3 HOURS AGO Look cool as ice in Anna & Elsa's hottest hairstyles #Frozen: http://t.co/zkJh1LxAEF

4 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

4 HOURS AGO RT @Fanlala: Learn the secrets to perfect skin care with @girlslifemag right here! http://t.co/GtREVj2dan

COMMENTS

Facebook for kids: Like it or leave it?

First, it was just for college students. Then, the parents joined in. Now, high schoolers are on what's probably the most successful social media platform of all...

That's kinda cool I guess.

by Princess Keziyah on 6/4/2012 6:12:30 PM

This is a very controversial topic. I am now 15 and yes, I do have a facebook account. Do I believe that 11 and 12 year olds should have them though? Not really. It isn't my decision though so I would say let the parent decide. Do I believe that these so called "tween" accounts should be linked to parents accounts. NO. I say this because in these few years before teenagerhood all kids are very insecure about themselves, who they are around, and how people act. So by making these kids constantly guarded by their parents would just make their lives SO much more stressful. I believe that these years are for starting to branch off on your own and becoming your own person. Making mistakes is a bonus! You learn from them and get to have new experiences, good or bad. Thanks for listening!

by squidney59 on 6/4/2012 6:00:09 PM

I don't think that it matters for me. My mom probably would want to be my friend anyway.

by bass2001 on 6/4/2012 5:56:20 PM

Its one thing for kids but for tweens that's a little much. It will probably be a hassle to just add friends having to go through a process with your parents. We want to know we are trusted too. What are we won't learn anything without a trust. Give us a chance.

by bosborn on 6/4/2012 5:42:12 PM

Ew, no way. I got a Facebook when I was 11 and just lied about my age, that's what everyone would do to avoid the linked account. I don't think it's a big deal for "kids" to have a Facebook. I'm 14 now and I've never used Facebook irresponsibly. Come on guys, raising the age limit isn't going to change anything. If you don't want one, don't get one. Simple as that! Smile

by fireworks1071 on 6/4/2012 5:28:56 PM

Okay I think that's a stupid idea. Parents would have to approve friends??? Tell me one person you know whose parents know ALL of their kids' friends. Nobody! So a kid won't be allowed to be friends with their classmates if their parent doesn't approve it because they don't know them? Dude, if you're letting your kid have a facebook at all, you should at least trust them enough to have their own friends. Otherwise, don't let your kid have a facebook.

by erinthemaster on 6/4/2012 5:27:57 PM

Facebook should be kept for teens. Getting a Facebook on your 13th is one of the BEST things ever. It shows that you're resposible enough to keep away the creepers.

by dominae on 6/4/2012 5:26:52 PM

Parents should not be able to tell their kids who they can be friends with. Some of the kids that I know's parents are way overprotective and would deny 98% of the kids possible "friends".

by puffinlover99 on 6/4/2012 5:12:46 PM

OH MY GOD!!!
i cant beleive this. really? linking our accounts to our parents accounts?? WHAT? im moving going into 6th grade and my mom wont let me have one! ALL my other friends have one. MOM IM IN MIDDLE SCHOOL! she wont even let me have a youtube account. our parents might b in charge of us, but excuse me.. *cough* PRIVACY *cough* gosh!!
thx for reading my rant. ;) Helen S.

by red716 on 6/4/2012 4:55:51 PM

Okay middle schoolers shouuld not have a facebook. I am in middle school but I don't have one. So many fiights are always tied into facebook! :p I also don't agree with tweens accounts being hooked with their parents! I mean....PRIVACY?!?!?!?!?!

by BabyDahl13 on 6/4/2012 4:46:55 PM