2 HOURS AGO Thanksgiving is official over—time to get started on these cute & cheap Christmas crafts: http://t.co/GK9eNSsGDn

5 HOURS AGO 4 things that could cause serious probs "down there" http://t.co/py0Tymr2JB

6 HOURS AGO The real reason your ex doesn't wanna be friends after the breakup: http://t.co/BQy2Q6DFT5

COMMENTS

I feel left out of Dad's life

My dad's spending more time with his GF than with me...

Im really shy when it comes to big groups.And I'll be going to high school next year. I know it's summer break and I really shouldn't be worried about it but it's bugging me. Every time I would have to present something in front of my class mates my voice would get quiet and it would start cracking. I know I sound terrible when I talk since one of my friends asked me if I was okay since it sounded like I was crying. It's so embarassing. I just wanna know how I could fix my problem.

Hey girlie,

Nah, we totally understand why you're thinking about it already - high school can seem scary at first! But luckily, it's totally common (almost everyone goes to high school!) so we have lots of articles to help ya. First, check out this awesome letter from the editor, Karen, about the first day of school. It can help to keep these things in mind because they make each day so much more fun! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/07/07/your-school-survival-checklist.aspx You should also remember that being nervous at first is standard - if you WEREN'T a little nervous, we'd be worried about ya! ;) But once you get there, you'll figure out your locker combo, where your classes are, where to sit for lunch, what your teachers are like, etc. Each day, it will get easier!!

And check out this article for help with the public speaking jitters. Again, completely normal! But there are ways to get more confidence and overcome those nerves - so read on Smile http://www.girlslife.com/post/2007/09/07/girl-talk-public-speaking-freaks-me-out.aspx?cp=all
Lauren C.

by Jazzyrock2213 on 6/24/2012 4:13:25 AM

mod mod mod!!!!
My mom won't let me get a cell phone until i'm 16!!!!!How can I convince her to get me a cell phone!

Hey girl!

You're definitely not alone in this situation. There's lots parents who won't let their kids get phones until a certain age. Think about a couple reasons why you want a cell phone. List the practical reasons (like being able to communicate during emergencies or calling if you need a ride home) as well as the other reasons (like being able to text or snap photos). Calmly explain these reasons to your mom in a mature way. You also need to show her that you're responsible and that your phone won't interfere with your school work or other obligations. If she doesn't give in, maybe you could negotiate an age to get a phone between how old you are now and 16.
Rachael A.

by PlushPurplePanda on 6/22/2012 1:51:52 PM

My parents are getting a divorce and want me to choose between them. I want to go with my mom but I don't know if that will hurt my dad?? Please help.

hey! I'm sorry that your parents are making you choose between them in their divorce; I think that puts a lot of unfair pressure on you. Since they are making you choose, if you want to live with your mom, then do it. This will affect a big part of your life, so you should do what you want to. Your dad will be ok with that.

Helen S.

by ittietoto on 6/18/2012 7:08:30 PM

Hey girls!!
I haven't been on GL in a while but I'm back and eager to get back to giving advice to anyone who needs it!!!!
I'm 16..and have been through A LOT, and would be happen to help you through anything. No question's to personal or to weird..trust me I can handle it.
Ask me about absolutley anything..I can give you top notch advice in:
-guys
-family
-divorce & remarriage
-friends
-health & body questions
-beauty and makeup questions
-school problems or questions
-embarassing moments

...And just about anything else, like I can't think of anything you CANT ask me about.
So is there something you want to get off your chest? Something you need advice on? Or do you just need someone to vent or talk to, who will listen but not judge you?

My profiles just a click away chicas and I'd love to help you out<3
xoxo,
maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 6/16/2012 8:38:56 PM

*****ATTENTION ALL MUSIC LOVERS****

Do you really love music and don't know what you'd do without it? Well I have the perfect club for ya! Join Music's #1 Fans! Where we talk all about music! Everyone who likes any kind of genre can join. We give full coverage on award winners at any music award show and we talk about all the latest music news. Want a position or have an idea for the club? Sweet! Go to my personal profile Princess Keziyah and I will get back to ya as soon as possible. Laughing

See ya there! <3

by Music's #1 Fans on 6/16/2012 1:27:25 PM

I feel your pain. My dads remarried, has a new baby..and really a new LIFE..that my sister and I really don't fit into anymore. But I'm not that close to him anyway..I never was I've always been WAYYYYY closer to my mom and my sis sorta bonded more with my dad. So it doesn't bother me to much but it does suck i know

by maggie183 on 6/16/2012 12:21:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD big problem with my dad hes a good dad and all but he works alot and because of school i never see him and i get lonely. At School i was always alone and i only had one friend so i broke the rules of my dad and went out for lunch with my only friend because i couldnt take always being alone and by myself ( She goes out for lunch and i stay at the school because my dad wont let me go out 4 lunch) but because noone really likes me but for her i went out for lunch with her and my dad found out and he HATES me now, he wont take my side of the story he just kept yelling at me and calling me names like (Loser, Liar, Descraceful,) And i cant take it whenever i do a worng he yells and wont listen to me i dont know what to do!

Hey babe,

I promise you he definitely doesn't hate you.  It's likely that he just feels betrayed by your decision, like you just didn't care.  You need to talk with him about it.  If you sit him down and talk calmly, he should get less aggressive about the situation as long as you remain calm.  You should try your best to apologize, keep in mind how he probably feels, and make sure he knows why  you did what you did.
Jordan S.

by mozilla10 on 6/16/2012 10:10:33 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
This summer is going to take a nose-dive.
1. My stepdad is coming next Wednesday to stay, AGAIN.(Let's just say the first time was a total crash-course.)It's going to be so awkward. Last summer he gave me a 10:00 P.M. bedtime! >Frown I'm one year older and this time, I hope I DON'T get a bed time.
2. My mom is getting married on the first week of July,I'm only attending the after-party and we went dress shopping for me. We got this cute dress but, the only problem is, we already bought it and it came to the knee. My soon-to-be-stepdad doesn't like that. And he said, "No Heels" so I have to return my shoes.
3. I'm going to lose alot of fun priveleges that I have. like, no blasting music and singing off-key along, no more staying up late drawing,going to the pool without some sort of "lesson" and, Cry no more time on the computer/T.V.!
4. Back to school shopping will be a nightmare!
5. This year, I'm starting middle school. He's going to make it so difficult.

Hey girl,

Adjusting to a new adult in the family is never easy, but your stepdad probably just has those rules because he cares about you! Try finding some of the positive things about him and getting to know him better. If your mom likes him, there must be some awesome stuff about him Smile

Meghan D.

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 6/15/2012 11:57:08 PM

heyy gurls!! I need advice! I like a guy lets call him S so I like S I think he likes me but I've only known him for a couple weeks but he's realyyy smart!Smile But we only see each other at swim lessons and they have 2 weeks leftFrown so I need a way to keep in touch with him! I'm not sure if he has a phone(I have one) or a facebook(I dont have oneSmile) we could see if our swim teacher could teach us on weekends for becoming a swim teacherSmile

Hey girl,

If you want to ask him for his phone number to stay in touch, that's not weird at all! If he doesn't have a cell phone, you could always talk to him on his home phone, too. It isn't weird to ask, you aren't asking him out but it will still give you a way to chat over the summer. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by Cupcake_queen_101_ on 6/15/2012 8:45:28 PM

********************ATTENTION ALL USERS********************
R U feeling LEFT OUT all of a sudden' and just dontknow wat to do anymore..... JOIN FASHION ADVICE FOR ALL THE RITE ANSWERS THAT U NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HURRY, SPACE IS LIMITED AND WE NEED NEW OFFICERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by cutiepie14231 on 6/15/2012 8:03:04 PM