AN HOUR AGO Yikes! Which secrets AREN'T meant to be kept? http://t.co/1Ylw6tV9gK

2 HOURS AGO 5 ways to rock beanies like a b0$$: http://t.co/ejqfA67qyW

3 HOURS AGO "I'm not into guys...what's wrong with me?!" http://t.co/sG0oX60xAU

COMMENTS

Be an awesome babysitter

10 ways you can win over the ‘rents…

how do you know if you are ready to start babysitting?

by jazzle on 8/31/2012 10:39:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I am just 13 have always thought babysitting was a cool way to make some cash, because it pays well, and moe importantly i love kids. I already know very well how to stay home alone, even go to sleep and make my self dinner when home alone and i thought that babysitting was a good thing to do instead of staying home alone because it keeps both the kiddie and I entertained.
so i am going to take a babysitting class, bu twhat i am not sure about is how to get my name out there, make myself have a great first impression, and the most.. how do i get a ride home when my parents are at work? to i ask the childs mom/dad to give me one? and how do i know they aren't creepy?

Hey girl,

Typically with babysitting, your client's parents would be happy to drive you home. Try meeting with them (and the child) before the event so you will feel more comfortable with them, and don't be shy to ask for a ride. They will probably offer you one anyway! As for getting your name out there, you could post fliers on community bulletin boards in your town or put fliers beneath people's mailboxes in your neighborhood. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by jazzle on 8/31/2012 10:35:23 PM

How do i get people to want to babysit their child? i have passed out TONS of flyers, passed out business cards, and emailed people about it. I have waited for 2 months, and i STILL haven't gotten any job openings.
I have had CPR training, i have a little brother, and have watched family friends' kids for them for free.
What else can i do? Help! Thank you!

by sydtick99 on 8/12/2012 6:59:06 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I have two questions for you.
First Question-I have neighbors down the street that want me to babysit them. (They have asked.) But it was a very casual question. (Like "The girls and I want you to babysit them." "Would you like to?") Should I tell them my phone # or would that be pushy?
Second Question- I babysit 2 boys that are VERY hyper. They are always moving. What should I do with them?

Hey girlie! If someone (even casually) asks you to babysit, giving them your phone number so they can call you if they need you isn't pushy at all- it's good business! Second, you want to tire them out, so do something that requires a lot of exercise.  Try making up a game with them that involves running around in their backyard. Here are a bunch more ideas:http://www.girlslife.com/tag/babysitting-activities.aspx.

xoxo

Kate G.

by greenbluepurple1 on 7/30/2012 3:04:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
im 12 years old. so im old enough to babysit. the only people i watch are my little 8 year old sister and her friends. i like to hang out with them and all, but i would like to at least get paid something. and i know my parents cant pay me money. but i want some. plz help
thanks <3

Hey! if your parents can't pay you, you should try asking neighborhood families if they need a babysitter. tell your folks to ask their friends too Smile

Helen S.

by <3watermelon<3 on 7/2/2012 7:03:23 PM

So around last fall I put up advertisements in my neighborhood and I only got one job cause the rain washed the marker away. Its been nice having a job, but I dont like the kids, and soon they wont need me cause their oldest is 11. I want to put up advertisements but I dont want to look rude have them think that I think they arent giving me enough money. How can I advertise without looking rude. (I have already made buisness cards that I hand out after church but havent gotten lucky.)

Hey girl!

I don't think it's rude to put up ads again. I'm sure the family you've been babysitting for will understand; they know their kids are getting older. Plus, it's totally OK to be working for more than one family. That happens all the time. They understand you need to make money. If you're not babysitting for them every day, you have other free days you can use to babysit for other people.
Rachael A.

by cuppycakes1056 on 6/25/2012 11:12:37 AM

i have a big decision to make. I have about 400 dollars. I have a D.C. trip in two years that will cost 1900 dollars. I also want a nice camera, or a kindle. Or maybe some beats headphones. I'm thinking I will buy a cheaper electronic, and then save the rest for D.C. What do you think?

Hey babe, sounds like a plan. Just make sure with the electronics that you don't go so cheap that they don't work. If ya have to spend a li'l more to get something reliable, go for it. Two years is a long time, and you can always get a job or ask for extra cash at holidays if you need some more by the time your trip rolls around.
Carrie R.

by georgetownroad on 6/20/2012 11:33:50 AM

how do you get the word out about babysitting???? Plz help.
and what does MOD mean?

Hey girl

Mod is just short for "moderator." You could post fliers, tell your family to tell their friends, or ask your friends if they know anyone.

good luck--
simone s.

by ladysade24 on 6/14/2012 4:42:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I really want to earn some money and i love kids. I want to babysit. My mom knows im responsible, but she wont let me babysit (for real). Sometimes i watch kids while their parents are in meetings at our church, but my mom wont let me babysit alone without a guardian in the room or close by. i know that i am capable and so do the parents. How can i get my mom to let me do it?

Hey babe, the best thing to win over your mom's confidence is to take a Safe Sitter course, or at least a First Aid course. Go online and find one offered in your area. Smile
Carrie R.

by kstar813 on 6/12/2012 4:37:57 PM

If anybody needs advice on anything, leave a comment on my profile and I'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks!Smile

by olivia192000 on 6/11/2012 10:05:37 AM