Bridget M.

is modding

2 HOURS AGO You won't believe what @CodySimpson has planned for you in the new year: http://t.co/DJW7Q9hpP9

3 HOURS AGO How Santa Claus made this deaf girl's dream come true: http://t.co/UxzfjK8mLX

4 HOURS AGO #Dear Carol, people think I'm dumb, and I'm tired of it: http://t.co/YvJoLnyqcW

COMMENTS

7 real girl rules for rocking that summer fling thing

Readers share their dos ‘n’ don’ts for a sweet romance…

MOD MOD MOD okay so i just met this really awesome guy at the beach and i want it to be just a summer fling but i'm not sure if he understands that because he keeps talking about long relationships so how do i tell him or hint that once school starts i don't want a difficult long distance relationship????

Hey girl!

That's pretty tough, but you have to be honest. Just tell him that you're having a total blast with him this summer and you're so happy you met him. But say that you're just not really interested in having a long distance relationship during the school year because you know you'll both be super busy. Every guy is different so there's no telling exactly how he'll take it.

Rachael A.

by avamava on 8/6/2012 2:46:54 AM

MOD MOD MOD So I was dating this guy and I really liked him. We really clicked and he was one of those guys that won't hurt you like the rest. We're going into 8th grade and he's switching schools. He texted me a few days ago saying that he doesn't think it'd work out. He said its not really breaking up, but more like taking a break. But I know he's just saying that. He didn't even see how the long distance relationship would have worked he just gave up on the whole thing. He didn't try to save what we had. Was he just another one of the bad guys we've all dated? This was my longest relationship that I was happy with. How do I get over this?

Hey girlie,

Just because he is looking at the situation in a different way doesn't mean he's bad! He made you happy for a while and, if he wasn't switching schools, you might still be together so this wasn't a bad choice you made or any reflection of you <3 Everyone is different, and he's probably thinking about how hard the long distance will be. Especially since he's young, he probably wants to fully experience his new school without feeling like he is being pulled back to his old school. He's probably trying to give himself a fresh start - which stings right now because you don't want to break up, but actually makes a lot of sense. It's just that timing means a LOT in a relationship. There are sooo many things that have to jive together, and it isn't smart to force it if something is getting in the way - if one person is in a relationship with someone else, if you don't share each other's feelings, if distance is going to make things difficult, if your needs aren't the same or your goals for that time in your life don't match up. I know it's tough to think about, but a relationship is like a team - and if the goal of each teammate isn't the same, the team won't work. Since this was your longest relationship yet, it's going to just take time to put this behind you. You don't have to forget about him - but you WILL realize that you can live happily without him, and that there are other guys out there. It's normal to feel upset about it and it's normal to wish things worked out differently. But you can do this! <3
Lauren C.

by CristinaHoran on 7/11/2012 12:30:43 AM

so i like this dude who was in my P.E class. he talked to me every once and a while. anyways hge was friends with my bff. i was always afraid to talk to him. now that its summer i think about him alot.should i ask him out this year?????? HELP!!!!

by thattaylorgirl6 on 7/10/2012 8:22:27 PM

mod mod!
heyyy again so theres this lifeguard at this waterpark and its like a hotel thing and i was like just playing with the water and i turned and he was staring the whole time and smiled then i saw him again and he smiled randomly and kept staring then theres this other lifeguard and he remembers me from last year when i helped with a safety test and he would stare at me and now he does again lol idk but my friends think they like me wat do u think or r they just being nice because i dont really smile or anything at them

Hey girlie,

We can't be sure because we don't know him personally, but it totally sounds like he's checking you out! Do you like him? Think he's cute? If so, try stopping by next time and saying what's up. Have a casual convo with him, flirt a little, get to know him and see where it goes Smile
Lauren C.

by thepinkyyyyyyyyy on 7/9/2012 9:15:34 PM

MOD MOD
hey! so anyways theres this guy tht copied my number an stuff nd he usually stares at me but he told my friend that he likes my hair and eyecolor and thinks im sweet and that was what he looked for in a girl, do you think he likes me?
thankyaaaaa very much

Hey! There's no one way to tell if someone likes you, but if you wait it out it might just become too obvious not to know ;)

Helen S.

by thepinkyyyyyyyyy on 7/9/2012 8:34:42 PM

Yea. These tricks are great, but I don't know if I woluld do it!

by forever21.love on 6/29/2012 12:44:13 AM

I want a BF, but i'm not that great at flirting. All the guys i know, though, i don't like that way. whenever i see a cute guy, i just put my head down and pretend not to notice. do you have any tips? i'm not desperate, but i just want to mix my life up a little.

Hey girl,

If you just want to talk to guys a little more, we have tons of articles on our guys channel for that Smile Check out the tips and tricks in the article to get started! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/01/26/100-cute-things-to-say-and-do-around-guys.aspx

Meghan D.

by Nicole79 on 6/22/2012 7:01:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD ...PLz Help ME!!, Anyway I Likethis guy and he gave me is number But when I text him he never texts Back...So my friend Decided to text him and Pretend to be a dude..While they were texting I 'Accidently" called him...When I texted him saying oops pocket dial he never texted me back but continued to text my friend.. A complete stranger who's # he didn't have:c..What Do I do To ask Why He won't text me backLaughing.. I really like him

Hey girl!

That seems kinda weird since he gave you his number! Maybe he's just shy. Try not texting him for a week. Maybe he'll be disappointed to not hear from you and he'll take the time to text you himself.
Rachael A.

by Cranberryfrost on 6/22/2012 3:03:34 PM

Hey kaleidoscope_eyes, I think your best bet would be to go with Boy A. You guys are great friends, and already have that chemistry going so it won't be hard to start dating. You don't have any ways of contacting Boy B and Boy C is already in a relationship. On the bright side you can add two more cool guys to your friends list. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Mod mod mod mod!
I've had this giant crush on this boy for like seven months, but now I'm starting to like two other ones :l I don't know how to pick which oneee. Boy A is one of my friends, and we're always joking around and talking and I've liked him the longest. Boy B is really really sweet and he's had the biggest crush on me for the longest timeee and he's smart and hilarious but really hard to talk to and I don't have any contact with him. Boy C has a girlfriend butttt he's the only one I'm going to see regularly this summer. He's a really good friend too, but he goes to a different school with me and I need help picking which boy would be best! ): Lynae P.

by kaleidoscope_eyes on 6/19/2012 5:01:14 PM

okk so i have a little issue w/ my bffs....i feel that lately and will be always be that "akward third wheel". im always dragged along w/ my friends when they're with their boyfriends, and honestly im starting to get tired of it. i NEVER have a guy to bring along, but they always do. what can i do? i've talked to some of my other single bffs, but it doesnt seem to help :/ it feels like they bring me along for "support" but i end up feeling like the one who needs support, cuz im the only single one in a group of couples! any advice?

Hey babe,

Keep trying to talk with your single BFFs. It's never fun to be a 3rd wheel, so you can always bring along a few of your single girls to the hangouts with your dating friends. That way, you'll always have someone else to talk to. Branch out and make friends with more people. You can also ask your BFFs if you guys could have some girl time, no BFs allowed. Explain that you feel uncomfortable and need some time to just hang out with them and not their boys.
Kelly G.

by iheartu? on 6/15/2012 3:33:11 PM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put it where the real heart is
5. Your crush will ask you out tomorrow
6. This only works if you post it on your favorite article

by GreysonChance13 on 6/15/2012 12:59:12 PM

MOD MOD
Ok. So I've had a major crush on this guy in my grade for awhile. The problem is we almost never speak to each other, despite the fact that we have 6 out of 9 classes together. However, I occasionally catch him looking at me, then averting eye contact when he notices that I caught him (and vice versa- sometimes I'm the one staring Smile ). Another thing is that we are both extremely into similar topics (i.e. hockey, seemingly the only fans in the entire school)- so much so that friends who don't even know I like him say that we would make the prefect couple. So, first of all, do you think I have a chance, and he is slightly interested? And second, will he catch on the people think we should be a couple?
Thanks!

Hey girl,

Your best bet is just to start talking to him! You can't start a relationship based on facts - there has to be feelings, as well! Before or after one of your classes with him, strike up a convo about any of the things you have in common. Once you get talking, the rest will be easy peasy and you'll know for sure if the rumors are true that you'd make a good couple.
Kelly G.

by MartialArtsGirl on 6/15/2012 12:50:12 AM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put it where the real heart is
5. Your crush will ask you out tomorrow
6. This only works if you post it on your favorite article

by isabelle0524 on 6/14/2012 11:48:36 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a crush on a boy lets say his name is George. So George I think has a crush on me, but we only see each other at swim lessons on Monday. There is only 2 more lessons so I need a way to keep in touch. But George is awesome!! He plays piano(so do I!!Smile) he is REALLY smart!!! And he is really cute!!! Thank you MODS!!

Hey girl,

Why not invite him to a group hangout? Or ask for his #? Or invite him to practice swimming or piano sometime? Ask what his summer plans are

good luck,

simone s.
simone s.

by Cupcake_queen_101_ on 6/14/2012 8:48:09 AM

Mod
I have never ever had a crush. I don't even know what it feels like to like boys. I'm going into eighth grade after the summer, so I feel like I should have experienced a crush by now! But I still don't know how to crush on boys! Is that OK?

Hey babe,

That's completely okay!  It's normal to be more selective about your crushes (which is why you haven't had) just as much as it's normal to be boy crazy.
Jordan S.

by agathachristiebooks on 6/13/2012 8:45:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i've liked the same guy for a little over a year and he rarely texts me and only talks to me in person. And since it's summer we don't talk at all. We aren't really friends either (he wouldn't ask me to hang out). I want him to know how I feel so I can get over him because I'm almost positive he doesn't like me back and I don't want to keep wasting my time. I just don't know if I should tell him because I'm not good with serious stuff and neither is he.

Hey girl!

If you're pretty sure he doesn't like you back and you're not going to see him all summer, maybe you should move on. Focus on your plans for summer and hang out with your friends and family a lot to keep you distracted. Don't worry, there are plenty of great guys out there you WILL like you back too.
Rachael A.

by freshh123 on 6/11/2012 1:12:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a thing with a guy at my school, we flirt all the time and both like each other, but at the end of the week, school will be over. I still want to hang out with him over the summer and I have his number, but I don't know how to get him to ask me out before schools out or if I should just text him over the summer?

Hey girl,

Are you allowed to date, and will you be able to see him over the summer? If you are and want to tell him, you could hang out while you're on break! If not, you could just stay friends over the summer and see what happens when you get back to school Smile

Meghan D.

by dancedancedancee on 6/8/2012 9:59:50 PM

Mod Mod Mod
ok, so i reallly like this guy...John K. and he's in almost every class i have and he just won the american legion award at my school..so now i like him even more! A bout a month ago i had my friend tell him i like him. He said he just wants to be really good friends with me first and he doesnt want a girlfriend right now...ok ur prob thinking that i should go and become bffs with him but heres the problem. i just fount out that the same friend likes him too, plus another girl, but my friend and him are really good friends...idk what to do....he is smart, funny, and really nice to everybody
p.s- she doesnt know i know she likes him...what should i do HELP ME PLEASE I REALLY REALLY LIKE HIM AND ALL MY FRIENDS SAY WE WUD ME CUTE TOGETHER... i need to get the guy and keep my friend but how?

Hey girl,

If he doesn't like you, is it really worth losing your friend? She probably feels the same way you do! If both of you agree to move on since your friendship is more important, it's fair to both of you and you can stay friends. There will be plenty more guys down the road, so enjoy your friendship and freedom!

Meghan D.

by divasa on 6/8/2012 7:14:00 PM

Mod
My friend said that she read online that guys are less likely to date a girl of she has braces, 'cause kissing is uncomfortable...and I have braces. Is this true?
Thanks!

Hey girl,

Believe it or not, kissing with braces is possible. You may have to be a bit more careful so that he doesn't get pinched, but trust me, it doesn't make that much of a difference. No worries! Besides, if a guy doesn't want to kiss you just because you have braces, he's not worth even a peck!
Kelly G.

by Graciegang on 6/8/2012 2:32:23 PM

MOD   I like this guy and he likes me we always hang out and talk at the pool text most of the day and he calls me at night and his younger brother was talking to me and said his brother is too shy to ask me out and he said he probably wants me to make the first move since his brother is shy. But what is a first move? I know he likes me since he told me but idk what to do as a first move!

Hey girl!

Have you tried telling him that you like him too? Maybe he's unsure, which makes him even more hesitant to make the first move. If he knows he won't be rejected, then maybe he'll make a move. Next time you're hanging out, just do something to show him you really care. Just a hug or a cute nudge on his arm will show your interest.
Rachael A.

by FigureSkater08 on 6/8/2012 11:18:34 AM

ok so i get tht mods get to awnser all the questions, but how do you get to be one ? can anyone be one, or just the magaziene people?

Hey babe,

Generally mods are only girls who work for the magazine, but there's a link for you to read up more about it!

Jordan S.

by jillybean1998 on 6/6/2012 6:10:43 PM

Need advice?? well im always willing to help! Smile

by cc-time on 6/5/2012 10:01:19 AM

Is it true that guys dont like girls that are taller than them? I am taller than almost every guy in my class, they say they would date me but im too tall! Will they ever catch up?

by ihinkeldey on 6/3/2012 11:49:04 AM

hey guys! check out my site! i need some advice, answer my polls on the home page please! feel free to read my blog while you're there too Smile need advice? ask me in the comments on the site! thanks a ton girlies! imnotyouraverageteen.weebly.com

by danielle101 on 6/2/2012 10:51:17 PM

Hey sojo368, yeah I would wait until after this month. He'll probably have more free time so you guys will be able to talk and hang out. Xoxo

There was a boy in my latin class who i had a thing with. He walked me from class to my locker everyday, we really connected over the year and I was worried that over the summer our relationship would fizzle out. I gave him my number and he said he would text me this summer. He has but its been random and he takes a while to reply. (I'm talking a day or two). I know he is busy with JV basketball everyday this month but after June bball is over. Should I try and continue this relationship? HELP!!! Lynae P.

by sojo368 on 6/2/2012 12:04:17 PM

I have a crush on my bgf,and we always flirt.People always ask us if we are dating. One day my bgf's were asking him who he liked and he didn't say .when I asked if it was a popular,or not he said that I'm the only girl he would talk to (the others are kinda rude) that isn't a popular(a.k.a the.mean girls) so I asked him again and he said popular . There are about 15 of them in my class, but the first on I said he said that's who he liked and to not tell anyone. I was confused because he never talks to or about her(I'm not a stalker I always sitnext. To him in class. coincidence?)He still flirted with me and I saw him talking to his friends and pointing at me(trying to be discreet,but he is really bad about it)And he still flirts with me. What I want to know is if you think he likes me,the girl or neither? Thanks.

Hey girl,

If he says he likes the other girl, you should probably believe him -- whether or not it's true, it means he's not ready for a relationship with you right now. Stay friends with him for now, you never know what will happen in the future!

Meghan D.

by Yzzy518 on 6/2/2012 12:44:41 AM

My summer love rule is that both people should be on the same page as to how serious it is. I think this is so important because last summer my friend had been seeing this guy for about the last month of summer, and she thought it was really serious and would continue into the school year, but he ended up telling her he was too busy for a girlfriend and had never intended it to last past summer.

by supersingershannon on 6/1/2012 3:38:41 PM

So a guy kinda played me... He flirted with me and made me believe that he liked me.. well it turns out he does this to many girls. I just thought i was special ya know? He just wants to be friends. I liked him for quite sometime *and you know how you always have some crush quiz thing.. I filled ti out and every time it send he was flirting. Also, my friends said we acted so cute together. I'm just a little broken and depressed. My friends say give it sometime and he will come around. And honestly, I cant wait much longer.
PS: I started to cry while writing this. Cry
Please HELP & Sorry its so long.

Hey Girl,

some guys (and girls!) just like the fun of flirting. Summer is coming up and I'm sure you'll find a better guy who saves his flirty words just for you.

xoxo
simone s.

by Kitkatgurl44 on 5/31/2012 4:29:17 PM

@boypolar:I don't think that's weird, a lot of my friends like people they wish they knew better. Unless you mean that you saw some random guy somewhere and now you like him... then I don't think I can help you. I guess I don't understand the question...

by Fly1213 on 5/30/2012 4:42:28 PM

So my best friend M's boyfriend T is my best guy friend. But yesterday we found out that T has been cheating on M! I feel so bad for her, because with Memorial Day a few days ago, she's been really sad. (Her dad died a few years ago.) I'm unbelievably angry with T. He's my BGF, so what do I do? I wanted to tell him off but I didn't want to butt into someone else's business. M is heartbroken and I don't know how to make her feel better. What should I do? Thanks (:

Hey girl!

At first, yelling at T probably seems like the best thing to do. But he isn't worth your time. Spend your energy on cheering up M. She doesn't deserve to be treated like that, so remind her what an amazing girl and friend she is. It's easy to constantly trash-talk T, but that just gives him power. Think of fun activities to do that will help M keep her mind off the situation.
Rachael A.

by thecupcakequeen on 5/30/2012 12:15:41 PM

I dont think I would have my current bf if it werent for me being bold. I think I am the bolder more adventurous one but I dont mind because he has other great qualities.

by luckykel on 5/30/2012 11:13:25 AM

@fungirl123 and @Augie..
i dont have one either! itz okay! LOL :p

by red716 on 5/30/2012 7:48:36 AM

fungirl123, you're not alone.
#cellphoneless

by islandgirl23 on 5/30/2012 4:33:15 AM

No cell phone....

If you're looking for any good books to read that have a specific genre, or simply any good book, join my Book Recommendation Club.

by olivia192000 on 5/30/2012 3:49:28 AM

My crush is my best friends older bro...... i see him all the time but he thinks of me as a younger sister..... not having good luck with this one.... :S

by AnnaSalvatore99 on 5/30/2012 2:01:43 AM

Is it weird to like someone u don't know? I want all girls to answer me plz!!!!LUV BOYPOLAR;)

by boypolar on 5/30/2012 1:51:38 AM

Lol it's okay fungirl123 I don't have a cell phone either! Smile

by Augie on 5/30/2012 12:09:57 AM

Being bold rules. Its summer! If it doesn't work out its cool!

by rainyseattlegirl on 5/29/2012 9:19:53 PM

my crush doesn't have a phone so i won't get to see or talk to him any this summer unless he magically shows up at the mall when i'm there or something lol

by Alykat18 on 5/29/2012 9:18:11 PM

The first one doesn't really help if you don't have a cell phone. LOL Tong

Sincerely,
TheOnlyTeenagerGirlWithoutACellPhone. Smile

by fungirl123 on 5/29/2012 8:47:22 PM

The summer love rule I live by is working the digits.

by otter77 on 5/29/2012 8:45:56 PM