10 HOURS AGO Is your best friend a true friend? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/oqUldKXc7j

13 HOURS AGO Spring rolls anyone!? This recipe is amazeballs: http://t.co/6NEPSeFm3o

14 HOURS AGO 10+ ways to pump up your boring ponytail: http://t.co/fryFYM1JmK

COMMENTS

10 cute 'n' clever summer date ideas

Summer lovin’ – it doesn’t have to happen so fast.

MOD MOD MOD!! So my best guy friend (and also crush) at last asked me out on a date to the movies. He payed for everything and was a total gentleman. He told me he had a great time and seemed sincere. Yet it's been over a month and he hasn't asked me out again. I tried texting him a couple times and he answers, but still nothing. Is he not interested? What should I do? I just don't wanna seem obsessive. Help! :/

Hey girl,

If he hasn't answered you, he might not be ready for a relationship or more dates, even if you two had a good time together. If you want to be friends with him, you can tell him that and see what he says, but if he doesn't want to go on any other dates, you might want to scope out some other cuties, too!

Meghan D.

by incognitogirl95 on 7/27/2012 11:54:40 PM

MODMODMODD
My boyfriend and I just started going out but we've been together all summer. WE were afraid to start dating because he's going to a different school next year and is the grade below me so we thought it wouldn't work. We got over that fact and i'm so happy now that we're together but im so afraid we'll drift apart or he'll find a better girl at his new school. BEcause of this im afraid to rush anything so that he wont get bored after awhile but I think I'm falling in love with him and I just want to be with him and don't know what to do!!

Hey girlie!  Take a deep breath, there is still a whole month (or more!) left of summer.  Your guy obviously likes you, so don't worry about him finding a new girl at his new school.  You guys will just have to make an effort to connect with each other.  Enjoy being happy now.  I agree you shouldn't rush into anything (you never should!), so take your time and enjoy the rest of the summer.  Once school starts, make up specific dates (like always going for ice cream on Sunday or calling every Tuesday night.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by pinksinger501 on 7/17/2012 6:08:22 AM

heyyyooo(: i have a question.. how do u kiss a guy thats shorter than u? and i have another question too.. do u close ur eyes when u kiss?

by love4321 on 7/14/2012 11:58:08 PM

I'm 16 and my boyfriend had been pressuring me to have sex. I want to but I'm very concerned about the risks. If a condom doesn't break is there still a chance you can get pregnant? Also, is losing your virginity a big deal anymore? When I see movies or talk to some of my older friends I feel like waiting for marriage doesn't happen much anymore..

Hey girlie!  Just because some people don't wait, it doesn't mean sex and losing your virginity aren't a big deal. If condoms aren't used correctly, even if they don't break, there is still a chance of getting pregnant.  Please don't let your boyfriend pressure you and don't give into the temptation in the moment.  Sex in any relationship is a big deal, and in high school sex can complicate things and make a relationship weaker, not stronger. Think about it and whether it is right for you and the relationship.

Kate G.

by prettyingreen on 7/2/2012 11:43:14 PM

well hello Smile so my boyfreind and i have been together for almost 5 months. Now we've known each other for more than a year and we've always been more then freinds even in the beginning and we tell each other i love you a bunch.I mean we seriously love each other. He's my forever. Gosh i cant even explain how serious our relationship is , how much we love each other. Well my mom doesnt know how serious we are. We've already talked about promise rings. We're that serious.He's my bestfreind and my boyfreind<3 ok well my question is we have a date to the movies saturday with some freinds and i was wondering whats a cute outift to wear for either afternoon or at night? i know that was long but i would really appreciate if you answer this Smile

Hey chica!  Movies sound fun, try a pair of denim shorts and a cute tank for the movies, but make sure to bring a sweater, since theaters are usually freezing!  Make sure you accessorize well, a bracelet and some cute earrings.  We have lots of suggestions on the site, so search on the fashion page and see what matches with your style!  xoxo

Kate G.

by beautiful nerd! on 7/2/2012 1:44:30 PM

Catholic Faithful Teens is for Catholic girls to talk about God, Jesus, and our religion. Anyone who is Catholic, wants to become Catholic, or wants more info about us can join. There will be topics to talk about and ways we can spread our word. For those who go to Spanish church I can write it in Spanish also. The Bible is going to be a huge part of the club. There will be quotes and verses posted regularly.

by boypolar on 6/27/2012 7:01:19 PM

MODMODMOD my bf and i are going on a picnic later today, what's a cute outfit i can wear to our date? thank you so much!

Hey chicky, I'd recommend something that you don't mind sitting cross-legged in, since that's the typical seating method for picnics. So skip the dresses and skirts. You can still look super cute in a pair of short shorts and a tight three-quarter-sleeve shirt. Tuck in the shirt and add a presh belt for some style. And have a blast on your date! Smile
Carrie R.

by runlover on 6/27/2012 2:01:10 PM

MOD! I just recently got my first boyfriend, and I'm so not knowledgeable in what I should do when I'm around him! We've had 2 dates already and we haven't even held hands yet! I just get super nervous! Help MOD!

Hey Girl

That's so exciting! Don't feel worried about your inexperience-- he's probably just as nervous! If he makes a move to hold your hand just hold his back. And don't worry if your palm starts sweating--happens to everyone!

best of luck!
simone s.

by aprilKS on 6/19/2012 1:58:20 PM

I need sooo much help!! My boyfriend and I are going to kiss the next time we see each other.. and... I need help... I dont know how to kiss! and I dont want anyone to tell me it just comes natural... I want to know.. do u close ur eyes? and how do u kiss? he is shorter than me...

by love4321 on 6/12/2012 4:40:31 PM

ok, so today I'm gonna hangout with a guy at the local waterpark do you have any help for conversation starters and stuff to talk about? Thanks for your help!

Hey girl!

Don't worry too much about thinking of things to talk about! You two will be having such a blast at the waterpark, I bet conversation will come naturally. Think about things you have in common with him that you can talk about. Ask him what he's up to this summer. Does he have any exciting plans? Let the conversation flow and don't think about it too much.
Rachael A.

by Em&Emmalee on 6/8/2012 11:09:40 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Whatsa good way to ask my bf on a group movie date? we havent gone out yet so i wanted to start off as a group! please help!

Hey girlie,

Try saying something like, "Hey! My friends and I were thinking about going to the movies on Saturday. You and a couple of your friends wanna meet us there?" It'll sound totally casual but it'll be a great way for you guys to hang out! Smile
Lauren C.

by sareena98rama on 6/7/2012 10:25:45 PM

hey girls! got a problem/question? i'll help you out with it just go on my profile and click the heart under clubs and you can ask me anything on my advice queen page! Smile

by opptop on 6/4/2012 8:41:59 PM

**CALLING ALL JUSTIN BIEBER FANS!!**
If you L-O-V-E Justin Bieber and want a NEW Justin Bieber fanclub here at Girlslife, then join my new club-

THE...Justin Bieber FAN CLUB!

It's brand new and positions are open! But please only join if you love JBSmile

by Alykat18 on 6/3/2012 6:24:39 PM

Hey Girls if you like any kind of rock music, come check out the club “Rock Music That Rocks”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by awtechnofish on 6/3/2012 6:09:29 PM

My crush and I play sports together all the time! We both LOVE volleyball and soccer so we meet up with friends and play all day! Great ideas GL

by XxLittleMonsterxX on 6/3/2012 3:04:16 PM

Creators block? No problem! Join the Creativy Closet club today. There are great DIY ideas posted weekly (:

by mermaidrainbow049 on 6/3/2012 2:23:30 PM

MOD
THANKS ALOT LAUREN C!!!!!!

by imblonde5678 on 6/3/2012 1:24:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Alright, so I have a boyfriend for the first time. We got to hang out and he met my parents at a parade, and I want to hang out with him again and maybe go see a movie, but my mom won't let me ask him and I'm not sure how to hint that I want to maybe see the avengers with him. Also, everyone at school was kinda laughing at us because we didn't kiss on our first date. Is it bad that we didn't kiss? We've only been going out for two weeks.

Hey girl,

It's not bad that you didn't kiss! You gotta go at your own pace - you'll do all those things (holding hands, kissing, etc.) when it feels right for you Smile As for mom though, try casually and calmly asking her why you aren't allowed to ask him. Was there a rule that you weren't allowed to have a BF right now? If not, try to get into mom's shoes and figure out why she isn't on board with this. It might just take her some time to get used to it - but there's no point having a BF if you're not allowed to ask him to hang out! So talk to her about this and see if you can compromise (chaperoned dates? homework dates at home? what would mom be comfy with?) <3
Lauren C.

by romanticbookworm13 on 6/3/2012 11:34:28 AM

hey if anyone needs any advice feel free to post on my profile and i promise to reply back in less than 48 hours
xoxo
-Madi

by mkondritz on 6/3/2012 11:17:26 AM

So there are these girls that are just weird around me. They stay at the main door at school at recess everyday and everytime I walk past they always have something to say about what I'm wearing. Like you'd think they were paprazzi! But sometimes they're mean like 'omg ho wcan she wear shoes like that?!' o.O
Or like this month I haven't bought any new clothes or anything because I don't have the money, and as I was walking past them I heard one girl say.: 'when is she getting new stuff already!
I don't even know them, they're in 8th grade and I'm in 7th and they're really bothering me!
I do my best to ignore them but sometimes I just feel like yelling at them.
What do YOU think I should do? Thanks a lot!

Hey girlie,

I totally understand wanting to lose your temper and yell at them - because this is soo frustrating! The truth is, that's exactly what they WANT you to do. They're doing it because they want to feel powerful. They want to think they can make you feel a certain way - sad, upset, angry, inferior. They're bullying you by judging you this way, plain and simple. Don't give them the satisfaction! Don't let them win. Walk right by with your head high and your shoulders back. Walk with confidence. Remember "two wrongs don't make a right" - so don't insult them back. Make a face if you want to express those frustrated feelings (roll your eyes, smile at them - to kill them with kindness, as the saying goes) but let it stop there. They'll get bored if you don't react and they'll move on. You can do this!<3
Lauren C.

by imblonde5678 on 6/3/2012 11:08:40 AM

MOD PLEASE!
Ok so tomorrow in school we get to sign people's year books. I'm friends with this guy I kinda like. We actually saw each other at a fair this weekend when he was with a friend that I knew very well. I feel like we kinda "bonded" well that night. Anyway, I want to write something flirty in his yearbook. Any ideas? Oh, and he doesn't have my number. Would putting it give away too much? Thanks!!!!

Hey girlie,

Go for it! You could say something cute like, "So glad I got to know you at the fair - have a great summer! Don't forget me! Smile" then sign your name and put your number underneath. Remember if you give him your number, that's making a "move" - so you shouldn't come on too strong if he doesn't text/call. You might just have to pace yourself to make sure you aren't overwhelming him. But personally, I think you should take advantage of yearbook day and write what you want! <3
Lauren C.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 6/3/2012 11:01:51 AM

FIRST COMMENT!!!!

by hermionegirl12 on 6/3/2012 9:47:54 AM

I like 2, 4, and 7!

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. So please join my club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by heather99 on 6/3/2012 9:32:36 AM