9 HOURS AGO Why using dryer sheets could be a health risk 😷:http://t.co/5YY4YXjU6ww

12 HOURS AGO Forget whatcha heard! Gingers do, indeed, have souls: http://t.co/00mxgpFRev

13 HOURS AGO Is Lauren from @FifthHarmony chick secretly dating a member of @TheVampsband? http://t.co/YDLnDrNTIm #harmonizers

COMMENTS

Put your best leg forward! 6 steps to a perfectly smooth shave

Put your best leg forward this summer with beauty blogger tips for a so-smooth shave…

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
OK, so I know GL isn't really the tech-y type, but I need help. 2 things. First, how do I get my mom to get me a smartphone? I'm mature enough? And second, if I can get a smartphone, I want either the Droid Charge, the Samsung Stratospher, or the iPhone 4. I want the iPhone 4 the most, but I son't know how to get my mom to say yes! Please help!

Hey girlie,

There's no way to make your mom say yes to a smartphone, but there are ways to try to win her over. First, prove that you're mature and responsible by doing chores without being asked, doing your homework and doing well in school, being respectful, etc. Then, tell mom your idea and why the smartphone will be good for you. Think about it: why do you need a smartphone over a regular phone that makes calls and texts? Tell mom exactly why you want it, then tell her you'd love to compromise with her to get one. (Maybe you'll pay for half, or you'll forfeit allowance for a year or two because you want it so much.) There's no guarantee she'll say yes, but it's worth a shot Smile (Once you're allowed, you should go to the store and try them out, research and get lots of info about each phone. That way, you know which one will be best for your needs!)
Lauren C.

by jrprodigy12 on 6/14/2012 9:06:52 PM

I was told that you should shave in the middle of your shower because if it's the last thing you do, your leg pores can swell up from the heat of the water and it can be easier to nick yourself. Is this true? Thanks!

Hey Girl--

As long as you shave with warm water you should be fine. Sometimes if the water is too cold and you get goose bumps, you end up cutting your skin and getting razor burn.

good luck--

simone s.

by fallsb-ball on 6/14/2012 4:52:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
i just went on a cruise and i have only gained about 2 pounds(not as bad as i thought0 and i worked out twice at there gym and i really put in some good effort and time! but now i feel like i am falling apart, i've been watching ALOT of tv, not working out, and not getting too sleep early enough. i think its because i can't find anywhere to work out, I'm too young for a public gym, but i hate jogging around my neighborhood and i don't like the on Demand things, they don't really make a difference. but whenever i try to talk to my mom about how i need to work out more she tells me to stop stressing over it and that I'm not fat. but the thing is is that i don't think I'm fat, i just want to stay in shape! any tips for where to go or what to do?
-ninley

Hey girl,

I wouldn't stress about 2 lbs-- we all gain and lose 5 lbs throughout the day. You could try swimming, rock climbing,  iceskating, etc. Also, I'd give the on demand vids another try-- I think some of them are pretty tough.

SImone s.
simone s.

by ninley on 6/14/2012 1:07:15 AM

MOD MOD MOD,
i have a quick question...
i notice that my sister has shaved, down there, and lately, she has been telling me i should, as well. so i did, but only a little bit. but now its getting, out of hand /:, anyways now i want to wax but I'm only 13 and I'm afraid to ask my mom. any tips? thanks

Hey girl,

Try shaving with a razor meant for bikini lines. Or try telling your mom you feel uncomfortable in a swimsuit and would like to get waxed.

Simone s.
simone s.

by ninley on 6/14/2012 1:00:06 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Hi! I'm really getting sick of shaving my legs, and I want to try waxing. I asked my mom and she said it was ok. I have 3 questions, if that's ok. Do you think Sally Hansen's wax strips would work well? I don't really want to try the kind of wax that you heat up, because it seems really complicated, haha. Also, how long does your leg hair need to be to wax it?? I have heard 1/4 to 1/2 an inch, and I just want to make sure that's the right length! Last thing, is there anything I can do to make it hurt less?? I have a pretty high pain tolerance for this kind of stuff, and I plan to take a Motrin or Tylenol a little bit before I actually try to do it. If there is anything else to help with it not hurting, can you please let me know? Thanks so much!!! Ej

Hey babe,

Yes, taking a type of pain killer before hand will help.  However, the length of hair tends to depend on the type of wax you're using.  It should say on the box.

I've come to like epilating most.  It's very similar to waxing, but instead of pulling off strips, you have a tiny handheld machine (about the size of a cell phone) that pulls out the hair just like waxing does.
Jordan S.

by Ej410 on 6/13/2012 10:38:10 PM

MODMOD!!
I use a hair removal cream for my legs and it works great, last night i used it on my armpits and i think i put it on too long or wasn't supposed to put it on my armpits because now it red and burns and THERE'S STILL HAIR ON THEM!!! it hurts when i move or lift my arms. and when i sweat it kills! please help before i go into panic mode! thanks!!

Hey babe,

It sounds like maybe the cream doesn't work too well for your underarms.  I would wash them then put hydrocortisone cream on them and just let them be.  Give it a day or two and the reaction should go down.
Jordan S.

by HannahJL on 6/13/2012 5:41:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD Whenever I shave under my arms, I get these small red bumps all over. Why does this happen?
Thanks! Tong

Hey girl, that's a pretty common problem. It's probably either razor burn or ingrown hairs.
Carrie R.

by Catlover4723 on 6/12/2012 12:49:12 PM

Also i'm only 11 but I really wanna wax is their a non-awkward way to ask mom?

by ArizonaChica on 6/12/2012 1:28:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD,
Ok so when I shave I do it in the bath so I take my leg out and shave it but when I put it back in the water it kinda burns. Also I get this weird bruise looking purpleish-blue color on the bottom of my leg. Also I use men's razors because I think they work better, is this okay? Also my best friend is kinda getting on my nerves because she wants to do the exact thing I do! I said I wanted to take a break but she flipped out on me. Help me!!!

Hey Girl,

When you shave you create tons of little holes in your leg, even if you don't feel them. the soap from the bath is what is causing the stinging. Try shaving in the shower instead. It shouldn't however cause bruising-- maybe you bumped it earlier without realizing? And men's razors are totally fine!

Simone s.