Bridget M.

is modding

44 MINUTES AGO How to deal with you embarrassingly strict dad: http://t.co/8di6Kw4YGr

1 HOURS AGO The secret to making the perfect potato pancakes: http://t.co/KkKtFd0zZH

2 HOURS AGO 5 ways to take bobby pins just went from basic to classy: http://t.co/ZUm5Wvfg8W

COMMENTS

Facebook for kids: Like it or leave it?

First, it was just for college students. Then, the parents joined in. Now, high schoolers are on what's probably the most successful social media platform of all...

Oh, and for you who say you need "privacy" NOTHING on the internet is private. You have no idea who could hack into your facebook, and you're worried about your parents finding out?

Facebook isn't for private things anyway, it's for keeping in ouch with ppl

by spencer9800 on 6/6/2012 10:19:45 AM

I definetly think that it's up to the parents to make sure that the kid is mature enough, so yeah, I think that this is a great idea!

by spencer9800 on 6/6/2012 10:04:24 AM

I know a six year old with a FB

by nikki3445 on 6/6/2012 4:11:51 AM

Most people are under 13 and have a Facebook anyway. They just put the year on their birthday a different year so it makes it look like they are older!

by 15hayhay on 6/5/2012 10:43:30 PM

Facebook? Ugggg...people post ANYTHING! Ex. "omg I am on the couch" or " omg I'm eating a hotdog" or "omg I'm at the store"! Also cyberbulling. I don't have a facebook and I'm GLAD. I'm sorry if I sound annoying, but it's true. Someone I know came to school crying because of Facebook. Its a good to keep in touch, but not this way.

by Krisskatt on 6/5/2012 10:13:41 PM

Honestly, why are people complaining? I mean who cares if your parents are linked to your account? What do you have to hide? I only have like 14 friends on FB because I deleted everyone I honestly don't care about. I used to hve about 200 friends. And on FB i only go on it to chat with my friends. Come on girls, who cares? Its a social networking site, not your life. But if it is your "life" and you go on it 24/7 why can't your parents see?

by xoshanaxo on 6/5/2012 9:04:36 PM

I have a facebook, and I am 12, Most of my friends had facebooks before they turned 13 (I am the youngest of them...) and I don't see why people in like, 3rd grade should have them, really. Also, having a parent linked to your account? Couldn't they just look at your profile and see whats wrong? Anyways, thats just my opinion Smile

by LCV554 on 6/5/2012 8:59:04 PM

I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of child-parent link, nothing is stopping anyone from faking their birthdate, but people may use the link system and it would just be one more step to be safer.

by ThornedRose on 6/5/2012 8:36:34 PM

I have a Facebook and I'm 13. My parents trust me, but they look at all my posts and whatnot to make sure it's OK and stuff... I agree that if you're under 13 years old that it would be safer to have a tied account. I know a bunch of younger kids who post inappropriate stuff frequently, and I honestly think it would be better if they didn't have accounts at all because of that. But I think as long as the parents are fine with it that they should have an account, but tied.... That's just my opinion.

by MCLY1222<3 on 6/5/2012 7:48:17 PM

Hey eemmais, I just think he has a lot of female friends, so it's only normal he chats them up in class. And you say he communicates with them in a non flirty manner, so you have nothing to worry about. He defintely likes you. So make it clear that you're fond of him too. Hope this helps! Xoxo

hey so I like this guy... I think he likes me to. He talks about the most random things EVER, he smiles at me (it's pretty creepy actually lol) and he stares at me... But the problem is he talks to a lot of girls. Like in class he talks to a ton of girls (not like flirty it just seems kinda friendly) but its like I'm not there. Then outside of class he talks to me all of the time. What do you think he's doing? Lynae P.

by eemmais on 6/5/2012 7:48:13 PM