AN HOUR AGO Join GL's new book club! We're reading @Scholastic's Echo: http://t.co/ssPp4F2UbL

AN HOUR AGO RT @DoveCameron: got to Santa Monica for my @girlslifemag photoshoot a little early: kicked off my shoes, walked along… https://t.co/wYsYwOMo9G

2 HOURS AGO This 13-year-old girl might just be the best rock climber in the world. No, seriously: http://t.co/iyToEj9eVb

COMMENTS

Letting go of what you love: Gymnast Shawn Johnson begins the rest of her life

...and she has some lessons to share with ya

Awww, poor thing. If I had to give up sk8ing or ballet, I would absolutely die! I'm glad that Shawn has found other interests in her life to explore. Go Shawn! I'll be praying 4 u!

by Christiangal345 on 6/13/2012 1:25:15 PM

Aw... Jordyn Wieber lives two hours away and trains at my gym. She is the 2011 and 2012 world gymnastics champion and everybody thinks she's going to bring home the gold at the 2012 Summer Gymnastics Olympics. Go... Jordyn!!!

by Sarah510 on 6/9/2012 3:54:30 PM

i'm really glad shawn is open to new success, but i'm really disappointed she's retiring! she grew up only 2 hrs away from me and to have a girl from iowa be able to achieve such great things was super inspiring. not to mention she's always seemed down to earth and super sweet. i <3 shawn johnson!

by ftbl grl on 6/7/2012 2:32:24 PM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put it where the real heart is
5. Your crush will ask you out tomorrow
6. This only works if you post it on your favorite article

by music191 on 6/6/2012 4:38:55 PM

Thats always hard....
So I had a rash and my doc put me on meds that make me super hyper and im usually really calm... It's only for a week, but my grandparents are coming and i dont want to seem like im bouncing off the walls
yoga just energizes me and deep breathing only helps a little
Thanks!!

Hey Girly!

Sorry about your rash- I hope your medicine is working. Explain to your grandparents why you seem so hyper. They'll definitely understand. Staying away from sugar and caffeine drinks will also help you out. Reading for a half hour each might will also calm ya down.

Marisa D.

by mmo'g on 6/5/2012 3:40:42 PM

Sarah510
- I'm a gymnast!!!
- Four Events
- Sparkly leotard
- Olympic Gymnastics Champion
- Travel around the world
- I don't know they'll both amazing!!!
- Uneven Bars
- The floor

by dancerforlife222 on 6/5/2012 6:47:39 AM

This is an inspiring story...if this happened to most people, they would act like their life is over. but not her!

by Alykat18 on 6/5/2012 12:37:27 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I have had my period for a while, but I am still irregular, and I know that. And usually I get my period after 3,4,5 days after I am supposed to. But tomorrow I am going on a huge hike with my class and then we are going swimming afterwards. And I think I might get my period tomorrow, and I still dont really know how to put in a tampon ( I have tried but it doesnt work very well) What should I do!?!?!?

Hey babe,

Really the only dependent method for swimming on your period is using a tampon.  Have you tried looking at the little pamphlets in the box?
Jordan S.

by hermionelover on 6/4/2012 11:26:39 PM

Awww I was so crossing my fingers she would make it to the Olympics. She's just so amazing!!
@ Sarah510 I'm a cheerleader and I like surveys so here goes!!
- Cheerleading
- Just tumbling
- Uniform
- Be an olympic gymnast- AWESOME!!
- Travel around the world for meets.
- Be Nastia Liukin: I <3 her!
- Uneven bars... I kinda suck at beam Tong
- Floor.

by Beachychick on 6/4/2012 10:09:40 PM

Hey Girlies!!!
Please answer this survey if you're a gymnast or cheerleader. Thanks!!! Would you rather...
- Do cheerleading or gymnastics
- Do four events or just do tumbling
- Wear a uniform or wear a sparkly leotard. - Be an Olympic gymnastics champion or do cheerleading competions.
- Travel around the world for gymnastics meets or go around the country for cheerleading events.
- Be Jorydn Wieber or Nastia Liukin
- Do the uneven bars of balance beam
- Do the vault or floor