9 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

12 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

13 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

Facebook for kids: Like it or leave it?

First, it was just for college students. Then, the parents joined in. Now, high schoolers are on what's probably the most successful social media platform of all...

I think that this is a sensible idea. It would be safer than regular Facebook and would keep kids that want a Facebook satisfied, while keeping parents happy with the safety of there kids.

by gilly4282000 on 6/20/2012 3:24:58 PM

I totally agree with ♥purplexing♥!

by ivystar8 on 6/12/2012 9:56:26 PM

NEVER IN MY LIFE! Good think I dont need to link my facebook with my parents... I need person space! But I do admit my whole family has a facebook and we are all friends. But having my parents choose what to do to my facebook? thats just too much!Tong

by Rainbows_rawr on 6/12/2012 1:42:24 PM

If anybody needs advice on anything, leave a comment on my profile and I'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks!Smile

by olivia192000 on 6/11/2012 10:09:31 AM

So this isnt really a big deal to some people but it is to me: my class had a swim party and we were playing truth or dare, a boy got a dare to kiss me and i let him out of peer pressure: that was my first kiss but i really dont want it to count, we are just friends, neither of us like each other its kind of a joke but does it count? I want my first kiss to be with someone i like...

Hey Girlie!

The REAL first kiss is unique because it comes from someone you have special feelings for. A quick kiss from 'just a friend' doesn't mean your true firsty won't be special!

simone s. Meghan D.

by coracat on 6/8/2012 11:12:26 PM

NEVER!!!!!

by glitterstars456 on 6/8/2012 6:08:26 PM

I don't think kids under 15 should be on Facebook. It bugs me that my brother made an account at 11. People friend random people and 'like random things. It just isn't good. I think way too many people don't realize that what they post online is out there forever and for the world to see. I did a report on how social media can affect jobs. It's astounding. Kids that have Facebook at 12 may not realize this and post stuff that may haunt them ten years later. Same with a lot of sites. THINK BEFORE YOU POST. I'm glad this wasn't around when I was in middle school.
I don't think the age limit would matter. My mom doesn't even have an account but she would creep on mine via my brother's. She would question me about stuff.
Personally I have stopped using Facebook all together because I don't care what people are doing. And if I do, I'll text them.
And I disagree with the article. It was college students, then high school, then parents, now middle school.

by behrendblues on 6/8/2012 2:26:51 AM

I want one soo bad if they do the linked thing then maybe my mom will say yes!

by kdpkdp on 6/7/2012 8:57:49 AM

ooh! what if the creators of facebook made a facebook designed for little kids that parent can control. i think that would be awesome

Smile

by XxUTookMahFonexX on 6/6/2012 5:16:35 PM

This is a fantastic ideaSmile

by XxUTookMahFonexX on 6/6/2012 4:40:07 PM