9 HOURS AGO It is never too soon to start thinking about fall fashion! Here are some of our favs: #GLStyle http://t.co/ur0KcH2S0v

10 HOURS AGO #Quiz: Is you friend a real friend? http://t.co/KiJFbS0la7

11 HOURS AGO Excited to be back at school? Show off your new nerdy nails that girls will die for! http://t.co/HljuRfVyHY

COMMENTS

Put your best leg forward! 6 steps to a perfectly smooth shave

Put your best leg forward this summer with beauty blogger tips for a so-smooth shave…

MOD MOD MOD! Smile
Ok so I can't go get my eyebrows professionally done. If I'm careful,can I use a razor to shape them? Or are there any tips you can give me or can you tell me how to pluck them properly? Thanks

Hey girl!  I can totally relate - I've always had to do mine myself, and it can be a challenge!  Check out this article: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/09/15/10-quick-tricks-to-get-your-best-brows.aspx and this one: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2007/11/19/how-to-perfect-eyebrows.aspx.  Generally, tweezing is your best bet (and will last longer than shaving), and these articles show ya how to get them perf. Smile  xoxo

Marie H.

by Soapy13 on 7/20/2012 5:24:42 PM

Thanks!!!

by Daddy'sgrl12 on 7/15/2012 6:12:31 PM

Mod please
Sorry for two comments to respond to but when I start to shave what should I do if I get a cut? I read somewhere that putting chapstick on it stops the bleeding. Does it?

Hey! I dunno about chapstick, but in the drugtore they sell thick white chalky pencils called "styptic pencils" near the shaving supplies or possibly in first aid that clean shaving nicks and stop the bleeding. good luck!

Helen S.

by Daddy'sgrl12 on 7/15/2012 5:06:04 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Hi, I'm trying to convince my mOm to let me get rid of the hair on my legs, so can you please tell me some pros and cons of shaving, hair removal cream, and waxing? Thanks in advance!!! <3

Hey girlie,

First off, shaving is the "usual" way to start removing hair from your legs - since it's easier and cheaper to maintain than waxing. It's a natural first step! Check out this article for tips on having that talk with mom and winning her over to your side: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/05/27/shaving-talk-with-mom.aspx

As for pros and cons, check out this article for sooo much info about your options. The question, "Should I shave my legs or get them waxed like my Mom?" could help ya decide! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/14/Venus-Shaving-QA-Sesh.aspx

Lauren C.

by daddy'sgrl12 on 7/15/2012 8:02:49 AM

mod mod mod mod
when ever i shave the area on my legs right before my bikini area (sorry i dont know how else to describe that) the hair either doesnt come off or i just get red bumps. its so embarrassing that i have to wear shorts in the pool. i dont know what to do.

Hey girl!

Sometimes hair grows in totally different directions, so if it's not coming off, try shaving in different directions. As for the red bumps, there are tons of creams and gels at drug stores that help soothe skin after shaving and prevent those red bumps. Here's another tip: after you shave, don't put lotion on right away. It can cause red bumps to appear--but definitely put on lotion eventually. Also, be gentle when you're shaving and make sure you're using just enough shaving cream/soap for a gentle, clean shave.

Catherine C.

by gleek97 on 7/13/2012 1:26:00 AM

MOD!
Ok, so I want to ask my mom if I can start shaving my legs but I just can't seem to find a good time... Do you have any tips to help me find a good time and the confidence to go ask?

Hey babe,

Any time that you can just sit her down and talk seriously with her for a moment would work!  If you talk to her calmly without getting attitude, then there really isn't much to worry about.  Just let her know that you would feel much better and more confident if you would be able to start shaving.  Good luck!
Jordan S.

by mca123 on 7/3/2012 10:52:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
I wanna start shaving my bikini area because it makes me feel way uncomfortable in swimsuits but i don't know the first thing about shaving down there, could you give me some pointers or a link to an article GL has about that stuff???
Thanks a bunch!!

hey! sure thing, here's an article for you on the subject. let me know if you need anything else!

Helen S.

by Glis awesome on 7/2/2012 5:19:19 PM

Instead of lotion on your legs, you can use baby oil. Thats what my mom does

by kelly268 on 7/2/2012 12:02:55 PM

Thanks Lauren ill definetley try that! Sorry i posted that comment twice didnt mean too!

No prob girl, don't sweat it! Smile
Lauren C.

by Glis awesome on 6/29/2012 12:07:05 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Is shaving everyday wasteful? I hate the stubble so is it ok to shave everyday?
XOXO
-Emily

Hey Emily,

If you prefer to shave every day, it's totally fine to do so! Just try to use ONLY as much shave gel/water as you need and then you don't have to worry about being wasteful Smile (Sometimes, I even turn off the shower while I'm shaving my legs, then turn it back on to rinse the soap when I'm done.) If it makes you feel more confident, it's worth it!
Lauren C.