5 HOURS AGO Get fit quick with out #Tabata workout: http://t.co/thbT28QpPs

8 HOURS AGO She caught her BF cheatin' in the theater! What would you do? http://t.co/BXimWwZeWK

9 HOURS AGO Check out an original poem written by a GLgirl just like you: http://t.co/7RR2L2BJVs

COMMENTS

Spelling champ says winning Bee is harder than neurosurgery--probably

14-year-old Snigdha Nandipati came out on top. And we bet you'll never guess her winning word...

hey mods,
i am an AMAZING SPELLER literally. I am the best speller in my class (6,7,and 8th combined. BTW my class is pretty small. 2 8th graders, 7 seventh graders, and 6 sixth graders) even though my class is small, i can spell anything even if i only get a 8 second look at the word. my school doesnt do the spelling bee, so would i have to sign up as homeschooled? or do you guys know? Thanks A Ton!

Hey girl, I don't know how your school works, so you should ask your guidance counselor or a teacher. Good luck!
Meghan D.

by loppyears12 on 6/22/2012 9:11:33 PM

If anybody needs advice on anything leave a comment on my profile and I'll try to get back to you ASAP. Thanks!Smile

by olivia192000 on 6/11/2012 9:57:53 AM

congrats thats cool!

by Miepster99 on 6/8/2012 1:35:11 PM

That is awesome! Congratulations to Snigdha! My mom says that I would enjoy being an English professor or a journalist when I get older because I'm so good at English/spelling/writing, but I've never even heard of guetapens! It'd be extremely hard to win a Spelling Bee, so I'm always amazed by the people that do! And I think it's great that her dad taught her how to spell when she was so young. Smile

by teamjacob0625 on 6/5/2012 8:40:22 PM

I also heard her dad wrote a computer program to help with the pronunciation and spelling and that she practiced every day for hours. That just proves if you want it bad enough you can get it and it helps if your dad is a computer genius to write a program like that.

by luckykel on 6/5/2012 7:09:38 PM

wow my best friend knows her! GREAT JOB SNIGDHA!!!

by gumcard on 6/5/2012 7:01:42 PM

arent the fierce reads book reviews supposed to be posted today? i was one of those girls and the letter i got said they would be posted on june 5th. thanks!!

Hey Girl!

If it said it will be up June 5th, they should be! It it's not up yet, check back later on!

SarahO.

by t-dog123 on 6/5/2012 11:19:07 AM

So yesterday I read "Of Poseiden" by Anna Banks. It was absolutely amazing!! I googled it and found she just finished writing her sequel so it probably wont be out for awhile...Point is do you think your going to advertise it because I cant find a release date anywhere! Oh, anybody please check it out it was so interesting, the romance reminded me of twighlight sometimes.

by cookiemonster15 on 6/5/2012 9:32:01 AM

I need a nice hairstyle for my 8th grade graduation tonite. I have wavy shoulder length hair and usually I put it in a ponytail so i don't want to do that or let it down because I h8 hair in my face. Plz respond ASAP

Hey Girl!

There are so many cute ways to wear your hair! You could braid it--all of your hair OR two small braids and clip them in the back. You could also do half up-half down because this still lets you have your hair down, but keeps it outta your face. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will look great!

SarahO.

by kewauneegal on 6/5/2012 8:50:24 AM

Hey! I know her! We met at the semi-finals for that spelling bee. I lost on resphelliamteniotisos. So dumb of me.

by puffinlover99 on 6/5/2012 7:54:37 AM