2 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

3 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

4 HOURS AGO Because who doesn't want the recipe for the world's greatest carrot cake? http://t.co/7zWmJLIVHv

COMMENTS

Hair and makeup tricks for sittin' pretty poolside

We’ve rounded up some fab products and quick tips to make getting ready for the pool or beach a total breeze.

Mod,
Ok, so I have brown, shoulder length hair. Its pretty curly when wet, and I have to wash it everyday, sometimes more, because of practice. So I usually shower before I go to bed and when I wake up, its dry and curly and frizzy. I play sports and usually have to were it in a bun, because a ponytail all frizzy. What should I do to make it less frizzy, or some other hair styles I could try? Thanks

Hey olivefinn, try purchasing some anti-frizz shampoo to reduce all the kinks. Do you ever straighten it? Try straightening it and throwing it into a ponytail for practice. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by olive finn on 12/28/2012 8:35:50 PM

All this stuff is really cool, but I'm on a tight budget with little to no freedom. Ugh! LOL

by cheetah#1 on 7/25/2012 10:04:35 PM

Where can you find very cheap makeup, like foundation, mascara, and such for under $5?

Hey Girl,

try a drugstore or Target

good luck!

Simone S.

by Penny109 on 7/17/2012 4:49:06 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Last year towards the end of the year A LOT of girls were wearing makeup this year I want too wear makeup to my mom is okay with it and everything but my bff isn't allowed to wear make up not even at home so I feel bad about wearing makeup around her so how in the world am I supposed to wear make up to school?

Hey girlie,

That's so sweet that you're keeping your bestie in mind! But you also shouldn't miss out on everything just because your BFF isn't allowed yet. It'd be one thing if you wanted to go to a concert and she couldn't come - maybe you'd wanna skip it, just so you can spend time together instead. But with makeup, it's sooo easy to use it and not make a big deal about it! First, keep it natural - concealer, mascara, and lipgloss are really all you need Smile And try not to talk about it too much around her, especially if it seems to make her jealous/uncomfy. I'm sure there are other friends you could gossip with/ask for makeup tips, right? So just be careful about rubbing it in her face and you'll be totally fine! <3 Plus, you never know when she'll be allowed to use makeup - it could be really soon!

Lauren C.

by sallybally01 on 7/15/2012 12:41:37 PM

MOD
I want to find the perfect beach lip tint but i'm not sure what color would the best for my skin tone and eyes...P.S i have olive skin and hazel/dark green eyes. Thank you!

Hey cutie!

I would recommend a pretty light pink (, or even a neutral tint (beige or apricot) if you don't want to seem like you have makeup on. You'd probably be surprised how many different lip colors can look amazing on you, so your best bet is to try a bunch of them out and see what you like best.

Catherine C.

by krazyangel1006 on 6/25/2012 1:09:29 PM

come check out my advice queen page!

I've tried Great Lash waterproof mascara in the pool, and let me say- not so waterproof. you get black circles under your eyes, but its fine for anywhere else!

by Nicole79 on 6/22/2012 6:15:46 PM

Mod mod mod!
What's a good brand Of waterproof mascara ( not Clinique Or sephora) Thanks!

Hey girl,

I use Revlon waterproof mascara. It stays on and lengthens my lashes! It's pretty cheap, too!
Kelly G.

by Emmalouhoo2 on 6/13/2012 7:56:25 AM

MOD!
what places sell cheap lipgloss and eyeliner

Hey! Drugstores like cvs and Walgreens can be pretty cheap, maybe also try Claire's too?
Helen S.

by mustachio54 on 6/12/2012 5:05:53 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
what kind of makeup is okay for a 13 year old and how do i ask my mom to start wearing makeup

Hey! I would say lipgloss and eyeliner occasionally. Just be direct with your mom, and try to reach a compromise you both feel ok with. Good luck!
Helen S.

by mustachio54 on 6/12/2012 4:58:54 PM

Any recommendations on how to get waves that aren't crunchy with hairspray but stay? I have stick straight hair with layers and blunt bangs. I'm willing to try almost anything at this point...

by AlSal on 6/3/2012 5:05:29 PM

Miss moderator!
I have pale skin and freckles. I love myself, but lately I've been getting somewhat insecure about my dots. They're not just around my nose, but my face has a few freckles in different places! How do I except them?

Hey girl,

Freckles are great, I wish I had more of them! Remember how cute Lindsay Lohan was with freckles? You can cover them up with foundation if you really want to, but you should accept them because they make you unique and special Smile

Meghan D.

by Effervescent on 6/1/2012 7:49:51 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
Two Things.
I need a good straightner that is fairly cheap. Is there anywhere online that would have it?
I also have a school trip that is 2 nights and 3 days. What should I pack? (PS There is swimming, hiking, and a dance.)
Thanks! I love your magazine and you rock!

Hey girl,

Target and Ulta have a variety of straighteners for various prices, so ask the people working there to help you find one that's right for your hair! If you're going swimming and hiking, don't forget a bathing suit, sunscreen and comfortable shoes, and something cute (maybe a skirt or jeans and a cute top!) to wear to the dance. Have fun!

Meghan D.

by greenbluepurple1 on 6/1/2012 6:40:30 PM

i have the sugar lip treatment and it tastes soo good! also the mascara is amazing <3

by tswiftluver13 on 6/1/2012 1:03:54 AM

murad concealer is the bomb: totally worth the price. i LOVE it.

by soccerlover99 on 6/1/2012 12:35:53 AM

cute waterproof mascara in black or brown, cheap? do u know where i can get some? thanks so much!
xoxo,
natalie :<)

Hey Girlie,

For low priced mascara, check out your local drug store. Their wares are typically on the less expensive side, and they are usually on sale too!! If you want to find brand-name mascara on the cheap side, try an outlet mall in your area.

xoxo

simone s.

by soccerlover99 on 6/1/2012 12:31:35 AM

Everyone follow me on instagram! @raininglovex I'm almost to 100 followers(: I always follow back! Thanks so much xoxo

by fireworks1071 on 5/31/2012 9:21:18 PM

I really need some waterproof mascara! And I really need to try that hair spray, too. (: Great tips!

by teamjacob0625 on 5/31/2012 9:14:22 PM

GL... I do not have $129 to spend on makeup!!!! I love the looks but could you try to make the looks more affordable.

by stargede on 5/31/2012 8:29:30 PM

everyone i am now an advice queen so go to my profile and on the club page there is a pic of a heart click it and ask me anything! i would love to answer your questions! i'm probably older than most of you so i can use my knowledge and experience to help you out. thanks Smile

by opptop on 5/31/2012 4:49:06 PM

I dont understand that

by SoftballGirl19 on 5/31/2012 4:28:14 PM

yeah exactly what Gabbyw123 and nrm421! most of us can't afford spending hundreds on lipstick, booty shorts that most people can't wear to school, and other stuff!

by kpianoplayer on 5/31/2012 3:56:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
This is super-duper-extremly-highly important problem, and i was wondering if you could hide the question too cuz its kinda embarassing...the thing is im pretty sure i have lice. like my head is super itchy and has been for a few days. what do i do about it?! schools like almost out (in literally a week!), but i think i have to contact the school about it and im super embaressed to. i dont want to here all the nasty things ppl say about tht one person who has lice, and i deffinately dont want ppl knowing about it. i mean im pretty confident but this is something tht might kill me...please help!

Hey girl!

I'm sorry to hear you might have lice! First, head to your doctor or school nurse to make sure you do have lice-- it could just be a case of dry scalp!

Second, if it turns out it IS lice, your dr. will probably contact your school's nurse. But that doesn't mean anyone will have to find out-- unless YOU tell them.

Try and enjoy your last week of school and stop stressin'!

simone s.

by iheartu? on 5/31/2012 3:26:48 PM

Mod!!!!!!!!!mod!!
So I always feel super ugly when I ever see an attractive celebrity. Like when I see picture if a guy with abs I feel extremely fat or when when I see a model in a catalog I become angry at myself for not being made like that. I did cross country in the fall and I took dance once every week after the cross country season was done. What's wrong with me?

Hey girl!

Don't sweat it! Props to you for going out and running cross country, that's really hard... and dancing too? Dang, girl! Everyone's body is made differently- girls probably look at you and get jealous just like you looking at these models! Nothing is wrong with you! Just keep exercising and eating right and you have nothing to worry about. Get in front of the mirror and pick three things you like about your body- don't think about the things you don't like, just the things you do! It'll make it a lot better if you can(:

Tess M.

by Icecreamluver on 5/31/2012 10:47:40 AM

guys ahhaha calm down it's not that expensive...it's so worth it i have both of those things: worth every cent!!!!
there's a difference between cost and worth!!!

by legallyginger12345 on 5/31/2012 10:39:09 AM

Do they think we just have a bunch of money lying around?! I mean really, who is gonna spend, or even has the money, to buy an almost 30 dollar mascara.....honestly...

by nrm421 on 5/31/2012 9:27:27 AM

That Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Coral looks awesome but I dot want to pay 23 bucks for LIPSTICK!

by Gabbyw123 on 5/31/2012 8:05:16 AM