AN HOUR AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

2 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz What kind of friends does your personality attract? http://t.co/RQkbRjeZXx

3 HOURS AGO Our makeup musts we always have going BTS: http://t.co/WE5hijGzT8

COMMENTS

Ed. Obsession Under $30: Snow White and the Huntsman polish set by Deborah Lippmann

The two hues are like good vs. evil—but you don’t have to take sides.

Mod
I wear eye shadow to school alot. I use charcol colors that are really subtle. I only aply on my lid and I don't aply alot, but people glance at me for a millasecond in the hallway and tell me "Nice Eye Stuff". Does this meen I am not apling it right so it is very noticible? I took a make up corse over the summer so I don't get why all of my make up is so noticable.

Hey girl,

While the smokey eye look can be great for a night out, under the harsh florescent lights of your hallway, it may look too harsh. Try experimenting with some lighter colors for the school day

simone s.

by bass2001 on 5/31/2012 5:01:34 PM

I have a promotion ceremony becuase next year is our first year of middle school. We all have to wear a navy blue t and jeans but i dont know what to do with my hair. Or what accesories to wear. thanks

Hey girlie,

Congrats!! Do you like wearing your hair up? If so, try one of our fave simple updos on GL.com. We give ya a "how to" so, with a little practice, you'll have a sleek and girly hairstyle for the day Smile As for accessories, keep it simple - a thin bracelet and a ring will do the trick. Add some drop earrings for drama, if you like!

Lauren C.

by myth_lover on 5/27/2012 10:08:58 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have my middle school promotion next week (yay!) What kind of accessories would look good with a white dress and a teal sweater? Would it be weird to wear heels to a school event? What about hair/makeup/nail ideas? (I have long, thick, brown hair and hazel eyes, and an olive-ish skin tone)
Thanks in advance Smile

Hey girlie,

Woooo, congrats! That's awesome! For accessories, heels would be totally cool if you'll be comfy in them. They're great for special occasions - and this is def a special event! I would keep accessories kind of low-key - a thin gold bracelet, a ring or two, and stud earrings would be super pretty. They'll be girly without being overwhelming to the outfit Smile As for hair/makeup/nails, keep your hair simple - worn down if it's a mild temperature, worn up in a sleek ponytail if it's hot out. Nails could be bright white, gold, pale pink, or a statement-making color like navy blue or deep red. Go with whatever color lines up best with your personality! And keep the makeup simple too - a light swipe of eyeliner and mascara plus some lip balm or lip gloss should do the trick to make you feel pretty and special for the day Smile
Lauren C.

by Musicaddict on 5/26/2012 10:51:44 PM

Hello, good students! If you get good grades and want to KEEP getting good grades or are trying to get better grades, you should join the club, HOW TO BE AN A STUDENT! We will talk about tips and studying together. Together, we can all be A students!

by Glitterheart16 on 5/26/2012 3:27:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I always have mixed feelings about my friend, M. Sometime she's a really good friend but other times I think she's kinda mean. What should I do?

Hey girl,

If you have fun with her sometimes, it's worth trying to patch up the relationship before you ditch her for good. Tell her you don't appreciate her rude comments, but that you usually enjoy spending time with her. If she's sorry, great! If she blows you off, it might be time to find some new pals.

Meghan D.

by Torrie55 on 5/26/2012 12:50:18 PM

Mod
I feel like I carry all the weight for my friends. I am the peacekeeper and my pet peeve is seeing people upset so I'm always the one fixing things (when they ask me too) but sometimes I feel like these aren't my concern and they should fix their own problems. How do I say that without sounding too mean?

Hey girl,

It's great that you're helping your friends, but if you don't want to help them anymore, it might be time to find a new group. Or you could tell them that while you love helping them out, you think it would help them to work through their own problems to learn from the experience! If you ever needed help with something, don't be afraid to ask them for help or advice, too!

Meghan D.

by rainyseattlegirl on 5/26/2012 4:22:52 AM

Mod again...from the previous comment
No, I don't like him tht way at all....I just wanna know wats with the lovey dovey cheerful looks at me??...:/ And plus he's myu enemy also...so yea..

Hey girl,

If you think he's giving you a weird look, you could ask him about it, but if you don't like him back you might just want to let it go so you don't embarrass him.

Meghan D.

by Susmita24 on 5/25/2012 11:17:26 PM

MOD?
Okay, so my friend has a crush on her friend. His name's hawkboy(well, his classmates nicknamed him)...So anyways, she has a major crush on him, he likes her back a friend and all. He has lately been staring at me for 1 whole week in school! Like tht romantic smiley ish. Today I won in the science fair, he like literally came up to me and said congrats and I wanna c yur project... I dont even know him tht well and he's actin lyk tht! IDK what to do!

Hey! It sounds to me like you really like this guy Smile congrats, it can be fun to have a crush. The best way to deal with this is to be his friend and see if something more happens naturally. I have seen so many girls get hurt and ruin friendships because they "had to know" if someone liked them, and they asked the guy about it and made the whole situation awkward. I even did that myself when I was younger. It's better to have a secret crush on your friend than to have a public crush on your ex-friend. good luck!

Helen S.

by Susmita24 on 5/25/2012 6:38:43 PM

Hola Chicas! Join my Lana Del Rey Fans club! If you loooove Lana Del Rey... this is the club for u! Here we will talk about our favorite songs by her, how her fashion has impacted us, and how cool she is!

by artistchic99 on 5/25/2012 5:41:38 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod Mod
So I recently got a pixie cut! Though I didn't cut off all that much since my hair was short anyway (2 inches above shoulders). I really wanted my hair to grow out but at the same time I wanted something totally different and I got it. I really like the pixie cut but now I want to grow out my hair! The longest my hair has been is a little past my shoulders and that was years ago. Is there anyway to help my hair grow faster? I heard it grows about half an inch a month. How long until it reaches my shoulders? THANKS!Smile

hey! I don't think there are many effective ways to speed up hair growth. You just gotta wait it out. Check out what our editors have to say on the subject: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/28/Extend-Me2c-Please!.aspx

Helen S.