AN HOUR AGO Come one, come all, on an adventure to Pennyroyal Academy!: http://t.co/ncbY7aPVGm

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 dream of denim with this moto jacket from @onestopplus: http://t.co/QmBvBffwg3

3 HOURS AGO Check out these Disney stars' big girls day out (that included dress up and Star Wars): http://t.co/AKBnyijP4P

COMMENTS

Put your best leg forward! 6 steps to a perfectly smooth shave

Put your best leg forward this summer with beauty blogger tips for a so-smooth shave…

I want to shave my legs but idk how to tell my mom. Should I send an email? I really need to because even my MOM said my legs were super hairy and I'd have to wax in middle school (6-7). We also have to wear shorts in PE...please help

hey! just ask her in person, you can do it! Trust me, the anticipation is the worst part. she'll probably say sure and you can move on from there. good luck!

Helen S.

by GirlyChic on 4/27/2013 11:36:14 AM

u didnt mod

by mspriness63 on 3/28/2013 1:05:27 AM

MOD MOOD MOD
Please answer my question below!!!!

hey girl! I think I just did...let me know if you don't see an answer!

xoxo

Katie L.

by mspriness63 on 3/27/2013 12:26:50 PM

°Mod Mod°
what does it mean to exofilate and how do you do it and why do you do it?

by mspriness63 on 3/26/2013 6:28:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
hey!! My thighs are really fat and flubby and so are my calves but not as much. I am thirteen and play soccer and volleyball and nothing I have tried makes then get thinner do you have any workouts that help get rid of fat on your thighs? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Biking and leg presses are great because they will build awesome leg muscle, and the elliptical or crossfit are great too. Running up and down stairs (whether it's stadiums or in your own house!) is also great for your legs. You could also take up yoga or pilates, either through an exercise video or a local class, to tone your legs.

Meghan D.

by itzsofluffyimgonnadie! on 3/22/2013 11:08:51 PM

Mod Mod MOd
what do you do if you dont have shaving cream. do you use your dads? or do you use lotion
thank

Hey girlie, you could use your dad's shaving cream or lotion. Or you could use shampoo or conditioner or regular soap.

Lauren T.

by kay333 on 2/13/2013 6:27:09 PM

Mod Mod Mod
People always tell me not to shave the top of my legs (like my thighs) Why not?

Hey girl, I'm not sure. I think those hairs remain lighter and thinner until you start shaving. Most people I know have to shave their theighs (but we have been shaving for quite a while). If you are comfy with leaving the hair there, go ahead and wait longer! I wish I had.

lauren r.

by RosieM1 on 2/9/2013 11:46:45 AM

My mom doesn't let me shave and I'm 13! I do anyways, but all she has are the cheap ones! I'm on swim team and I don't want to look like a gorilla!

by esmeepup on 12/9/2012 7:59:00 AM

please help, I've got this really annoying rash on my back thigh. I've gone to the dermatologist but they only gave me this cream which really stings and it doesn't work. Do you think the Tanda Zap would help? Or is that only for face probs?

Hey keyesalex, mhmm I woud call your dermatologist. Tell them it's making it worse. They'll be able to prescribe you with something else. Hope you feel better! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by keyesalex on 11/11/2012 12:29:02 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
So when i was little, i had like a million dolls. The dolls are right where i left them though. They take up a large part of my basement and i want to turn that part into a place where i can work out. It would be a big task and i would have to buy equiptment like weights, medicine balls, etc. How could i get my mom to help me and even let me do this??? Thanks!!!! BTW i am thirteen

Hey vivacious, give her a good list of all the reasons you want to work out. Let her know you want to be healthy and fit. Hopefully she'll want to help you. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by vivacious on 9/23/2012 12:17:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD some of the hair on my legs is black and some are not when should i shave them?

Hey andra616, try exfoliating your legs before you shave them. Use a loofah or pumice stone on your legs and then proceed to shave your legs. This will help lessen the appearance and eventually make the black hair disappear. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by andra616 on 9/9/2012 10:55:36 AM

Mod mod mod!!
So I have been shaving my legs for a couple months now and I'm going to need some more razors soon. My mom only let's me get the cheap 97¢ disposable kind so how do I ask for a real razor? Also what are some good brands to get? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

I actually still use the cheap disposable kind! And I don't find much of a difference between those and the more expensive ones, except I guess the more expensive ones last a little longer. But they don't really shave much better! If you really want to upgrade, try not asking for the most expensive type. Instead, go somewhere in the middle - I really like BIC Soleil razors, because they're disposable but the blades are great quality Smile

Lauren C.

by Princesspurple19 on 8/24/2012 12:02:31 AM

I'm 14 and my sister is almost 13. Is it okay if we share a razor? It's a good brand, not a cheap disposable, so it gets good use. It's the ones with the replaceable cartridges. Thanks for answering!

Hey girlies! It's fine if you share a razor for your legs, but make sure you're changing the blade twice as much, or use the same handle and switch blades (each of you can have your own cartridge that you take off and putaside when you aren't using it.  xoxo

Kate G.

by alindgren on 8/16/2012 2:01:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD (Laura C. please)
Ok so when I shave I do it in the bath so I take my leg out and shave it but when I put it back in the water it kinda burns. Also I get this weird bruise looking purpleish-blue color on the bottom of my leg. Also I use men's razors because I think they work better, is this okay? Also my best friend is kinda getting on my nerves because she wants to do the exact thing I do! I said I wanted to take a break but she flipped out on me. Help me!!!

Hey girl!

You need to make sure your leg stays wet while you're shaving it. You should use shaving cream as well. Women's razors are better for shaving legs because many have moisturizing strips that help prevent nicks and burns. In regards to your best friend, copying is the best form of flattery, so try to remember that. She probably just loves you and wants to do what you do/be with you a lot. You don't need to take a break from her, just make sure you leave some time for yourself.

Rachael A.

by ArizonaChica on 8/3/2012 4:02:32 PM

MOD! I don't have a lot of the ingredients for the exfoliator, do you know any other recepies for one that doesn't use that many ingredients?

Hey girl,

Try this Sweet Sugar Scrub - there's only 3 ingredients!

Lauren C.

by rocketqueenxo on 8/2/2012 5:55:30 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD!
I have incredibly thick brows. My mom isn't too hot about me plucking or waxing yet. Is there anything else I can do without my mom freaking out, or spending too much money? I really appreciate it!

Hey girl,

Try talking to her and compromising. There aren't any eyebrow fixes that are cheaper/easier than plucking or waxing, so they seem like they would be your best bet. Ask her if you can just pluck the super stray hairs, for example. Or ask if you can go to a salon together so a stylist can shape your eyebrows by waxing them - but not too thin! Explain to her how it would make you feel if you got your eyebrows done - more confident, less self-conscious, etc. Just be honest and show her where you're coming from in a calm, mature way <3
Lauren C.

by cheetah#1 on 8/2/2012 5:21:48 PM

Hi! I don't know much about bikini waxing. When do I need to do it and can I do it with a razor? Any tips on how to do it?

Hey girl! Waxing involves using wax to remove hair.  I would suggest talking to an adult about it first because it can be really tricky to do. xxoo
Maggie P.

by pepperseeds on 8/2/2012 2:34:07 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Is washing your hair everyday bad?

Hey girl! It depends on your daily activities, some people choose not to wash their hair everyday because it strips oils from the hair.  Some girls wash it everyday because it gets greasy from activities. xxoo
Maggie P.

by victoriabieberz on 7/26/2012 2:47:13 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I have long dark hairs under ONE of my arms... Is this weird?!?! I only have peach fuzz under the other one!!! It's driving me crazy!!! Please respond! Thanks

Hey! everyone develops differently, but this sounds relatively harmless to me. If you feel very concerned you should ask your doctor about it the next time you go in for a check up. I can only say what I think sounds "normal" and that's different for everybody. good luck!

Helen S.

by Daddy'sgrl12 on 7/24/2012 8:51:44 PM

Moderator?
Well, my mom lets me wax, but she doesn't allow for me to wax my arms, it has hair, somewhat noticeable, I shaved them once when I saw how irritating it got, it grew back of how much it was before, I want the hair on my arms to weaken somehow so I don't have to shave my arms secretively which I can get caught and I'm not that type of a person!

Hey girl!  I would follow your mom's advice, hair on arms does grow back much thicker after you shave or wax it.  You could try a gentle hair bleaching product from a drugstore like CVS to make the appearance of your hair lighter. xxoo
Maggie P.

by Susmita24 on 7/24/2012 12:57:44 AM

MOD MOD MOD! Smile
Ok so I can't go get my eyebrows professionally done. If I'm careful,can I use a razor to shape them? Or are there any tips you can give me or can you tell me how to pluck them properly? Thanks

Hey girl!  I can totally relate - I've always had to do mine myself, and it can be a challenge!  Check out this article: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/09/15/10-quick-tricks-to-get-your-best-brows.aspx and this one: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2007/11/19/how-to-perfect-eyebrows.aspx.  Generally, tweezing is your best bet (and will last longer than shaving), and these articles show ya how to get them perf. Smile  xoxo

Marie H.

by Soapy13 on 7/20/2012 5:24:42 PM

Thanks!!!

by Daddy'sgrl12 on 7/15/2012 6:12:31 PM

Mod please
Sorry for two comments to respond to but when I start to shave what should I do if I get a cut? I read somewhere that putting chapstick on it stops the bleeding. Does it?

Hey! I dunno about chapstick, but in the drugtore they sell thick white chalky pencils called "styptic pencils" near the shaving supplies or possibly in first aid that clean shaving nicks and stop the bleeding. good luck!

Helen S.

by Daddy'sgrl12 on 7/15/2012 5:06:04 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Hi, I'm trying to convince my mOm to let me get rid of the hair on my legs, so can you please tell me some pros and cons of shaving, hair removal cream, and waxing? Thanks in advance!!! <3

Hey girlie,

First off, shaving is the "usual" way to start removing hair from your legs - since it's easier and cheaper to maintain than waxing. It's a natural first step! Check out this article for tips on having that talk with mom and winning her over to your side: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/05/27/shaving-talk-with-mom.aspx

As for pros and cons, check out this article for sooo much info about your options. The question, "Should I shave my legs or get them waxed like my Mom?" could help ya decide! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/14/Venus-Shaving-QA-Sesh.aspx

Lauren C.

by daddy'sgrl12 on 7/15/2012 8:02:49 AM

mod mod mod mod
when ever i shave the area on my legs right before my bikini area (sorry i dont know how else to describe that) the hair either doesnt come off or i just get red bumps. its so embarrassing that i have to wear shorts in the pool. i dont know what to do.

Hey girl!

Sometimes hair grows in totally different directions, so if it's not coming off, try shaving in different directions. As for the red bumps, there are tons of creams and gels at drug stores that help soothe skin after shaving and prevent those red bumps. Here's another tip: after you shave, don't put lotion on right away. It can cause red bumps to appear--but definitely put on lotion eventually. Also, be gentle when you're shaving and make sure you're using just enough shaving cream/soap for a gentle, clean shave.

Catherine C.

by gleek97 on 7/13/2012 1:26:00 AM

MOD!
Ok, so I want to ask my mom if I can start shaving my legs but I just can't seem to find a good time... Do you have any tips to help me find a good time and the confidence to go ask?

Hey babe,

Any time that you can just sit her down and talk seriously with her for a moment would work!  If you talk to her calmly without getting attitude, then there really isn't much to worry about.  Just let her know that you would feel much better and more confident if you would be able to start shaving.  Good luck!

by mca123 on 7/3/2012 10:52:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
I wanna start shaving my bikini area because it makes me feel way uncomfortable in swimsuits but i don't know the first thing about shaving down there, could you give me some pointers or a link to an article GL has about that stuff???
Thanks a bunch!!

hey! sure thing, here's an article for you on the subject. let me know if you need anything else!

Helen S.

by Glis awesome on 7/2/2012 5:19:19 PM

Instead of lotion on your legs, you can use baby oil. Thats what my mom does

by kelly268 on 7/2/2012 12:02:55 PM

Thanks Lauren ill definetley try that! Sorry i posted that comment twice didnt mean too!

No prob girl, don't sweat it! Smile
Lauren C.

by Glis awesome on 6/29/2012 12:07:05 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Is shaving everyday wasteful? I hate the stubble so is it ok to shave everyday?
XOXO
-Emily

Hey Emily,

If you prefer to shave every day, it's totally fine to do so! Just try to use ONLY as much shave gel/water as you need and then you don't have to worry about being wasteful Smile (Sometimes, I even turn off the shower while I'm shaving my legs, then turn it back on to rinse the soap when I'm done.) If it makes you feel more confident, it's worth it!
Lauren C.

by Glis awesome on 6/28/2012 11:49:34 PM

1.think of your crush
2.make a heart with your hands
3.then kiss your hand while still making the heart
4.then put the heart where your real heart is
5.tomorrow your crush will ask you out
6.this will only work if u post this on your favorite article within 30. Min

by VelvetRose631 on 6/23/2012 11:51:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok so this is a totally awkward question but, i'm 15 and i noticed when i put on my bathing suits, i can see pubic hair sticking out of the bottoms. do u have any tips for shaving the bikini line? like should i wax it or shave and will it hurt?

Hey girl,

You can get it waxed or shave it, but shaving can be a bit trickier. Try shaving in the direction of the hair to avoid getting bumps.

Meghan D.

by sparkle1365 on 6/22/2012 5:32:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD.
I started getting razor burn like a week ago at least i think its razor burn its like little red dots like pimples but i'm pretty sure its not pimples, i'ts mostly on the upper half of my thigh. I know you get razor burn from when your razor is too dull but whenever i like run my finger over it, it still seems sharp. Iam allergic to like the metal nickle some people use it in jewerly and stuff but is it possible my razor is made out of nickle? Whats going on?!?

Hey Girl--

Are you showering with warm water? sometimes you get razor burn if the water is too cold (you get goosebumps, which raises the skin). How long have you used your razor? More than 2 week? if so, buy a new one.
simone s.

by glis awesome on 6/21/2012 3:37:15 PM

1.think of your crush
2.make a heart with your hands
3.then kiss your hand while still making the heart
4.then put the heart where your real heart is
5.tomorrow your crush will ask you out
6.this will only work if u post this on your favorite article within 30. Min Lynae P.

by kitkat12197 on 6/19/2012 5:57:42 PM

ii haven't been able to sleep lately, I'm tired and go to bed but then I'm awake. When I say awake I ,eam really awake, I can't fall back asleep for like another hour! Last night at 9,I was super tired and went to bed but then I was up until at least one. Is it because I'm eating to much or the amount of time I'm spending on electronics? Please answer my question! Thanks!

Hey girl, there are lots of reasons why ya might be having trouble sleeping. Are you sleeping in too late or going to bed too early? Your body's rhythm might just be off, so try limiting yourself to a regular 8 or 9 hours each night. And make sure you're going outside and getting active during the day. Seeing the afternoon sun will actually help keep your bod's rhythm on track. Eating a healthy diet always helps, too.
Carrie R.

by Pinkkatie1999 on 6/19/2012 8:43:56 AM

MOD MOS MOD MOD
I was in the shower the other day, and I saw my mm's razor in there... I picked it up and used it on a veru small portion of skin on my legs... It didn't hurt like I thiught it would, but my legs looked amazing... How can I ask my mom fo start shaving because last week in the store she looked at my sister and asked how old she was when she started shaving and she said 11... I'm 10 but my legs looked seriously better! Please help!

Hey girl!

Think about a few reasons why you want to start shaving your legs. If you can calmly explain them to your mom, maybe she'll let you start. If not, you only have to wait a short time until you're 11!
Rachael A.

by jrprodigy12 on 6/18/2012 3:25:44 PM

I'm 12 years old and I have hair almost everywhere on my body. I know it's normal to have hair on my legs, arms and other places, but not everyone has dark, visible hair on their fingers, belly, back and breasts. What should I do to remove it and is it normal?

Hey girl!

It's totally normal to have hair in those places. Some people just have more than others. There are a couple ways to remove this hair. I wouldn't recommend shaving because it will come back pretty quickly. There are depilatory creams which you leave on for several minutes and the hair comes off. Waxing is also very effective. It can be painful but it's totally worth it. You could also try going to a dermatologist who does laser hair removal. However, that option is super expensive and can be a little painful. Good luck!
Rachael A.

by yay on 6/18/2012 11:55:45 AM

Hey girls, wanna learn hairstyles, prevent hairloss, make it grow longer faster, and say bye to shaving longer? Join my club EVERYTHING hair for more info

by YayaYuiki on 6/17/2012 4:26:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! Ok so I just started my period yesterday. And on Thursday I'm driving up north, and it's like a 24 hour drive, and I will still be on my period. My period is usually heavy, but I want to make sure I am fully protected in this car ride, since I won't be able to change pads that often.. So what type of pad should I get, ultra thin or maxi???? And should I get heavy (what I usually get) or overnight, since it's longer,!?!??!?!?! I want to be fully protected and not have to worry about leaks, thanks so much. Xoxoxo xoxoxo

I would say get overnights. And every time you stop for a rest stop, change it. I think youll be perfectly fine! Smile xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Tayincali on 6/16/2012 11:54:07 PM

ever since i started shaving i've used an electric one because i'm scared of cutting myself. I want to try epilating now.where can i get one for a good price, and does it hurt a lot. I can't stand to much pain.plz answer.

by sharie7 on 6/16/2012 8:11:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
OK, so I know GL isn't really the tech-y type, but I need help. 2 things. First, how do I get my mom to get me a smartphone? I'm mature enough? And second, if I can get a smartphone, I want either the Droid Charge, the Samsung Stratospher, or the iPhone 4. I want the iPhone 4 the most, but I son't know how to get my mom to say yes! Please help!

Hey girlie,

There's no way to make your mom say yes to a smartphone, but there are ways to try to win her over. First, prove that you're mature and responsible by doing chores without being asked, doing your homework and doing well in school, being respectful, etc. Then, tell mom your idea and why the smartphone will be good for you. Think about it: why do you need a smartphone over a regular phone that makes calls and texts? Tell mom exactly why you want it, then tell her you'd love to compromise with her to get one. (Maybe you'll pay for half, or you'll forfeit allowance for a year or two because you want it so much.) There's no guarantee she'll say yes, but it's worth a shot Smile (Once you're allowed, you should go to the store and try them out, research and get lots of info about each phone. That way, you know which one will be best for your needs!)
Lauren C.

by jrprodigy12 on 6/14/2012 9:06:52 PM

I was told that you should shave in the middle of your shower because if it's the last thing you do, your leg pores can swell up from the heat of the water and it can be easier to nick yourself. Is this true? Thanks!

Hey Girl--

As long as you shave with warm water you should be fine. Sometimes if the water is too cold and you get goose bumps, you end up cutting your skin and getting razor burn.

good luck--

simone s.

by fallsb-ball on 6/14/2012 4:52:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
i just went on a cruise and i have only gained about 2 pounds(not as bad as i thought0 and i worked out twice at there gym and i really put in some good effort and time! but now i feel like i am falling apart, i've been watching ALOT of tv, not working out, and not getting too sleep early enough. i think its because i can't find anywhere to work out, I'm too young for a public gym, but i hate jogging around my neighborhood and i don't like the on Demand things, they don't really make a difference. but whenever i try to talk to my mom about how i need to work out more she tells me to stop stressing over it and that I'm not fat. but the thing is is that i don't think I'm fat, i just want to stay in shape! any tips for where to go or what to do?
-ninley

Hey girl,

I wouldn't stress about 2 lbs-- we all gain and lose 5 lbs throughout the day. You could try swimming, rock climbing,  iceskating, etc. Also, I'd give the on demand vids another try-- I think some of them are pretty tough.

SImone s.
simone s.

by ninley on 6/14/2012 1:07:15 AM

MOD MOD MOD,
i have a quick question...
i notice that my sister has shaved, down there, and lately, she has been telling me i should, as well. so i did, but only a little bit. but now its getting, out of hand /:, anyways now i want to wax but I'm only 13 and I'm afraid to ask my mom. any tips? thanks

Hey girl,

Try shaving with a razor meant for bikini lines. Or try telling your mom you feel uncomfortable in a swimsuit and would like to get waxed.

Simone s.
simone s.

by ninley on 6/14/2012 1:00:06 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Hi! I'm really getting sick of shaving my legs, and I want to try waxing. I asked my mom and she said it was ok. I have 3 questions, if that's ok. Do you think Sally Hansen's wax strips would work well? I don't really want to try the kind of wax that you heat up, because it seems really complicated, haha. Also, how long does your leg hair need to be to wax it?? I have heard 1/4 to 1/2 an inch, and I just want to make sure that's the right length! Last thing, is there anything I can do to make it hurt less?? I have a pretty high pain tolerance for this kind of stuff, and I plan to take a Motrin or Tylenol a little bit before I actually try to do it. If there is anything else to help with it not hurting, can you please let me know? Thanks so much!!! Ej

Hey babe,

Yes, taking a type of pain killer before hand will help.  However, the length of hair tends to depend on the type of wax you're using.  It should say on the box.

I've come to like epilating most.  It's very similar to waxing, but instead of pulling off strips, you have a tiny handheld machine (about the size of a cell phone) that pulls out the hair just like waxing does.

by Ej410 on 6/13/2012 10:38:10 PM

MODMOD!!
I use a hair removal cream for my legs and it works great, last night i used it on my armpits and i think i put it on too long or wasn't supposed to put it on my armpits because now it red and burns and THERE'S STILL HAIR ON THEM!!! it hurts when i move or lift my arms. and when i sweat it kills! please help before i go into panic mode! thanks!!

Hey babe,

It sounds like maybe the cream doesn't work too well for your underarms.  I would wash them then put hydrocortisone cream on them and just let them be.  Give it a day or two and the reaction should go down.

by HannahJL on 6/13/2012 5:41:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD Whenever I shave under my arms, I get these small red bumps all over. Why does this happen?
Thanks! Tong

Hey girl, that's a pretty common problem. It's probably either razor burn or ingrown hairs.
Carrie R.

by Catlover4723 on 6/12/2012 12:49:12 PM

Also i'm only 11 but I really wanna wax is their a non-awkward way to ask mom?

by ArizonaChica on 6/12/2012 1:28:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD,

Hey Girl,

When you shave you create tons of little holes in your leg, even if you don't feel them. the soap from the bath is what is causing the stinging. Try shaving in the shower instead. It shouldn't however cause bruising-- maybe you bumped it earlier without realizing? And men's razors are totally fine!

Simone s.
simone s.

by ArizonaChica on 6/12/2012 1:25:56 AM

Thanks so much, Lauren C.! I will deff follow those guidelines.(:

by Graciegang on 6/8/2012 1:16:38 AM

MODMODMOD
When I shave, I always get these red bumps all over my legs. I don't know what it is, or what I should do about it. Sometimes they burn, or sting a little. Help?
Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Those little bumps are what people refer to as "razor burn" - and we've been there, it's so totally painful and frustrating! But check out this article with our best tips on how to beat it Smile

Lauren C.

by Graciegang on 6/8/2012 12:53:51 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm going to my friend's pool party this weekend, and I'm supposed to get my period any day now. I already use tampons so that's not the problem, but I've never gone swimming with one. I'm kind of nervous because if it leaks, I won't have a panty liner, just my swimsuit. The party is 4 hours long, so I should be good with one tampon throughout the whole party, but if I do have to change it, how can I do it discreetly? I don't want anything embarrassing to happen, especially since there will be guys there. Any advice? Thanks!

Hey babe,

I think you'll be fine with one tampon, but if you're worried, you can stash it in a pocket for a pair of pants so you can grab your pants and go into the bathroom without it looking strange.  If not that, keeping one in a bag will always be a good go-to.

by purpleluver716 on 6/6/2012 5:26:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Okay so i asked my mom if i could use a razor and she said no because she's afraid i'll cut myself. She bough me Nair but i hate using it because it smells awful and its annoying to keep applying. About 2 weeks ago i found extra razors in her bathroom cabinet and started using one so ive shaved about 4 times and i found extra shaving gel so i also use that. I haven't cut my self yet but i dont know if i should continue doing this or just put up with Nair. Help!

Hey girl, going behind your mom's back is not the best plan. You either need to get her okay on the razor use, or stick with Nair. Try telling her calmly and honestly why the Nair bothers you, and explain that you are responsible enough to handle a razor.
Carrie R.

by GLis awesome on 6/6/2012 4:59:16 PM

mod mod mod!
hey, so i started shaving in 7th grade, but with an electric and i HATE it! it does not get close enough to the skin and it leaves my legs really prickly. also, my mom doesn't let me wear any make up (only eye liner, shadow and mascara) even when i have really bad breakouts she doesn't let me wear and foundation or concealer or anything & it's really embarrassing to walk around with red and white bumps everywhere. so, to get to my question, how can i get my mom to loosen up and not be so strict? i'm going into 9th grade and she won't let me use a normal razor or wear makeup. how can i talk to her so she'll let me grow up a little? Thanks so much!!

Hey girl,

Ask your mom why she doesn't want you to use a normal razor or wear makeup. She may have some good reasons. Even if you disagree with her, knowing her reasons can help you to convince her otherwise. Explain that you would feel more comfortable if you were able to use a better razor and ask why you're allowed to wear some makeup but not foundation. If she's still against it, ask if you can get moisturizers or cleansing cloths for your face that don't cover up the breakouts but help heal your skin and prevent future zits.
Kelly G.

by Kalulah on 6/6/2012 12:35:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
So this girl who considers me her "best friend" has been really rude to me lately,and fake. I always knew I could never fully trust her,so I just considered her a friend. Well this Sunday I'm taking her to the 1D concert. I don't want to take her,but it's too late. How do I make the best of the concert/sleepover afterwards?

Hey chica,

Try your best not to think of her or the situation that way.  If you go into the night thinking it's going to be terrible because of her and you wish this weren't happening this way, then it's going to end up just as you thought.  If you go into it instead with a positive mindset about having somebody you know to go see the concert with and then having somebody to talk about what a great night it was afterward, then you'll definitely have a better night.

by MadMaddie911 on 6/5/2012 11:52:59 PM

Hey girls, if you want to get or share advice about cross country (or any other kind of running) head to my club, the Cross Country Club!

by Fly1213 on 6/5/2012 11:30:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
so i have an electric shaver, but it's not the best it was only $8. my mom says they are so much better than normal shavers, but my friend Heidi says normal shavers are better. Which is best?

Hey girl,

It's really up to personal opinion.  You've probably tried basic razors to begin with, so do you prefer them or the electric that you just bought.

by coldplay12 on 6/5/2012 11:27:57 PM

mod mod mod
ok so i want to try out for the cross country at my school next year and i tend to get light-headed when out in the sun (even for 5 minutes) i really want to try out but i dont want the light-headed feeling (please!)

Hey babe,

I think you're best off asking a doctor, he can pinpoint what the real problem is better than I am!

by jerseybatgirl on 6/5/2012 10:57:47 PM

Mod mod mod
I'm 14 (just recently) and so not employable. Please take me seriously when I say I need to make $700 by the end of summer. I'm in serious debt that I need to pay off by then and if I don't then I put a really big strain on me and my mothers relationship. I have two babysitting clients and I sell muffins at my dads work but I fear it will be too little too late. How can I make that money myself by then? Thanks mod Smile I know I'm young so this might sound like I'm being too serious but this money isn't for a designer pair of jeans to show off in for a guy. This is for showing I'm responsible and mature and reliable enough to follow through - it will save me and my moms relationship. Thanks again.

Hey chica,

They babysitting sounds like a good start, but you'll definitely need a lot more nights of it to make serious cash.  Send some flyers around your neighborhood and any other areas that might be a hit.  Either that, or aim for snagging a summer job at a snowball stand, pool, etc.

by Svds on 6/5/2012 10:13:54 PM

Mod
Hey just wondering... I know that gams are legs, but what is it short for?
Thanks!

Hey babe!

Gams isn't short for anything, it probably means a word in another language. It actually means long, slender but shapely female legs.

by mmo'g on 6/5/2012 9:16:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD I have this really cool awesome party coming up! I'm so excited; its going to have a DJ, 85 boys and girls, and really cool raffles, and its not school related at all: me and my friends planned it! The problem is, its supposed to be kinda dressy, so are there any cheap places I can buy a really pretty dress? It doesn't have to be high quality, I'll only wear it 1 night or a couple more. Thanks Smile

Hey babe!

Why don't you try Forever 21? It has really nice clothes for cheap!

by MusicIsLove123 on 6/5/2012 9:15:55 PM

Alot of the work outs on here involve dumbbells but I don't have any nor do I have any money to buy them so do you have a alternative for them?Thanks for helping!

Hey Chica!

Instead of dumbells, try using two full water bottles! or if that doesn't work, try using shampoo bottles!

by Em&Emmalee on 6/5/2012 9:11:39 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I'm trying to plan my yearbook picture for next year. How does this sound??? A light green and gray striped sweater over a white lace silver sequin cami, silver sequin earrings,and black jeggings tucked into black ankle boots with a wedge.By the way I'm going to be in 6th grade next year and I have long,wavy, golden brown hair, caramel brown eyes and french toast colored skin.

Hey girly!

That sounds great! You're gonna look gorgeous, babe!

by Sarah510 on 6/5/2012 9:07:23 PM

Hey teamjacob0625, mhmm yeah it is kinda difficult. Try exfoliating your legs with a good bodyscrub before shaving. It may help you get a closer shave. You could always try waxing. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
The bottom part of my legs are always smooth as a baby's bottom, but I can never seem to get all of the hair off of the top part (more specifically, on the underside of my leg). It's like an area of never-ending stubble. Shaving cream didn't help, and I've tried shaving in all sorts of directions (I read on here before that you should shave the the opposite direction that the hair's growing), but that didn't work either. Any tips? It's almost time to break out the shortie-shorts and bathing suits! Thanks! Smile Lynae P.

by teamjacob0625 on 6/5/2012 8:56:25 PM

I just made the scrub minus the Jasmine oil(Used a different oil)almond oil(Used olive oil)honey(Used a different natural sweetener)powdered milk(Used regular milk)Epson salt(Used ONLY sea salt)and it turned out great!! Smile

by MadMaddie911 on 6/5/2012 8:00:50 PM

5 to seven uses??????? Wow. I'm waaay overdue.

by Girlygirl22werock on 6/5/2012 7:45:38 PM

Great and helpful information. I am just fortunate to have skin where I dont get a lot of rashes, I get some but not as much as some friends I know. That bondingoverbeauty.com site seems very helpful.

by luckykel on 6/5/2012 7:02:28 PM

Hey romanticbookworm13, before you do any type of running be sure to stretch your body. Try jogging to get yourself use to using your legs and then proceed to run. You can go around your neighborhood, find a local track or head to the park. Give yourself a certain amount of laps to do within a certain amount of minutes. Start off small and then progress. I don't know much about training for cross country either, so do your research chica. You could even head to the library for some good info on training. Since you'll be using your legs a lot, it would be good to strengthen those. Doing small things like walking up and down your steps, biking or skating will help. Good luck!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD I signed up for the cross country and track team next year (which will be my first year of high school). I really want to do well, but I don't know what kind of running to do. I usually use the treadmill because my parents are more comfortable that way. Any good workouts? P.S. I need to work on strength training, too. Lynae P.

by romanticbookworm13 on 6/5/2012 6:52:50 PM

toats works thanks so much! <3<3

by mlennon on 6/5/2012 6:52:33 PM

Lol I just kinda swipe the blade wherever, I don't even use shaving cream or whatever haha, only soap. Laughing

by gigglez77 on 6/5/2012 6:44:08 PM

Hey Graciegang, check out these articles for exercises to slim your thighs. Hope these help! Xoxo

MODMODMOD
I wanna slim down my thighs. I have really short legs, and there is a lot of fat built up there. They aren't like HUGE, but they're pretty big. My friends will joke around and be like "Look at her thighs!" They aren't trying to be mean, but it still hurts. I'm kinda embarrassed to wear shorts, mini skirts, and my bathing suit. What are some moves you would recommend for quick results?
Thanks! Lynae P.