1 HOURS AGO Betcha never thought of putting *this* on your pie: http://t.co/mX5kbgrBdx

13 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

17 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

COMMENTS

Facebook for kids: Like it or leave it?

First, it was just for college students. Then, the parents joined in. Now, high schoolers are on what's probably the most successful social media platform of all...

MODMODMOD
My period this month has been out of whack. Ive had it for 5 yrs and its been relatively regular. It came a week late, and the first day was light and spotty, the second day regular, the third day super heavy, the fourth day regular, yesterday barley nothing and today I got some brownish "old" blood with a little bit of purple. Im worried im abnormal....it's light, but i still am bleeding a little. Im so scared. My grandma who is a nurse reassured me ill be fine, but im still scared...help!

Hey girl,

There's no reason to be scared!  It's very common for your flow to be out of sorts every now and then, after all, it's not going to be predictable and constant until several years into it.  If you're really worried, you can check in with a doc, but I'm sure your grandma was right.
Jordan S.

by futurewriter16 on 6/4/2012 10:19:12 PM

everyone just lies about their age anyway. besides facebook is starting to lose popularity. it's going to be out pretty soon. you know what a really good website is? pinterest it's a virtual pinboard it's so much fun  Helen S.

by opptop on 6/4/2012 8:50:17 PM

Personally, I think it would be great to consider lowering the age limit, but this is taking it a little bit too far. I'm only 12, and I've had a Facebook for a couple of years already. However, my mom knows my password, so she regularly gets on my account and monitors what I do.

by teamjacob0625 on 6/4/2012 7:42:24 PM

I think this is kind of pointless anyway. A lot of kids just lie about their age so they can get a Facebook. I'm 16, so that wouldn't apply to me, but if I was too young to have my own Facebook I would just go without one rather than have one that is linked to my parent's account.

by supersingershannon on 6/4/2012 7:38:31 PM

i honestly think thats a gud idea i had a fb be4 & got in HUGE trubble 4 it i liked it cuz i can talk 2 my friendz from my old school who dont have phonez GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by krazykaratechick on 6/4/2012 7:35:09 PM

Facebook is great communication tool if u need to contact somebody and you don't have their phone #

by Icecreamluver on 6/4/2012 7:28:17 PM

having a fb in middle school is just stupid. have u BEEN to middle school? thats y there is an age limit but honestly, it should b raised to 14.

by soccerlover99 on 6/4/2012 7:18:20 PM

I think that linking to their parent's accounts wouldn't even work. There would probably be a way around it. It is a parents responsibility to decide what sites kids can go on. (I asked my mom to join GL!) I think if you are trustworthy enough to go on FB before your 13, go ahead.

by Glitterheart16 on 6/4/2012 7:10:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I love my mom, but sometimes she is a little overbearing. When I grow up, I want to be an actress on Saturday Night Live or Broadway. I'm a straight A student- I have to be if I want to get into Yale drama school! Anyway, my schoolwork is fine where it is without any extra help. But my mom STILL wants more academic stuff from me. She almost got me to join an elite writing group at school except the school play got in the way so I didn't have to join, thank goodness! Next year, she wants me to take the SATs so I can go to this "learning camp" for gifted youth. I'm only twelve! I've tried telling her that I don't want to go to the camp, but she said that I should still take to test so we could see what I get on it- so much pressure on test scores! I don't want to be a doctor or a scientist or a mathemetician or a lawyer when I grow up! How can I get my mom to let me follow my heart and make my own decisions? I need your help!!!

Hey! The best you can do is tell her how you feel, and hope she understands. Sometimes parents make us do activities we don't want to, and sometimes we're glad later, sometimes we're not. If she does make you take the test, try to look on the bright side and have a positive attitude about it.

Helen S.

by princessrainbow17 on 6/4/2012 7:00:54 PM

I think that FB being open to TWEENS would be great (not kids under maybe 10). Although I disagree with their pages being linked to thier parents pages because we need to be trusted at least a little, some parents might not have facebook and I think what we do (by that age) we should be responible for. I think parents could have LITTLE control, like if you get grounded they could have access to change the password so can't get on while your grounded.

by sleigh30 on 6/4/2012 7:00:49 PM