11 HOURS AGO The truth about shaving your arm hair: http://t.co/ajzVkpuuub

14 HOURS AGO @theduckbrand challenges YOU to create & accessorize a prom outfit w/Duck Tape for a chance to #win: http://t.co/WXboQLPzjB #stuckatprom

15 HOURS AGO Oh snap! Is your mom snooping in your diary?! http://t.co/fh6lrvL2Lp

COMMENTS

Bikini blues: Guys won't stop gawking!

I'm more developed for my age, and boys only seem to be interested in that. What do I do?

Everyone should definatly be proud of their body, it's a large part of Y-O-U! but, i don't understand when this should even be an issue. why should girls wear a bikini and show so much of their body?? i mean, what's the difference between that and walking outside in a bra and underwear on a hot day??? None really except one is for swimming and the other isn't. I know this is not a popular opinion at all, but it's something to think about...

by Kstar101 on 5/30/2012 6:45:48 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I really, and honestly believe that GL needs a makeover. You're making girls worry about weight, push their bodies to the limit and starve themselves to death. And this answer was just wrong. Telling this poor, now crying girl to throw a t-shirt over her self??? You should have said to be proud of her body, that she is really pretty and not to care what other people think.

Hey girl!

We never want our readers to feel self-conscious about their bodies or practice unsafe eating habits. The suggestion to throw a t-shirt on is just one way that she can feel more comfortable in awkward situations. Of course we think she should be proud of her body. Every girl should be! She shouldn't care what any of those silly boys think, but if they're making her so uncomfortable she would rather leave the pool or beach, that's one way she can ease unwanted attention. Thanks for voicing your opinion!
Rachael A.

by Sarah510 on 5/30/2012 4:32:05 PM

i know how she feels, I'm a 36C, and i usually have a sweatshirt on at skool, because without one on, boys like me 4 that, i want them to like me for who i am, not my cherry trees, and I'm not the skinniest person, I wish i was skinny, but I'm comfortable with who i am, so i could wear bikinis even though I'm not that skinny, cuz really, who do i have to impress with my body? its what matters on the inside not the outside. Smile be comfortable with your body honey buns <3 you only get one till the next life <3 <3 <3

by angie333 on 5/30/2012 4:12:27 PM

I really dislike the way GL responded to this. Guys are being pigs and looking at her body, and they advise her to cover it up? She should be proud of her body, not hiding it! They should be giving her advice on how to respond to the situation, not how to avoid confrontation.

This is why I read Rookie.

by changingfaces on 5/30/2012 3:55:36 PM

thats exactly my situation -_-

by bunniac13 on 5/30/2012 3:47:51 PM

this story completely describes me! xept im not skinny so i cant wear bikinis

by lilmissamazing on 5/30/2012 3:28:15 PM

I feel bad for this girl! Frown She must feel so self-cconscience about herself! Although I feel self-conscience aboyt my small bra size! I am only 12 but I am only a AA36 (double a) I know I shouldn't care but it still bugs me...

by BabyDahl13 on 5/30/2012 3:25:58 PM