12 HOURS AGO #ThatAwkwardMoment when your bestie's ex tries to hit on you...Here's how to deal: http://t.co/cNRReCECR5

15 HOURS AGO Look cool as ice in Anna & Elsa's hottest hairstyles #Frozen: http://t.co/zkJh1LxAEF

16 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

COMMENTS

Splash your way to a swimsuit bod

Cinchy moves that'll get ya toned up in no time...

So I'm 12 1/2, 5'3" and I am (edited by mod) pounds!!! I work out a lot, and in athletics, and I run but i cant seem to shake the weight! Yeah i know that muscle weighs more than fat but I do 1,000 crunches and sit-ups a day and 100 burpees and can't seem to lose any weight! Help!!!

Hey girlie,

Have you talked to your doctor about your weight concerns? The truth is, your doctor is the ONLY person who can tell you if you're over/underweight and if you need to lose weight. So if you have questions about whether you should lose weight, how to successfully lose weight if you do need to, and anything else bod-related, definitely go there first! Healthy weight loss happens when you eat a healthy and well-balanced diet (full of lots of fruits, veggies and lean proteins like chicken and fish - and NOT full of junk, processed, or fast foods) ... and then combine the diet with exercise, like jogging, brisk walking, pilates, kickboxing, swimming laps, etc. You're doing the exercise part GREAT, but remember not to overdo it. Give your bod time to rest each week and don't forget to choose healthy foods over junk foods <3
Lauren C.

by Choir-Girl99 on 6/28/2012 5:09:00 PM

I am 13, almost 5'4, and weigh 104. My mom thinks i need to weigh more but i still have belly fat and want to get rid of it but don't to lose any weight! I also need help with getting tan! I am pale and have auburn hair. I really want to get tan but whenever I try I always get burnt and then my mom gets mad! I have tried tanning oil with spf 12 and it did nothing! HELP

by kendall2 on 6/25/2012 11:58:22 PM

Like it- but kinda complicated. I can't print this out a look at it in the pool! Just sayin'.......

by HappyFeet16 on 6/15/2012 9:33:36 AM

I <3 swimming in general! Doing the dolphin kick helps tone abs. And doing the elementary backstroke helps tone legs. Regular backstroke is my fave, cuz u get to look at the clouds while swimming!

by lavlo on 6/14/2012 1:50:56 AM

i'm starting to grow underarm hair. can i use a electric razor to shave it or should i use one of the non electric ones? i really don't want to have a bunch of hair under my arms when i'm rocking a swim suit.

by sharie7 on 6/11/2012 12:12:07 PM

My end of the school year pool party is in just a few days, and i want to look perfect for it! i'm in good shape and have a flat stomach, but i was wondering if you knew any exercises to really define and tone my abs quickly for the party. thanks!

Hey girl,

Our workout page has tons of great exercises Smile And don't worry too much about how you look -- pool parties are about having fun!

Meghan D.

by glgirl18 on 6/8/2012 7:34:08 PM

I have a little baby fat left and today is the 5th grade pool party. I bought a swimsuit, but I am used to wearing rashgaurds. I look great in it, but my shoulders are extremely pale! I think I will be able to tan though, because I am allergic to sunscreen and my doc said that, because I am from Brazil, and South Africa, I should'nt burn. Is there a way to speed up the process without a fake tan? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by DRea148 on 6/7/2012 10:13:54 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
Do you have any good moves to get rid of belly fat? I know planks will tone your ab muscles, but how do I get rid of the excess fat? Thanks

Hey! just so ya know, girls’ bodies change  a ton during the teen years and weight gain is normal and restricting your diet drastically won’t actually help you lose weight. That being said I'm gonna direct you to our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Helen S.

by mwbear24 on 6/4/2012 6:59:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I really want to lose weight this summer! I've been reading a lot of health magazines and articles about eating healthy and exercising. They all give recipes and stuff with ingredients ive never even heard of. Its not like i can cook my own food at home anyway. when my parents cook a meal they expect me to eat it. I dont know what to do cus im convinced that i should be eating those healthy foods the magazines tell me to eat to lose weight. how do i lose weight just by eating the food i normally eat? i could eat less but then it leaves me hungry. I got the exercising routines down but exercising makes me even more hungry! idk what to do.

Helen S.

by caitie8 on 6/4/2012 6:13:20 PM

okay, so in the most recent issue with lucy hale, in the exercise section, there is the 30 days to a bikini-ready body.
i'm leaving for the beach in about 11 days, and while i'm already pretty slender (im 14), i'd like to tone my tummy and thighs before i go. i'm doing all of the bikini-ready moves every night (since yesterday lol) and going to the gym to run and lift weights twice a week for these next two weeks (not the first time, gone a couple weeks before).
do you think this will help?
thankss!!!!

Hey girl!

I think what you're doing can definitely help! Just stick with your routine and I'm sure you will see results. Eleven days is a pretty short period of time, so you may not see the full results you're hoping for, but keep going even after you get home from the beach! Exercising is great for you and you'll continue to see awesome results!
Rachael A.