AN HOUR AGO Show off YOUR fab sense of style by designing a #stuckatprom dress with @theduckbrand! Click here for more deets: http://t.co/tvp0u6bvXh

2 HOURS AGO Literally can't even get over Anna and Elsa's hair! #Frozen: http://t.co/ZhxvmJkbqx

3 HOURS AGO 20 dollar sandals > everything: http://t.co/YSpawTYP4f

COMMENTS

5 sunscreen myths--busted!

Gotta-know info on your best summer beauty staple...

MOD!
Lately i've been noticing i have a really hairy stomach...how do i make that hair go away? thanks

Hey girl,

If you shave or wax your legs, you could do the same to your stomach, or you could bleach the hair so it's less noticeable. It's not too big of a deal, though -- no one sees your stomach, and a lot of girls have hair there!

Meghan D.

by cheesesticks on 6/1/2012 6:17:50 PM

Mod Mod Mod Tomorrow is my second last day od school so I want to wear my new dress. Problem is it's strapless and it only ties around my neck. I don't have a strapless bra and it looks dumb with straps. I have to change in locker room for gym so I can't wear nothing. What do I do? Please Help! Thanks(:

Hey girlie,

Do you have any bras where the straps are detachable? I know my Forever 21 bra straps come right out, so you can make it strapless in a sec! You could also wear a cardigan over it - that way, you can wear a normal bra but you can't even tell because you can't see the straps Smile
Lauren C.

by 15hayhay on 5/31/2012 9:10:35 PM

MODMODMOD
I'm 12 years old, about 157cm ish and weigh about (edited by mod) pounds. I'm really scared since I have a kind of big stomach that's about 2-3cm bigger(as in more front or away from my bones) than my private part. I'm a little wide. Should I be worried?

Hey girlie,

As long as you try to get active each day and eat a healthy, well-balanced diet without too much junk/fast/processed foods, you shouldn't be worried at all! If you have any questions about weight or developing a healthy lifestyle, be sure to ask your doctor - he/she is a professional and the only person qualified to tell ya if you're at a healthy weight Smile
Lauren C.

by animallover126 on 5/31/2012 8:08:58 PM

why am i gaining so much weight? i'm almost 5'10 and last month i was around 125 and now im 133. It doesn't look like i'm gaining weight, in fact it looks like i've lost weight. What's going on?

Hey Girl,

Your height and weight are perfectly healthy. You are actually on the thin side. As you get into your teens, your body weight redistributes and it's weight fluctuation is normal. Just focus on eating healthy and feeling good.

xoxo
simone s.

by emilyb on 5/31/2012 4:24:32 PM

MOD
So me and my besties are going to just lay in the sun this weekend and try to tan..
Will we still tan if we apply sunscreen before we start??
Thanks so much(:

Hey Girl,

Always wear your sunscreen! Remember that even a slight tan is a sign of skin damage, so try to avoid tanning.

xo
simone s.

by mookie98 on 5/31/2012 4:23:06 PM

MOD
I have curly hair that's a little past my shoulders when dry. I definitely need a haircut and was planning on getting one. I want it long for back to school though. Do you have any tips to keep it healthy and help it grow. Also, any tips on how to lengthen/elongate curls? That would be a great article. Thanks!

Hey girl

Make sure to keep your hair well moisturized, comb the knots out while conditioner is in your hair and not after, avoid straightening or dying it, try to pull it back on especially windy days (the friction isn't good for your tips!), eat healthily, and take your vitamins! You can also check out our article on curly locks and the products that we love to keep 'em healthy (http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/02/14/5-fab-hair-products-for--curly-girlies.aspx?cp=all). Good luck, and I'm sure you'll look awesome for the start of school!

Tess M.

by mzkz101 on 5/31/2012 11:54:45 AM

MOD, MOD, MOD!
Is it true that sunscreen can cause skin cancer?

Hey girl, sunscreen helps prevent against skin cancer. It doesn't cause skin cancer itself.

lauren r.

by 1092chocolatelover on 5/30/2012 8:14:45 PM

i'm sunburnt.
But i used sunscreen. the sun is just way too strong.

by Alykat18 on 5/30/2012 7:42:07 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
Is it true that spray on sunscreen is bad for your skin???

Hey girl!

Spray sunscreen does have a few negatives. Since it's hard to tell which areas of your skin you've thoroughly covered and which you haven't, it's easy to miss a spot. The bare skin can get burned. Also, if you do use a spray sunscreen, make sure to use it in a well-ventilated area so you don't breathe it in!
Rachael A.