12 HOURS AGO Is your best friend a true friend? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/oqUldKXc7j

15 HOURS AGO Spring rolls anyone!? This recipe is amazeballs: http://t.co/6NEPSeFm3o

16 HOURS AGO 10+ ways to pump up your boring ponytail: http://t.co/fryFYM1JmK

COMMENTS

Bikini blues: Guys won't stop gawking!

I'm more developed for my age, and boys only seem to be interested in that. What do I do?

same problemFrown im 12 and have been a 34c since about fifth grade and im really tall for 12(5'8). that is why i only go to the pool with my girlfriends. this article is pretty helpful thanks GLSmile

by SKYRIM78 on 5/31/2012 10:58:32 AM

Featherr: I am kind of on your side. BUT i would say "when ever you feel uncomfortable just put on a t shirt and just remember do what U think is right." Sarah510:GL is just giving her advise!!!! that does not mean that she HAS to do what they say. Just remember BE WHO YOU WANT TO BE!!!!

by ceceandrocky20 on 5/31/2012 10:44:58 AM

Ok so I want to be a singer/songwriter when i grow up but i also want to be a baker. I have already written a few songs but i also know a lot about baking. How do i find out which is right for me? And a shout out to the girl of the story above: I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!! exsept it is my hight. YOU R NOT ALONE!!!!!

Hey chica!

So much talent in one girl! So, you won't have to pick your profession until wayyyyy later, and everyone LOVES having a baker and singer as a friend, so just keep working on both! You don't have to choose just one. Keep living your dreams, girl.

Tess M.

by ceceandrocky20 on 5/31/2012 10:31:25 AM

~ Featherr
Well I guess you can see it like that...however I can NOT.

by Sarah510 on 5/31/2012 7:00:20 AM

Just wear a one piece. I'm 13 and a 32C which is bigger than most of my friends (As and Bs) but it runs in my family. I've definitely embraced it lol. Just wear a one piece/tankini or find a bandeau bikini that goes straight across as one big band instead of two triangles. Good luck! And most of all, learn to love your body. Everyone's got things they're self conscious about. Be grateful that your "problem" is one that women all over are wishing they had lol! xx

by fireworks1071 on 5/31/2012 12:45:53 AM

@Sarah510: I don't want to start anything, but I think you should know that the GL staff know what they're doing! Like Rachael A. said, the tip to throw on a T-shirt is to make the girl "ease unwanted attention" (to quote exactly). The GL staff know firsthand what it feels like to go through puberty, and sometimes telling yourself that your body is beautiful the way it is, isn't good enough for really self-conscious girls. If GL just told "I'm Not My Body" to love who she is, that wouldn't help her! I, personally, was exactly like "I'm Not My Body" a couple years ago and when I would throw on a T-shirt I would feel so much more comfortable! If GL just told "I'm Not My Body" to love who she is, that wouldn't help her! I'm so sorry this is really long, but for people who share the feelings that Sarah510 does, please know that the advice GL gives might not be helpful for you, but for the girl with the problem, it could be a lifesaver! (:

by Featherr.♥ on 5/30/2012 11:13:49 PM

same here! Frown it's annoying to think that some guys would only like you for your body :/ but one day they'll change Smile

by kaylarocks2000 on 5/30/2012 10:13:18 PM

umm, i'm 13 and only a 34B. some people think that's an okay size, but not when every other girl in your family has had D's since they were 11. i WISH my boobs were bigger

by guitargirl7321 on 5/30/2012 8:55:46 PM

well i think girlslife gave her good advice. if you dont want boys to stare at your boobs, then dont wear a bikini, wear the tshirt instead!

by tswiftluver13 on 5/30/2012 8:21:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
OK so tomorrow im going to my 8th grade graduation pool party and im a bit self conscious about my body even though everyone says im skinny. Im 5'8 1/2 and 110 pounds but im worried about looking big in the thigh area! What should i do??? thanks Smile

Hey girl, embrace it! A have a lot of friends who would give anything to have thicker thighs. There is nothing wrong with it, its gorgeous! Try not to feel self conscious, and just let yourself enjoy the party with friends! But if you really start to feel kinda nervous, you can always grab a pair of board shorts and wear them into the pool. Relax and have fun!

lauren r.