27 MINUTES AGO Computer Engineer Barbie can't succeed without a man—no bueno 🙅:http://t.co/WemjfqTp8pp

AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway! 2 cool cats power up with a Mojo Vogue BattStation 5600 from @goibattz: http://t.co/NHrxMRKGmT

2 HOURS AGO 4 lip balms that you can actually eat: http://t.co/y3nvZba2B2

COMMENTS

Splash your way to a swimsuit bod

Cinchy moves that'll get ya toned up in no time...

**CALLING ALL JUSTIN BIEBER FANS!!**
If you L-O-V-E Justin Bieber and want a NEW Justin Bieber fanclub here at Girlslife, then join my new club-

THE...Justin Bieber FAN CLUB!

It's brand new and positions are open! But please only join if you love JBSmile

by Alykat18 on 6/3/2012 6:26:04 PM

Hey, um, this is probably a little weird and uncomfortable, but I just got my period for the first time. I'm 14, and I'm really nervous about my period conflicting with my summer fun. My summer break began about 3 days before I got my period, and I'm concerned about not being able to swim. I am not even accustomed to wearing pads yet, let alone a tampon. I barely know anything about periods, but I know you can't go swimming with a pad. Could you explain some of the basics of the cycle and what i should and should not do? I know this is a very vague question, but the more you can tell me, the more you will be of help. Thanks in advance

Hey babe,

Catch up on all the period "must know" facts with these articles. I love them because they combine all our best advice in one place!

It's tough to give you a run-down without you asking a specific question, but remember to relax and know that EVERY girl has dealt with a first period. It's not always the easiest thing in the world, but over time you'll start to calm down and it'll all become normal Smile
Lauren C.

by parischick2 on 6/3/2012 12:19:08 PM

hey guys! chout my sitse! i need some advice, answer my polls on the home page to help me out. feel free to read my blog while you're there too on the site! need advice? ask me oon the site in a comment! thanks a ton girlies!! imnotyouraverageteen.weebly.com

by danielle101 on 6/2/2012 10:47:56 PM

Mod!
Do you think Lose It is a good app to lose weight? My workout buddy reccomended it and it seems good... it doesn't matter about losing it before summer or anything, times not really an issue and i have a lot to lose anyway but do you think it will be helpful??

Hey girl,

It might be good if it's from a trustable source, but I would be careful and maybe ask for a professional opinion first!

Meghan D.

by xoallie13ox on 6/2/2012 8:21:59 PM

Mod!
I really need to lose some weight (like 30-40) and I already checked with my doc and everything and I told my friend about it and she said she was using this app .. do you think it's a good idea? and do you think it will help? im not concerned with like losing weight before summer or anything, times not really the issue. thanks Tong

Hey girl,

I don't know about specific weight-loss apps, but if you want to get healthy, try exercising a few times a week and eating fruits and veggies Smile

Meghan D.

by xoallie13ox on 6/2/2012 8:12:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi! Ok, so ive always been overweight a bit. im very muscular but im also chubby. i need some effective workouts, because all of the things i try are either way too hard or just dont work. here are the areas i want to target: arms (especially upper and wrist are), stomach (abs, waist etc.), back (i have like, random back fat lol) and thighs, especially the inner/upper thigh. is there any workouts you know of to help transform me before the end of summer? thank you sooooooo much!!!! im also developing a double chin, kind of!! i really dont want to have one at all, is there anything for that?

Hey girl,

Our workout channel has tons of exercises for all areas of your body, and if you're concerned about being overweight, you should talk to a doctor or a personal trainer for professional health recommendations. http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx

Meghan D.

by iglooooooos on 6/2/2012 8:03:00 PM

I'm a competitive swimmer, and i wim five days a week for around 3 hours. We do treading water, which is not so hard after swimming for a while. Swimming is actually one of the best ways to saty in shape, since you're working your whole body. Plus, it's super fun!

by ColosalMascara on 6/2/2012 2:12:36 PM

Treading kills especially if you have to keep your arms up. Cool ideas though

by topchef88 on 6/2/2012 1:01:48 PM

Hey bubblebabygurl, you can get help creating a diet plan just for you by heading to that a weigh kids. It's an online program that helps teens your age loose weigh. Click this link to check it out. http://thataweighkids.com/

And if you get started now you can probably loose that five pounds before July! Good luck, Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
can u give me some tips on how to lose 5 pounds? I know eating healthy and exercising is key but is there anything i can do to burn fat? If you can be specific in diet and exercise examples i'd really appreciate that....btw do u think i can lose 5 pounds by July 1st? thanks!!! Smile Lynae P.

by bubblebabygurl on 6/2/2012 11:55:16 AM

MOD MOD
Okay so i guess i have a good body for my swimsuit but i have hair on my stomach...all over...it's not pretty or anything. Im always nervous to wear anything that shows it off. it wasn't that bad before when i was younger..but now it is! i have tried tanning it to make the hairs blonder but it didnt work and my mom says she wants to wax but that HURTS! I suggested Nair but i guess it burn and then she said shaving it...? i want to get it lasered but its very costly... what one sounds the best??? THanks Smile

Hey girl,

Once you get used to waxing, it really isn't so bad. I don't know if laser hair removal would be worth the cost, especially since you're so young, but Nair and shaving are good and safe options if you are careful. And in the end, you could just leave it there -- it's probably a lot more noticeable to you than it is to everyone else!

Meghan D.