1 HOURS AGO Geek over these with your besties! 6 tech crazy books we love: http://t.co/QSVGBAJIQ7

2 HOURS AGO Get those effortless A’s and make your parents proud! #BackToSchool #GLStyle http://t.co/e5mHx3kkNB

3 HOURS AGO Be that fashionista at the lunch table with a great lunch box too! http://t.co/9ueXEtzmCY

COMMENTS

Lightweight foundations we love

Don't sweat it! 6 summer-proof foundations for every skin type.

People say that I wear foundation, but I don't, I never did! Why do they say that?? They think my skin is flawless and stuff....but I wonder why people need foundation, I never wore it, never needed it, and my friends comes up to me and tell me do I wear foundation, why is your skin so light, why is your skin flawless?? ETC! I'm not makeup expert but I am a curious questioning girl Einstein.

Hey girl! I'm not quite sure why people say you wear foundation when you don't, maybe they are shocked by how smooth your skin looks already? No need to worry, I'm sure your friends mean it as a compliment not an insult! xoxo

Carly S.

by Susmita24 on 8/22/2012 1:29:15 PM

i really like e.l.f. foundation for 3 dollars at target. It works and its cheap too and has good waterproof mascara 3.00 or less.

by ChunkyBunky101 on 7/29/2012 7:21:07 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod
whats the right age to start wearing foundation if you have mild acne BTW i'm going into 6th grade thx

Hey girl, I think whenever you're comfortable wearing it to cover your acne! Eyeliner and mascara are different however.

lauren r.

by PlushPurplePanda on 7/8/2012 12:29:48 PM

******MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD******
I've been looking for a waterproof foundation with at least an spf of 30 or higher...but I'm having trouble because of how light my skintone is. I am literally the definition of white...literally! You'd understand if you saw....sooooo I was just wondering if you had any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Hey girlie,

Finding an SPF 30 or higher could be pretty tricky... most of the best waterproof foundations have an SPF of about 25. And honestly, I think that should be good enough for normal daily wear! If you're going to be outside longer than an average day (like going to the beach or pool), skip the foundation and use an actual sunscreen with some concealer/powder over top. Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Glow Sheers has an SPF 30, so you could give that a try. (I've never tried it though so I can't say if it's good or not.) For summer, I really love Neutrogena's Shine Control Makeup SPF 20 - it helps keep you from looking sweaty and shiny. Revlon ColorStay Makeup SPF 15 is a good alternative too, and they'll all run you about $10-$13 for a bottle. Remember to match your skin tone (cool vs. warm) and choose a very light color, so it doesn't look overwhelming on your skin. Blend well and don't use too much - just a dab!
Lauren C.

by Live2Dance9455 on 7/5/2012 11:54:22 PM

Mod!!
hi so I was thinking about getting the compact foundation, but idk if powder foundation would clog my pores or not, I have medium sized pores so ya... THANKS!

Hey chica, powder foundation is less likely to clog your pores than a water-based one. In any case, you can avoid clogged pores if you wash your face well and get all the makeup off every night.
Carrie R.

by Nikichic on 6/27/2012 4:58:07 PM

e.l.f. tinted mouisterizer works great it has great coverage and is really lightweight and it has spf and its only 3$!

by soccersav11 on 6/22/2012 11:11:34 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
This summer i am going to be very active and i dont want to put on full foundation and powder. I want something light bt stil covers. I wanted to use the garnier bb cream but the reviews are very mixed and im not sure if i want to try it. I liked the bb cream because it was cheap and it was a tinted moistrizer plus it had spf with it which is perfect bc im outside a lot. Thr cream also helps your face and protects it. Do you know other products similar to it? The ones above sound great but are more money than i wanted to spend. Anything will help. thanksSmile

Hey girl!

BB creams are awesome, you just have to find the right one. Check out the selection at a drugstore or a beauty store. You can ask for recommendations from the people that work there.
Rachael A.

by lolgirl67 on 6/18/2012 12:25:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I need help with something a little tech-y... Smartphones.Our Verizon contract isalmost up, so we might switch to AT&T. If we do, I want the iPhone 3GS because it sells for $0.99 and I am mature enough, but I don't know how to get my mum to say yes. Please help! Thanks!

Hey girl,

Try sitting down with your mom and going over some of the reasons why you want that phone. Show that you've done the research and know for sure that this phone would be perfect for you. Suggest that you will help pay for it and promise to take great care of it and accept any consequences if you don't.
Kelly G.

by jrprodigy12 on 6/15/2012 7:14:08 AM

MODMODMODMOD
My mom wants to start waxing her own legs with stuff from the beauty supply store. I was wondering what the best product for this would be. Also, when i used get my eyebrows waxed professionally, my forehead would break out really bad. Will that happen to my legs if i wax them? I would love not having to shave for three weeks, but its not worth it if i break out.

Hey chicky, the Bliss Poetic Cosmetic Waxing Kit has gotten pretty good reviews. And if you wanna avoid breakouts from waxing, the biggest thing you can do is to keep your skin clean. So exfoliate before ya wax. Then afterwards you can dab on some astringent to prevent breakouts. Also, try not to touch the waxed area too much after because you could have bacteria on your hands that'll clog your pores.
Carrie R.

by alicia1998 on 6/12/2012 2:36:49 PM

MOD MOD
Hey! so my friends and I always end up doing the same stuff whenever we hangout...and it gets boring! Do you have any ideas of fun stuff to do during summer break? also, we don't have cars so we can't drive like really far... Thanks so much!

Hey girl!

There's plenty you gals can do right at home. Start watching a tv series from the beginning that none of you has seen before. Look up yummy recipes you can make. Go out for a walk. Ask your parents if you can have a bonfire in your backyard and roast marshmallows. Have fun!
Rachael A.

by m.budd8 on 6/11/2012 1:38:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!
Do you think that FIT ME powder foundation is good for summer? I got some today at target on sale and I am not sure if i should return it or not because i am not sure if it is good for summer. thanks!

Hey chica! Seems like that foundation has gotten mixed reviews. Most gals say that it didn't cause breakouts, so you should be okay for the summer. But everyone's skin is different, so ya might just have to see how it works with yours.
Carrie R.

by Photochickie on 6/6/2012 1:44:18 PM

I have the Estee Lauder stick foundation, and it's pretty good, but its too thick. I use the BareMinerals foundation EVERY single day!!! It's not expensive because it lasts you at least a year because you barely need any of it!! These are worth the money if you're looking for a good foundation!

by legallyginger12345 on 6/6/2012 1:23:48 PM

Modmodmodmod!!!!
Okay, so my grade is going to he water park next week and I usually wear makeup To school (nothing too fancy: foundation, mascara, eyeliner) what are some makeup products that I could swim in that wouldn't run or wash away????

Hey girl,

Look for products that say "waterproof" on them. There are plenty of brands for all different kinds of makeup that have a waterproof version, especially mascara and eyeliner!
Kelly G.

by echri12 on 6/6/2012 11:33:32 AM

MODMODMOD
I need your help! Im starting a blog (mostly about beauty and fashion) and i cant decide on the blog name. Here are my ideas so far: "stuck on beauty" "glam like glitter" "project beautiful" & "the beauty and the blog" which do you like best? (Or any any other ideas) thanks! Smile

Hey girl,

I like the last one, mostly because "Beauty and the Beast" is one of my fave movies! Good luck!
Kelly G.

by pinkypi26 on 6/6/2012 11:03:15 AM

These are great but I don't have the $$.$$ to spend $20+ on foundation. Summer is a strict no-makeup time for me (except for when I go to church). I spend most of my time swimming and sweating (lol) so it'll come off anywaySmile

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 6/6/2012 12:04:54 AM

Hey girls, want to get or share advice on cross country (or any other kind of running) go to my club, the Cross Country Club!

by Fly1213 on 6/5/2012 11:32:49 PM

"Tested in temps up to 88 degrees"? lol. that nothing! nice article though.

by Glitterheart16 on 6/5/2012 10:41:18 PM

I have graduation for middle school ceremony,and a lot of girls make it a big deal, and i guess it sorta is.I have a cute new dress and a jacket but i don't know what to do with my hair.I usually straighten it for school because it is super frizzy, but do u think i should do something more special? Sometimes i curl it with hot rollers and it looks really good but it usually takes a fair amount of hair spray.This would be fine except for the fact that the 8th grade is going swimming after the ceremony.Do you think curling it is pool party friendly?...do you think it will get really frizzy/messy even if i don't get it wet at the pool?...do you think hair spray is pool friendly??...ugg i just don't know what to do!...any suggestion??...maybe some way to spruce up my regular straightened hair???...im open to anything! Thanks for your help!

Hey babe,

I'd take the opportunity to step it up and be a little fancy with your hair.  After all, no matter what you do, it will all go to waste once it gets wet from the pool water.
Jordan S.

by HaNnAh BaNaNa! on 6/5/2012 9:07:45 PM

I really want to try the stick foundation! Smile

by teamjacob0625 on 6/5/2012 8:51:31 PM

I think the best sweat-proof makeup for summer is Clinique's Perfectly Real foundation.

by supersingershannon on 6/5/2012 8:02:53 PM

Hey HedgehogGirl, you could go with a sundress and sandals, or a nice blouse with a curpte skirt and flats. Maybe throw your hair into a bun or ponytail. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD
I have an awards ceremony tonight and I don't know what to wear. I've heard its semi-formal, and one of my friends is wearing a sundress. What should I wear? Lynae P.

by HedgehogGirl on 6/5/2012 7:48:38 PM

Okay, that first one got tested up to 88 degrees, but where I live summers always stay around 95-100! I still like this article though. Smile

by gigglez77 on 6/5/2012 6:36:36 PM

Ahhhhhh THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

by BabyDahl13 on 6/5/2012 4:28:16 PM

Ok so i have $133 i really want the barbie digital nail printer. Im 12 but i dont want it because of the word barbie in the title but anyway do u think it is worth alot of money? Idk wether to save or spend please help

Hey Girly!

Woah-$133 is a lot of cash! Way to be responsible and think about whether you should get the printer. Did you earn the money yourself? Do you think the printer is worth all the work you put into earning the money? Is this something you're positive you will use all the time? It's your decision. Wait a few more weeks on the printer. if you still want it then, go ahead and get it.

Marisa D.