot more confident this upcoming school year.

by KaylaJune on 7/22/2012 1:40:34 AM

Thanks, Kate G!

by CristinaHoran on 7/17/2012 12:03:41 PM

This will sound completely stupid but not stupid at the same time. It has nothing to do with this^^^^^^ though. What do you do when someone tell you they would like to see you die like John tucker? Don't laugh. Okay. It happened over the Internet. It was two people and I know one of them in real life. One girl told me to go die and said that twice an the second time she wanted to try and be funny and told me to die like John Tucker and the other girl who I know in real life said she would love to see that happen. They probably didn't mean it seriously but it doesn't matter it hurt. I told the girl in real life that that is low and sick and wishing death upon someone is wrong. I don't want my parents involved in this because I know I can handle this myself with some guidance from my favorite people; GirlsLife! So I there's anything I could just tell them to make them realize that it wasn't right what they said and that death really isn't a joke.

Hey girl! You're right, that joke was super unfunny.  Let the girls know you don't appreciate their humor and that your feelings were really hurt.  Hopefully they'll understand, but if they don't, don't sweat it.  Take a break from chatting with these girls- find some friends who don't joke about people dying.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by CristinaHoran on 7/17/2012 1:56:28 AM

I've been trying to organize a sleepover with 3 of my closest friends. It didnt work out, so we're going to try and do two separate sleepovers. There would be one sleepover where my friend "Lulu" wouldnt be there. It would be me, my BFF, and the girl who often gossips about Lulu behind her back. Lulu doesnt want us to have this sleepover while she is away and wont be there because she is paranoid that the gossip girl "Mary" will say something bad about her if she is not there. Mary has been known to talk about Lulu behind her back - ALOT. How do I let Mary know that she cant gossip about Lulu, and how do I convince Lulu that Mary's gossip mouth *can* be silenced and not to worry about not being there?

Hey chicky, if it's just you, your bestie, and Mary, then Lulu shouldn't need to worry about gossip because she should know that you and your bestie aren't gonna buy into it. Just assure her that you two are gonna shut Mary down if she tries to start up a gossip-fest, and then at the sleepover, change the subject if Mary does bring up some gossip. If Mary doesn't stop talking about Lulu, confront her about it. Nicely, of course. Explain to her that you don't like talking about people when they're not around and that you'd rather she didn't do it while she's at your house. Then move on to a new subject.
Carrie R.

by cmfox99 on 7/16/2012 1:23:31 PM

Mod mod mod!
I am going to a sleepaway camp for five days and i was so excited. But now i found out this really obnoxious girl is in my cabin(it was suppsosed to be just me and 3 of my friends) she can be really annoying and kinda mean at times. Then i found out that this super bratty girl is on my team for games. Last year she was super mean to 2 of my bffs but she does think i know that. She always acts all inocent but then she turns all strong willed and says things like you play volleyball? Thats sooooo lame. And walks away! How can i have fun at camp when theese 2 r around!?!?!?

Hey girl, just ignore them! Only pay attention to your friends or make other friends in your group. But who knows, they could've changed!

lauren r.

by brookerb on 7/8/2012 9:28:03 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
Okay so my bestfriend used to go out with a guy and after some time he broke up with her. Only because his Dad found out so he was forced to! She is still mad at hm, and she wasnt very nice with him in the first place! But he still really likes her and reminds her that he still likes her! He said he wants to be friends but they get in a lot of fights! Nevertheless he likes her. And recently we beame friends because we are in the same class so it was bound to happen. She called me and told me that I never told her we became friends, and I thought to myself what was I supposed to say? "Hey guess what I made a new friend!". She told me she wasnt going to accept his and my friendship. And she also said that its weird that im friends with her ex, and then she brought up the girl code, saying you arent supposed to be friends with your BFF's. But he and I are still friends and same with she an I. Basically is it wrong/okay to be friends with your BFF's ex?

Hey girl, of course it's okay. Your BFF will get over it. Its okay as long as you don't have any intentions for him to be your BF!

lauren r.

by ilovestuffies1234 on 7/6/2012 8:02:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
My two besties have a crush on the same guy, who is one of my bffs, and they are ALWAYS talking about him, and then if one of them says that they talked online with eachother, the other gets mad, and doesn't talk to one another! HELP ME!

Hey girl!  My best advice? Stay out of it!  Especially since this guy is your friend, you don't want to pick sides and have someone's feelings get hurt.  Let them know that you aren't going to be involved in their fight and don't tell them things about their crush or tell him things about them.  Hopefully it will all blow over soon.  Good luck!

Kate G.

by scruffythecrow on 7/2/2012 1:46:19 PM

LafaDees
Just going into Middle School?
Don't know what's the trend?
Love is coming your way?
Friends pretending they're not?
You people need me I'm fun and very stylish and has had TONS of experience with friends. Middle School isn't a deal ITS A BIG ONE join now! :0 Smile Tong

by GeenieD on 6/15/2012 7:21:17 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!
I dont have anyfriends.Im not very good at talking to people and always mess up and say the wrong thing.I go to a private school and everyone there is loud and outgoing and im really quiet. How could i make friends and learn how to be able to talk to people more and speak up

Hey girlie,

Check out this article. I know the situation isn't EXACTLY the same, but the advice will help you too. Get involved! Join something that you love - and that way, you'll meet people who share your interests. That's the best way to start a friendship - to bond over something you love Smile

Lauren C.

by bunnybaby on 6/14/2012 10:19:53 PM

If anybody needs advice on anything, comment on my profile and I'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks!Smile

by olivia192000 on 6/11/2012 10:22:39 AM

hey girls! got a problem/question? i'll help you out with it just go on my profile and click the heart under clubs and you can ask me anything on my advice queen page! Smile

by opptop on 6/4/2012 8:58:19 PM

hi! Lately I've been feeling really stressed and I just REALLLY want school to be over. I have 11 days left (yes, I've been counting). I can't Even sleep cause all I think about is summer break. How can I make the last two weeks go by faster???

Hey Girl!

If you do activities you enjoy, summer will come much faster! Hang out with friends, read, take a walk outside, watch a movie...if you are done/ don't have any homework your afternoons will go a lot faster. In school, have fun with your friends and enjoy the last few weeks you'll be spending in school together.

SarahO.

by eemmais on 5/29/2012 2:06:43 AM

MOD MOD MOD:
So I friended this girl on FB because she had mutual friends,and we talked briefly on a status and she seemed cool,and she used to go to my school. Well I talked to her on Fb,but then she started talking to my whenever I was online,and she is ALWAYS online so that was almost every time I was online. She wants to do some stuff outside of FB and while she is really sweet,and I feel because 2 years ago she had cancer and everything,I don't want to be real-life friends. I thought by friending her we would just talk every now & then but now she calls me her best friend in the entire world!! How do I tell her I'm not..interested...in doing things outside of FB?? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Hey girlie,

If you're online and she tries to make plans, just casually say something like, "Oh, I don't think I can Frown sorry!" That way, you're turning her down without giving her a reason - hopefully, after several times, she'll get the hint! Also, remember you don't always have to be online - you can keep yourself "offline" while you're browsing Facebook, if you need a break from talking to her. It's always your choice whether you want to meet in person, hang out, or even be friends with someone. Don't do anything you're not comfy with! And if you ever need to end it once and for all, try blaming mom/dad - tell her your parents won't let you meet her and hang out because you don't know her in real life from school. If your parents say no, it's GOT to end Smile
Lauren C.

by MadMaddie911 on 5/26/2012 11:35:28 PM

MOD
Please read although his is unrelated to the article:
I feel like i kind of don't even love my family anymore. I'm just kind of confused, because I can't genuinely say I like spending time with them, I'd much rather be on my computer talking to my friends. My parents are great, they let me do things and don't get down on me about school, and want me to be happy... And today my mom thought enough was enough with us treating her badly (to her, that is being lazy and leaving work to her, saying stuff is stupid or not accepting compliments), so she left the house temporarily and called later asking if we could be better. I don't even know if I can, I don't understand why I don't feel like talking to my parents, or don't feel happy when my mom compliments me on something I just feel ridiculed. Sorry this was long, but please help me, like what can I do to seem less a bad daughter, to be more regular to them!
Thank you if you reply. (:

Hey girl,

I think this is just a phase.  Is there anything that has happened that made you question if you really care about your family?  Anything change that upset you?  It doesn't sound like what your mom said is unwarranted.  Considering you're thinking strangely, you're likely acting strangely as well.  My best advice is to find the source of your feelings and deal with it from there.
Jordan S.

by squigglegiggle13 on 5/26/2012 8:12:41 PM

so you have a ton of junk lying around your house and nothing to do with it. Plus you want some new jewelry without spending a ton. What do you do? Join my club and find out how to turn ordinary stuff around your house into funky and creative stuff! The club is called DIY Green!

by kpianoplayer on 5/26/2012 8:08:42 PM

I really wanna have a sleepover with one of my friends! But im worried my mom will say no! I've asked her to go to sleepovers multiple times but all she's said is no! Yesterday was my b-day and i wanna go to a sleepover! How do i get her to say YES? Frown

I'm sure since it's a birthday celebration that she'll let you.  It may be because she wants to meet the girl, or feels uncomfortable about you being at other people's homes.  Let her know that you were really hoping to for a birthdat present. Jordan S.

by Random_Rainbow5 on 5/26/2012 8:02:18 PM

MOD
SUPERRRRRRR URGENT!!!!!! MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MODMODMODMOD!
Okay theres a guy i like,K. So I don't talk to him, and I was thinking about writing him a note saying I liked him and give him it the last day of school.Some of my freinds think it's a good day, soe think it's terrible, some say maybe, soe said get to knwo him first but there is only 3.5 days left! My freind said I should go to my freind T in that class and be like I Need UR # and then go to K and be like I Neeed Urs 2.So what should I do? Write the note, do the phone number thing, or don't do anytihng? Please reply ASAP! THanks sooooooooooooooo much MOD! <3

Hey babe,

The note isn't personal enough and it doesn't give him enough of a chance to react to it.  I would ask for his number casually, so you can talk throughout the summer and flirt and maybe hang out, etc.
Jordan S.

by teampeetapercy on 5/26/2012 7:46:33 PM

I get out the 31st of May!! I can't waitSmile

by tropicdog on 5/26/2012 7:38:51 PM

i get out June 8th!!!

by fearless;) on 5/26/2012 5:14:48 PM

Hello, good students! If you get good grades and want to KEEP getting good grades or are trying to get better grades, you should join the club, HOW TO BE AN A STUDENT! We will talk about tips and studying together. Together, we can all be A students!

by Glitterheart16 on 5/26/2012 3:28:55 PM

I dont get out of school until JUNE 14TH! I just wish the last day of school would be May 31st and the first day of school would be September 1st. Not all this weird stuff.

by Glitterheart16 on 5/26/2012 3:19:01 PM

Hey yoquieronacho, there's always Facebook, twitter, oovo, skype and FaceTime. Decide which one would work best for you guys. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD!!!
Ok, so I'd really like to keep in touch with my BF this summer, but it's always really awkward on the phone because normally I end up talking for a good half an hour while he says mainly 3 sentences, even when I try to strike up a conversation. We tried emailing last summer but it didn't really go well. Any tips on how to stay in touch with him? Lynae P.

by yoquieronacho on 5/26/2012 3:01:46 PM

OMG, when do you people get out of school? My last day was May 23.

by dancethenightaway on 5/26/2012 2:25:54 PM

Hey dancethenightaway, I would pack shorts, tennis shoes, maybe a pair of sandals, and comfy tee shirts. Hope this helps! Have fun! Xoxo

Hi. So, I'm going to a summer camp in about 2 weeks. The camp is only 4 days and 3 nights, and I'm wondering what I should bring to wear? Any suggestions? I know I'll have to bring toiletries, a hairbrush, a pillow, a blanket, probably sunscreen, and maybe sunglasses.
Thanks, Callie Lynae P.

by dancethenightaway on 5/26/2012 2:24:12 PM

Hey AquaMasquerade, no not at all. All they were doing was playing around. I'm sure he has other female friends and they are just that, friends. And same with you. Just because you're cool with a guy doesn't mean you want to date him. No worries girly! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD! My boyfriend is amazing. He definitely shows that he loves me and we have the greatest times. But we are on seperate teams in school for seventh grade. His team went on a camping trip and while there, he had all this fun with my friend. They talked the whole time and even played chicken ( she was sitting on top of his shoulders) plus, him and another boy had a "firecracker" game contest and the loser had to kiss her. Should i be worried? Thanks. Lynae P.

by AquaMasquerade on 5/26/2012 2:00:27 PM

Mod Mod Mod
My mom and older sis are in Europe, it's so unfair because I am stuck at home with my dad and lil sis. I can't text/call them because of the cost of phoning from diff countries, only email and facebook and they don't have internet. My lil sis left to a two day sleepover yesterday and I am super bored this weekend. All my friends know my mom is gone but they haven't texted or called. What should I do? I'm bored out of my mind! I just can't wait until this weekend is over! What should I do?

Hey girl,

Why not do something fun with your dad if you two are the only ones home? I'm sure he'd appreciate getting to spend some time with you, so go out to lunch or bowling or to the movies, or just hang out with him and play a game at home! The weekend will be over before you know it Smile

Meghan D.

by LLL328 on 5/26/2012 12:41:23 PM

All these summer posts are depressing, I still have 12 more days of school and then finals for 5!!

by MusicIsLove123 on 5/26/2012 8:16:51 AM

Mod
I switched schools for a year and am now going back to my old school this fall (not by choice). I don't have a lot of self confidence but the one thing that I can be confident about is that I'm really smart, I have a word or quote for everything, understand complex equations and have never gotten below an A on a history test. That sounds great, right? Yeah, not so much. I get taken advantege of A LOT which is why I left. People use me and pretend to be my friend so they can partner up with me and get an A. Now normally that hurts everyone but I have poor social skills so I always feel like they are really my friend. What can I do to get people to stop taking advantage of me?

Hey girl,

If someone acts like your friend, it's okay to trust them, but if it seems like they want to steal your work, tell them they'll learn more if they do it themselves. If they don't take the hint, you could initiate a friendship with someone else by introducing yourself -- if you approach them, they will be less likely to want to steal your ideas!

Meghan D.

by rainyseattlegirl on 5/26/2012 2:49:05 AM

Mod mod mod!! So there is this guy i really like, and we are pretty good friends. we talk a lot and text and he gives me rides home from school (and always gets the car door for me!!). i am getting a lot of mixed signals from him. i want to hang out with him sometime and maybe run together (since we both run long distance), but i dont know how to ask him. do you think he might like me? and what are some good conversation starters? thanks so so so much Smile

Hey girl,

If he gives you rides home from school, why not ask if you two can hang out during one of your rides? It will be less awkward since you're already together, so just suggest that you grab lunch or see a movie sometime! Our "icebreakers" channel has tons of great conversation starters, but anything casual like school or movies will work. Good luck! http://www.girlslife.com/category/ice-breakers.aspx

Meghan D.