AN HOUR AGO Who inspires us to be strong, successful, independent women (besides our moms, of course)?: http://t.co/ktxJfKL7K6

1 HOURS AGO Love @PeytonList's cute cover look? Steal her style: http://t.co/hg7NFvOE0S #GLpeyton

3 HOURS AGO #BookClub: Learn to see life in a new way with this incredible new read. More about #BLIND here: http://t.co/qpfkWViM2j

COMMENTS

7 real girl rules for rocking that summer fling thing

Readers share their dos ‘n’ don’ts for a sweet romance…

MOD MOD MOD okay so i just met this really awesome guy at the beach and i want it to be just a summer fling but i'm not sure if he understands that because he keeps talking about long relationships so how do i tell him or hint that once school starts i don't want a difficult long distance relationship????

Hey girl!

That's pretty tough, but you have to be honest. Just tell him that you're having a total blast with him this summer and you're so happy you met him. But say that you're just not really interested in having a long distance relationship during the school year because you know you'll both be super busy. Every guy is different so there's no telling exactly how he'll take it.

Rachael A.

by avamava on 8/6/2012 2:46:54 AM

MOD MOD MOD So I was dating this guy and I really liked him. We really clicked and he was one of those guys that won't hurt you like the rest. We're going into 8th grade and he's switching schools. He texted me a few days ago saying that he doesn't think it'd work out. He said its not really breaking up, but more like taking a break. But I know he's just saying that. He didn't even see how the long distance relationship would have worked he just gave up on the whole thing. He didn't try to save what we had. Was he just another one of the bad guys we've all dated? This was my longest relationship that I was happy with. How do I get over this?

Hey girlie,

Just because he is looking at the situation in a different way doesn't mean he's bad! He made you happy for a while and, if he wasn't switching schools, you might still be together so this wasn't a bad choice you made or any reflection of you <3 Everyone is different, and he's probably thinking about how hard the long distance will be. Especially since he's young, he probably wants to fully experience his new school without feeling like he is being pulled back to his old school. He's probably trying to give himself a fresh start - which stings right now because you don't want to break up, but actually makes a lot of sense. It's just that timing means a LOT in a relationship. There are sooo many things that have to jive together, and it isn't smart to force it if something is getting in the way - if one person is in a relationship with someone else, if you don't share each other's feelings, if distance is going to make things difficult, if your needs aren't the same or your goals for that time in your life don't match up. I know it's tough to think about, but a relationship is like a team - and if the goal of each teammate isn't the same, the team won't work. Since this was your longest relationship yet, it's going to just take time to put this behind you. You don't have to forget about him - but you WILL realize that you can live happily without him, and that there are other guys out there. It's normal to feel upset about it and it's normal to wish things worked out differently. But you can do this! <3
Lauren C.

by CristinaHoran on 7/11/2012 12:30:43 AM

so i like this dude who was in my P.E class. he talked to me every once and a while. anyways hge was friends with my bff. i was always afraid to talk to him. now that its summer i think about him alot.should i ask him out this year?????? HELP!!!!

by thattaylorgirl6 on 7/10/2012 8:22:27 PM

mod mod!
heyyy again so theres this lifeguard at this waterpark and its like a hotel thing and i was like just playing with the water and i turned and he was staring the whole time and smiled then i saw him again and he smiled randomly and kept staring then theres this other lifeguard and he remembers me from last year when i helped with a safety test and he would stare at me and now he does again lol idk but my friends think they like me wat do u think or r they just being nice because i dont really smile or anything at them

Hey girlie,

We can't be sure because we don't know him personally, but it totally sounds like he's checking you out! Do you like him? Think he's cute? If so, try stopping by next time and saying what's up. Have a casual convo with him, flirt a little, get to know him and see where it goes Smile
Lauren C.

by thepinkyyyyyyyyy on 7/9/2012 9:15:34 PM

MOD MOD
hey! so anyways theres this guy tht copied my number an stuff nd he usually stares at me but he told my friend that he likes my hair and eyecolor and thinks im sweet and that was what he looked for in a girl, do you think he likes me?
thankyaaaaa very much

Hey! There's no one way to tell if someone likes you, but if you wait it out it might just become too obvious not to know ;)

Helen S.

by thepinkyyyyyyyyy on 7/9/2012 8:34:42 PM

Yea. These tricks are great, but I don't know if I woluld do it!

by forever21.love on 6/29/2012 12:44:13 AM

I want a BF, but i'm not that great at flirting. All the guys i know, though, i don't like that way. whenever i see a cute guy, i just put my head down and pretend not to notice. do you have any tips? i'm not desperate, but i just want to mix my life up a little.

Hey girl,

If you just want to talk to guys a little more, we have tons of articles on our guys channel for that Smile Check out the tips and tricks in the article to get started! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/01/26/100-cute-things-to-say-and-do-around-guys.aspx

Meghan D.

by Nicole79 on 6/22/2012 7:01:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD ...PLz Help ME!!, Anyway I Likethis guy and he gave me is number But when I text him he never texts Back...So my friend Decided to text him and Pretend to be a dude..While they were texting I 'Accidently" called him...When I texted him saying oops pocket dial he never texted me back but continued to text my friend.. A complete stranger who's # he didn't have:c..What Do I do To ask Why He won't text me backLaughing.. I really like him

Hey girl!

That seems kinda weird since he gave you his number! Maybe he's just shy. Try not texting him for a week. Maybe he'll be disappointed to not hear from you and he'll take the time to text you himself.
Rachael A.

by Cranberryfrost on 6/22/2012 3:03:34 PM

Hey kaleidoscope_eyes, I think your best bet would be to go with Boy A. You guys are great friends, and already have that chemistry going so it won't be hard to start dating. You don't have any ways of contacting Boy B and Boy C is already in a relationship. On the bright side you can add two more cool guys to your friends list. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Mod mod mod mod!
I've had this giant crush on this boy for like seven months, but now I'm starting to like two other ones :l I don't know how to pick which oneee. Boy A is one of my friends, and we're always joking around and talking and I've liked him the longest. Boy B is really really sweet and he's had the biggest crush on me for the longest timeee and he's smart and hilarious but really hard to talk to and I don't have any contact with him. Boy C has a girlfriend butttt he's the only one I'm going to see regularly this summer. He's a really good friend too, but he goes to a different school with me and I need help picking which boy would be best! ): Lynae P.

by kaleidoscope_eyes on 6/19/2012 5:01:14 PM

okk so i have a little issue w/ my bffs....i feel that lately and will be always be that "akward third wheel". im always dragged along w/ my friends when they're with their boyfriends, and honestly im starting to get tired of it. i NEVER have a guy to bring along, but they always do. what can i do? i've talked to some of my other single bffs, but it doesnt seem to help :/ it feels like they bring me along for "support" but i end up feeling like the one who needs support, cuz im the only single one in a group of couples! any advice?

Hey babe,

Keep trying to talk with your single BFFs. It's never fun to be a 3rd wheel, so you can always bring along a few of your single girls to the hangouts with your dating friends. That way, you'll always have someone else to talk to. Branch out and make friends with more people. You can also ask your BFFs if you guys could have some girl time, no BFs allowed. Explain that you feel uncomfortable and need some time to just hang out with them and not their boys.
Kelly G.