14 HOURS AGO Bust out a brand new you! How, you may ask? We have all the answers right here!: http://t.co/hC70M42weR

15 HOURS AGO Who run the world? Girls (& tampons)!: http://t.co/sF2jsA3yCU

15 HOURS AGO RT @Amber_Montana: Thanks for including me in your magazine this month @girlslifemag! pic.twitter.com/i536Du2w8k

COMMENTS

Hair and makeup tricks for sittin' pretty poolside

We’ve rounded up some fab products and quick tips to make getting ready for the pool or beach a total breeze.

Mod,
Ok, so I have brown, shoulder length hair. Its pretty curly when wet, and I have to wash it everyday, sometimes more, because of practice. So I usually shower before I go to bed and when I wake up, its dry and curly and frizzy. I play sports and usually have to were it in a bun, because a ponytail all frizzy. What should I do to make it less frizzy, or some other hair styles I could try? Thanks

Hey olivefinn, try purchasing some anti-frizz shampoo to reduce all the kinks. Do you ever straighten it? Try straightening it and throwing it into a ponytail for practice. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by olive finn on 12/28/2012 8:35:50 PM

All this stuff is really cool, but I'm on a tight budget with little to no freedom. Ugh! LOL

by cheetah#1 on 7/25/2012 10:04:35 PM

Where can you find very cheap makeup, like foundation, mascara, and such for under $5?

Hey Girl,

try a drugstore or Target

good luck!

Simone S.

by Penny109 on 7/17/2012 4:49:06 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Last year towards the end of the year A LOT of girls were wearing makeup this year I want too wear makeup to my mom is okay with it and everything but my bff isn't allowed to wear make up not even at home so I feel bad about wearing makeup around her so how in the world am I supposed to wear make up to school?

Hey girlie,

That's so sweet that you're keeping your bestie in mind! But you also shouldn't miss out on everything just because your BFF isn't allowed yet. It'd be one thing if you wanted to go to a concert and she couldn't come - maybe you'd wanna skip it, just so you can spend time together instead. But with makeup, it's sooo easy to use it and not make a big deal about it! First, keep it natural - concealer, mascara, and lipgloss are really all you need Smile And try not to talk about it too much around her, especially if it seems to make her jealous/uncomfy. I'm sure there are other friends you could gossip with/ask for makeup tips, right? So just be careful about rubbing it in her face and you'll be totally fine! <3 Plus, you never know when she'll be allowed to use makeup - it could be really soon!

Lauren C.

by sallybally01 on 7/15/2012 12:41:37 PM

MOD
I want to find the perfect beach lip tint but i'm not sure what color would the best for my skin tone and eyes...P.S i have olive skin and hazel/dark green eyes. Thank you!

Hey cutie!

I would recommend a pretty light pink (, or even a neutral tint (beige or apricot) if you don't want to seem like you have makeup on. You'd probably be surprised how many different lip colors can look amazing on you, so your best bet is to try a bunch of them out and see what you like best.

Catherine C.

by krazyangel1006 on 6/25/2012 1:09:29 PM

come check out my advice queen page!

I've tried Great Lash waterproof mascara in the pool, and let me say- not so waterproof. you get black circles under your eyes, but its fine for anywhere else!

by Nicole79 on 6/22/2012 6:15:46 PM

Mod mod mod!
What's a good brand Of waterproof mascara ( not Clinique Or sephora) Thanks!

Hey girl,

I use Revlon waterproof mascara. It stays on and lengthens my lashes! It's pretty cheap, too!
Kelly G.

by Emmalouhoo2 on 6/13/2012 7:56:25 AM

MOD!
what places sell cheap lipgloss and eyeliner

Hey! Drugstores like cvs and Walgreens can be pretty cheap, maybe also try Claire's too?
Helen S.

by mustachio54 on 6/12/2012 5:05:53 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
what kind of makeup is okay for a 13 year old and how do i ask my mom to start wearing makeup

Hey! I would say lipgloss and eyeliner occasionally. Just be direct with your mom, and try to reach a compromise you both feel ok with. Good luck!
Helen S.

by mustachio54 on 6/12/2012 4:58:54 PM

Any recommendations on how to get waves that aren't crunchy with hairspray but stay? I have stick straight hair with layers and blunt bangs. I'm willing to try almost anything at this point...

by AlSal on 6/3/2012 5:05:29 PM