3 HOURS AGO Tell us how you feel in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/6Q9EeXv0yg

3 HOURS AGO 5 fun fitness guru videos: http://t.co/ltFmHhPXLG

4 HOURS AGO 5 book babes who had #awesomesauce summer jobs: http://t.co/fbg3ePO9v9

COMMENTS

Splash your way to a swimsuit bod

Cinchy moves that'll get ya toned up in no time...

So I'm 12 1/2, 5'3" and I am (edited by mod) pounds!!! I work out a lot, and in athletics, and I run but i cant seem to shake the weight! Yeah i know that muscle weighs more than fat but I do 1,000 crunches and sit-ups a day and 100 burpees and can't seem to lose any weight! Help!!!

Hey girlie,

Have you talked to your doctor about your weight concerns? The truth is, your doctor is the ONLY person who can tell you if you're over/underweight and if you need to lose weight. So if you have questions about whether you should lose weight, how to successfully lose weight if you do need to, and anything else bod-related, definitely go there first! Healthy weight loss happens when you eat a healthy and well-balanced diet (full of lots of fruits, veggies and lean proteins like chicken and fish - and NOT full of junk, processed, or fast foods) ... and then combine the diet with exercise, like jogging, brisk walking, pilates, kickboxing, swimming laps, etc. You're doing the exercise part GREAT, but remember not to overdo it. Give your bod time to rest each week and don't forget to choose healthy foods over junk foods <3
Lauren C.

by Choir-Girl99 on 6/28/2012 5:09:00 PM

I am 13, almost 5'4, and weigh 104. My mom thinks i need to weigh more but i still have belly fat and want to get rid of it but don't to lose any weight! I also need help with getting tan! I am pale and have auburn hair. I really want to get tan but whenever I try I always get burnt and then my mom gets mad! I have tried tanning oil with spf 12 and it did nothing! HELP

by kendall2 on 6/25/2012 11:58:22 PM

Like it- but kinda complicated. I can't print this out a look at it in the pool! Just sayin'.......

by HappyFeet16 on 6/15/2012 9:33:36 AM

I <3 swimming in general! Doing the dolphin kick helps tone abs. And doing the elementary backstroke helps tone legs. Regular backstroke is my fave, cuz u get to look at the clouds while swimming!

by lavlo on 6/14/2012 1:50:56 AM

i'm starting to grow underarm hair. can i use a electric razor to shave it or should i use one of the non electric ones? i really don't want to have a bunch of hair under my arms when i'm rocking a swim suit.

by sharie7 on 6/11/2012 12:12:07 PM

My end of the school year pool party is in just a few days, and i want to look perfect for it! i'm in good shape and have a flat stomach, but i was wondering if you knew any exercises to really define and tone my abs quickly for the party. thanks!

Hey girl,

Our workout page has tons of great exercises Smile And don't worry too much about how you look -- pool parties are about having fun!

Meghan D.

by glgirl18 on 6/8/2012 7:34:08 PM

I have a little baby fat left and today is the 5th grade pool party. I bought a swimsuit, but I am used to wearing rashgaurds. I look great in it, but my shoulders are extremely pale! I think I will be able to tan though, because I am allergic to sunscreen and my doc said that, because I am from Brazil, and South Africa, I should'nt burn. Is there a way to speed up the process without a fake tan? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by DRea148 on 6/7/2012 10:13:54 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
Do you have any good moves to get rid of belly fat? I know planks will tone your ab muscles, but how do I get rid of the excess fat? Thanks

Hey! just so ya know, girls’ bodies change  a ton during the teen years and weight gain is normal and restricting your diet drastically won’t actually help you lose weight. That being said I'm gonna direct you to our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Helen S.

by mwbear24 on 6/4/2012 6:59:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I really want to lose weight this summer! I've been reading a lot of health magazines and articles about eating healthy and exercising. They all give recipes and stuff with ingredients ive never even heard of. Its not like i can cook my own food at home anyway. when my parents cook a meal they expect me to eat it. I dont know what to do cus im convinced that i should be eating those healthy foods the magazines tell me to eat to lose weight. how do i lose weight just by eating the food i normally eat? i could eat less but then it leaves me hungry. I got the exercising routines down but exercising makes me even more hungry! idk what to do.

Helen S.

by caitie8 on 6/4/2012 6:13:20 PM

okay, so in the most recent issue with lucy hale, in the exercise section, there is the 30 days to a bikini-ready body.
i'm leaving for the beach in about 11 days, and while i'm already pretty slender (im 14), i'd like to tone my tummy and thighs before i go. i'm doing all of the bikini-ready moves every night (since yesterday lol) and going to the gym to run and lift weights twice a week for these next two weeks (not the first time, gone a couple weeks before).
do you think this will help?
thankss!!!!

Hey girl!

I think what you're doing can definitely help! Just stick with your routine and I'm sure you will see results. Eleven days is a pretty short period of time, so you may not see the full results you're hoping for, but keep going even after you get home from the beach! Exercising is great for you and you'll continue to see awesome results!
Rachael A.

by abby.luv16 on 6/4/2012 11:59:08 AM

**CALLING ALL JUSTIN BIEBER FANS!!**
If you L-O-V-E Justin Bieber and want a NEW Justin Bieber fanclub here at Girlslife, then join my new club-

THE...Justin Bieber FAN CLUB!

It's brand new and positions are open! But please only join if you love JBSmile

by Alykat18 on 6/3/2012 6:26:04 PM

Hey, um, this is probably a little weird and uncomfortable, but I just got my period for the first time. I'm 14, and I'm really nervous about my period conflicting with my summer fun. My summer break began about 3 days before I got my period, and I'm concerned about not being able to swim. I am not even accustomed to wearing pads yet, let alone a tampon. I barely know anything about periods, but I know you can't go swimming with a pad. Could you explain some of the basics of the cycle and what i should and should not do? I know this is a very vague question, but the more you can tell me, the more you will be of help. Thanks in advance

Hey babe,

Catch up on all the period "must know" facts with these articles. I love them because they combine all our best advice in one place!

It's tough to give you a run-down without you asking a specific question, but remember to relax and know that EVERY girl has dealt with a first period. It's not always the easiest thing in the world, but over time you'll start to calm down and it'll all become normal Smile
Lauren C.

by parischick2 on 6/3/2012 12:19:08 PM

hey guys! chout my sitse! i need some advice, answer my polls on the home page to help me out. feel free to read my blog while you're there too on the site! need advice? ask me oon the site in a comment! thanks a ton girlies!! imnotyouraverageteen.weebly.com

by danielle101 on 6/2/2012 10:47:56 PM

Mod!
Do you think Lose It is a good app to lose weight? My workout buddy reccomended it and it seems good... it doesn't matter about losing it before summer or anything, times not really an issue and i have a lot to lose anyway but do you think it will be helpful??

Hey girl,

It might be good if it's from a trustable source, but I would be careful and maybe ask for a professional opinion first!

Meghan D.

by xoallie13ox on 6/2/2012 8:21:59 PM

Mod!
I really need to lose some weight (like 30-40) and I already checked with my doc and everything and I told my friend about it and she said she was using this app .. do you think it's a good idea? and do you think it will help? im not concerned with like losing weight before summer or anything, times not really the issue. thanks Tong

Hey girl,

I don't know about specific weight-loss apps, but if you want to get healthy, try exercising a few times a week and eating fruits and veggies Smile

Meghan D.

by xoallie13ox on 6/2/2012 8:12:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi! Ok, so ive always been overweight a bit. im very muscular but im also chubby. i need some effective workouts, because all of the things i try are either way too hard or just dont work. here are the areas i want to target: arms (especially upper and wrist are), stomach (abs, waist etc.), back (i have like, random back fat lol) and thighs, especially the inner/upper thigh. is there any workouts you know of to help transform me before the end of summer? thank you sooooooo much!!!! im also developing a double chin, kind of!! i really dont want to have one at all, is there anything for that?

Hey girl,

Our workout channel has tons of exercises for all areas of your body, and if you're concerned about being overweight, you should talk to a doctor or a personal trainer for professional health recommendations. http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx

Meghan D.

by iglooooooos on 6/2/2012 8:03:00 PM

I'm a competitive swimmer, and i wim five days a week for around 3 hours. We do treading water, which is not so hard after swimming for a while. Swimming is actually one of the best ways to saty in shape, since you're working your whole body. Plus, it's super fun!

by ColosalMascara on 6/2/2012 2:12:36 PM

Treading kills especially if you have to keep your arms up. Cool ideas though

by topchef88 on 6/2/2012 1:01:48 PM

Hey bubblebabygurl, you can get help creating a diet plan just for you by heading to that a weigh kids. It's an online program that helps teens your age loose weigh. Click this link to check it out. http://thataweighkids.com/

And if you get started now you can probably loose that five pounds before July! Good luck, Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
can u give me some tips on how to lose 5 pounds? I know eating healthy and exercising is key but is there anything i can do to burn fat? If you can be specific in diet and exercise examples i'd really appreciate that....btw do u think i can lose 5 pounds by July 1st? thanks!!! Smile Lynae P.

by bubblebabygurl on 6/2/2012 11:55:16 AM

MOD MOD
Okay so i guess i have a good body for my swimsuit but i have hair on my stomach...all over...it's not pretty or anything. Im always nervous to wear anything that shows it off. it wasn't that bad before when i was younger..but now it is! i have tried tanning it to make the hairs blonder but it didnt work and my mom says she wants to wax but that HURTS! I suggested Nair but i guess it burn and then she said shaving it...? i want to get it lasered but its very costly... what one sounds the best??? THanks Smile

Hey girl,

Once you get used to waxing, it really isn't so bad. I don't know if laser hair removal would be worth the cost, especially since you're so young, but Nair and shaving are good and safe options if you are careful. And in the end, you could just leave it there -- it's probably a lot more noticeable to you than it is to everyone else!

Meghan D.

by savannahrox8 on 6/1/2012 8:49:41 PM

Mod!
Thanks, that helped a lot! I have an oval-shaped face.

by Effervescent on 6/1/2012 7:41:25 PM

My favorite moves to do in the pool are just to swim laps and dive. Swimming laps is great for getting toned, and diving over and over again while getting out of the pool without using the ladder requires a lot of swimming and tones your arms when you push yourself out of the pool.

by supersingershannon on 6/1/2012 3:04:08 PM

Sometimes you just get stuck in writing. Thats when you should join my advice queen page rainyseattlegirl! I specilize in anything writing related from your essay due tomorrow to a personal novel!

by rainyseattlegirl on 6/1/2012 2:26:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My thighs are rather large and it makes me so insecure! I won't let my boyfriend pick me up cuz I'm scared it'll be a turnoff and when I walk they "jiggle" a little bit. Is there a way to lose weight there or to tone them so they don't jiggle as much?! Thanks in advance Smile

Hey girlie,

Everyone's thighs jiggle! It's natural for our bods to store some fat there, so they might feel "jiggly" or flatten when you're sitting, but that doesn't mean you're overweight. It's not bad to make healthier diet choices or try to get more exercise in their lives, but try to approach it as "getting healthy" - not "getting skinnier thighs." Eat less junk food/fast food and replace them with healthy snacks like veggies, fruits, granola, yogurt, etc. Get at least 30-60 min of exercise each day in a fun way. And remember - your bod is changing like crazy right now since you're growing up. You might feel weird at times because it's a "new" body you have to get used to, but it's beautiful no matter what! Smile
Lauren C.

by cheekymonkey1 on 5/31/2012 9:46:29 PM

@ girlygirl22werock & wishing13 treading water is basically what everyone does in the pool

by katherinebrown2001 on 5/31/2012 9:38:22 PM

Everyone follow me on instagram! @raininglovex I'm almost to 100 followers(: I always follow back! Thanks so much xoxo

by fireworks1071 on 5/31/2012 9:25:23 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
Hi!I need a matching swimsuit bottom and i can only find one and its a junior 3/4.im a medium But something i read said that a small is that your hips are 32 and i measured and mine are!could i fit?

Hey girlie,

Unfortunately, all sizes are different depending on the brand of the clothes and the unique item. The best way to find the right fit is to try it on in the store! <3
Lauren C.

by bluejaygirl101 on 5/31/2012 9:19:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I have to questions: WHAT COLOR CLOTHES SHOULD I WEAR? WHAT COLOR FRAMES AND FRAME SHAPE FOR MY GLASSES?
Background info: I have brown-almost-black hair, hazel eyes, fair skin, and some freckles, like maybe 5 or 6.

Hey girlie,

Gem tones will look great on you - rich colors like navy, emerald green, magenta, purple, etc. But you could also pull off light pastels in the right weather, since your skin is fair and your hair is dark! Smile As for glasses, the shape/color depend on your face shape. Try asking an eye doctor or even hairdresser what shape your face is - then you can start from there and find a glasses shape that works best with it Smile
Lauren C.

by Effervescent on 5/31/2012 8:19:01 PM

I'm in 7th grade(for one more week that is)and my mom still isn't okay wwith me dating.I feel like I'm old enoug and I want to tak to her about it, but whenever I try I get really nervous.Please help me!!

Hey girlie,

Give it a shot! Just remember to stay calm, don't whine, and listen to her side. Always be open to compromise - maybe you can date in a year if you prove you're mature and responsible, or you can invite a boy over to do homework/have a snack but you can't go one-on-one without a chaperone to a movie theater just yet. Tell her you're really comfortable in your own skin and you would never let a guy mistreat you, pressure you into anything, or take advantage of you - but you do feel like you're ready to get to know them better and possibly date. Ask your mom what her concerns are, and tell her you really want to work with her because you respect her rules. If you stay calm and mature, she'll trust you more and might be more willing to work with you!
Lauren C.

by kgirls2001 on 5/31/2012 8:03:15 PM

How can i do these exercises without a pool in my living room?

Hey girlie,

You can't (which is why we say you should do them "while taking in the sun with your chicas," but we have tons of other indoor/water-free exercises in our Workouts section. Check it out and pick the ones that sound the most fun to you!

Lauren C.

by selenahayley on 5/31/2012 6:11:49 PM

If you need to slim down for the summer or school year then join my club "get thin NOW!" we give out great motivation, tips, exercises, recipies, and much more! Join soon!

by bubbles3956 on 5/31/2012 3:15:25 PM

These look fun but i don't have a pool! I go to the community pool so i would not do it there in front of everyone so i don't know where to do it!!!

by rachelnrocks on 5/31/2012 10:26:28 AM

So, I do theater and I have this friend Emma who I met in an acting class about a year ago. She lives about 25 minutes away from me and we text every few weeks or month or so. It's really hard keeping a long-distance relationship, with the stress of school and everything (even though school is almost over). What should I do?

Hey Girl!

It can be difficult to communicate with friends if you barely ever see them. Instead of texting why don't you call or video chat her? Also since school is ending soon you could make plans to meet up during the summer!

SarahO.

by 4kgg97 on 5/31/2012 9:37:18 AM

LOL yeah Girlygirl22werock i was thinking the same thing Tong

by wishing13 on 5/31/2012 9:13:05 AM

My have fat-burning pool moves are Mermaid Push-Ups, Perf Planks, Kickin’ It Dolphin-Style, Slow and Steady Wins the Abs, and Treading Minus the Mill.

by otter77 on 5/31/2012 7:13:35 AM

Um... no comment.

by Sarah510 on 5/31/2012 6:53:16 AM

I wonder what people would think of they caught me alone doing that last one

by Girlygirl22werock on 5/31/2012 12:21:30 AM