7 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

10 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

11 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

Should you date a "sometimes" jerk?

Nice to you, but nasty to everyone else? How to find out if he’s worth the trouble…

This girl (who happens to be a known liar) gave me advice on a bunch of stuff, including guys. She told me not to ask a guy out and to refuse the first time he asked me out so that way I wouldn't seem too eager. Should I listen to her?

Hey girl!

It's always nice to get advice from people, but those people need to be trustworthy. I'm not sure if this girl is. How much does she even know about you or your life? I understand what she's trying to say, but what if your refusal of this guy makes him think you're not interested?! That wouldn't be good. There's nothing wrong with saying yes when a guy asks you out. I really doubt he'll think you're over eager. He'll probably be so happy he didn't have to face rejection. If this girl is a known liar, she probably doesn't have your best interests at heart. Listen to people who you really trust and who care about you.
Rachael A.

by gobigorange on 6/29/2012 2:02:52 PM

Hey Kbuddy08, well if wearing more makeup is what's stopping boys from liking you, then you don't need them. I think the more confident and friendly you appear, the more guys will like you. Click the link for more tips! Hope this helps! Xoxo

I'm feeling desperate for a bf , I'm 13 and yeah , I'll admit I'm jealous of the cute couples smooching in the halls .... I know it's no rush , but guys just don't seem to talk to me !!! Maybe I don't wear enough makeup or something"....."..."..... Now that schools out , I want to dedicate myself to my social life , instead of the grades I've been literally too OBSESSED with to spend any time thinking about this .... I'm an oldest child as well , so my mom , isn't all that open to the idea of me dating. How do I talk to guys ???? I used to talk to them all the time when I was little , now it seems just way too difficult , mostly because a lot of the guys I know just , are jerks to me , I don't know why me , but they seem nice to other girls ! Even if I just try to say a friendly hello , it seems like I've 'crossed the line'. With them as if they won't permit me to talk to them either ! Lynae P.

by Kbuddy08 on 6/23/2012 4:36:32 PM

Whenever my BFF has a boyfriend and I'm single, she sort of leaves me out. We don't talk so much. I just hope I won't do that to her if she's single and I'm not. I don't like her boyfriend because HE'S a jerk to everyone but her, he's a jerk to me. She always makes excuses for his rudeness like, "He just does that because he doesn't want you girls to get the wrong idea. He likes me and only me." and I said, "Well, he's mean to boys to." "Well," and then she changed the subject. I don't get it. PLZ HELP!

Hey Girl!

Yikes! I'm sorry your BFF is forgetting you for her guy. Give it a month or two. Once the freshness of their relationship wears off, she'll probably want to spend more time with you and her other friends again. If not, you can still be friends but try to get closer to other girl who won't ditch you for a (mean) guy.

best of luck!
simone s.

by lovebugattack on 6/19/2012 2:44:29 PM

I had a boyfriend, only for a couple days, and we broke up like a month ago. I was over it within hours, but now I really want a boyfriend again. It was such a great feeling and I really miss it. Now that school's out I never see anyone, plus I don't like any of the guys from our school.

Hey girl,

You should be happy with yourself and not rely on a boyfriend all of the time! Boys are fun, but it's also important that you become confident in yourself as an individual. Try focusing on your friends and the things you are good at and a new boy will come at the right time!

Meghan D.

by soccerreb on 6/15/2012 10:17:12 PM

Hey girlies!! Are the mods not answering your questions fast enough? or do ou just want a second opinion?
ask me! i'm the advice queen to go toSmile i'll help you with everything and anything! NO question/problem is too weird!
i would love to help youSmile just comment on my advice queen page!

-xoxoxo

AlySmile

by Alykat18 on 5/28/2012 4:12:27 PM

The Sophomore Semiformal dance at my school is coming up next week. My friends and I all promised that if we didn't get dates its okay, we'll go together. All those friends ended up getting asking to the dance except me! There is no other group I could go with because everyone has dates. I feel like not even going. Should I ask someone to the dance? Go all by myself? Or not go at all?

Hey babe,

What do you feel most comfortable with? Try to imagine yourself at the dance. Are you the kind of outgoing girl who can chat it up with anyone? If so, I say go by yourself and have a blast! You might feel like you're the only one without a date but when you get there you might find some other friends who you may not know as well but who are also by themselves. It's a great opportunity to force yourself to make new friends! If that doesn't seem practical, why don't you ask someone? Do you have a good guy friend who is available? Try all of your options before missing out on what could be a wonderful night of fun!
Kelly G.

by jujubean115 on 5/28/2012 3:45:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD,
I really like this one guy and he's super nice to me when it's just him and my friends but as soon as he get's around his friends he acts kind of mean. he won't actually insult me but he refuses to look at me when I talk to him and he doesn't defend me when his friends are mean to me. once when one of his friends said something really mean to me I asked him to make them stop and he just looked at me like he really wanted to help me but couldn't. what should I do? HELP!

Hey girl,

He could feel weird in front of his friends for a number of reasons - they would make fun of him if they knew he had a crush/talked to girls, he wants to seem cool in front of them, etc. It sounds like he's really led by his friends and that he would do whatever they tell him to do, which is kinda a bummer but also totally normal - he's a follower, so he doesn't want them to be angry with him or feel like he isn't "part of the group." Try to get to know him even better one-on-one whenever you can. Over time, he might be nicer to you when he's around his friends simply because he's so close to you. But you'll never know unless you try <3
Lauren C.

by ilovequotes on 5/27/2012 12:01:26 AM

Hey I think he's not worth it unless he is:
1. Really that cute
2. Nice most of the time or
3. He would look good with you and not ruin your reputation.
Otherwise, Later Dater!

by transform2314 on 5/26/2012 11:12:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD I am going on my very first "date" on Monday and I'm not sure what to wear. it is after a memorial day parade and we are going for hot dogs and hanging out just us. He's going to meet my dad, too. But I'm really nervous. I really like him but I don't know how to act, what to wear, and stuff like that.

Hey girlie,

Congrats! As for what to wear, go with something that is totally you - are you a denim shorts and tank top type of girl? Or are you more of a casual white sundress type? Go with something that will make you feel comfortable and yourself - he'll love that if you're not trying too hard Smile How to act is a bit trickier - you need to be yourself! Think about some things you could ask him if the convo gets silent (about his likes/dislikes, his fam, his friends, etc.), but try to go with the flow. Be yourself, stay calm, and talk to him like you would with a friend. The whole point is to really get to know him better, so don't freeze up! Smile
Lauren C.

by romanticbookworm13 on 5/26/2012 9:13:21 PM

so you have a ton of junk lying around your house and nothing to do with it. Plus you want some new jewelry without spending a ton. What do you do? Join my club and find out how to turn ordinary stuff around your house into funky and creative stuff! The club is called DIY Green!

by kpianoplayer on 5/26/2012 8:07:53 PM