Bridget M.

is modding

1 HOURS AGO #Quiz—which classic Christmas flick are you? http://t.co/i0LF5xdOKg

4 HOURS AGO .@CodySimpson has some major exciting news: http://t.co/BsrYGeIaoe

5 HOURS AGO This throwback Christmas pic of @FifthHarmony is die for #SOCUTE: http://t.co/9GKHuKVpHl #5H #harmonizers

COMMENTS

Make money, hunnie! How to turn your hobbies into hundreds

The ultimate guide to banking on your fave free-time activities…

Mod Smile
I have little profitable talent.
I cant babysit cause there are NO kids in my neighborhood
I cant do anything cause it basically goes like this:
"Mom im gonna go _______."
"*gasp* Was that this week?? We have to go ______ This week!"
What do I do?

Hey girlie,

Maybe you could work with your parents on coming up with a list of odd jobs you could advertise and do around the neighborhood, like yard work or organization and not just babysitting. You could also ask your parents if you could do extra chores around the house for an allowance raise. I'm sure they would love the extra help!

Meghan D.

by lauren1104 on 4/26/2013 11:26:29 PM

I have tried my hand at acting a little and they wanted me to move to LA. So I can give you advice. First, beg your parents for acting lessons, or pay yourself. Then, go to all the auditions you can. If you get a callback be prepared to wait. Be a good sport and keep trying, sooner or later you WILL get a gig.

by ajrthestar on 4/14/2013 9:23:14 AM

How can I get out there to act? I'm 12 and REALLY wanna be on the big screen with people like Cameron Boyce and Bailee Madison! Help!!

by rotfl:brbttyl:) on 1/1/2013 5:31:51 PM

cool i could sell them during lunch thanks lynae p u rock

Ya welcome girl! Glad I could help! Smile

Lynae P.

by pandasrock292 on 9/30/2012 12:22:17 PM

i want to sell bracelets but im only allowed to sell them at my schools basketball games or soccer games but i can never go because they always run so long! where should i sell them?

Hey pandasrock292, you can sell them during lunch or before and after school. How does that sound? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by pandasrock292 on 9/30/2012 12:14:54 PM

Thanks for this. I started selling bracelets last year and they were a big hit! I am going to start selling coin purses, magnets, and headbands to see if people would be interested in those also. Thanks for the great ideas!

I have a question too. What is an Etsy account?

by hitthemall#1 on 7/24/2012 11:46:18 AM

You know, if you have a GPA of 3.5 or above you could tutor some of your younger cousins or close friends. What's good about this is that you can set your own schedule and if you work more time than you usually do for a day voluntarily, or if your little tutoree gets their grade up, their parents will give you a tip.

by pgeor784736 on 7/5/2012 1:49:02 AM

I'm only 14 and I'd like to make ome money. I'm trying to save money for my bank account and a college fund, while also having spending money! I'm also wanting to save up for a really nice camera, but it's $1200 dollars. I work for my dad at his automotive shop once a week. I get about $50 because I get minimum wage. I had a yard sale last week but only made 8 dollars. I'm going to have another one soon though. What are more ways I can make money though? I live in a VERY rural area so I can't run errands for elderly neighbors, and petsitting and babysitting aren't good because nobody around here goes anywhere! I would just like to find ways to make more money that won't take up all my time everyday but that will still keep me busy. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hey babe,

Have you tried setting up a summer job at a camp, pool stand, or snowball stand?
Jordan S.

by pinkguitar98 on 6/18/2012 11:15:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!! I can cook and bake really good but I dont have an oven in my house. If I ever want to bake something sometimes I go to a friends house. Can I make money using recipes on a stove or somthing like that? Please help!!! Smile

Hey girlie,

It's a little harder - they call them "bake sales" for a reason! But you could try making something super specific, like soups or dips. It might be tough to find a place to sell them though Frown
Lauren C.

by babycat440 on 6/14/2012 9:52:46 PM

Hey, chickas!
If you want FAB advice, swing by my advice queen page. Christaingal345 We have TONS of f-u-n! You want some f-u-n? We except everyone, and we <3 them 4 who they r! Club: God Lovers and Awesome Gal-Pals!

by Christiangal345 on 6/13/2012 3:36:43 PM

If anybody needs advice on anything, leave a comment on my profile and I'll reply ASAP. Thanks! Smile

by olivia192000 on 6/11/2012 10:12:38 AM

with the baking job, technically you need a food handlers certificate. Also, i love to back so i know how expensive the supplies can be, so you have to charge a pretty high price to get back what you spent and you wont really have a profit once your done. Trust me if looked into this

by cookiemonster313 on 6/8/2012 12:27:56 PM

She is kissing a pig. I did that once and his name was Garret! Smile

by luckykel on 6/5/2012 7:11:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD,
Ok so I am good at dance and crafts AND i'm really smart but i'm also really shy and scared to get myself out there. Dance recitals are things I love so I do good on stage but i'm not talking or teaching. Learning and/or teaching would be my fave but who would want a almost 12 year old girl teaching them? I am bossy too so that doesn't help. Oh and on the dance thing I don't know the names of the moves so they can really learn so I am bumped down to beginning dance Frown I am really good but I can't explain it or talk to them. Help!?!

Hey girl!

I think the best thing to do in this situation is to show your awesome skills off. Since you're shy, the best thing you can do is show (instead of verbalize) how great your dance moves are! Since you're only 12, focus on perfecting your dancing as best as you can. Maybe in the future you can teach others how to dance. If you continue to work hard you can dance your way right out of the beginners class! Good luck!
Rachael A.

by ArizonaChica on 6/4/2012 5:51:25 AM

I can't see the tips!! I can only see the intro. I don't know why this is happening but i want to read the tips!!

by volleychic2014 on 6/3/2012 12:20:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hey, my friends have noticed I'm kind of artsy, because one day I made them all My Little Pony charms. They set me up a website on weebly (which I am totally grateful for) to sell my charms. The problem is, I don't know how my other friends will react. I've been teased in the past for liking My Little Pony, and I don't know if I even want to start up this business, because of the teasing I may get. What do I do?

Hey babe,

Follow your heart. Don't be ashamed to be who you are! If it's something that you love you should feel free to proclaim it! Obviously you have good friends who are impressed with you, so other people's opinions shouldn't matter. Stick close to your gal pals if the teasin' gets rough, and they'll back you up for sure!
Kelly G.

by hbwildchild on 6/1/2012 12:15:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
For some reason, I always slouch. It annoys my mom, and she bugs me about it, which annoys me. I really do try to fix my poor posture, but it just happens so naturally right now, I'm kinda afraid that it's permanent. But I really don't want it to be because I'm gonna have to wear one of those back braces. So, what should I do? Thanks, so much.

Hey girlie,

It's not permanent! Don't give in to the poor posture - write Post Its around the house and in your textbooks to remind yourself to sit up straight. Paint one nail bright yellow so every time you see it, you remember to sit up straight. Don't get annoyed when your mom corrects you - appreciate it and correct yourself. Do these little things to remind yourself and soon, it'll become totally natural! Smile It isn't too late to train yourself!
Lauren C.

by Emilicious on 6/1/2012 12:19:18 AM

**Hey Chickadess! Do u need advice...like NOW?! Then come to me! Just come to my Advice Queen page! i'll help you will everything and anything! NO problem/question is too weird...i've been thru everythingSmile**

by Alykat18 on 5/31/2012 11:05:32 PM

Miss moderator!
There is this game called Zap going on in my school. You write Zap in pen on the back of someone's hand, then on the inside of their hand, you write the name of the person you want them to go out with. It's a dare thing. I got Zapped to my crush who turned me down, well, not exactly, and I don't know how to ask him! Please just answer my question, I need an answer zippo quick!

Hey babe,

Well, it depends on how he "turned you down." Did he say he didn't want to date you? Or did you chicken out before you even asked? If he's already said no, you might not be able to change his mind. He might see you as a friend, or he might not be ready to date yet! But if you haven't asked, take a deep breath and be honest - tell him you got Zapped to ask him out and you think it might be fun to hang out to get to know each other better for a little while. Ask him to do something low key and fun, like visit a local cafe, grab fries at the diner, or see an action movie. Be casual and laid back about it so he doesn't get nervous or awkward! Smile
Lauren C.

by Effervescent on 5/31/2012 8:12:49 PM

Mod?
I'm bad at making jokes, it just happens from time to time and it's funny but not when Im tryin very hard! So here goes....this is from this page about So you.... are a techno-junkie<---which totally fits meh! P:
No gig? Try this: If you’re addicted to social media, see if there’s a charity in your area who’s Faceook page or Twitter account could use a facelift. Use your super social skills to get ‘em moving in the right direction. Two thumbs up!
^ The only right direction is ONE DIRECTION BABY! xD Is tht funny or I gotta work on it??? Reply! GRACIAS AND THANKYU!

Hey girlie,

I think it's funny if you're a One Direction fan! But remember if you're an aspiring comedian, you'll have lots of different types of people listening to your jokes - so they should be relatable to lots of different people Smile
Lauren C.

by Susmita24 on 5/31/2012 7:55:01 PM

MOD MOD!
what do you do if you make you make yarn braclets and necklaces?

Hey babe,

The "Creative Whiz Kid" slide is totally for you! Take that advice and you'll be able to sell those bracelets/necklaces to put cash in your pocket Smile
Lauren C.

by VNJ99 on 5/31/2012 6:50:28 PM

I really want to get into the makeup business, and i want to start by putting my videos on youtube. The only problem? My parents won't let me show my face on youtube. Other than being in it for the makeup, i want to make comedy vids, but my mom and dad say no. any pointers on how to change their mind? THX!!

Hey girlie,

Try to start off slow - they're not comfy with you showing your face, so ask them if you can start a blog. You can post makeup how-tos complete with photos (and funny posts too!), but you won't ever show your face, mention your last name/location, etc. Compromise with them so you can still be creative and get experience! As you get older and prove how much of a passion this is for you, you can keep asking and trying to get a bit more freedom Smile
Lauren C.

by alya0413 on 5/31/2012 6:08:50 PM

by krazykotabug on 5/31/2012 5:38:18 PM

MOD MOD
I'm trying to make a summer reading list but I don't know any good different kinds of books! I love summer romances and intense adventure novels but I also don't want big names like Hunger Games or Harry Potter because I already read those!
Any suggestions?

Hey girl,

Head to ://www.girlslife.com/category/book-club.aspx for some great summer reads. Once you're finished with those, ask friends for recommendations or head to your local library or bookstore and ask for their favorite pics.
simone s.

by rellim on 5/31/2012 4:53:29 PM

Mod!!! What could u do 4 dancing? Cuz I'm not exactly good at any of those things.😖😳😳

Hey girl,

Why not try offering private dancing lessons? i'm sure plenty of girls (like me!) would love to learn how to dance.

xox
simone s.

by Chocolate kiss on 5/31/2012 4:33:42 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
How do I get my boyfriend to be more romantic? I really love him but he's just not the boyfriend I want.. I want him to hug me & hold my hand. How do I get him to do these things?

Hey Girl!

Congrats on scoring a BF you're so into. Remember: Criticizing him is the worst way to get him to step up. Instead why not try complimenting him. Try saying, "I love when you hold my hand!" If he doesn't get the hint (or is super shy!), why not try grabbing his hand or leaning in for the next hug?

Good luck!
simone s.

by Sami_McDoodle on 5/31/2012 3:45:36 PM

Love this article! Great job GL! I can't wait to start selling some homemade crafts!

by bubbles3956 on 5/31/2012 3:20:06 PM

Girls life, this is amazing! I live in a very small town and yet could do all of these! I love the sports tutoring one (though I am not an athlete)its an awesome idea! I discovered I am super good with computers and would love to help with a charity page!

by rainyseattlegirl on 5/31/2012 3:12:38 PM