6 HOURS AGO 5 quick and delish breakfasts for those rushed school mornings: http://t.co/nXdvamToKK

9 HOURS AGO 3 teas to cure your cold: http://t.co/zYSGlhia8d

9 HOURS AGO Happy Halloween! #turnup #hocuspocus #halloween http://t.co/6wS0e0H4cs

COMMENTS

Bikini blues: Guys won't stop gawking!

I'm more developed for my age, and boys only seem to be interested in that. What do I do?

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 17 I weigh 134.2 I am average height 5'2" but I wear a size 34A bra that is too small for my age and weight and height I really want bigger boobs
My 14 year old sister is a 34D she is 5'1" and weighs 115 I don't get how she can be way smaller than me but with bigger boobs ( oh and we got our bra sizes checked at Victoria secret)
Is there any way to get them bigger I mean it is so embarrassing in the summer when all the guys think your 14 year old sister is older than you
Or is there any way I can look older? Please help me I swear if you were me you would hate being compared to your little sister too
It's so bad we have to go to different schools!

by Ooothatgirl on 6/2/2013 7:44:26 PM

I have a similar issue. I am almost 13 and my breasts are really big. Like a cup size B! Also, I have a bikini, and I can see my nipples thought since its a kid bikini without padding. What do I do about this?

Hey girlie,

I would talk to your mom about shopping for a new top that has lining in it so you'll have more protection. I'm sure she would understand if you explain the issue!

Meghan D.

by AGirl123 on 4/28/2013 12:51:21 AM

that happens

I'm only 13 and my mom always says "those guys r checking u out!" and they're like way older than me! Well, it does help boost self confidence i guess and it's better than being bullied

by ColosalMascara on 8/30/2012 11:21:59 AM

I have the same problem. Its terrible. And some of my closest friends are boys and they stare too and are awkward. I have like two guy friends that don't out of 10.

by romanticbookworm13 on 8/27/2012 12:08:19 PM

Same here..at school, in my grade ive got the biggest butt and boobs and they just stare and i feel violated i guess. Theyball like me and the other girls hate me for it but i cant help it! Seems awesome, but it really isnt. Frown

by cuddlebug143 on 8/7/2012 5:55:54 PM

Hey guys, so I get crushes, like every normal girl, but unlike everyone else, no one ever likes me back. I was in love with this guy on my lacrosse team for about 6 months, but he never noticed me. Idk how to talk to guys and I'm not exactly sure how to flirt either. Does anyone have any suggestions? People tell me I'm pretty, but I need to know how to go the extra mile in that I want guys to notice me! Pleasepleaseplease help me...!!!
Xoxo, Austiyn Smile)

by DreamOfLuv on 7/16/2012 8:23:14 PM

Thats to bad but exactly what are you wearig maybe you shoupd get a tankini or a cover up and tell them to leave you alone or give hem attitude

by zania on 7/15/2012 4:24:57 AM

Whoever this happens to, call the boys out. Tell them they suck. The commodification of women's bodies in this culture is awful.

by peaches and raspberries on 7/14/2012 1:05:13 PM

Okay, so I did cheerleading in eighth grade, but didn't try out my freshman year. I wasn't sure if that was totally me yet. But now, we will have a new coach this year, and I'm thinking of trying out. The only thing that's stopping me is what people are going to think. I'm the quiet/nice/smart girl at school, and I'm not popular, but not completely at the bottom. I want to try out because I think cheerleading is fun and lets me break out of my shell. But what if people think I'm trying to get popular? Should I still try out?

Hey girl! You should definitely tryout!  Cheerleading will totally help you to break out of your shell.  If people talk, ignore it and eventually it will die down.  People usually only gossip about others if they're jealous!  Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by cats-r-the-best on 7/5/2012 11:32:09 AM

by cats-r-the-best on 7/5/2012 11:25:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
so i went to the bahamas and me and my sisters met these guys from indiana and they were 18 and i am 13 and one of their names were taylor and i have been having dreams about him everynight and all of them are him giving me his # and hugging me and being all lovey dovey and now i cant stop thinking about him!! please help!!!

Hey girl!

Ah yes, summer crushes. Hate to break it to you, but your chances of seeing this hottie again are pretty slim (but maybe you could go back to the Bahamas!). Summer crushes can be so memorable and amazing. There's nothing wrong with having dreams about him and reminiscing--it's something to always remember. As time passes you'll stop thinking about him (but always have the memory of him). If he knows your name, maybe he'll friend you on facebook (or you could friend him). Just be careful not to seem to pushy and annoying. Friending him on Facebook is one thing...chatting him every day is another. Sweet dreams babe! ♥

Catherine C.

by iloveonedirection on 6/25/2012 3:50:48 PM

Ugh not 23 I'm 13 oops... Epic fail

by Peacerox21 on 6/25/2012 12:36:03 PM

Ugh that happens to me I'm 23 and a 32C and have to wear Levi's supreme curve jeans ugh! I just wear board shorts over my swimsuit or boyshorts and a bandeau tankini that is a halter because it allows for more boob coverage. Guys never notice me until I wear a swimsuit too! It gets annoying but I just know they're perverted and immature and they'll gets over and that theyre not worth my time at the moment.

by Peacerox21 on 6/25/2012 12:35:39 PM

Lots of people WANT to look older think of yourself lucky and stay happy and just think how this can be a PRO not a CON.

by OrangeR on 6/23/2012 11:10:13 PM

So my BGF likes me, and i've thought about it. the real thing that bothers me though is he's being all romantic about it, saying things like "i would do anything for you," and "i would change for you,". its really creeping me out and i don't like him like that, but i also don't want to hurt his feelings. Help!

Hey girl,

If you don't like him, you need to tell him the truth -- it will only hurt him more if you lead him on and he finds out later! Tell him you like him as a friend and want to maintain your friendship, but that you're not interested in being anything more right now.

Meghan D.

by Nicole79 on 6/22/2012 6:48:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I feel bad because I haven't been on this site in like forever but I really need help...a few days ago I was raped by my bestest (guy) friend...I finally told my parents the day after (the guilt was eating me alive) and they took me to the hospital and the police were called and all that stuff..it's just that I'm scared I'm pregnant. I had to take the plan B pill but my gut feeling is just not going away...do you think it's really my gut feeling or is it my mind playing games with me...?? thank you so much<3

Hey girl,

I can only imagine how tough things are for you. Because we wish

you only the best, it’s extremely important that you speak to a trusted

adult, such as a family member, doctor, guidance counselor, teacher,

etc. ♥, Your Blog Patrol Babes

Also, for additional help, check out: http://www.girlslife.com/post/

2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Meghan D.

by jdizzle09 on 6/8/2012 5:56:20 PM

MOD
I feel like an option to my family. My brother has ADHD and a couple other things related to that and he's taking tons of medication for it but it doesn't really work. He's been causing so much trouble that my mom and dad (particularly my mom) are at their breaking points. It's just that they spend so much time on my brother that I'm being pushed to the side. Whatever I'm doing it's always "what about Matthew?" I can go and do almost anything and my parents only care about Matt. It makes me depressed knowing they care more about him than me. My other family tells me that they still love me but I find it hard to believe. My mom gets angry at me a lot and she's called me a variety of mean words (common ones are "ungrateful, lazy, and b*tch"). I've learned to ignore them mostly but sometimes it can make me spiral into depression. Telling my mom isn't an option. She just says I'm vying for attention and to get over myslelf. At one point about a year ago I even considered suicide!

Hey babe,

If you're still considering suicide, please please please seek professional help immediately. Check out this link: Have a serious problem to deal with? and look under the depression section. Perhaps you can talk to some of your other family members about what's going on at home, or a trusted adult like your BFF's mom. Or, talk to your dad about how your mom is hurting you like that. You need to talk to an adult who can help you with your depression.
Kelly G.

by peaceluvhappiness711 on 6/8/2012 3:55:04 PM

mod mod mod!
So i'm really tall for my age and thats all guys seem to notice about me. I am 5'8 and i'm taller than all the guys in my grade. A normal day consists of getting called "sasquatch" and "freakishly tall giant" and before i didn't let it get to me but now i don't know what to do. The guy I like a lot said to my face he won't go out with me because I am too tall. what do i do?

Hey Girl,

Believe it or not, but those guys are just insecure! Most guys wish they were taller. Soon they'll catch up to you in height and the names will stop. If you ever feel bad about it, just check out any fashion mag for reassurance that tall girls are great!

Simone S.
simone s.

by SuperSwimmer1 on 6/7/2012 3:48:02 PM

So I like think guy but I'm not sure if he likes me. Ok so sometimes he can be really sweet and nice like when someone's mean to me he's there for me and he looks really concerned and things Iike that, and I've never seen him act like that with someone else but i may just not notice. But other times he doesn't talk to me at all and acts different around me he will be like really talkitive with other girls, but isn't around me. What does this mean does he like as a friend, or does he have a crush on me, or non of the above?

Hey Girl!

I totally understand why you're super confused because it is hard to tell! If he's there for you, but ignores you around other girls he may just be looking out for you as a friend. You don't want to date someone that isn't gonna talk to you around other people anyway! It's also possible that he's just outgoing and loves talking to people!

SarahO.

by Beachlover1417 on 6/5/2012 12:55:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
This is irrelevant; sorry. I have a huge problem. I used to be in the same kindergarten class as this guy, then he moved that summer. In middle school we met again, and a while ago (beginning of 9th grade) we started dating. My mom used to be good friends with his mom and told me a lot that she knew about her (like his mom's first husband). Problem is I tried to tell him that I knew this stuff, but he doesn't know ANYTHING about it. I said, "i know about your mom's first husband.." and he responded with, "What..? she had a first husband?" That's when I had to pretend I was kidding. We never keep secrets or anything from each other so that we can build this relationship on trust. I don't know what to do with it and I don't want him to be mad at me later on for keeping it from him. I would talk to his mom about it, but she's always too busy to talk to. Any advice would greatly be appreciated! <3

Hey! This is really tough. I don't think you should have tried to talk to him about this to begin with, because that's his family's business, but now that you've mentioned it it would be a lie to pretend you don't know. If he brings it up again, tell the truth, but otherwise you should probably stay silent on the subject.

Helen S.

by aneesha289 on 6/4/2012 7:15:56 PM

I have a friend who keeps saying she is planning on wearing a thong bikini to one of our future pool parties. I could only imagine the talk that will go around when and if that happens. Part of me thinks she is serious about it.

by luckykel on 6/4/2012 2:00:19 PM

i love to dress in clothes that make me feel comfortable and pretty. EVERY GIRL DESERVES RESPECT FOR THEMSELVES. we are not objects. luckily, i am not that big in the chest, but still i like to wear swimsuits that have some coverage........because a really nice guy will love u for who u are, not your bod.

by ego4fashion on 6/3/2012 1:16:24 AM

Hey TennisGal13, I know the girls you're talking about. At your age girls are going through puberty and interested in the way their bodies are developing. Young ladies are also becoming attracted to boys and they make think the only way to get attention is to wear revealing outfits. I'm glad that you are confident and wear what makes you comfortable. It's so much better to be a leader than a follower. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Why are there sooo many sluts these dahs? There are girls at my school that come to school in shorts up to their but ad thin strap tanks soo low cut if you can walk by you can see down their tank and push-up bra. Then there are the ones that are too worried about getting dress code and do a safe slut which is when they wear tight which doesnt break leg dress code, along with a tight shirt that makes there boobs stick out which also doesnt break dresscode. It seems like these girls had no dignity and self rescpect. They dress like a prostetute or hooker and worse it that their parents must nit care. It takes skill to come to school dressed like a hoochie ma without guikt. I came to school in a kind of lowcut shirt that showed my bra, along with skinny jeans and i felt so uncomfkrtable with my boobs sticking out and showing a tiny TINY bit.
Love, Christa a.k.a. TennisGal13 Lynae P.

by TennisGal13 on 6/2/2012 3:42:22 AM

No offense ut girl you should chill because my BFG is at least like a DD if not bigger i swear she got some VERY BIG BIG BIG ONES its like craycray and she can handle it but next year at the end of the year ee have a beach day with all girls and boys and she's gonna havr to wear a bikini in front kf the boys at our school and hers are at LEAST a DD and everyone knows it and shes not that concious about it. She excepts that the size of her boobs combined is probabky bigger then the size of her head. If she can go through it i gave full faith that you can too.

by TennisGal13 on 6/2/2012 3:34:30 AM

Same storg kinda. So me and my friends were on a fieldtrip to the zoo to learn about animals and their scientific names and there was a tall, curly-haired, brunetw, hot tennage boy walking around with his not as hot or even cute friend. He was shirtless with his shirt around his neck and his pants sagging in that sexy way. We all could help running to find our friends and show him to them because he was cute and as a teenager our hormones develope and there are some things we just cant help being attracted to in a guy. Vice-versa of your situation.

by TennisGal13 on 6/2/2012 3:26:17 AM

They are guys and thats what they do. I know when I see a cute guy just with nothing on but his swimshorts, no shirt, and he has a nice body I look. So do almost all of my friends, its just what we do when we are this age. I would just cover up if you dont want them to look. I have friends who wear very revealing swimsuits and they get all the attention to.

by luckykel on 6/1/2012 9:43:24 AM

MODMODMOD:
okay so I've had my period since march and today I tried my first tampon because tomorrow I'm going to my friends pool and I have my period. It feels kind of uncomfortable, especially if I sit and I'm wondering if there's something wrong

Hey girlie,

You probably just didn't push it in far enough - no biggie! You might still be aware you're wearing a tampon (and your bod does have to adjust to it before you feel 100% comfy), but if it hurts or feels strange, you probably have to push the tampon farther in (til your fingertips are touching your body) before you push the tube to release the tampon inside. Keep practicing - you'll get it! Smile

Lauren C.

by mayaboo1998 on 5/31/2012 5:10:38 PM

@Sarah510

I don't want to start a fight but I personally think GL was only trying to help her. They NEVER tell any girl to starve herself or to not love their body. They encourage girls to love themselves. Just because you can't relate to this article and it may seem bad this may help this girl to be much more comfortable.

by bubbles3956 on 5/31/2012 3:35:10 PM

Here another tip: whenever you get a guy looking at you, put on a brave and tough face to demostrate them that you are NOT a piece of meat and that them going to you just because of your body does not makes you any happy. And if they keep looking at you tell them somethin like ''what are you looking at?!'' or talk to their moms,when they don't see,about their foolish behavior. Good luck girl!!

by kraCy 4 TaylorLautner xD on 5/31/2012 2:50:17 PM

My chest is bigger than most girls my age, so i wear a nice bathing suit with a super cute cover-up over it!! Some cover-ups can get wet, so I just keep it on the whole time!! It helps Smile

by LexiLala:) on 5/31/2012 11:35:20 AM

same problemFrown im 12 and have been a 34c since about fifth grade and im really tall for 12(5'8). that is why i only go to the pool with my girlfriends. this article is pretty helpful thanks GLSmile

by SKYRIM78 on 5/31/2012 10:58:32 AM

Featherr: I am kind of on your side. BUT i would say "when ever you feel uncomfortable just put on a t shirt and just remember do what U think is right." Sarah510:GL is just giving her advise!!!! that does not mean that she HAS to do what they say. Just remember BE WHO YOU WANT TO BE!!!!

by ceceandrocky20 on 5/31/2012 10:44:58 AM

Ok so I want to be a singer/songwriter when i grow up but i also want to be a baker. I have already written a few songs but i also know a lot about baking. How do i find out which is right for me? And a shout out to the girl of the story above: I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!! exsept it is my hight. YOU R NOT ALONE!!!!!

Hey chica!

So much talent in one girl! So, you won't have to pick your profession until wayyyyy later, and everyone LOVES having a baker and singer as a friend, so just keep working on both! You don't have to choose just one. Keep living your dreams, girl.

Tess M.

by ceceandrocky20 on 5/31/2012 10:31:25 AM

~ Featherr
Well I guess you can see it like that...however I can NOT.

by Sarah510 on 5/31/2012 7:00:20 AM

Just wear a one piece. I'm 13 and a 32C which is bigger than most of my friends (As and Bs) but it runs in my family. I've definitely embraced it lol. Just wear a one piece/tankini or find a bandeau bikini that goes straight across as one big band instead of two triangles. Good luck! And most of all, learn to love your body. Everyone's got things they're self conscious about. Be grateful that your "problem" is one that women all over are wishing they had lol! xx

by fireworks1071 on 5/31/2012 12:45:53 AM

@Sarah510: I don't want to start anything, but I think you should know that the GL staff know what they're doing! Like Rachael A. said, the tip to throw on a T-shirt is to make the girl "ease unwanted attention" (to quote exactly). The GL staff know firsthand what it feels like to go through puberty, and sometimes telling yourself that your body is beautiful the way it is, isn't good enough for really self-conscious girls. If GL just told "I'm Not My Body" to love who she is, that wouldn't help her! I, personally, was exactly like "I'm Not My Body" a couple years ago and when I would throw on a T-shirt I would feel so much more comfortable! If GL just told "I'm Not My Body" to love who she is, that wouldn't help her! I'm so sorry this is really long, but for people who share the feelings that Sarah510 does, please know that the advice GL gives might not be helpful for you, but for the girl with the problem, it could be a lifesaver! (:

by Featherr.♥ on 5/30/2012 11:13:49 PM

same here! Frown it's annoying to think that some guys would only like you for your body :/ but one day they'll change Smile

by kaylarocks2000 on 5/30/2012 10:13:18 PM

umm, i'm 13 and only a 34B. some people think that's an okay size, but not when every other girl in your family has had D's since they were 11. i WISH my boobs were bigger

by guitargirl7321 on 5/30/2012 8:55:46 PM

well i think girlslife gave her good advice. if you dont want boys to stare at your boobs, then dont wear a bikini, wear the tshirt instead!

by tswiftluver13 on 5/30/2012 8:21:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
OK so tomorrow im going to my 8th grade graduation pool party and im a bit self conscious about my body even though everyone says im skinny. Im 5'8 1/2 and 110 pounds but im worried about looking big in the thigh area! What should i do??? thanks Smile

Hey girl, embrace it! A have a lot of friends who would give anything to have thicker thighs. There is nothing wrong with it, its gorgeous! Try not to feel self conscious, and just let yourself enjoy the party with friends! But if you really start to feel kinda nervous, you can always grab a pair of board shorts and wear them into the pool. Relax and have fun!

lauren r.

by dojhallow97 on 5/30/2012 7:10:03 PM

Everyone should definatly be proud of their body, it's a large part of Y-O-U! but, i don't understand when this should even be an issue. why should girls wear a bikini and show so much of their body?? i mean, what's the difference between that and walking outside in a bra and underwear on a hot day??? None really except one is for swimming and the other isn't. I know this is not a popular opinion at all, but it's something to think about...

by Kstar101 on 5/30/2012 6:45:48 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I really, and honestly believe that GL needs a makeover. You're making girls worry about weight, push their bodies to the limit and starve themselves to death. And this answer was just wrong. Telling this poor, now crying girl to throw a t-shirt over her self??? You should have said to be proud of her body, that she is really pretty and not to care what other people think.

Hey girl!

We never want our readers to feel self-conscious about their bodies or practice unsafe eating habits. The suggestion to throw a t-shirt on is just one way that she can feel more comfortable in awkward situations. Of course we think she should be proud of her body. Every girl should be! She shouldn't care what any of those silly boys think, but if they're making her so uncomfortable she would rather leave the pool or beach, that's one way she can ease unwanted attention. Thanks for voicing your opinion!
Rachael A.

by Sarah510 on 5/30/2012 4:32:05 PM

i know how she feels, I'm a 36C, and i usually have a sweatshirt on at skool, because without one on, boys like me 4 that, i want them to like me for who i am, not my cherry trees, and I'm not the skinniest person, I wish i was skinny, but I'm comfortable with who i am, so i could wear bikinis even though I'm not that skinny, cuz really, who do i have to impress with my body? its what matters on the inside not the outside. Smile be comfortable with your body honey buns <3 you only get one till the next life <3 <3 <3

by angie333 on 5/30/2012 4:12:27 PM

I really dislike the way GL responded to this. Guys are being pigs and looking at her body, and they advise her to cover it up? She should be proud of her body, not hiding it! They should be giving her advice on how to respond to the situation, not how to avoid confrontation.

This is why I read Rookie.

by changingfaces on 5/30/2012 3:55:36 PM

thats exactly my situation -_-

by bunniac13 on 5/30/2012 3:47:51 PM

this story completely describes me! xept im not skinny so i cant wear bikinis

by lilmissamazing on 5/30/2012 3:28:15 PM

I feel bad for this girl! Frown She must feel so self-cconscience about herself! Although I feel self-conscience aboyt my small bra size! I am only 12 but I am only a AA36 (double a) I know I shouldn't care but it still bugs me...

by BabyDahl13 on 5/30/2012 3:25:58 PM